Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At one point, this was read-only, except that people could still post from in-game, then random threads/forums were inaccessible. On the new site, forums that were previously hidden were no longer hidden. Fun

Also, the announcement at the top that's gone now said end of day Friday.

Edit: Not all forums are back to normal - I can't edit one of my threads XD
    Last edited by ITIL; 2 weeks ago.
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

ITIL

What new forum? They said the new one would appear at forums.wardragons.com
      All I see there is an Apache2 Ubuntu Default page

I'm still accessing and able to post from the original wardragons.pocketgems.com URL

Hope someone from PG decides to step in and tell us what on earth is going on with their forum migration soon.

Comment

SilentOne I've seen the default page until today. It changed to a very plain and empty site that only has a little text and a login button which doesn't work yet.

It says:
        "This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.
        All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.

Welcome to War Dragons
        An account is required. Please create an account or log in to continue."

When trying to log in I get "Login is disabled while the site is in read only mode."

I guess it should work later today
        MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

The longest PG's night: the night of the 3th of October is lasting since three days and keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by Wr9tch9d View Post
            The longest PG's night: the night of the 3th of October is lasting since three days and keep going...
            PG did say that it would take between 24 and 48 hours and would be done by 8PM Thursday.

It would have been nice for them to add three simple letters to the post to clarify which time region...

Comment

Originally posted by PGJared View Post

The forum redesign was contracted out to an agency that was already working on some website stuff for us. I'm not sure which "they" you're talking about, but it wasn't PG staff. None of our engineers or devs were tasked with rolling out this new forum.
              You sure? 🤔

Comment

Lol MareZ So at this point the new page is in read only mode and we can still post on the old one.

I'm sure they said that the forum we have all been using was the one which would be switched into read only mode!

Comment

Hey Friends,

Thought I'd just drop in for a quick update of how everything's going because (as you can tell) we're not fully up and running with the new Discourse forum yet.
                  • We ran into some really silly filesize limitations while pulling the most recent database yesterday, which resulted in a few hours' pushback.
                  • Fortunately, now all the posts, user accounts, and attachments are all moved over! The only real remaining task is activating the pretty parts of the new forum i.e. the CSS and look & feel of the forum--how you'll be interacting with it.
                  • I've spent the better part of the day working on fiddling with user account settings, permissions, badges, etc. so that when it's back up people should be able to see what they were able to see before (things like permissions to the World Map subforum).
                  • Right now, the new Discourse forum is set to read-only (unlike vBulletin) so you can't use it yet. Believe me, we've toggled all the switches aside from completely blacking out this forum and there's still some people who are able to post :\
                  • You might be able to see the login page to the new forum, but you won't be able to log in due to the above. Plus, what it looks like as of writing this is a boring default landing page that hasn't been gussied up yet.
                  To Do:
                  • Some pictures in posts like the Seasonal Dragons threads have weird formatting with attachments. Easy fix, but kind of manual, so it'll take a few days to work on these after the forum is up.
                  • As mentioned, activating the styling and UI of the new forum is the biggest remaining thing thats left. After that....
                  • ...we'll have our mods poke around to help us check for any glaring issues, and then it's launch time! Not to be confused with lunch time.
                  • Custom Emoji???

Once again, I'm really sorry for the delay, but it's worth the wait, and getting away from all the issues with vBulletin. Thanks for everybody's patience!

Comment

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
                    • Custom Emoji???

Animojis for really retarted deuce emojis with the iPhone X?

Just kidding, hope the new forum will look great
                    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
                      Hey Friends,

Thought I'd just drop in for a quick update of how everything's going because (as you can tell) we're not fully up and running with the new Discourse forum yet.
                      • We ran into some really silly filesize limitations while pulling the most recent database yesterday, which resulted in a few hours' pushback.
                      • Fortunately, now all the posts, user accounts, and attachments are all moved over! The only real remaining task is activating the pretty parts of the new forum i.e. the CSS and look & feel of the forum--how you'll be interacting with it.
                      • I've spent the better part of the day working on fiddling with user account settings, permissions, badges, etc. so that when it's back up people should be able to see what they were able to see before (things like permissions to the World Map subforum).
                      • Right now, the new Discourse forum is set to read-only (unlike vBulletin) so you can't use it yet. Believe me, we've toggled all the switches aside from completely blacking out this forum and there's still some people who are able to post :\
                      • You might be able to see the login page to the new forum, but you won't be able to log in due to the above. Plus, what it looks like as of writing this is a boring default landing page that hasn't been gussied up yet.
                      To Do:
                      • Some pictures in posts like the Seasonal Dragons threads have weird formatting with attachments. Easy fix, but kind of manual, so it'll take a few days to work on these after the forum is up.
                      • As mentioned, activating the styling and UI of the new forum is the biggest remaining thing thats left. After that....
                      • ...we'll have our mods poke around to help us check for any glaring issues, and then it's launch time! Not to be confused with lunch time.
                      • Custom Emoji???

Once again, I'm really sorry for the delay, but it's worth the wait, and getting away from all the issues with vBulletin. Thanks for everybody's patience!
                      this is exactly what customers want to read. i hope we can get such detailed information reports about ingame stuff like changes and bugfixes too!

Comment

EggToken not sure if this has anything to do with the stall, but Didcourse forum didn't recognize my login credentials and a password reset email never came. Once all is up and running can you look into that for me? Thank you!!!

Comment

So we won’t be able to access forums through the gear icon as we did before?
                          Last edited by Brigitte25; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

SuavGlav This is actually expected behavior right now. Everyone will need to click the "Forgot Password?" link to reset their password when logging in for the first time, but as the message at the top of the page says

All outgoing email has been globally disabled by an administrator. No email notifications of any kind will be sent.
                            Password reset e-mails are also temporarily disabled.

Comment

Just wanted to put his out there. Idk if it was said in the original post or if this is intentional but you cannot login on your phone. I couldn't do it on my phone nor my friends' so i finally jumped onto my computer and it worked. If you are being brought to that weird cite that is just the testing confirmation thingy you're not alone. Is this supposed to be this way? Maybe it's just my friends and i, but i have a feeling that this isn't right.

Just wanting to ask!!! You're doin' amazing PG!!! Can't wait!

Comment

SilentOne can't comment, so separate reply -

Last afternoon yesterday, the new forums were up, and you could read pretty much anything from this one and some threads from beta/hidden forums. It's just a login required page now; maybe it just hasn't propagated through the CDN if you're still seeing the default web server page.
                                [ITIL isn't my IGN]
                                XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

Working...
                                X