Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Fall 2017 - Nightmare Collection Dragon Spell Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixxel
    started a topic Fall 2017 - Nightmare Collection Dragon Spell Info

Fall 2017 - Nightmare Collection Dragon Spell Info

Which dragon will you be unlocking first from the Nightmare Collection?

The Fall 2017 ushers in new Divine Dragons available to collect! Will you feed the nightmares of your enemies with the monstrous Chimerak, seed some Arachnophobia with the hungry Spindra, or laugh in the face of death with Necryx? To help make your choice, read on to learn about the spells that each of these dragons will wield in battle.

Each dragon will start in Orange Tier and can be leveled up through the tiers through the use of Evolution Stones. Evolution stones for each dragon will be obtainable through their specific Fall Season branch up through Obsidian tier.

wardragons-nightmare-collection, black.png

CHIMERAK

Hybrid Monstrosity

War Dragons - Nightmare Collection - Chimerak

“Deadlier than the sum of its parts.”

Class: Warrior

Rarity: Legendary

Element: Dark

Spells: 

• Seething Spark - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      The first cast of Seething Spark increases the dragon's damage by 25%. A second cast deals damage to towers in range and stuns them for 4.5 seconds.
      Learned at Level 1

• Static Shield - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Casting Static Shield puts up a shield of crackling electricity for 2.5 seconds that absorbs all damage until either the duration ends, or the shield absorbs damage equal to 50% of the dragon's max HP.  The shield then explodes, shocking all surrounding towers for damage equal to 10% of the dragon's max HP.
      Learned at Level 1

• Earthquake - Active, 1 Rage, Red
      Earthquake shakes the earth under a large area of buildings, dealing area damage and preventing the towers from attacking.
      Learned at Level 10

• Archer Resist - Passive
      Reduces Archer Tower Damage by 70%.
      Learned at Level 13

SPINDRA

Arachnid Wyrm

War Dragons - Nightmare Collection - Spindra

“More legs to outrun prey. More eyes to see where they're hiding.”

Class: Sorcerer

Spells: 

• Enfeeble - Active, 1 Rage, White
      Enfeeble can be cast on 2 towers at a time. The first cast reduces tower damage by 50% and increases damage taken by towers by 20%.  After a 1 second cooldown, Enfeeble can be cast again on the same towers to instantly destroy them.
      Learned at Level 1

• Northern Lights (Light) - Active, 2 Rage, Blue
      Northern Lights releases ribbons of energy which surround the dragon, making it invulnerable to all attacks for 6 seconds. Once the duration of the spell is over, the ribbons of energy expand outward and apply a healing mark to buildings in range, each of which heals 10% of the dragon's health.
      Learned at Level 1

• Sacrifice - Active, 0 Rage, Blue
      Casting Sacrifice deals 15% damage to your dragon but gains 2 rage points.
      Learned at Level 10

• Dark Flak Resist - Passive
      Reduces damage from Dark Flak Towers by 70%.
      Learned at Level 13

NECRYX

Kharnyx's Flagship Dragon

Warw Dragons | Nightmare Collection | Necryx

“Kharnyx's dragon died once. It won't happen again.”

Class: Hunter

Spells: 

• Desiccating Sand - Active, 1 Rage, White
      Desiccating Sand launches choking sand that does large area damage, and prevents the towers from from firing or blocking spells until they take damage.
      Learned at Level 1

• Cloak - Active, 1 Rage, Blue
      Conceals your dragon so that enemy towers cannot attack. Blue mage towers cancel this effect.
      Learned at Level 1

• Elemental Barrier - Active, 1 Rage, White
      Prevent all damage from elemental attacks for 4.5 seconds. Heals up to 35% of Max HP based on elemental damage received. 2 second cooldown. 
      Learned at Level 10

• Lightning Resist - Passive
      Reduces Lightning Tower Damage by 70%.
      Learned at Level 13

GARGULA

Undying Gargoyle

War Dragons - Nightmare Collection - Chimerak

“Where a heart should be, lies stone.”

Class: Hunter

Spells: 

• Extract Essence - Passive, Yellow

The last tower destroyed by your dragon provides rage and a spell. 

Storm: Northern lights(light)
      Archer: Southern cross(light)
      Cannon: Uproot
      Ballista: Wind wall
      Red mage: Reverse projectiles
      Blue mage: Shield blast
      Trebuchet: Earthquake
      Lightning: Chain lightning
      Ice: Chaos
      Fire: Spell flux
      Dark elemental flak: Vampiric touch
      Lumber: Cure poison
      Food: Rejuvenate
      Totems: Rejuvenate

Learned at Level 1

• Stoneform - Active, 2 Rage, White
      Creates a shield around the Hunter reducing taken damage by 70%.
      Learned at Level 1
    • Sacrifice - Active, 0 Rage, Blue
      Damages your dragon by 15%. Dragon gains 2 rage points in exchange for this inflicted damage.
      Learned at Level 10
    • Spitfire Turret Resist - Passive, Yellow
      Reduce damage taken from Fire Turrets by 70%.
      Learned at Level 13

MOONFANG

Rageful Lycan

War Dragons - Nightmare Collection - Spindra

Cursed with an insatiable bloodlust.”

Class: Warrior

Rarity: Mythic

Spells: 

• Feral Rage - Passive, Yellow
      Increases rage regeneration by 60% due to Dragon’s feral nature.
      Learned at Level 1

• Full Moon - Active, 2 Rage, White
      Empowers Dragon with a 50% increase in damage and a 25% increase in rage regeneration, while Dragon takes 25% of its max HP in damage over time for activating this spell. While Full Moon is active, Dragon heals for 10% of max HP for every tower destroyed. Spell duration is 5 seconds and cooldown is 3 seconds.
      Learned at Level 1

• Intimidating Roar - Active, 2 Rage, Red
      Deals 9-14% of Dragon’s max HP to a group of towers. Reduces damage output of affected towers by 50% for the duration of the battle.
      Learned at Level 10

• Ice Turret Resist - Passive
      Reduce damage taken from Ice Turrets by 70%.
      Learned at Level 13
    Last edited by Pixxel; 10-02-2017, 05:01 PM.

• ITIL
    replied
    Yes, there'll be a mummy dragon coming out; details will be released on the 20th from one of Pixxel's streams.

Leave a comment:

• Obfirmo
    replied
    Desiccating Sand is good, it disables Mage Towers or can be used to disable a high damage tower when you are out of hunter energy. Elemental barrier is very good. All of his spells only cost 1 rage and 2 of them are white. Didn't hear about another dragon this season but if that's the case, then it's worth taking a look at before deciding.

Leave a comment:

• Rylar
    replied
    Is the elemental barrier what makes Necryx? because the desicrating sand is pretty pointless (the delay in shooting after is killer). Cloak has its uses, of course. Right now Necryx doesnt seem as good as Whale or Cons. If I calculated correctly I should be able to get him and another to plat, which will carry me through the winter season, or I can get him to garnet/emerald which means he is going to be useful for a few tiers and will need another dragon during those tiers.

I still have time to decide, also I think they are coming out with another dragon (mummy?). Maybe it will be a good option. For now I'll get Necryx up to max level before getting another tier and see how I like him at that point.

Leave a comment:

• Obfirmo
    replied
    @Rylar...Personally, I would keep going as far as you can down the Necryx tree. Imho it's better to have a dragon that will last you a long time than several that won't. You can justifiably put runes on that way and upgrade them. I waited for Gargula to get released but was unimpressed and ended up paying full price for Necryx. Just my two cents but it's all up to you and your play style and what will give you the most enjoyment from the game. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Rylar
    replied
    Which dragon should I get?

I'm currently in gold tier dragons (level 94) about to hit platinum. I think I'll be able to get 1 plat dragon by the end of the season.

My strongest dragons are Zam (stuck at gold) and Droyuse. I typically like warriors over any others, but I'm starting to like hunters. Whale and Con are getting strong enough to use currently, but I got necryx while he was on sale and haven't found him to be all that great (currently level 8). Maybe it's the tier and if he hits gold he will be able to compete with my other dragons.

Leave a comment:

• kenshiki
    replied
    You can max 1 of each column. After that, you will have 15 skill points extra to max out 1 skill. I have a level 50 Grogg so I am sure with the data that I have provided.

Leave a comment:

• Talarius
    replied
    You can max most of them, but not all. Choose what's important to you all the way to the end. Then back fill on a priority basis until you run out.

Leave a comment:

• Warlord
    replied
    You can’t max out all rider skills you have to choose a path I wrote that many times here...

Leave a comment:

• RagnarKV
    replied
    MareZ I am not 100% sure if a fully maxed out rider earns enough skill points to max them all. My rider is only a level 20 and I have only completed 4 skills.

I do, however, remember reading in a post, and I tried looking for it, by PGDave that you shouldn't worry about leveling up all the skills, but you should be careful selecting the path you take to level up your riders skills. I took that has you wont earn enough skill points to level them. Maybe PGDave could either deny or confirm that all dragon riders skills (beta riders, not seasonal rider) can or cannot be fully maxed out.

Leave a comment:

• MareZ
    replied
    RagnarKV interesting... does this mean a max level 50 rider doesn't have enough skill points to max all skills in his skill tree?
    I always expected that it gives just enough skill points to max all skills, my riders aren't maxed yet so I don't know...
    But I assume that as long as you skill the main routes up to the final skills, you should always get the max ATK and HP boost possible from your rider.

Also the info from Kent sounds interesting, but I'd like to have a little more details.
    Kent98 was the rider max level with all ATK/HP skills? Did it have the rare gear from the season branch or has someone already crafted epic/legendary gear which would make a huge difference?
    Last edited by MareZ; 10-09-2017, 06:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RagnarKV
    replied
    I would like to thank Kent98 for pointing out something very important. It ia very important on knowing how to fly your dragon. If you don't know how to fly your dragon, then boosts won't help at all.

Also, thank you for sharing the results of your testing with us. Noc with and with out a rider. It makes for a great arguement on if riders really do help alot or not. Thanks again for sharing that.

It also made realize that I forgot to mention other aspects to benefits of having a rider. I choose the attack power route because the others won't help. The other benefits are 1) more xp for your dragon so you can level it up faster. 2) more hp so it can go longer. 3) Dragon healing time is less. I am not sure how much less, havnt chose that skill yet. 4)Training cost is lower. Not sure about this either. Not sure if it lowers feeding cost or xp cost. So there is a bunch of different options that a rider can bring to your game. And thats what makes this game so interesting. So many different options out.

And again, this is just my opinion, and everyone has their own way going about the game.

As a teammate of mine always says, "Have fun playing the game."

Leave a comment:

• MareZ
    replied
    Originally posted by OldtimerX View Post
    Remember me, wasn't you the one that always said "the discount dragons shouldn't be stronger than the full priced" ?
    OldtimerX I can't remember saying this. If you find any post of me saying this, please quote me correctly.

Yes, Necryx is a great dragon, but this is the first time the discount dragon is. Abraxxas, Drakius - to name only last two season discount dragons - are not even close to Necryx. So, I'd say you are wrong in all counts in this matter.
    You also clearly didn't read or understand what I said. I fully agree with you on Abraxxas and Drakius being shit but I never said they were great or close to Necryx, that would be a stupid thing to say.

IF PG finally decided to give a great dragon to those who don't invest much in the game, I am applauding this with 6 hands !
    Necryx is the first discounted dragon that was really worth it. So grow yourself 6 hands and applaud PG for throwing us a bone. I never got an equally good divine for just 12,5k sigils before

But, I think you are wrong when you say "all discounted dragons were great !"
    Once again I have never said this.
    Last edited by MareZ; 10-08-2017, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kent98
    replied
    Let me just weigh in on this discussion. Regarding the 70 m and 85m difference in attack power.

those are just numbers do not get excited when you see that increase in number my 60m attack power dragon can destroy a 140m base. its not the attack power that is important. its how you fly it. yes looks good in paper but you can hardly see a difference between the performance of a nec with a rider or without. i opted out of the dragon rider. my teammate opted for a dragon rider we looked at the difference the rider brought to his nec. we hardly see a difference. yes it is stronger. but not stronger that would change the tide of battle. we both attacked a 120m base. my nec finished with 1/3 life. his finished it with 1/2. (same level nec with research on hunters finished)

if it up to the player if he wants to go for the dragon rider. but from my opinion it is not worth it

Leave a comment:

• Warlord
    replied
    Basically the best advice is to ignore everything what Brigitte posts. Her posts are full of negativity and hate towards spenders, PG and any league from platinum onwards.

New players should read what experienced fliers say about new dragons and should try to find some mentor who can read spells.

I know a second after the spells are released if I want that dragon or not.

Of course this is a view of a player with end game content which isn’t true for new players who don’t spend.

So ask questions and best ask in your team and maybe LC what people around your level say to specific dragons.

If i would be a lv 30 player I wouldn’t be too happy with Nec due to bases full of non-elemental towers. Plus they are very limited in terms of devines (caps).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X