Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i clicked on the link to the new forum and it looked the same as it has been. I tried the login button and it worked!!! I was given a login page. I realize I've forgotten my password so i change it. I then try to log in and still... "Username or Password is incorrect" ...b...but i changed it so i would know it?! The heck!

This is such a tease!!! I am a terrible procrastinator with school work but this takes the cake. How can you say it will be finished one day and only have it done a week later??? Not even that!!! I can't even log into the cite and it still has a white and blue theme which i hope isn't the new look of the forums. Where's the dragons, fire and explosions? I would understand it if it looked like the plainest cite ever if it came out on the first day to be expected. After a week, of delays it better be flawless and sparkling. I could make a do-it-yourself website in about and hour and allow commenting sections, and I'm 17! Seriously we really don't care if it's glowing and shoots fire, just get it up and running!

I think everyone would appreciate an update on whether this new forum was just failure, a lie, or simply an honest mistake of planning. Thanks for the fast response to this ahead of time...

Comment

I got a login pop-up too, entered my username and password, no go.
      Hmm.
      Entered my email address and password, no go.

Should I enter my ss#? credit card number? DNA sample? How do I unlock these magic forums?

#anxiouslyAwaitingNewForums
      Lead Pyroclast - Built2Burn

Comment

This is embarrassing that they just don’t give any update or reply in here at all

Comment

Originally posted by Hieronymus View Post
          I got a login pop-up too, entered my username and password, no go.
          Hmm.
          Entered my email address and password, no go.

Should I enter my ss#? credit card number? DNA sample? How do I unlock these magic forums?

#anxiouslyAwaitingNewForums
          Even if you know your password the error message is along the lines of wrong mail oder username. But it is a step in the right direction, yesterday you didn't get the log on screen.
          After hearing tonight tonight in my brain I moved on to step by step 😁
          Last edited by Fairyknight; 1 week ago. Reason: positiv thought

Comment

I entered my user name and my password and it say incorrect.
            i entered the same username and password here and it works.

Comment

Plot twist:

Their new “owners” realized that forums don’t make money and just make the game look bad with all of the negative posts.

Thus they have decided, no more forums for you, and are afraid to tell the community until they can figure out how to turn these forums off..........
              Last edited by MrJonesy; 1 week ago.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm back once more with another update (hopefully the last!)
                • To reiterate: actual migration of the forum data, accounts, attachments, etc. was completed on-schedule last week by the helpful folks over at Discourse. I know it's confusing because the actual "migration" process is not the issue here--it's delays with the tasks required of our contractor to get the site hooked up to run on a secure server.
                • For those who are trying to log in at forums.wardragons.com, you will still not be able to get a password reset, as outgoing e-mails from the forum are still disabled.
                • You're frustrated. I'm frustrated. We all wanted this done last week, but right now what's left is out of our hands to expedite (can I get some Timers IRL?).
                • We received an update on progress late today saying that the site will be deployed Thursday (tomorrow).
                • After it's live, a few minor updates to the design may occur in the few weeks, so let us know if there are any outstanding bugs that pop up.
                Thanks for bearing with us! Fortunately, completely changing forum software is not something we'll need to do again for a long time.

Comment

Thanks EggToken good to know where things are at.... it won't stop our ongoing commentary while we wait, but good to know all the same! lol

Comment

Originally posted by NinAK View Post
                    This is embarrassing that they just don’t give any update or reply in here at all
                    What's more embarrassing is that they keep releasing more content, updates, alteration or "new forums" that are broken or simply don't work. 😂

Comment

• XxTrue1xX is transferring 1,000,000,000 Twelve Hour Timers to EggToken. Transfer will be complete in 20 minutes and 0 seconds.

I gotchu!!! Thanks for the response, we are all excited for this! Fingers crossed there are no more road bumps.

Comment

• Seeing as Discourse has issues getting a forum up, you might want to consider other software... maybe XenForo.

Of course, you folks have already taken the leap, so I'm sure that wouldn't happen, but so far, I have to say I'm not impressed with Discourse.

Comment

• EggToken i guess you now feel a little of the same frustration, that we feel with the game, when you release bug after bug and don’t tell anything aftwerwards
                          about what happening.
                          #karma

Comment

• Has anyone looked at the advertising on the Discourse Forum homepage?

"Online within five minutes"

Comment

• Opps looks like I was mistaken in my previous post so I'm editing/deleting is.
                              Soorry aboot dat.
                              Last edited by MPL_Pot; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Guys, the way I read it is that there are 3 partys.
                                PG and Discourse seemed to be on time so noone to blame there.
                                The third party, the contractor who was supposed "to get the site hooked up to run on a secure server", messed it up and delayed the forum migration.
                                MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Working...
                                X