Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Introducing: Dragon Riders

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do all dragon riders all look like females?

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I asked this too but in the stream they showed the rider from the fall season branch and it's male: The Kharnyx Minion!

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I saw it when I finally got on twitch to watch the video of the stream

Upload the stream to the war dragons YouTube channel(If there was actually a stream). Twitch wasn't working so a doubt many persons got to watch

Comment

Up in Sapphire 1 we are surrounded by teams in the beta. With the introduction of Riders in the World Map do we now become further disadvantaged because Riders add additional skills and abilities which we don't have access to.

Fair enough that you need to test these things but people with beta access should not be able to bring their new toys into the main game to disadvantage the rest of us.

Comment

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait a tick-- so there's already players with riders for their dragons kicking the crap out of non-beta team bases in the core game?
        Last edited by SuavGlav; 2 weeks ago.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure, but I hope not!

What happens in beta should stay in beta! Until it is released to all of us.

Disadvantages are very clear, but I'm already at the point where I can't catch up to anyone anyway so that bit has little relevance to me.

Hi SilentOne SuavGlav I think I addressed this concern in my prior message in this thread from a few days ago.

Comment

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're referring to your reply to Marez, that's not what I'm referring to. I understand the chosen ones get rewards and benefits that i don't.

What I'm asking is whether beta teams already have dragon riders live and are able to bring them into wars and such in the core game *now*, even though they won't even be an option for the rest of us until 'sometime next season'?

Just trying to better understand how this feature is actually rolling out.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi CampusLifer your previous message talks about trying to avoid giving beta testers bonus rewards etc, other responses in this thread discuss not having a release date for world map to the rest of us.

I think our concern comes from this comment in the initial post from Pixxel.

Originally posted by Pixxel
        Beta participants will begin to see Dragon Rider Shards and crafting materials in the World Map starting Wednesday, August 30.
        (Visit the Official World Map Forums next week for more details.)

We will also be introducing a unique Dragon Rider and Gear set in our upcoming Fall 2017 Season beginning on Wednesday, September 6 that any player may earn. This Dragon Rider will not use XP to level. It will level using shards obtainable in the Season's prizes. Look for the dedicated Dragon Rider branch in the Season tab and more detailed information to come.
        Also to be noted, Beta players will begin to see rider shards on the 30th August.... I now have a little orange dude on my main screen dragon button and when I'm looking at a dragon I have a Rider button.
        So if this is the sneak peak Beta players are supposed to get and the rest of us shouldn't see it yet then you might want to have a look at that coding.
        The only thing I'm missing is the Dragon Rider Shards, other than that it looks like I should be able to equip them already as well.

Since my post is closed I will ask here one more time... why does worldmap players can get shards by attacking and we can not? I don't care what they go trough in world map beta. They have the option to get out of it but we don't have the option to get in.. so why do I have to get shards from dragons lines only where they can get shards by attacking? Why can't we have that option too? And I'm sorry I don't need see any of the answers above as a valid reasonable answers... I have been playing this game for over a year now and I love the game but every time something new comes up I miss on everything... I don to have world map, salvage shop and now this.. if everyone is playing the same game everyone should be included in every aspects of the game... or make 2 different games.... and most upsetting thing right now is my post gets closed 5 minutes I post it I mean come on!!

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Lots of us are in the same 'boat' (oh dear) on that one. I don't think PG should be sharing details of things which only beta testers have access to until it is available to all of us.

Nor do I think that beta testers should have access to everything for as long as they do before it is released to the rest of us.

CampusLifer, I read your explanation. Let me summarize it to see if I understand.
      1. The people playing the beta are so bored with it that they need some incentive.
      2. You need to add the incentive piece to the beta, and you don’t want to make changes once it is out of beta as you are afraid of “extreme outrage” if you change things.
      3. “It sucks” but too bad for those (the majority of the customers) who don't have beta. The beta elite will get a huge dragon rider advantage that will greatly benefit them against non-beta opponents in the “real” game.
      You left out the huge advantage the beta players have experienced for a long time: the beta xp bases. (Xp bases are very hard to find and keep in the “real” game and don’t exist at some levels.)

Plus the huge advantage that the beta players will have whenever the rest of us scum players get put in the boat game. Since you aren’t reseting the game at that time, the current beta players have a tremendous advantage.

To be concise: “Screw you, non-beta players. We don’t care!”

BTW, if you wanted to avoid "extreme outrage", you messed up big time. I am extremely outraged.

Comment

Echo Subbing out dragon riders - non-beta users will only have access to one rider, effectively soulbinding riders until release/team entry into the beta. Are there any chances of a dummy rider (no leveling/stat additions/gear) purely for the purpose of subbing out Grogg? If the weekend announcement is about beta release to everyone, I guess that'd be moot point.
        [ITIL isn't my IGN]
        XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          That point bothered me too. Why can't we just unbind a rider with a simple Click?

• laserlight
          laserlight commented
          Editing a comment
          MareZ, it just reminds me of dragon runes and towers. Attach an explosive rune to Tarand, opps...Level up two ballista towers to level 25, opps... They don't have a forgiveness mechanic.

So I just watched the Twitch Stream, Crafting materials only available to those with beta access!
        Yep definitely giving benefits to the beta teams.

Craft it, get a bad result, use more Crafting materials to craft again... More gambling features!

But on the other side of this coin.... six more currencies required!
        Wow! This is getting ridiculous!

Could you please stop adding currencies there's too many in the game already.

Comment

• GBill
          GBill commented
          Editing a comment
          You can thank Tencent for this crap.

To give non-betas a better understanding. We beta users don't get dragon riders for free. In fact to get those crafting materials you need to sail through the world and kill boats while you lose boats by hitting.

In a battle you wipeout 10k ships and you lose 9k. To rebuild those 9k you need to rebuild for a week. So one hit per week. And you get 1/5 what is needed for 1 level for the riders. So actually you get 1/50 levels per 5 weeks.

Huge advantage yeah.... 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

This is a little off topic so I apologise for that, but it does tie into a lot of the sentiment in this thread. I see the points non-beta players are making, but disagree with this idea that we get a huge advantage, at least right now. I can't comment on how much of an advantage a dragon rider will be yet until I see what they can do. But prior to now, we do get a few free extra egg tokens per day and the invader base but it's really not the 'streets are paved with gold' stuff some people imagine.

We have to spend many heal potions (boat and dragon), clocks (infrastructure and building boats) and rubies (travelling anywhere outside of your immediate locality) - the latter are optional yes, but it's SO crazy slow otherwise, you kinda have to (e.g. build time on one building on a single island is now 6 months. You have 5 different buildings per island that require upgrades).

As for stuff we got from merchants. My team is in the best region of the world map with the best poacher loots. I visited a merchant with a fully loaded boat - 398k scales which took approx 50 attacks on poachers (which spawned in bunches of 2-3 twice a day and would be considerably less loot per hit in other areas of the map) and I got 8 energy packs and 16 inner fire. You would probably be better off doing 50 attacks in the main game during chest hunting.

I would say the advantage thus far of being in beta is negligible. Anyone who doesn't have thousands of heal potions would find themselves barely able to participate at all.

Comment

• odie1993
            odie1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            Indi123 sorry if you thought that comment was directed just to you. It was meant as more of a generalization of the issue.

And for the record, i have been crying ever since the beta started as the event was dreadful and i had no desire to have that type of shit involved in the overall game. I have played games like that and if i wanted to play games like that, i would go find one again.

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            Indi123 That's because we didn't hear about those long boring months. Other than knowing many of us hated it when it was an event we didn't and don't know what you're doing, what changes are being made etc.

But here you have said I have just gotten a rider... can you fly the dragon with that rider in the game where non-beta players are?
            Right now, at the moment we do not have access to that feature, are you in a league where some teams have the beta and others do not?
            This right here gives you an advantage over non-beta testers. (It may only be for a week this time)
            I am in a non-beta team, we are in a league with beta testers, therefore they can now make their bases stronger than we can because of these riders.

All we are trying to say is beta content should not be giving anyone an advantage outside of the beta.

• Indi123
            Indi123 commented
            Editing a comment
            odie1993 no worries, I totally understand. To be honest the whole dragon rider thing sucks. Farming poachers for frags sucks. I have a rider and didn't notice any obvious difference on my dragon except a midget woman you have to squint to see hanging off the top of it. The wind element I chose is far rarer to get (presumably because a lot of people chose that element too). The beta event of build ships sucks. There's nothing dynamic, fun or interesting about it. Farm gold, hit build, wait 12 hours, repeat. Or spend all your speed ups and/or rubies and build a bit faster. The benefit of all of it is negligible and it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get anything decent and quite frankly I and just want to go back to flying dragons, preferably with some nice new dragon flying related events to inject life into the game. I didn't mind it before, it was something to spend a few minutes at a time doing. Sailing around mindlessly hitting poachers for 2 hours a day for shards that won't get me anything decent anyway is not my idea of a good time. Sorry to be such a negative Nancy, I'm just fed up of it.

For the absolutely nothing it is worth, I have not ever added a rune to a dragon, bar the first one they forced you to as a 'learning' excise. These add ons, now riders, unneeded complexity costing ever different currencies. Suppose it helps make some pay to be 'best'. Simple is best, hence centuries old board games. Fly your dragons, forget the events, riders, runes, anything needing new stuff.

Comment

My frustration is basically I HAVE to use sigils to get riders. On the other hand even though beta users will have to do a lot of attacking and stuff to get the rider shards they still can get it without using any sigils. I play this game 4-5 hours a day everyday and if I had that option I wouldn't worry about loosing ships to get something without using sigils and Destroy my entire fleet if necessary 😂 And I'm pretty sure a lot of players in beta has already hoarded a ton of ships by now..

Comment

JSG I would argue a rider is different from dragons in that it is orthogonal. If you get a new "best dragon", your rider can switch which dragon it wants to ride. Investing in a rider carries over as you get new dragons.

Comment

• JSG
                JSG commented
                Editing a comment
                Its an additional complication. Additional 'currencies', dilution of other items in 'prizing' etc. Seen it before, game maker thinks of fancy new wheezes to add on, economics require it to make money for maker. A group, often payers or super-skilled like new stuff. Time passes game dies. Too hard and complex for new players to get anywhere or see a way forward. Ok this may fit 'Ap' model of short life games, squeeze for cash and then dump. Not exactly chess, same pieces, same rules still here after centuries is it?

• Warlord
                Warlord commented
                Editing a comment
                That's only half of the truth. If you forged gear for Borgian e.g. Earth gear and put that rider to let's say Noctua which is a wind dragon you need to unequip the earth gear and craft wind gear. This won't happen for free, bonding doesn't cost anything but unequipping gear does. And replacing maxed earth gear with brand new gear is extremely expensive if you want it now and not in 3 months.

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                JSG can you elaborate?
                Those new currencies are strictly tied to the gear option in the forge and to the world map so they won't dilute chest or value pack contents.
                Same with item prizing. I haven't seen or heard anything about new items in the current events. The new currencies are in world map event prizes only so far.

So, if we chose a dragon rider for a perch dragon. Does the buffs the dragon rider give go to the entire base or on to the island of the perch?

CampusLifer EggToken PGJared

Comment

• SilentOne
                SilentOne commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe they've said it covers entire base in the Twitch stream.

• ITIL
                ITIL commented
                Editing a comment
                The stream states the whole base. Unlike with dragon boosts, which are additive, boosts from perches will only select the max stat of the same type (e.g. You have two perch dragon riders; one gives 5% and another 10% - only the 10% boost will apply.).

This kind of major boosts should be allowed to everyone there is no other word than unfair to describe this situation for those who doesn't have beta. I was fine with them having extra stuff like tokens, chests and the rest. But now i'm annoyed, it'd like giving a huge advantage to 50 guilds and screw the rest since those boosts will clearly help max bases and obsidians. Does PG's think about everyone sometimes?

Comment

• Sandberg74
                Sandberg74 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree. All the extra stuff i dont care about. I can get that from raiding. But buffs like 11% extra damage on flaks ?
            Working...
            X