Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Atlas: Upcoming Launch Announcement

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I haven't played ATLAS I will reserve my comments, but write this. When has PG EVER given us anything, without first taking more away? The net sum is always less for the player.Warlord Makes some very interesting points that largely fuel my fears.

Comment

Being a little lazy and not going to read all questions

but is the Atlas part starting to roll out in October or is it rolling out now and expected to be finished with all teams down to platinum by October?

Pixxel PGJared CampusLifer

Comment

• Texreb
        Texreb commented
        Editing a comment
        MareZ so how I read that is Mid October is when the new teams will start getting it but some of my teammates took it as Mid October everyone will have it down to platinum(so with it being a rolling start upper leagues would get it before Mid October)

• Hieronymus
        Hieronymus commented
        Editing a comment
        I read it as the current beta testers will get it in mid-October, then every week it will be released to more teams until everyone down through platinum has it. So the completely new teams won't have it until a week after mid-October. And those of us slumming it down in platinum probably won't get it until November or December depending on the rate of new team addition.
        Last edited by Hieronymus; 2 weeks ago.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hieronymus is on point.

I am somewhat confused as to why the World Map is a bad thing for the game. If it adds something new to the game that still contains the dragons we worked hard to get, then whats the issue. I see a lot of complaints about how it will be a pay-to-win environment only....when has the game ever been a non pay-to-win environment? (except when the game wasn't owned my PG) This Atlas feature I am assuming will be an addition to the normal way to play, and if that is the case, then if you don't want to play it...then don't. I am guessing it will give an advantage to the teams who participate in it a lot, but I doubt it will be a requirement to remain competitive in the game.

This game has a tendency to seem repetitive as literally you are just attacking the same base over and over again for the most part. If this map helps add something to the game...then I don't really understand why people are complaining about that. I mentioned it in a few of my videos, the game is getting old...but I think this may mix it up a little. For those who will say "you're just a noob saying that because you don't really know much about how this could affect the game " I have been playing for almost 2 years now, which I know there are players here who have been here longer than I have, but still, just explaining what I see from this.

Though my one question is how the newer teams will be given the chance to catch up to the veteran teams who have been there for 9+ months now...that is one issue I can see, though it looks like this might be a completely separate feature from the world map.

Comment

• Warlord
        Warlord commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything to be found in the comments. I hate repeating myself.

• YellowMonkey
        YellowMonkey commented
        Editing a comment
        Warlord it seems your describing using world map to find a specific player to raid. I can see how this is time consuming.

Might I suggest doing a team search then finding that player and attacking through core game. Or if it's a bookmark using that.

You don't have to be inside world Map anymore to raid gold. Use the core game raid list or search feature.

Your describing something that is an option(different way to initiate the attack). Yet, you also have the same option to get the same results outside of using the map.

Now, you can't use core game raid list and just pick anyone and raid gold from them. It had to be a player with world map that has gold to raid. However, the core game raid list will have more possible gold targets as more teams are added.
        Last edited by YellowMonkey; 2 weeks ago.

• AttackMasterv2
        AttackMasterv2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got confirmation from Pixxel that is an add to the game and not replacing the game...

All of this is fine and dandy except that this is called "War Dragons". Wars are becoming less and less significant and is not the game i initially fell in love with. Wars mean nothing anymore, its all about the endless and repetitive events and beta. "Atlas Dragons", "Event Dragons" or the more accurate "Give PG your Money Dragons" are much more fitting names to this once great game.

Fine Atlas is coming, and its not all bad. But dont let this distract you from the fact the the core of this game is falling apart. Wars mean little, rewards are garbage, and overall the game is still full of bugs and balance issues. Not to mention the slow progression of the game once you reach sapphire, even to moderate spenders. I just find it a shame that PG is putting some much work into this when there are much bigger issues that need to be addressed IMO.

Comment

• AttackMasterv2
        AttackMasterv2 commented
        Editing a comment
        It has been like this for as long as I have been playing, nearing 2 years, honestly I don't see the game "dying" for now as people are still spending insane amounts even with all the glitches and bugs, some being around for almost 2 years or more. Unfortunately they aren't going to change until they stop making money...which I doubt will happen any time soon.

• Warlord
        Warlord commented
        Editing a comment
        I think no one will disagree with this Mike.

• Indi123
        Indi123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree Mike. Well said.

Soooo... It looks like boats is going live. Oh yippee... Someone shot me now! The sheer stubbornness of PG to go forward with this is absolutely amazing.

Anyone here that flushing sound??

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Ordered my eye patch, hook and wooden leg yesterday. I feel so ready, arrrr! ...NOT.
        Last edited by MareZ; 2 weeks ago.

So is Atlas the rollout of the Beta? Do i get to keep all my things? How will that work?

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and yes.
        To be precise, Atlas is not the final version but more of an expansion of the beta. You also will get to keep all your stuff.

How will teamless players interact with the game and the rest of us once this thing goes live?

Comment

• Psa
        Psa commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point. Was wondering what happens with that. PGDave

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL Psa PG's just gone.... Oh Shit! We forgot about them, quick add some independent player code into the World Map! :-D

Whats the difference between atlas and beta, besides the graphics. Anything?
      _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• PGDave
        PGDave commented
        Editing a comment
        MareZ is right. The graphics are the focus of Atlas. The mechanics are unchanged. Atlas launches to just our beta group next week!

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Basically we didn't like boats so they made them into knights lol. Same stuff, different packaging.

• Owlrager
        Owlrager commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding

I would like to hear from PG whether they intend to have Atlas affect league standings like they've started doing with PVP, effectively forcing teams to interact with it or lose standing and therefore daily payouts.

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Uhoh, that's a very dangerous idea you're giving them here.
        I bet the soon to come 1000+ teams won't be so happy once they are pushed to the safe zones lol
    Working...
    X