Obsidian Tier Part 2 - Dragon and Spell Overview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsidian Tier Part 2 - Dragon and Spell Overview

Ready to meet the rest of Obsidian Tier? Two Legendary and two Mythics are flying in this week to complete the Obsidian set. Learn more about them and the new spells they introduce below!

Hedran

Prism Dragon

War Dragons - Hedran

Class: Warrior

Rarity: Legendary

Element: Earth

Spells:

• Isolation - Active, 2 Rage, Blue
      Weakens the targeted tower and greatly weakens nearby towers. The effect ends after 6.5 seconds, or if the targeted tower is destroyed.
      Learned at Level 2

• Seething Spark - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      First cast increases damage of dragon by 25%. Cast again to deal damage to towers within range and stun them for 4.5 seconds.
      Learned at Level 5

• Archer Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Archer Towers by 70%.
      Learned at Level 9

• Ice Turret Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Ice Turrets by 70%.
      Learned at Level 14

Lumina

Chroma Dragon

War Dragons - Lumina

Class: Hunter

Rarity: Legendary

Element: Fire

Spells:

• Flash - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Emit a flash of light that blinds towers. Gain a 65% chance to dodge incoming attacks and slows the flight speed of your dragon by 50% for 4.25 seconds.
      Learned at Level 2

• Light Speed - Active, 1 Rage, Red
      Deal area damage and dramatically reduce Hunter attack cost. While active, Hunter attacks deal reduced damage.
      Learned at Level 5

• Seismic Screech - Active, 1 Rage, Red
      Deals damage to towers within range and weakens them by 25%.
      Learned at Level 9

• Spitfire Turret Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Fire Turrets by 70%.
      Learned at Level 14

Girasol

Obsidian Beast

War Dragons - Girasol

Class: Warrior

Rarity: Mythic

Element: Wind

Spells:

• Malefic Breath - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Empowers your dragon's flamethrower attack for 3 seconds. Inflicts poisonous Gloom Clouds on targeted buildings. Gloom Clouds deal damage over time.
      Learned at Level 1

• Isolation - Active, 2 Rage, Blue
      Weakens the targeted tower and greatly weakens nearby towers. The effect ends after 6.5 seconds, or if the targeted tower is destroyed.
      Learned at Level 1

• Starburn - Passive
      When your dragon is below 65% base dragon HP, attacks engulf towers, increasing damage inflicted to the tower by 25%.
      Learned at Level 1

• Dark Flak Tower Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Dark Flak Towers by 70%.
      Learned at Level 1

Mafic

Obsidian Drake

War Dragons - Mafic

Class: Hunter

Rarity: Mythic

Element: Dark

Spells:

• Flash - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Emit a flash of light that blinds towers. Gain a 65% chance to dodge incoming attacks and slows the flight speed of your dragon by 50% for 4.25 seconds.
      Learned at Level 1

• Consume - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Consume remaining ammo bar and heal based on the amount consumed. Increased ammo generation after use for 2.5 seconds. 8 second cooldown.
      Learned at Level 1

• Light Speed - Active, 1 Rage, Red
      Deal area damage and dramatically reduce Hunter attack cost. While active, Hunter attacks deal reduced damage.
      Learned at Level 1

• Lightning Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Lightning Towers by 70%.
      Learned at Level 1

Let us know what you think about the new dragons and spells in the comments!

Malefic Breath doesnt belong on a mythic dragon, what a waste

Comment

• HydraBBQ
      HydraBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Useless skill. Change it .

• RayRay
      RayRay commented
      Editing a comment
      A far bigger waste is an Archer Resist on an Obsidian Dragon. Do archer towers event exist at that level?

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Archers might see a comeback once you see more and more Necryx's walking over full elemental tower bases.
      (Comeback as in being more popular. They were always a solid source of damage.)

They look rather underwhelming

Comment

Was there a vote on player generated spell sets? Must have been......cause wow. "No vowels" part 2, 3, 4 and 5 - and no, I'm no where near these drags yet, thank goodness. Artwork doesn't make up for less than useful spell sets, sorry.

Comment

What are the stats on the new spells?
        • Isolation: How much is the targeted tower weakened (both attack and def like Crumble)? How about the nearby towers, and how many (3-5)?
        • Light Speed: How much is the hunter ammo discounted? How much is the hunter's damage reduced?

It'll be neat to see what the dragons look like in-game art-wise, though. Live vicariously through other people?
        [ITIL isn't my IGN]
        XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          Pixxel Echo More detailed stats on Isolation and Light Speed?

forgot to ping in the OP (and not sure if edits ping), so... XD

Girasol body work is just 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 i ALWAYS wanted that dragon. But the spells are ewwwww.

Noc still the king. Let's see how flash and light speed turns out in game.

Cant be such a disappointment

Comment

• ToNyRen
          ToNyRen commented
          Editing a comment
          Just don't give us another Xenot, lol

• Warlord
          Warlord commented
          Editing a comment
          Bahahahaha what Tony Said!!!

And give Gira a white malefic breath 😖

I think everything that needs to be said has already been said.

1) Noct still best dragon in the tier.
        2) Malefic Breath should not be on a Mythic dragon, period. (It could also be said that it does not belong on Any Dragon)
        3) They look rather underwhelming (spell-wise) High cost dragons should have a little shelf life.

lastly - Fire Turret Resist on a hunter is pretty terrible as well

We have gone through this in Garnet and Emerald. Mythics are just expensive breeders for the one new good dragon from the next tier. Hugely disappointing.

Would have been so awesome to go out of the box on Girasol and make the base attack a two finger, two-stream of fire attack, targeting 2 separate towers at once, at something like 90% of normal warrior attack power. Or combine them for a single stream attack at 150%-180%. But...hey...woohoo. Art is nice, as usual.
        Last edited by Warchant; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Lutrus
          Lutrus commented
          Editing a comment
          Everytime I reread this idea it gets cooler and cooler. They really missed out on a cool concept right here.

• Hieronymus
          Hieronymus commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently if you hold down fingers over two towers simultaneously the warrior will switch flames between the two so that they come out in very rapid but erratic staccato bursts. I haven't tried to collect any numbers to see what drop in efficiency there is because of the extremely rapid target switching, though.
          By empiric observation there is a huge drop in damage done, although that may just be a function of the different method of damage application - burn one (mostly) down before moving on, vs wildly spraying flames all over, which I think most would agree is inherently less effective.

Full on multi-targeting by a multiple headed warrior has my vote for idea of the year - that would be freaking awesome!
          Last edited by Hieronymus; 4 weeks ago. Reason: observations

• ToNyRen
          ToNyRen commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually only the left head is really pumping out flames. Regular flame thrower appears to be coming from somewhere in between, but its actually from the left head, lol. Right head is there for... cosmetic purposes lol

Those dragons look ridiculous ....so now can you or anyone from PG actually respond to all the posts that actually mean something to the game here on forum? Just curious that's all..

Comment

Flash and Light Speed look underwhelming on paper. Neither are white so can't avoid rage drain(?) Reduced dragon speed on Flash reminds me of Dissipating on Xenot (eww). I honestly hope they play out more effectively in the game. Both hunters appear way weaker than Noctua. Really disappointed.
          Last edited by Rfdblue; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• DirtBanga
            DirtBanga commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe the white version will come in a future divine

I'm super curious how Lumi turns out.

On paper it tells me that he can't cloak, has a SHITTY resist (I use with expert emeralds let alone with my obisidians fire turrets even super shots to build up rage duh) and can't heal.

Maybe a clean up dragon for Nec.

Maf has consume at least and a great resist.

I'll find out on Wednesday i guess.

Comment

Looks like a bunch of lame breeders.

Comment

So, Flash is a reworked version of evasion, one of the most reviled spells in the game? Granted, it's cheaper and the dragon flies slower instead of faster, which are good changes I suppose. But I'm guessing that Mafic will be the 3rd mythic hunter in a row clearly inferior to a legendary in its tier.

Comment

Flash - 65% chance to dodge attacks...is this projectiles? All damaging attacks? Everything but flaks like elemental mayhem? Mage supers? I forsee a lot of complaints about a spell that works off of rng.

Light Speed - whats the point of reduced ammo cost if the damage is also reduced? What is the ratio (how does the dmg per sec change if at all)?

Maybe theyll end up being decent but on paper and without knowing specifics, they are not very alluring, at least to me.

PGJared

Oh, and Im really hoping these are crude representations of what the dragons will actually look like, because wow, they are hard to look at.
                Last edited by Owlrager; 4 weeks ago.
                _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

Hmm

I have reservations about the new dragons

I see very little skill wise that will take down defended lvl 50 farms?

Warrior: No way to mitigate rage drain, so bleh
                  No way to regen health - his Isolation spell should work like a shield, but since its blue.....

Malefic breath doesn't belong on anything, its junk. Let alone obsidian mythics.

The hunters - I've never understood a hunter standing still above towers, you run out of ammo and get slaughtered. I don't understand the dissipate type of spells - look at xenot - they are essentially junk and will get you killed.

Surely the highest level dragons should be balanced for war where people are actively defending?

Seems like very expensive breeders again - very disappointing

Comment

Art work: +++++!
                    And there the praise ends. The spells! No white spell on any of them ... not even on the mythics? Malefic breath is completely useless as was dissipate and now we have a clone of that named Flash. As already said, very expensive breeders. I'm very disappointed.

Comment

• ITIL
                      ITIL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dissipate is a slow cloak + some ammo recharge + aoe blast vs Flash >.> closer to Evasion but moving more slowly instead.
                  Working...
                  X