Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Atlas: Upcoming Launch Announcement

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like fun. I'll be there for the party.
    www.amoebastudios.com/dragon - Making players' life easier, one fragment at a time.

Comment

• Panda
      Panda commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha Amo you troll 😂

In addition to True1's questions, I do have something else that I'd like to know and better prepare for it.

the event team ranking points addition to game, is it contained within Atlas?

We didnt need energy packs for wars, will we be forced into spending energy points to keep our teams up?

If so, are there any adjustments to the energy cost?

im only asking is because in my team there are no spending policies. They can play in any style they like. However, if current energy price is carried into the event team ranking points transfer, we may have to seriously think about it.

This concerns how the teams will be at the top of the leagues, please do clarify when you can, appreciate your time!

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment
      Just pinging Pixxel for you, good questions - Pixxel

• Forrestt
      Forrestt commented
      Editing a comment
      From the looks of it I highly doubt it will make a large difference. Even if it did; wars are still viable so it would be easy to bounce right back.
      If it does become a huge deal; it would be simpler to go to a league you can do well in and let your players grow before attempting higher instead of making people pay in the game.

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you @ITIL!

We'll be releasing further content about Atlas so we can start getting more and more Qs answered.

In addition to True1's questions, I do have something else that I'd like to know and better prepare for it.

the event team ranking points addition to game, is it contained within Atlas?

We didnt need energy packs for wars, will we be forced into spending energy points to keep our teams up?

If so, are there any adjustments to the energy cost?

im only asking is because in my team there are no spending policies. They can play in any style they like. However, if current energy price is carried into the event team ranking points transfer, we may have to seriously think about it.

This concerns how the teams will be at the top of the leagues, please do clarify when you can, appreciate your time!

Comment

I'm confused. Is this the same or something totally different than World Map?

Comment

EggToken Pixxel Echo PGJared Warlord Panda Indi123

Hopefully that's enough people tagged to at least get this discussed by PG and those in Beta.

Will you be organising those currently in beta in a way that they can be mentors and help the rest of us to understand how the new area works?
      Or will it just be opened up to us so that the current beta teams have new land to take over without us even knowing what to do, let alone what hits us.

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey MareZ I get the likelihood of what will happen. Those with current access of course they want to keep their land. But if we the newbies don't get some sort of initial assistance we will all walk away... It's not fair, it's too hard, etc. etc. you know the sort of comments which will come as soon as any new team is beaten to a pulp by an existing team. Heck we see complaints from incomplete teams who can't win wars now, well it will be the same thing in the beta. Difference is, depending on how it's managed the release to the wider audience could be what kills the game rather than all the beta testers combined saying the game will suck.

Depending on strategy, a new team could become helpful couldn't it.... big team comes along and says hey can I park on your land, I'll protect you while you grow and I'll help you learn the game, it will A) Give training to new team B) Expand accessible land to big team. Yes I understand they could just beat small team to a pulp.

On the other side of the coin, if the right people were chosen as beta testers in the first place they should also have an understanding that part of their role should be to help others learn how to play.

Again most of what I am suggesting should have been thought through by PG in the first place and I am interested to see how they plan to introduce us without risk of alienating us all on the first day.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        SilentOne Good points, I really hope it works out. The problem is that the map is sort of a hill. The farther you are to the center, the higher are all the rewards, loot etc.
        The only thing new land in new outer (low level) regions could offer is more diversity in biomes to drop certain craft materials. My team for example owns quite a few regions but those only cover 4/5 elements.
        On the other hand I wonder what happens if so many teams are packed in the safe zones that they could become a huge force due to the sheer mass of ships each player builds. If they can't enter the map by having higher levels, they could eventually outnumber established teams and stir things up a bit.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        lol MareZ sounds like a pyramid scheme! :-D Wealthiest at the top in the middle.

What if the expansion has a handful of 'rich zones' as you've said shear numbers working together could gain or protect those new rich zones, so it would then be in the best interest of other teams to negotiate their way into the lands.

All hypothetical and speculative at this point until the game is opened up to the rest of us, but in theory it could lend itself to some very interesting scenarios.

Is there some advantage those in beta will have other than knowing what to do?
      https://www.topguntg.com/

Comment

• Mrtheplague
        Mrtheplague commented
        Editing a comment
        SilentOne but they actually paid for this stuff didnt they? Its mixed in with their actual accounts? Instead of pg having seperate accounts like a normal company would and just hand out fictitious rubies for testing.

If thats the case, then that makes complete sense.

• Spooky
        Spooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct. We were not given test accounts. We use our actual accounts and PG said we were free to spend or not spend our resources in the beta (rubies, clocks, heal pots, etc) as we saw fit, and they've assured us repeatedly that there will be no reset for those that did.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, since PG offered the beta to those who they knew couldn't help themselves and would spend there is no reason why they should lose what they have when the beta is opened to all.
        But that wasn't your original question. You simply asked what advantages will they have.
        Those advantages could be:
        Lots of land/water/territory compared to us having none.
        Lots of boats compared to us having none.
        Multiple and stronger riders in comparison to us having no currency to upgrade ours.
        Lots of currency to build with compared to us having none.

*Above comments are completely hypothetical since I don't know enough about what's in the beta to give actual suggestions.

Pixxel A bit of a weird question but how does PG define expansion? From some earlier posts, it seemed like the current game would remain as-is with some crossover like dragon riders. Will it still be a separate piece accessed like how the current beta is?
      [ITIL isn't my IGN]
      XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

Honestly I don't think the beta, at least what I played, is even close to being ready for wide spread distribution. As far as mentoring the problem with the beta is you have to learn by doing. And doing things wrong can be EXTREMELY costly. But, I guess we will see how it goes haha

Comment

if it's another way for ppl to Not get into the game im gonna be tempted to delete the game myself. it's beyond ridiculous

Comment

What is stunning about this announcement is the sheer bizarre content. There is no explanation of how the game environment you describe will use the current game components, such as our dragons, teams, etc...nor how this visual image you provide relates to what we have heard about World Map. This is a big glorified ad that obscures rather than reveals whatever you have planned. Perhaps people who have played the beta know what it all means but all this does is infuriate those of us who have managed to find out in dribs and drabs the incomprehensible mess you have come up,with. It is clearly a completely new game with no relation whatever to War Dragons whose content I played and invested in. It is as if a company is being run by a bunch of tipsy toddlers. Can you even remotely see how badly you are presenting this? Even if I were slightly interested in the game I have played for two years being transformed into something completely different, I would expect it to be explained in an organized and reasonable way. Instead, we first heard hints from Beta players of a boat game which sounds awful. Then CL recently issued a long explanation that PG does not wish to destroy the game and will be carefully testing it, giving the impression implementation is months away. Now this ridiculous, vague and content free visual ad is thrown at us saying it will be rolled out in a month. No boats, vague references to dragons and poachers. Oh wait, I forgot. You also randomly told us and implemented fully for some, partially for others, dragon riders. One can only assume the dragon riders will be sitting in boats escaping poachers while paying taxes. Is there anyone at PG who has a clue? Seriously. That is something someone needs to consider, the utter chaos you are throwing on your players. All I want is my money and time back. I know this game will not be anything like the game I am playing. My time spent in carefully building a team I love, and dragons and my base...that was all wasted. Are you AWARE that out there in the leagues and teams, nearly no one has any clue you are totally changing the game? When I mention it, people are horrified and confused. Way to roll out a new game and take away the one we have been playing.
            Last edited by Brigitte25; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• MrJonesy
              MrJonesy commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I didn't read your wall of text.

However, you should read YellowMonkey's reply to SilentOnes post, right below this. Thanks.

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              If Atlas means you will quit the games and stop visiting the forums with your utter unfounded bullshit, it is the best thing ever.

Discovered the other day that one of the players on our team has an alt on one of the beta teams, when asked about it they actually indicated they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing in the beta. So it's a bit of a concern who has been testing the beta on some levels and how much information can/will be given to us when we do gain access to it.

Comment

• MrJonesy
              MrJonesy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much YellowMonkey. Your comments definitely are an exact opposite point of view from the "omg it's the end of the world" naysayers......that aren't even in beta.
              I'm waiting to pass any judgement until it actually goes live and I can see for myself what it is about. Also, in your opinion, can you just ignore World Map and pretend that it doesn't exist? Will that have any major affects on how the game is currently played, outside of beta? Thanks!

• odie1993
              odie1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              YellowMonkey thanks for explaining a new game that has nothing to do with war dragons. I played a game, Valor, like that for years. I quit playing it because it became so time consuming I had no life outside the game. This sounds like a useless piece of turd to me. I will go into it with extreme negativity and hate.

• Mrtheplague
              Mrtheplague commented
              Editing a comment
              YellowMonkey Great discription, but does the beta have anything to do with the original content?Is there any crossover with the core game? Are we flying dragons?
              Edit: Coherent sentence structure
              Last edited by Mrtheplague; 2 weeks ago.

This looks like a possible repeat decent to another game that I used to loved and that got destroyed by 'innovation' : Dungeon Hunter 4

Dungeon Hunter 4 was AWESOME. Everything about the game was awesome. The journey the graphics, the tasks, completing tasks with total strangers and friends. Then they decided to 'expand' the game to something even 'bigger and better' was the term they used.

They changed the game so much that an update wasn't going to do so they released a new game instead: Dungeon Hunter 5. It was a DISASTER.

They changed the game so much that most of the players DH4 hated it and eventually went back playing the older version. But since they had stopped the development of the hugely popular v.4 eventually players stopped playing that too seeing as there were no longer new missions and content.

A great story of a once hugely popular and great game that got destroyed by bad decisions by changing everything that made the game so popular to begin with. By completely not understanding their player base and why people even played and liked their game.

introducing Dragon Riders already is a huge change. Personally I want to play War Dragons, not Dragon Riders. Now this world map. I really feel a repeat of DH5 fiasco. One can only hope that they invest a lot more in marketing to appeal to a new market with this 'new game' to appeal to new players to make up for the loss of the old player base...

Comment

Pixxel Good M☀️rning, I have a few questions.

1. Will there be different maps based on league level? Or will everyone from Diamond to Platinum be on the same Map?

2. If we are all on the same Map, is it getting reset to let everyone have a fair chance. As the map is already being held by high teams with alliances?

3. If the Map is divided by leagues and we move up how does that work? Do we get to keep our ships and resources etc?

4. Are you sending out directions and or guides for the teams that have never played to understand how it works and have a fighting chance against the teams that have played?

5. Are we all going to get our own invader base now?

Thank you🤗MAK
              Last edited by LadyMakenna; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Spooky
                Spooky commented
                Editing a comment
                They've already answered a number of these questions to those of us already in beta, so I can help here.

1. No. Their vision is one massive map with all teams on it, but each team having a fighting chance to call some part of the map "theirs".

2. No. They've promised repeatedly that they will not reset the existing beta teams, many of which have expended substantial rubies and timers in beta for things that only matter in beta. They say they are aware of the need to also make it fair to new map entrants, though I have yet to see any specifics on how they intend to do this.

3. See #1--map will not be divided. The way it works now is, if you leave a beta team and join a non-beta team, you lose access when they update the World Map rosters (at least twice a week). I assume something similar would happen here if you left your team and joined a new bronze team or something.

4. They do have in-game tutorials, but a lot is just hands on learning. Also. I'm sure many of us in beta now would be willing to help answer questions and such.

5. Yes. All beta teams have invader, customized to each member's level.

• LadyMakenna
                LadyMakenna commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you I used to be in a beta team but it's been about a year. Also Thank you🤗 for answering!!

How we sign up beta?

Comment

• SilentOne
                SilentOne commented
                Editing a comment
                You can't unless your team is already there.

What players said

Before the announcement:
              When is the beta getting released
              It has taken a year for this beta
              Unfair that beta people get the new content first

After announcement:
              This is going to make me quit
              This will destroy the game
              This is being released to soon
              I don't want to play ships in my dragon game

Just a few of the ones out there, funny how negative people are(some are the same players on both sides contradicting themselves)
              Last edited by Texreb; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• XxTrue1xX
                XxTrue1xX commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel as if this is very one-sided and not the entire truth. Yes, the players were upset that certain teams had the beta while they didn't and had to watch them reap the benefits from this "beta". Who wouldn't want to be in the beta when you get more rss and can progress through this game faster? I definitely want the beta again but i hate the beta as it adds nothing to the game. The only reason that people are playing/wanting the beta is because the progression in this game stops at a certain point and these individuals will do anything(including play this beta) so they can progress through this game.

You seem to be calling out the playerbase as hypocrites but i think you are failing to see the reasoning behind it. We all want to play this game and have the highest tiers, and that factor is what clouds our judgement when we say "we all want to be in this beta". We all learn from our mistakes, and our major mistake was pushing the beta forward when we didn't even know what it entailed. Now that we do, i think the majority of the players can make a better judgement on where the beta should be(the trash).
            Working...
            X