Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Introducing: Dragon Riders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just the constant money grab that makes me sick when I compare the game now to 18 months ago.

These 'dragon riders' are nothing that actually makes the gameplay more interesting, they are simply runes by a different name, with the perfect disguise to introduce more currencies which we all know is already excessive.

I'd gift my account to someone but I feel like I'd be doing them a bad turn...

Comment

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

+1

This whole thing has me ready to pull my hair out.

No matter what they say Beta players are already equipping dragon riders. Even if they are slow to level that's a head start and an unfair advantage.

Even when we do get access to them next season they will be part of the seasons prize line. That's more crap we have to spend sigals on which means if you want those shiny new dragons you better be willing to spend money or pick which one you want more. At the current rate in which sigals are earned for "free" there's no way we will be earning enough just from playing.

This is game has gone crazy and no matter what any PG employees are saying there is no way that any new features are designed with any thought except getting more people to spend money.
    What, me worry?

Comment

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      What 'shiny new dragons'? We're less than a week away from the next season and they haven't been revealed yet.

Hi CaptainC. I think I addressed your point earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, it's an over-constrained problem and we have to choose one bad suboptimal option among many.

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      You could choose for all players to get them at the same time.. no excuse for that..unfair for some to start being able to use them and others not to.. you could say they are in beta and giving us feed back, but only about 15% of the players in beta actually give feed back
      Last edited by Texreb; 09-01-2017, 08:40 AM.

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      Texreb raises an interesting point: why *couldn't* riders be introduced to beta at the same time the rider on next season's branch? I think a lot of the annoyance is rooted in the fact that beta testers are receiving early access to features that they can use to interact with non-beta testers in-game *right now*.

I have gleaned enough from responses by beta testers to understand they don't just immediately have all the shiny things for free and that it's actually quite a grind (just like everything else in beta, so I still don't want it), but the fact remains that some beta testers *have* already unlocked/equipped riders and are able to use them to give them a significant advantage in interactions *outside* the beta.

Regardless of the disparity in variety and resource requirements, riders should have been released for everyone at the same time. The release offset was a horrible decision and no explanation of 'reward payouts' is going to absolve PG of this egregious oversight.

Hi Texreb. I feel like I addressed that in my prior post.. no?

Comment

CampusLifer if I understand, you are essentially saying that there is no fair way to do this, so this is the least unfair way.

If that's the case, then perhaps the answer simply is, don't do it at all, or don't do it until you can make it fair.

The best bad solution is STILL a bad solution.

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Kind of my same thought..

Originally posted by CampusLifer View Post
    Hi MareZ

For the longest time, we tried to avoid meaningfully different reward payouts in the worldmap than players who don't have the beta. We've reached the point where the biggest remaining piece of feedback of the beta is "there's no incentive to do any of this worldmap stuff". we've tried to address everything else we could fix before working on "incentives and rewards". but now basically every other meaningfully active feedback thread on the beta forum is around not getting any reward for worldmap activities. I know most people here don't have access to the beta forums so I won't post links.

We've at the point where building reward activities & systems in the worldmap is one of the top things we need to build. Building a proper reward system is hard and will need a few iterations to get right --- it's a big chance we don't get it right on the first (or third) try and might need to rip things out or change it drastically. We need to do it in a beta form --- we can't do that kind of iteration once it's live for everyone. (see: extreme outrage the community has when we tweak a dragon or spell --- the types of changes we probably will need to make are 100x bigger than these tweaks).

I know it sucks that people in the beta program are getting different rewards than people outside the beta. It's an over-constrained problem without a perfect solution. Some unfair-ness that beta players are getting an early leg up on rewards is bad --- but it's less bad than broadly releasing an unfinished worldmap & worldmap reward system and making major changes to features across the entire playerbase (who didn't sign up for beta-style whiplash).
    Just posting this mainly for those who asked and don't want to go back and look for it.

However CampusLifer while I understand your reasoning that doesn't mean I (or I suspect the majority of players not in the beta) agree with it.

They not not only get access to more riders, they also get access sooner and they don't have to spend their hard to get season sigals to do it. And since they are still also playing the same regular game as the rest of us they also get access to what we do on top of that if they choose. Any way you look at this it gives them a huge unfair advantage in this area.

Im sorry but there's really no words that make this right.
    What, me worry?

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Captain C

Someone else said this I believe, but for me the issue is that before this I was able to pretend that Beta didn't exist and not let it bother me too much. I knew about it and when I was reminded of it I got ticked off that I was being excluded and that it was taking so long, but for the most part the Beta world didn't overlap with my world so I was able to ignore it. Now PG has introduced something where they basically came out and announced to the entire player base that there will soon be new dragon boosts available for crafting but that half of them (or more) are only available to this select group (Beta). Imagine how much fun it was to be on Diamond II league chat yesterday watching people talk about how excited they are to get their first dragon riders when I don't have that access. :|
    If this is truly the only choice open to you then a little secrecy is a good thing. If you're going to keep us from having it for months and months then keep all the goodies that we're missing a secret and don't mix Beta with regular game stuff like this so we don't get their rewards rubbed in our faces.

Comment

• CaptainC
      CaptainC commented
      Editing a comment
      They didn't intended to introduce or announce it this soon I believe. It was hidden in the code already and a glitch made it visable to a few players who asked about it here. Once the cat was out of the bag they decided on the honorable course and went ahead and announced it to all.

I suspect that had that not happened they would have kept it a beta only feature to test it out more and the beta teams would have had an even bigger head start.

I've been in many beta's on Xbox, phone games, PlayStation, etc.

I love how they tell beta testers that it is just to test the new feature and 90% of the beta will be reset once it is out for all players.
    Side note : what ever was in beta couldn't be used in the regular game sept for the 10%

For pg this would be like allowing these players to test the world map and the only things that could be transferred to the regular game would be xp and items like food packs, wood packs, egg tokens, chest, etc. and once they were incorporating it into the main game every thing that wasn't transferred into the main game was erased and everyone starts with a clean slate.
    This gave beta testers a head start on strategy and the 10% content that transferred
    ( note: the 10% content that was able to be transferred into the regular game was on an increased amount to give players in entice to play the beta)

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      So for the dragon rider it wouldn't be released into the main game but only into the beta(only being able to use it in beta).. and when the beta was released to all everyone would start at square 1

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      On another Note

In the stream if I heard Echo & Pixxel right , there is big news about world map coming this weekend..

If it is allowing more teams in the beta,I would push my team to try and enter..being in D2 with a disadvantage is a little annoying
      Last edited by Texreb; 09-01-2017, 12:15 PM.

• JennyD
      JennyD commented
      Editing a comment
      This makes more sense to me.

Stop defending the beta gameplay and give us the access to be able to collect the shards by attacking. Simple is that... everyone in this forum including beta players understand this is an unfair situation and still PG is defending it. How much more complains does PG needs to have for this to be corrected and fair? There is no logical explanation to what has been done and giving the advantage to beta players to be able to lvl riders without sigils. Sigils are very important in this game and we should not be forced to use it to get riders where on the other side players are getting it free... either let us have it the same way they having it or let them have it the same way we are having it.. we play on the same grounds on events and wars don't make this game unfair. It's the same damn game! We are not kids or bunch of stupid people. There's is already enough unfairness in this game as it is with beta taking this long to go public and the salvage shop. I don't mind spending money in this game and I do spend more than enough for my budget. But when things like this happen I really don't want to do that anymore because I have to spend money to make up the sigil difference between seasonal dragons and riders where beta player should only have to spend money if they'd want to on dragons... if u want people to spend money treat every player in this game equal. Don't lean towards a 5% crowd and ignore the other 95%. I will not spend one more penny until this stupid unfair situation is fixed...

Comment

• Successus
      Successus commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya but lol beta not free I go through 3X the heal potions,boosts to pretty much have to play 2 games at one time 😥😥

Looooooool that's super funny.

There are 3 types of beta testers:

1. Beta testers who test on a contractual basis for $$. Not us.

2. Beta testers who test new features and report bugs by using them. Full access no payments either way. Those features will be introduced into the game and are taken away from the testers with maybe a little advantage for their effort (10% Ingame stuff). Not us.

3. PGs way of being a beta tester. They test all sorts of monetary components and due to the fact that the biggest spending teams are in beta (coincidence 😱😱😱😱🙄) besides some noobs for the quota beta users spent THOUSANDS of $$ for beta non game related content.

Now you guys would vote for that we all start from the scratch when this will be available to everyone?

How should this happen? A Lv 260 beta tester who used all his speed ups and clocks for beta content should get robbed? Lol??? If he would have used that stuff over the year of testing he would have been Lv 330.

So sure, take us all invested money away but then credit every spent clock and ruby back. I'm ok with that.

And pleeeeease don't come with the argument that we wouldn't have to use consumables in beta at all. Continent upgrades take 192 !!!! days per building PER continent owned in the higher levels. So how test it when it's building for over half a year? Beta makes you spend. No spending no testing. And those who don't spend in a team are the minority. Everyone uses something. Even if it were rubies from events or clocks.

In contrast to us you can use them to make your base better or hatching more dragons. So arguments here are all invalid. No deeper knowledge just ranting bc you want things too for free. But we don't get anything in this beta for free... duh.

Speaking of fairness. And you guys complain about a fucking rider? Really???? If you need a $800 rider to beat a base I suggest that you learn to fly bc these riders won't be game changers.

BTW. The beta rider buff works only, guess what, IN BETA! When Betas hit non betas the rider is just a visual add on. I posted this in beta forums earlier.
    Last edited by Warlord; 09-01-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Warlord I have been on 2 different beta testing teams.. currently not on a beta team..
      every time I got the beta back I had to restart from scratch
      I'm truthfully not looking forward to the world map.. I think it is trash
      Only reason I would want in beta is to be able to get the new stuff they release there and not to others..
      (Like dragon rider, y'all are able to get their shards and stuff while none testers will have to wait to waste sigils on them next season. So when the map is open y'all have a big head start, not saying the riders are going to be worth anything in the first place)

I will not be looking forward to explaining stuff to my team

• Warlord
      Warlord commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainC lol. Those cute riders are nothing but more expensive runes. They don't drop bombs or shooting with a minigun at the island. No no to mid spender will go for defender perch riders anyways. That's something for our well known super whales who buy everything in season after release. Do you raid them daily? 😜

Most go for the dragon riders and those are like being lucky in silver chest pulls. Some get legendary runes off of them others tons of useless dust and rares.

Only the super whales who fly 5 maxed mythic runes on each obsidian will have the maxed riders with maxed gears.

But to be fair. I know some poor non spenders who fucking DESTROY their bases with pathetically equipped (rare, epic maybe one legendary runes) dragons while the super whales with the super runes and super riders die at the first perch island on a decent base.

So let's all have some chill pills and believe me when I say. These riders won't make a bad flyer a good flyer. And the good flyer kills the base anyways 😁

• CaptainC
      CaptainC commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the one saving grace of this game so far @Warlord

A good flyer with the right dragon can still take down any base. And you can't buy skill.

Hi CampusLifer , just curious. are we not supposed to level up our rider for now? Because I cant level my rider past level 4 at the moment. whenever i do that, that sync error message will pop up and sync my rider back to level 4. I've tried it a few times but still won't work.

Comment

• Spooky
      Spooky commented
      Editing a comment
      PGDave FYI

Can we get him added to the beta forum as well EggToken PGJared?

• PGJared
      PGJared commented
      Editing a comment
      Done.

• xScubx
      xScubx commented
      Editing a comment
      PGDave can you get me added as well have some questions that maybe it could answer.
      Team is SantoDracones forum name same as player name.

AsianDragoon I think we fixed the issue you're describing this morning. Is it working for you now?

Comment

How do we disengage a rider from a dragon? I got a little too excited and bonded with the incorrect element thanks

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Re-bond it with another dragon of your choice.

• Sam DragonLover
        Sam DragonLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought you couldn't remove it unless you put a different rider on, like spells

Question about resists in the rider skill tree... do you have to have the skill on the dragon for it to apply? Or will it still add resist to whatever dragon it's equipped on?

Comment

• Warlord
        Warlord commented
        Editing a comment
        Really? It buffs the existing resist 🤦🏻*♂️

• gaza8143
        gaza8143 commented
        Editing a comment
        Should buff equipped resists as well but not tested

I am trying to decide if the Grogg line is worth pursuing. Total cost for the line is 24,170 sigils, so going the entire route means doing him instead of a dragon.

I have added up Grogg's skill tree items (the ones I can see) and the results are underwhelming for the cost; Dragon HP 6%, XP 3.6%, Attack 5.7% if you do the 2 levels shown on each of those branches. But I am sure I don't have the whole picture. Edit: wrecked my wife's chances of getting a dragon this season and started the Grogg path on her account. Sadly, to get past level 1 it takes a total of 2970 sigils (1550 for the first 5 sharda and the rest to get to the 35 shard reward) it will be a while before I get any more answers; hopefully someone else will get there first...

As it would cost 1550 sigils just to get the shards needed to equip Grogg, I am wondering if anyone who has gone the Grogg line already can answer any of these questions:
      What buffs (if any) do you get when you first equip Grogg? Edit: none, but you get 5 skill points at level 1. I used them all on Dragon HP as you can't do anything else and the next tree tiers didnt unlock until I had done so. Then it tells you to level up your rider for more skill points.
      What kind of boosts do the armor pieces give? I see 4 Battle and 4 Vitality items, what % do they give to I assume Attack and HP? Edit: separate post says 10% to Dragon HP and Attack
      It looks like level 1 of each skill tree item is 5 shards, what is the cost of level 2? Edit: Each skill seems to cost 1 skill point, and 5 levels to each skill, so 5 skill points to max out a skill. Not sure if that holds in all the skills
      Are there more levels of buffs? Only 2 show on the screen: if you do 1, do you then see 2 and 3, etc? Edit: it looks like 5 levels for each skill, and they appear to be linear, so .5%, 1%, 1.5%, etc
      Rider XP can increase also, and you can increase that up to 5.4%. However, the introduction says that the seasonal rider will not use XP to level; it will use shards from the sigil line. So what does increasing Grogg's XP do? Do you have to decide whether to use shards to level him up or apply them to buffs? Edit: the shards are used to level up Grogg; I assume you get skill points each time you level up
      Does increasing his XP increase his buffs? Edit: still wondering about this; does increasing his level (max 50) increase the skill tree buffs?
      Do you have to work Grogg's skill tree in a linear fashion, or can you choose any of the skills along the tree? There are no lock symbols on any of the items, and the text says you can't have them all, so choose wisely. It looks like you get a total of 405 Grogg shards from the full sigil line Edit: Once you get Grogg, the skill tree has locks on all but the first item in the tree
      Last edited by john16309; 09-10-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        The Grogg branch costs 25,000 Sigils just like the other main branches. However the Necryx branch is discounted by 50% for the first two weeks so it is actually possible to get a divine dragon cheaper than a maxed Grogg.

Equip: The full maxed rare gear gives a +10% ATK and HP boost. There are 8 pieces, four add ATK and four add HP so the first one will give you a 2,5% boost of either ATK or HP.

Kind of boosts: Yes, Vitality gives HP, Battle gives ATK.

Levels: A level 1 Rider has 5 skill points. It costs 2 Shards to level him to level 2. The cost of shards per level grows with each level up.

Skill levels: There are 5 levels for each skill.

Good question on the Rider XP for Grogg, that makes no sense. Maybe Pixxel can answer this, I hope this skill can be swapped for a different one by PG.

Higher levels only give more skill points as far as I know.

Skill Tree: It's a linear fashion. Your first skill needs to be maxed at level 5 before the next skill is unlocked.
    Working...
    X