Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Atlas: Upcoming Launch Announcement

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas: Upcoming Launch Announcement

War Dragons Atlas Expansion

Dragon Lords,

There are those who have been waging endless battles across the high seas. You have ruthlessly conquered territory and expelled Dragon Poachers from the waters. You have built up massive fleets and formed alliances with fellow teams. And some have been backstabbed.

For many more, this world and its legendary map were out of reach, but each day you marched closer. You have clamored to make your mark on these lands, and we have heard you.

Today, we look ahead together at Atlas — a world to explore and conquer, unlike any ever seen before.

ATLAS OVERVIEW

Atlas expands on what we all love about War Dragons — our dragons, our teams, and setting everything aflame. 
    Atlas brings that world to life.

The Atlas map is a massive 3D land for you and your team to explore. Work together to build dragon-led forces and construct strategic defences to hold your ground. Lend your troops to another teammate in need and coordinate to dominate your realm.

CONFLICT ARISES

Take down enemy Dragon Poachers to rid this evil from from your land. But be wary — their bounty is lucrative and you may find another team has set off to dispatch them. Build stronger defenses, breed more powerful dragons, and craft unique gear for a Dragon Rider with their loot.

Will you engage in conflict, find another approach, or cede the treasure to enemy hands? These choices will be yours to make as you forge your path and story within Atlas.

A LIVING WORLD

The most dangerous thing one can do in Atlas is to become complacent. As the seasons shift, so too will your friends and enemies; trust is important but beware the friend who becomes your enemy. Respond to maintain your power, or another team may spot an opening and seize their moment for control.

ATLAS AWAITS

We are excited to announce that Atlas will be ready to explore and conquer starting in mid-October.

This will be a rolling-release, beginning with the current Beta testers, then expanding each week until we accommodate all Platinum teams.

To celebrate, we are also hosting an Atlas Launch Party for Dragon Lords to come together with our team in the San Francisco Bay Area on October 27th.
    Please fill out this form to indicate your interest in attending as space at the venue is limited.
    (All attendees must be 21+.)

We realize that not all will be able to make the journey, but we want to celebrate with you, too!

All US-based Dragon Lords are invited to participate in our “Share Your World - Atlas Launch Contest.” One winner and their guest will be flown to San Francisco for a two-night stay. Meet and mingle with our team and attend our this memorable event! Click here for details on how to enter. Entries close September 22 so don’t delay getting your submission in!

Outside of the US? Stay connected with us on FacebookTwitterTwitch, and YouTube for updates on how you can participate in the fun. We strive to make this event as inclusive as possible — each of you has helped create this.

So is this world map beta or new lands without ships?

Comment

Wait...the beta is actually be released game wide? What a trainwreck haha

Comment

• Naiad
        Naiad commented
        Editing a comment
        If game wide includes only Platinum teams and above, sure.

• Brigitte25
        Brigitte25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you expecting something a normal business would do?
        Lay out the plan at least a year ahead of time, openly to the whole population. Explain exactly what the changes will be. Explain how It will affect players. Apologize to players who love the game as it is and don't want this complete morphing to a new game when we have spent years and dollars building up this one. Offer compensation for people who,feel,cheated and will leave.at least a partial refund.
        Explain exactly what will change and why. Offer for people to observe the beta before the game is shoved down their throats. I realist this is just a game, but we spent real time and real money and real effort, and made connections and now it is all going to be gone with no explanation at all. This is,the most poorly run business I have ever encountered, absolutely. Now I must tell my team who is excited about moving up, growing their dragons, etc...the truth. I can't keep,it from them any longer. I refer them here. ONE team member hearing a hint from me looked at your web page and her words to me were that she was depressed and upset. It looks like a headache.

• Warlord
        Warlord commented
        Editing a comment
        Panda exactly what I thought 🤣🤣🤣. But are we surprised? 🤷🏻*♂️

Pixxel What about the teams above platinum that aren't in Beta?

Comment

• Pixxel
        Pixxel commented
        Editing a comment
        The rolling release will cover all teams through Platinum.

Pixxel How long will this "rolling realease" take? when will the first "not beta" teams be added? will the new teams be added according to their league or will it be random?

Comment

• Pixxel
        Pixxel commented
        Editing a comment
        1) To be determined along the way to ensure stability. For those of us that play other MMOs, we've all experienced the Day 1 server meltdowns, so we'd like to avoid that so everyone has the best experience possible.

2) The plan is include new teams each week.

3) Likely league based.

Hope that helps!

• Zorn
        Zorn commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, this helps! thanks

• DragonDB
        DragonDB commented
        Editing a comment
        Pixxel Does this mean you will add a entire league each week or a sub-league each week?

I and my family will be gone if we are forced into,this disaster. This looks horrible. What a mess. It is incomprehensible and I have an MS. It looks ten times worse than I imagined and your throw this at us with a months notice. The last we heard it was still a work in progress and that was Campus Lifer. You people live in never never land. Mark me OUT. We are 45 minutes from the Mills Bldg but any way I can not support this disaster...whose brain came up,with this mess? I assume it is copying another game which is making more money than you are. Well we just started spending after CL's post making it sound like the World Map was way down the road,now this? What is it? Is this world map? Or yet another product of bored brains?
      Last edited by Brigitte25; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixxel View Post
        1) To be determined along the way to ensure stability. For those of us that play other MMOs, we've all experienced the Day 1 server meltdowns, so we'd like to avoid that so everyone has the best experience possible.

2) The plan is include new teams each week.

3) Likely league based.

Hope that helps!
        Everyone had told all of you we don't want this change. But you don't care. Any warning before we spent this month on something we will be quitting would have been helpful. We worked for a year building a team we will have to tear apart. The misinformation between this...I came to see the fall dragons and get hit with this, and CL saying the world map was a long way from being implemented. Hey I live in the US. We have a leader who lies several times a day. But this is supposed to ne escape and fun. You people are really messing up. I have worked for corporations so I get what you are doing. May it fail.

Comment

EggTokenPGJared Pixxel Echo Hi I'm new to the forums and I'm tryin to make a post on the main page but don't see how I can only reply to threads can anyone explain to me how to as I don't see any buttons and I've checked everywhere please help
          Last edited by MetalKiller; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            You can only post in subforums excluding the Town Hall which is for admin announcements only.

I'm willing to give it a try, see if it is any good. Why not? If it sucks, it sucks. If it doesn't suck, then great, right? It either makes the game that much better, or you can ignore it and keep on playing the game as you have been playing it.

And for the doomsayers, if you don't want it, easy, drop to gold league and quit bitching about it. And I'm really sick of hearing how much you supposedly spent this month, last month, the month before, on the game. Seriously. See below.

From what I have gathered from the myriad of posts on the forums, unknown how many of them are ACTUALLY in the beta, it seems like you can choose to play it, or not. It doesn't affect regular game play.

I personally think the developers are trying to give us more to play. Look at all of the effort put into the fall stuff. I'm quite happy with the direction the game is going, for now.
          Last edited by MrJonesy; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• MrJonesy
            MrJonesy commented
            Editing a comment
            And Brigitte, go read YellowMonkey's posts regarding it. It sounds pretty damn awesome. And it also sounds like it DOES NOT AFFECT normal war dragons playing.......
            Last edited by MrJonesy; 2 weeks ago.

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said @MrJonesy

Brigitte, just suck it up and actually read and experience something before you start bitching. You barely read what people post on the forums, and I can say with about 99% certainty that you have no idea what Beta actually is or what is in it. You are complaining because others complain, and simply because you like complaining. Research, read, talk to people in Beta and make a decision based on logic. God, I feel so bad for your teammates who have to listen to your unfounded rants and bitching when you know absolutely nothing about it.

To those who are in beta and don't want this release, I get it. From what I know of beta, this is different. Let's see what it is before we fly off the handle.

• MrJonesy
            MrJonesy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Red, I'm looking forward to something new, besides the same tired events, over and over. Granted, it may suck, it may be great. It might even be a huge time sink. Honestly, I don't care at this point. I want to see it and play it and experience it with my own eyes before passing judgement. The vast majority of the posts regarding it are negative, but then again, it's impossible to tell who has actually seen it and played it, even in its current form.

I HAVE A TON OF QUESTIONS! Oh where do i begin?

1. Is this replacing the beta? If not, will it be another beta altogether?
          2. What are the similarities and differences? Are we talking the same layout but dirt instead of water here, or will this be something totally different than what the beta is?
          3. Sailing times? Will there be travel times that we have to endure or will this be working differently than to the beta?
          4. Currencies? I see gold is still being used so what are we spending it on if there are no ships? If the beta and Atlas are two separate things will the gold be able to cross platforms to be mined in one game and spent in the other?
          5. When a team in platinum drops to gold will they still have the beta or will they lose it? How will this affect their ships if an entire team loses beta but gains it back the following week?
          6. Will this allow us faster progression in the game, or is this an excuse to increase the prices of everything?
          7. I absolutely love the design of the textbox in the overview picture, will this be implemented in the regular game as well or just Atlas?
          8. Will this design change also change some of the designs in the regular game(matchmaking, home bases, wars, events)??? asking this as this new addition looks to be very thought out and well designed so i feel as though some of the design will leak into the regular gameplay, idk if this would be good or bad - i think we could use some new visuals!
          9. I am seeing lines as if these areas of lands are separated into sections. Will this mean there will basically be a more tangible Conquer The World event, or will these areas of land ever reset?
          10. Following question #9 - Why will this improve the game? What's the point of adding it? Could it not be a separate game altogether if it really has nothing to do with War Dragons and more to do with any other territory/war game?

Pixxel @PocketGemsPeapole

Comment

Pixxel Does this mean current Beta participants will start from the beginning or the bases and structure moved over.

Comment

• Jess
              Jess commented
              Editing a comment
              Psa and SuperSax if the beta had been run correctly as a beta and just used its own currency a currency that you could only get from participation in the various elements of the beta then a reset would have been easy.

PG being PG did not do that. Right from the start Rubies were a currency in the beta & now clocks as well. They also built in a slow clunky game play, to my mind they did so on purpose. Admin on the other side have admitted they have built the beta with the mind of earning money right from the start. Apparently it is easier. PG is a company, they need to earn money. It might have been better if they had stuck to what players enjoy first, get a winner then implement the cash haul. But that is not what they have done.

If they reset the game back to the start for the beta participants then they will have to compensate those players. I didn't spend much in the beta, I'm hard pressed trying to stay afloat in the main game without doing that. However many did.

• SuperSax
              SuperSax commented
              Editing a comment
              Jess thank you for that Point of view... I guess there is no right or wrong since your point is valid. What ANY Software-Company should have done is giving those testers the ressources they Need TO TEST! Yet it didn´t happen and I keep my point of view: no one ever forced people in BETA to use any of those "real game ressources" and everybody in there knew it was called B E T A for a reason. Of course those who are at the brink of "losing" something now defend their position... but if you break it down to this: I think around 50 Teams (which means 2.500 People) participated in BETA roughly... now it is opend to 10 times the amount of people. And I am sorry but there is no rational argument changing my mind that NOT resetting those who played it over a year now is an unfair advantage!

In the end War Dragons is nothing of a mere reflection of our society: the system is built that the rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer. A very small percentage of the HAVES determine the fate of the majority of HAVENOTS.

• Jess
              Jess commented
              Editing a comment
              SuperSax I think you will find that those in the beta were told that their progress in the beta would not be reset if it went live fairly early on, this advice was given on more than one occasion. . So some/many of the participants then spent.

I get your point however if PG go back on their word and beta participants are reset then they are owed compensation.

Aaaaaaaaand I quit.

Comment

• xXCandyXx
              xXCandyXx commented
              Editing a comment
              Lmao 😂

Originally posted by SuavGlav View Post
            Aaaaaaaaand I quit.
            Bye-bye

Comment

Can't wait, hope its awesome.. !!

Comment

• Warlord
                Warlord commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol 😆

First, let me say I have no experience with the beta, so I have no real frame of reference to how this "expansion" will play out. The following are just the opinions and musings of an average player...

I will say that I am probably in the minority of players who actually LIKED the boats event. Sure, it was full of frustrations and poorly planned game play, but, for me, it had potential. I thought it was different. I thought it was fun. I liked that it wasn't the same old thing like the PvP events now are. I thought that for once, it really was a true TEAM event, with players working to help each other attack, coming to the defense of others under siege, and working to coordinate strategies. I would have liked to have seen them work on it and improve it as an OCCASIONAL EVENT. I'm not sure I like it as part of the game.

However, we haven't seen it yet, so I can't really pass judgement. Unlike True1 above, I only really have one question...

Is performance in the "Atlas Expansion" linked to a team's rating in the regular game (the one we all downloaded and actually WANT to play)?

If they are separate entities, then I don't really have much of a problem with it, but if we are being FORCED to play in this expansion world in order to maintain our status in the existing world, then I see trouble.

I see participation in Atlas as something which could become a MAJOR time suck. It seems to me that constant attention and maintenance will have to be paid to that world in order to survive and grow. Most of the folks on my team, at least, are real people with real lives outside of this little dragon fantasy land you've created, if we how have to commit even MORE time to this new aspect of the game, which aspect of our lives are we expected to sacrifice?

If this new expansion has no impact upon our core game league status, then we can decide, as a team, how much time, effort, and money we want to invest in this diversion, or we could simply choose to opt out and not play it at all. But if poor performance there impacts our core game status, then you have essentially and effectively changed the entirety of the game. I'm sure it's not illegal, but it is certainly unethical.

If this is a separate entity, then I say fine, go ahead and give it a shot. If we like it, we'll play, and if we don't, we don't have to. But if performance is linked to the core game, then I cry "foul!"

Just my 2¢...

Comment

• PogTheWarrior
                PogTheWarrior commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, it's the team disharmony that worries me. My team is made up of real people with real lives. We're not hard-core gamers who play for hours on end every night. We are adults with jobs, families, and lives outside of this pastime. We have had some serious gamers on our team from time to time, and it has always produced tension because they didn't feel other players were "pulling their weight" by not devoting what was, in their minds, "sufficient time and effort" to the game.

If this expansion REQUIRES players to devote even more time, effort, and money just to stay even, then I feel it will be the demise of the social player.
                Last edited by PogTheWarrior; 2 weeks ago.

• CaptainC
                CaptainC commented
                Editing a comment
                That's it Pog you're out of here! 👉🏻

They don't want players with real lives. Only players with lots of disposable 💰.

• m'Lady
                m'Lady commented
                Editing a comment
                Like beta quite a bit. I enjoyed the opportunity to do NEW things, besides flying in the same small circuit of islands over and over. The option to seek merchants, gain core game RSS and currencies, all good. Yet, I'm COMPLETELY in your camp PogTheWarrior . If it's not optional to maintaining core game status, it is a TIME SUCKER to the max. I agree, WITH your $.02 !
                Last edited by m'Lady; 2 weeks ago.
            Working...
            X