Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

[IMPORTANT] Forum Migration Tonight!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, can we please get an answer EggToken CampusLifer PGJared on the data usage question? There was another thread that suggested it might be due to the initial downloading of graphics associated with the last upgrade, but surely they have all been downloaded by now and the extreme daily data usage is continuing. This is an urgent and acute problem. If this is the "new normal" for the game, I'd like to know now because I'm going to have to make some hard decisions....

Comment

• I’m really starting to think this forum migration was really an undercover secret project laid out by pg to officially get rid of the forums. There’s no new forum that will ever be up and running. Pg just wanted to get rid of us complainers and they found a way to push blame on another company. Either that or pg contracted the one company in the world that treats their customers worse then pg does.

Comment

• Well I hope the new forum is up and running before the car crash that is Atlas commences - having uninstalled the game a few days ago and thoroughly enjoying not being bent over daily by a small hard working team, I am at least hoping to watch the devastation unfold when beta gets rolled out. Or maybe that won't happen either...

Comment

• PG next time you want to “migrate” something, could I get the task ? .. i could have copy/pastes each and every topic/reply manually from this forum to the new by now.

Comment

• This data usage issue could really be the nail in the coffin if they don’t get this sorted soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirNinja View Post
              I’m really starting to think this forum migration was really an undercover secret project laid out by pg to officially get rid of the forums. There’s no new forum that will ever be up and running. Pg just wanted to get rid of us complainers and they found a way to push blame on another company. Either that or pg contracted the one company in the world that treats their customers worse then pg does.
              You are a scholar and a gentleman sir. I believe you are right. 2 weeks for just a migration. lol

Comment

• This isn't the right place for this but I dont see where I can start a new thread. (maybe that feature is currently disabled?) I would have posted on a relevant thread, however, I read that you can be banned for posting where the last response was over 30 days ago. I also tried to handle this issue with an in-game ticket, but my forum access was resolved while the second part of my ticket was ignored. Anyway:

A level 300-something mentioned in League Chat that the next event would be Breeding. I asked how they could possibly know it wouldn't be Feeding when the calendar isn't yet updated for the next event. This player claimed to have an event calendar for the rest of the year and it hadn't been wrong yet. They said it was given to them by a player in Diamond League. They stated the next 4 events are Breeding, Feeding, Fortification, and then King of the Hill. I know that one shouldn't believe everything they are told, however, this player was rather convincing.

So, if this player is telling the truth, that means this information has been improperly leaked, and it gives an advantage to those who know when the feeding events will be. If this is the case (which we should find out over the next 4 events), I believe PG needs to give us a better event timeline to put all players at the same advantage as those with the leaked information.

Again, I apologize for posting this in the wrong place but I felt as though I didnt have another option.

Comment

• Again not the right place to post but I cant post anywhere else.

Theres a thread about data usage that would have liked to add to.

In August my total mobile data usage for war dragons was 260MB
                  September 190 MB
                  October (just the first 10 days) was 1.6 GB

I assumed this was due to an upgrade, however it seems not, this was spread evenly over the days, the next day where there wasnt an upgrade I know about I used 251 MB and I have the play store setting to only auto update apps over wifi.

I havent changed the amount, times or way I play, I use a mix of wifi and mobile data often finding it conveinient and fun to play war dragons whilst I have a few spare minutes. I do however have a monthly limit on my mobile data which does not allow for any application to use this much.

This increase in mobile data usage, that appears unrelated to download or installation of upgrades, means I have had to block war dragons from any use of mobile data and so vastly reduced the amount I can play.

From the data usage thread it appears I'm not alone in seeing this change. I get not extra functionality from the latest upgrades, I see no reason for war dragons to need this extra data. Could something be done to reduce the data requirements back to previous sensible levels?

Thanks
                  Last edited by Thraxas; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Responding to Obfirmo: They are talking about the following website: http://www.wardragons.info/eventhistory.html
                    Anyone can get there, its not secret info. And just because PG has been following a pattern so far it doesn't mean they will continue. They have announced a new event that will need to be put in the rotation at some point (see here: http://www.wardragons.info/101317newevent.html) so that may very well go in the place of King of the Hill. All your friend is doing is making educated guesses.

Comment

• VirNinja While PG has shown staggering levels of incompetence in everything they are involved in, and I know you are joking, they would also have to remove their Facebook posts as well in order to completely ignore complaints. The high number of angry/frustrated comments on their Facebook posts are truly a thing of beauty.

Comment

• JennyD....that event history in no way tells us that the next 4 events are going to be breeding, feeding, fortification, then king of the hill. There is not a pattern to discern such with any certainty. Again, this person claims their year long event calendar has not been wrong yet. I am aware they could be lying but if they have a calendar that correctly gives every event for the rest of the year, I dont think the answer is "because event history".

Comment

• Originally posted by Obfirmo View Post
                          JennyD....that event history in no way tells us that the next 4 events are going to be breeding, feeding, fortification, then king of the hill. There is not a pattern to discern such with any certainty. Again, this person claims their year long event calendar has not been wrong yet. I am aware they could be lying but if they have a calendar that correctly gives every event for the rest of the year, I dont think the answer is "because event history".
                          I have heard/seen this and I think it was only created a few events ago, at the start of the season.

That being said, 5 events correct doesn't extrapolate to accurately guessing the next 20 haha. It is just ridiculous since we know a new event is on the horizon and it's not included in his event schedule. So it's going to be wrong at some point guaranteed.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Obfirmo View Post
                            JennyD....that event history in no way tells us that the next 4 events are going to be breeding, feeding, fortification, then king of the hill. There is not a pattern to discern such with any certainty. Again, this person claims their year long event calendar has not been wrong yet. I am aware they could be lying but if they have a calendar that correctly gives every event for the rest of the year, I dont think the answer is "because event history".
                            You way over simplified her answer but actually yes event history plays a huge part in that calendar. Breeding and fort events almost never change. Pg has for the most part run the energy events in a certain order as well. So the only event that anyone doesn’t already have a schedule for is the feeding event. That only comes up once every 1-3 months. So you can figure out the event schedule with 90-100% accuracy without having insider info. I’m sure if atlas and these new events pg is advertising ever come out then it will be more difficult but as of right now knowing what event is next is pretty easy to figure out.

Comment

• There are some patterns but it's nothing I would be so sure about as to make and distribute a calendar. For instance, Feeding always comes after Tug of War...however, one time it was directly after, another with a Breeding between, another with a Fortification between.

The PvP events follow somewhat of a rotation but that rotation has changed several times.

Anyway, I suppose someone could just guess correctly and we don't even know yet if they did. However, it seems suspicious to me that someone could be certain about the event order without having inside knowledge.

Comment

• Obfirmo, usually it goes like this: pvp event, breeding, pvp event, fortification, pvp, breeding, pvp, fort, and so on. So far each quarter there is a feeding event so do not feed dragons that you do not use for breeding. or just do not feed them past parent level. I learned my lesson hard. If yo play this game you will see a pattern. No inside information needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X