X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMPORTANT] Forum Migration Tonight!

Greetings Dragon Lords!

The time is nigh! We’ll be migrating the War Dragons forums over to Discourse Forums this week to provide everyone with a much cleaner, faster experience to interact with your fellow War Dragons players. Some of the new features include: infinite thread scrolling (no more searching for the “Next Page” button--just keep scrolling down!), highlighting pieces of text to quote, drag-and-drop uploads, improved mobile viewing, and much more!

FAQs:

When is migration?
    Forum migration is scheduled for Tuesday, October 3rd at 7PM PST.

What will happen?
    We’ll be setting the forum to read-only mode while Discourse performs migration. This means you can still view threads, but no one will be able to post. The forum will go back up in the same state was it was when we set it to read-only.

How long will the forum be down?
    Migration usually takes between 24 and 48 hours. We expect it to be back up by 8PM Thursday, October 5th.

Where will the new forum be?
    The new forum will be located at http://forums.wardragons.com/.

What about old posts and the old forum?
    The old vBulletin forum will still live at http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/, but only in read-only mode. We plan to leave it up for a few months as a fallback.

Will I have to create a new account?
    Nope, but you will be prompted to refresh your password on the first login.

We’re very excited to finally be able to share the new forums with you all!

Cheers,

The War Dragons Team

10/5 4:38PM UPDATE: We are extending the migration process by one more day while we perform some changes to the new forum's settings and properly directing it to the proper URL. We hope to have it up and running by end-of-day Friday, October 6th. Thanks for your understanding!

Last edited by EggToken; 1 week ago.

Just to clarify...

You used the term migration. Are just the user accounts being migrated or are the posts being migrated over as well? Given the expected migration time, I suspect the latter, but wanted to confirm.

The current forum is very slow, so I, for one, welcome our new forum overlords!

Thanks!

Comment

• Mer1in
      Mer1in commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be worth reading the section titled. "What will happen?" It would have saved you posting.
      Last edited by Mer1in; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Bleeding auto correct

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      Both.

• Talarius
      Talarius commented
      Editing a comment
      I read that section, Merl1n, it does not contain the answers to the questions I asked.

Thank you Egg Token for answering them.

Well with the migration my time as a mod will officially end. So I will be the first to say it...

“They don’t have time to fix the game but they have time to work on a forum that supposedly only a small part of the players in the game even uses.” 😂😂😂
    What, me worry?

Comment

EggToken Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainC View Post
        Well with the migration my time as a mod will officially end. So I will be the first to say it...

“They don’t have time to fix the game but they have time to work on a forum that supposedly only a small part of the players in the game even uses.” 😂😂😂
        The forum redesign was contracted out to an agency that was already working on some website stuff for us. I'm not sure which "they" you're talking about, but it wasn't PG staff. None of our engineers or devs were tasked with rolling out this new forum.

Comment

• Ezash
          Ezash commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t take that post personally... you can understand that there is frustration in the player base and that there are many issues we as players and customers are entitled to be upset about. Inthinknmost of us would simply appreciate a little more transparency about what is being done to resolve these issues and make this game we love back to being enjoyable and less frustrating.

• odie1993
          odie1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why so angry?

Originally posted by PGJared View Post

The forum redesign was contracted out to an agency that was already working on some website stuff for us. I'm not sure which "they" you're talking about, but it wasn't PG staff. None of our engineers or devs were tasked with rolling out this new forum.
        Spare us with the Petty ignorance. we all know it, you also know it what CaptainC really means when they say "they dont have time to fix the game".

Comment

Will the new forum still be associated with Pocket Gems?

Comment

• PGJared
            PGJared commented
            Editing a comment
            In what way? It's still going to be run and maintained by us.

• PurpleFire1
            PurpleFire1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just noticed that the “.pocketgems.com/“ is gone

Actually I was just having a bit of fun at PG’s expense. I don’t know or care who was working on the forum but even if it was PG staff I doubt it would have been the same people who work on the game daily.

It it was said in the spirt of fun (see smilies) And was not intended to start another us vs them debate.

Party on peeps!
          What, me worry?

Comment

Just a heads-up, I've rescheduled this to one hour earlier (7PM) so we have some more time for preparatory tasks.

Comment

Happy migration 😁😁😁

See you on the other side 🖖🏾

Comment

This is beginning soon! I'll be updating the Announcement at the top of the forum with any updates. Cheers!

Comment

• Lx460
                Lx460 commented
                Editing a comment
                I love "PG time". It is very unique and special. 😁

Test test

Comment

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha nooooo, maybe the ban would carry over to the new forum lol!

• Wr9tch9d
                Wr9tch9d commented
                Editing a comment
                ​​​​​​​Ping

• Warlord
                Warlord commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah read only I see that 😆

Some bits still work which is weird.

Comment

Is this still happening?

Comment

Forum migration must be for World Map Beta testers only because I'm still able to post.

Can't comment on others though so some parts have definitely been turned off. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X