Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

[IMPORTANT] Forum Migration Tonight!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I can access forum, but I don't find old messages. They where supposed to be migrated I guess.

Is the migration still ongoing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ITIL View Post
      Thanks Testy. I wonder what happens on the new forums when someone changes their IGN. XD This one isn't linked to anything right now, so I guess I'll stay off of them for now.
      ITIL it will change also. I changed my name from Kenshiki to Kenshikiqwe and it changed right away. so basically, it is directly connected to your game account.

Comment

• This vBulletin format is pretty old and doesn't play well with others. The one PGDave ended up setting up when the agency they hired fell through is a really nice new format with a much newer UI. Won't be anything like this forum, but my feeling is change is good. And this will still be here as reference.

I'd personally rather see a fresh start with fewer categories. It is very fast even in-game right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uhmorphous View Post
          This vBulletin format is pretty old and doesn't play well with others. The one PGDave ended up setting up when the agency they hired fell through is a really nice new format with a much newer UI. Won't be anything like this forum, but my feeling is change is good. And this will still be here as reference.

I'd personally rather see a fresh start with fewer categories. It is very fast even in-game right now.
          The new one I assure you is pretty good even if you set up like 10 categories with 3-4 sub categories each. I had a similar forum on my older games and it's still smooth even if there's been already about 10k threads on general discussion while 2k+ threads on the other categories.

Let's wait for PGDave and the other people working on the forum to do their magic. It might be slow, but at least they are showing some improvements.

Comment

• So it's In-Game-Name or nothing on the new forum is it?

There's no option to retrieve passwords so I can't use previous login details.

Looks like I'll wait until it's open to use on a browser and not just through the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilentOne View Post
              So it's In-Game-Name or nothing on the new forum is it?

There's no option to retrieve passwords so I can't use previous login details.

Looks like I'll wait until it's open to use on a browser and not just through the game.
              No, a lot of people are able to access through their browser. It's fast on iOS in-game (you'll be signed in automatically with your IGN), and I can read on the browser, nice and fast, just can't sign in or register. I've got the right Pocket ID sign-in information for both accounts, just not taking it right now.

http://wardragons.trydiscourse.com/

I think it's a great start.

Comment

No, a lot of people are able to access through their browser. It's fast on iOS in-game (you'll be signed in automatically with your IGN), and I can read on the browser, nice and fast, just can't sign in or register. I've got the right Pocket ID sign-in information for both accounts, just not taking it right now.

Exactly. If you don't remember your sign in details you're out of luck as far as using a browser.
                Definitely better than waiting another month or three for the third party to get their act together, but still, I'd rather be more anonymous in the forum.
                I have enough daily attackers as it is, no need to use in game name in a forum and upset even more people LOL

Comment

• EggToken can you please confirm the new forum is up and running? If so, where are all the messages from the old forum? If a conversation on PM was ongoing, should we start it again?

Comment

• The new forum is definitely up and running. As an iOS user, i was able to login with my apple credentials via desktop.

In-game, you should be automatically logged in. (Settings > Social > Go to Forum).

Comment

When i click that link, this is what i get: This site is blocked due to a security threat that was discovered by the Cisco Umbrella security researchers.

looks like i am out of luck on playing in the forums with that issue.

Comment

• I have my forum log in details, they don't work on the new site.

I have this horrid suspicion the new forum had extra motives from pg. Hiding the tirade of complaints and bugs from those not already playing. Currently at least, it looks like they are restricting access to those playing already, and only using game relationship linking. Not quite the honest making them better, a better system etc. said as all the motive. Just in time for the new Atlas boats junk spreading.
                        Last edited by JSG; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• I tried logging in with my pocket ID, the log in page just keeps refreshing.

Comment

• Interesting, the forum was working at the wardragons.trydiscourse.com url but now through a laptop browser I see "Sorry, the site you are looking for does not exist."
                            Still looks like it works ingame though! I guess the trial part of the trydiscourse url has expired.

PG This is a mess. Could we please have an update on what's happening with the forum situation.

EggToken PGDave

Just noticed that the forums.wardragons.com URL appears to be working in laptop browser.
                            Last edited by SilentOne; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Sounds like they're out of the trial version and into a legit URL, which is great.

I submitted a ticket about login issues, and I wanted to share here in case people are having the same issues:

If you can't sign in to forums.wardragons.com, PG is working on this known issue. They're asking for a 24-36-hour wait (from now; was 48 hours from yesterday afternoon) to get it sorted out.

So, the in-game forums are accessible, and the browser version is for many, and will be more accessible likely by around Saturday morning (-8 GMT).

Comment

• Shit communication from PG, as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X