This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brigitte25 View Post
    (...) Not using anything that uses the riders, as that involves supporting the ruin of WD for whatever the game is turning into. (...)
    Grogg can be leveled to max and has full armor that works for all this season's divines so you actually don't need or support beta.

Not using discounts dragons since I wouldn’t pick until all the dragons were out.
    Your whole post is wrong in every aspect. Necryx is an amazing dragon, too bad you missed out on the discount.

I just want every new playing reading your posts to know that this is just misleading. Stick to your opinion if you like, but your posts lack a lot of facts and value.
    Last edited by MareZ; 1 week ago.
    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

MareZ - Remember me, wasn't you the one that always said "the discount dragons shouldn't be stronger than the full priced" ?

Yes, Necryx is a great dragon, but this is the first time the discount dragon is. Abraxxas, Drakius - to name only last two season discount dragons - are not even close to Necryx. So, I'd say you are wrong in all counts in this matter.

IF PG finally decided to give a great dragon to those who don't invest much in the game, I am applauding this with 6 hands ! And hope the trending rests the same for the next season. But, I think you are wrong when you say "all discounted dragons were great !"
      Last edited by OldtimerX; 1 week ago.

Comment

Not using anything that uses the riders, as that involves supporting the ruin of WD for whatever the game is turning into.
        Not really sure why you wouldn't use riders. They can add a huge amount of boost to your dragon. Currently, I have a level 20 rider bonded to Borgian. Before bonding, Borgian was at just under 70 million attack power boosted. Then I added a rider, leveled it up to level 20, added some gear (not all the gear yet), added some skills, and now Borgian is at 85.6 million attack boosted. And my rider is no where close to being half way to max. Just think how powerful Borgian will be when my rider is fully maxed. Probably 100 mill or stronger. From what I have read and heard, a fully maxed out rider can add up 30% boost to your dragon. Who wouldn't want a up to 30% boost added to their dragon?

Not using discounts dragons since I wouldn’t pick until all the dragons were out.
        Bummer that you missed out on a discounted kick butt dragon. I agree with some of the other posts (opinions) that the past discounted dragons didn't pan out very well. But by just looking at the spell set on Necryx, how is this not a kick butt dragon. Some reasons why I choose to take this at discounted price, 1) A great hunter has to have Cloak. Check, 2) White spell. Actually has 2. Check Check. 3)Protection and Life gain. Check Check Check. 4) All spells only cost 1 Rage. Check Check Check Check. Elemental Barrier is amazing. Protection from all elemental towers and you gain life from them. All amazing spells. And if you know how to use these spells in combination with each other, Necryx is super super deadly.

Nor will our team take part in Plat and the Atlas horror. Not supporting any part of Beta.
        Kind of bummer that your team doesn't want to partake in the building and shaping of Atlas. I am on a team that is part of Atlas Beta. And yes, it has had its "horros" but that is what beta testing is about. What works, what doesn't work, is it fun, is not fun, etc. This is why there are beta testing like this. I have had a blast playing it.

I would have to agree with MareZ with his post where it is quoting yours. Your post doesn't sound like an opinion.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I have written is my own opinion. It is not factual. Just my opinion. I am not trying to call anyone out, I am not trying to put anyone down. I am not trying to come across as a know it all. But also please note, because I have joined the forum fairly recent, and I don't have whole lot of posts, doesn't mean that I am noob. I have been playing this awesome game for well over a year (level 227, halfway through Garnet Tier). I am not a free to play player, and I am not one of those big fat wallet spenders. I wouldn't even consider myself a medium spender. I spend when I have extra entertainment funds.

Comment

Basically the best advice is to ignore everything what Brigitte posts. Her posts are full of negativity and hate towards spenders, PG and any league from platinum onwards.

New players should read what experienced fliers say about new dragons and should try to find some mentor who can read spells.

I know a second after the spells are released if I want that dragon or not.

Of course this is a view of a player with end game content which isn’t true for new players who don’t spend.

So ask questions and best ask in your team and maybe LC what people around your level say to specific dragons.

If i would be a lv 30 player I wouldn’t be too happy with Nec due to bases full of non-elemental towers. Plus they are very limited in terms of devines (caps).

Comment

Let me just weigh in on this discussion. Regarding the 70 m and 85m difference in attack power.

those are just numbers do not get excited when you see that increase in number my 60m attack power dragon can destroy a 140m base. its not the attack power that is important. its how you fly it. yes looks good in paper but you can hardly see a difference between the performance of a nec with a rider or without. i opted out of the dragon rider. my teammate opted for a dragon rider we looked at the difference the rider brought to his nec. we hardly see a difference. yes it is stronger. but not stronger that would change the tide of battle. we both attacked a 120m base. my nec finished with 1/3 life. his finished it with 1/2. (same level nec with research on hunters finished)

if it up to the player if he wants to go for the dragon rider. but from my opinion it is not worth it

Comment

Originally posted by OldtimerX View Post
              Remember me, wasn't you the one that always said "the discount dragons shouldn't be stronger than the full priced" ?
              OldtimerX I can't remember saying this. If you find any post of me saying this, please quote me correctly.

Yes, Necryx is a great dragon, but this is the first time the discount dragon is. Abraxxas, Drakius - to name only last two season discount dragons - are not even close to Necryx. So, I'd say you are wrong in all counts in this matter.
              You also clearly didn't read or understand what I said. I fully agree with you on Abraxxas and Drakius being shit but I never said they were great or close to Necryx, that would be a stupid thing to say.

IF PG finally decided to give a great dragon to those who don't invest much in the game, I am applauding this with 6 hands !
              Necryx is the first discounted dragon that was really worth it. So grow yourself 6 hands and applaud PG for throwing us a bone. I never got an equally good divine for just 12,5k sigils before

But, I think you are wrong when you say "all discounted dragons were great !"
              Once again I have never said this.

Comment

I would like to thank Kent98 for pointing out something very important. It ia very important on knowing how to fly your dragon. If you don't know how to fly your dragon, then boosts won't help at all.

Also, thank you for sharing the results of your testing with us. Noc with and with out a rider. It makes for a great arguement on if riders really do help alot or not. Thanks again for sharing that.

It also made realize that I forgot to mention other aspects to benefits of having a rider. I choose the attack power route because the others won't help. The other benefits are 1) more xp for your dragon so you can level it up faster. 2) more hp so it can go longer. 3) Dragon healing time is less. I am not sure how much less, havnt chose that skill yet. 4)Training cost is lower. Not sure about this either. Not sure if it lowers feeding cost or xp cost. So there is a bunch of different options that a rider can bring to your game. And thats what makes this game so interesting. So many different options out.

And again, this is just my opinion, and everyone has their own way going about the game.

As a teammate of mine always says, "Have fun playing the game."

Comment

RagnarKV interesting... does this mean a max level 50 rider doesn't have enough skill points to max all skills in his skill tree?
                  I always expected that it gives just enough skill points to max all skills, my riders aren't maxed yet so I don't know...
                  But I assume that as long as you skill the main routes up to the final skills, you should always get the max ATK and HP boost possible from your rider.

Also the info from Kent sounds interesting, but I'd like to have a little more details.
                  Kent98 was the rider max level with all ATK/HP skills? Did it have the rare gear from the season branch or has someone already crafted epic/legendary gear which would make a huge difference?

Comment

MareZ I am not 100% sure if a fully maxed out rider earns enough skill points to max them all. My rider is only a level 20 and I have only completed 4 skills.

I do, however, remember reading in a post, and I tried looking for it, by PGDave that you shouldn't worry about leveling up all the skills, but you should be careful selecting the path you take to level up your riders skills. I took that has you wont earn enough skill points to level them. Maybe PGDave could either deny or confirm that all dragon riders skills (beta riders, not seasonal rider) can or cannot be fully maxed out.

Comment

You can’t max out all rider skills you have to choose a path I wrote that many times here...

Comment

You can max most of them, but not all. Choose what's important to you all the way to the end. Then back fill on a priority basis until you run out.

Comment

You can max 1 of each column. After that, you will have 15 skill points extra to max out 1 skill. I have a level 50 Grogg so I am sure with the data that I have provided.

Comment

Which dragon should I get?

I'm currently in gold tier dragons (level 94) about to hit platinum. I think I'll be able to get 1 plat dragon by the end of the season.

My strongest dragons are Zam (stuck at gold) and Droyuse. I typically like warriors over any others, but I'm starting to like hunters. Whale and Con are getting strong enough to use currently, but I got necryx while he was on sale and haven't found him to be all that great (currently level 8). Maybe it's the tier and if he hits gold he will be able to compete with my other dragons.

Comment

@Rylar...Personally, I would keep going as far as you can down the Necryx tree. Imho it's better to have a dragon that will last you a long time than several that won't. You can justifiably put runes on that way and upgrade them. I waited for Gargula to get released but was unimpressed and ended up paying full price for Necryx. Just my two cents but it's all up to you and your play style and what will give you the most enjoyment from the game. Good luck!

Comment

Is the elemental barrier what makes Necryx? because the desicrating sand is pretty pointless (the delay in shooting after is killer). Cloak has its uses, of course. Right now Necryx doesnt seem as good as Whale or Cons. If I calculated correctly I should be able to get him and another to plat, which will carry me through the winter season, or I can get him to garnet/emerald which means he is going to be useful for a few tiers and will need another dragon during those tiers.

I still have time to decide, also I think they are coming out with another dragon (mummy?). Maybe it will be a good option. For now I'll get Necryx up to max level before getting another tier and see how I like him at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X