Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Introducing: Dragon Riders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing: Dragon Riders

There once was an ancient race known as the Dragon Riders.
    These mythic warriors used arcane magic to empower dragons and ride them into battles! Using their dragons, they conquered the entire world.

Over the years, these Dragon Riders fractured into different groups and regions. Some inhabited the chilling Arctic, adapting their spells to the ice and frost; others forged their magic in the fires of volcanic islands. But without a strong leader to unite them, the Dragon Riders started warring with each other, and eventually destroyed their civilization and much of the magic that made them great.

Only a handful of Dragon Riders remain.
    Can your leadership rekindle their old greatness?

DRAGON RIDER OVERVIEW
    IMG_0284.PNG

Dragon Riders are collectible heroes that you can bond to your dragons and fly into battle with! Bonding a Dragon Rider to a dragon can provide you with a number of buffs, such as increasing your dragon power, base defense, or help you secure victory in the upcoming World Map.

A variety of Dragon Riders will be obtainable through Seasonal Prizes and will be discoverable in the World Map.

GROW THEIR STRENGTH

Dragon Riders can also grow in power, increasing the buffs they provide! When a Dragon Rider is leveled up, Skill Points are obtained. Use Skill Points to increase the effectiveness of a Dragon Rider’s buff, and unlock new buffs as you explore a Dragon Rider’s Skill Tree. The Skill Tree of each Dragon Rider is unique and offers different bonuses to unlock. Explore them all and choose your own path.

WIN AND CRAFT DRAGON RIDER GEAR

Dragon Riders are unmatched in grit and strength, but they still need the right equipment to see them through battle. Throughout the Seasons and scattered across the World Map, Dragon Rider Gear and crafting materials will be obtainable to increase the buffs provided through bonded Dragon Riders.

Each Dragon Rider can equip up to eight pieces of gear: Boots, Chest, Helmet, Gloves, Pants, Ring, Shield, and Weapon. The items will add additional buffs as indicated and various sets can be mixed and matched.

Similarly to dragons, Gear will also have an Elemental Type. In order to equip Gear to a bonded Dragon Rider, the Elemental Type of the Gear must match the Dragon.

(You wouldn’t want to see what happens otherwise… Magic is volatile!)

Dragon Lords, we are very excited to make the dreams of flying with our War Dragons a reality.

We hope you enjoyed this brief overview of this feature, but we’re not done yet!

Join Echo and Pixxel for a live stream demo to see how this feature works in-game.
    Fly to twitch.tv/wardragonsgame and follow the channel, then return at 3 PM Pacific / 10 PM GMT on Wednesday, August 30 to join in on our Q&A session and playthrough.

In the meantime, we want to hear from you! Tag @wardragonsgame on Twitter and include the hashtag, #DragonRider, in your related comments and questions, and it may be featured on our stream.

Beta participants will begin to see Dragon Rider Shards and crafting materials in the World Map starting Wednesday, August 30.
    (Visit the Official World Map Forums next week for more details.)

We will also be introducing a unique Dragon Rider and Gear set in our upcoming Fall 2017 Season beginning on Wednesday, September 6 that any player may earn. This Dragon Rider will not use XP to level. It will level using shards obtainable in the Season's prizes. Look for the dedicated Dragon Rider branch in the Season tab and more detailed information to come.
    Last edited by Pixxel; 08-28-2017, 12:45 PM.

So your rider can increase the HP of the archer tower's he's attacking?
    Cuz it makes no sense that he could increase the hp of the archer towers on your base.

Maybe it should increase archer resist? (or give one if there was none?)

This whole concept seems not ready for prime time IMO.

Comment

• Drexion
      Drexion commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it has to do with perch dragons so a buff to the towers on the perches island

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      Drexion is on to something!

We'll break down all the nitty gritty details in a more comprehensive post, but to address this:
      The icon next to the gear name denotes what type of boost a piece of gear will have.
      If it's the building icon, that's for your base! It'll become active when the Dragon Rider is on a perch and will affect the entire base.

• SpartanDC
      SpartanDC commented
      Editing a comment
      there are 4 types of riders. one is a defender for the dragon(s) on your perch. the other three are specialized for warrior, hunter and sorcerer

Lol just a question...are all those currencies in the craft menu going to be added to gold chests??
    ​​​

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment
      /sweeps post under the rug

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoooooaaa, slow down! Haha - that would be quite the dilution, and I think we've all seen how those conversations play out.
      So no, they won't be inhabiting the Gold Chests, but there will be other ways to find them!

• Drexion
      Drexion commented
      Editing a comment
      Lool thnx for clarifying...maybe making them drop in regular attacks since the beta is so exclusive

further widening the gap between teams with vs without beta
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      This.

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      All I can say is... keep your eyes peeled for another announcement next Saturday... 👀

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      Like *actually* next Saturday or two months from now (PG next Saturday)?

I'm excited! I remember some of us asking for something like this over a year ago! Nice to see it's been in the works!

Comment

• PGDave
      PGDave commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been in the works for quite some time too -- we've been eager to share them with you all!

So... Those who have no access to beta, have to waste the hard earned sigils into craps like this??? well done PG

Comment

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure those useless stuff will not be in a middle of a branch (remember those armors that PG used to promise to add some stats later on??)

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      Dakhunter Yes! The Dragon Rider and the Rider Gear for the Fall Season will be in its own branch.

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I trust your words for this Pixxel. If it's mixed in the regular branch, it will be the call for me to quit the game for once

Can we just start calling War Dragons a modern Chinese browser game now? You don't even have a decent mechanic for helping high-level players to get research eggs in a way that doesn't take away from their breeding paths. And now you want us to RNG more resources from gold chests, should petition Apple and Google to tag this as a gambling game...

EDIT: For the innocent minded who don't know about the perils of the Chinese gaming market. http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016417/-100-000-Whales-An
    Last edited by laserlight; 08-25-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• ITIL
      ITIL commented
      Editing a comment
      "TenCent takes 90%, and the developer gets 10%" RIP

• Mrtheplague
      Mrtheplague commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, from the Ruby only packs on the store, to the 1000 rubies for 250 frags, to the 5000 rubies for 800 sigils, should change the name from War Dragons to Caveat Emptor.

Can we have an eta on world map? You guys should at least be adding 10 teams a week to beta until everyone is in.

Everyone who is not in beta is bored senseless
    Last edited by gaza8143; 08-25-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• SuavGlav
      SuavGlav commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a lot of ppl who are *in* beta are still bored senseless...

• Skittles
      Skittles commented
      Editing a comment
      SuavGlav is right -- It doesn't sound like much fun considering a small portion of players are begging PG to force a large group of players who despise beta to participate in it.

Makes a lot of sense to me....Adding even more senseless crap into the game while not listening to the player base on issues (like research) is just par for the course with you all I guess...I see you want to bring on a whole new rider research yet you can't even come up with a solution for players to be able to finish the research this game already has?? It's shocking to me you still even have players that contribute to this forum since the players requests are ignored 90% of the time. Shocking

Comment

Sorry, we do not currently have an ETA for the worldmap. We don't plan to release it to everyone until we're sure we have something "good". We're still working on it and it's hard to predict when we'll get there.

** It's obviously hard to define "good". We're looking at a number of metrics including both numeric and subjective feedback from players.
      Last edited by CampusLifer; 08-25-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Until some of us have seen the world map, we are completely reliant on the direction PG wants to go, and the direction the current beta testers are voicing their opinions towards.

My question, what if the bulk of those who don't currently have beta access hate it when we do get it? Because you've only been communicating with a minority of the player base. Many of whom, being Diamond and therefore in a different class to the rest of us, will be pushing the game in a direction which only suits one subsection of players.

• TheBulldog
        TheBulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        As previously mentioned by someone here, you are then furthering the gap between beta players and non beta players. What a joke.

• Sam DragonLover
        Sam DragonLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like this is being forced on us.

I quit playing game of war and now again I'm going to have to deal with 'heroes' and equipment and skill etc?
        🤦🏼*♂️

I'm here for the dragons, not what this is

They look very cute but I would prefer to skip them. Not 100% sure why but it rhymes with honey.

Comment

Dear players:

I hear you that you want other things worked on as well. War Dragons is a large, diverse community of players with many different needs. Honestly, no matter which thing we work on, there will be a large vocal portion of the playerbase who feels the opposite thing should be worked on.

I can pull up the links, but just in the last week we've had a number of active threads saying "Please add something new", "The Worldmap needs better incentives", "I'm getting bored of the game because there's nothing new". Clearly there's some set of players who want us to make new stuff (as opposed to polish the set of things we have). The reality is, we need to do both --- not either one in exclusion of the other. We need to both polish our current featureset while also continuing to add new features.

Comment

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          CampusLifer the last thing added to the core game was dragon perches in December last year. I dont count new dragon tiers or towers as new stuff since both are 2 or 3 years out of my reach.

Dragon Riders look pretty cool, but if it is a world map feature then it is something else I wont se until who knows when.

Thr core game is dull and boring after 10 months of letting the weeds and cobwebs grow all over it.

I think it's a cool addition. We'll see how well it's implemented and how costly it is, but in theory I'm stoked for it

Comment

I think Panda called it right in another thread. This smells of another money grab.

And the "World Map" seems like it's not only going to be forced on us. It's going to be done in such a way that nobody can just say "screw it" they will be forced to play it even if they hate it.
          What, me worry?

Comment

• CaptainC
            CaptainC commented
            Editing a comment
            And once more the sad part is that they ( PGDave ) don't listen. I don't want to play with boats, I joined this game to play with DRAGONS! There is nothing even slightly interesting about the beta or what's happening in it to me. And I'm sure many others feel the same. Indi123

• Indi123
            Indi123 commented
            Editing a comment
            In fairness, they do listen to feedback in beta and make changes to make it more dragon-y. For example, when you fly against another player's base, it looks the same as it does in the main game compared to the original bizarre water islands they had. But fundamentally, at least right now, the majority of time in beta is spent sailing around with ships of gold, getting stuck for 6 hours at other teams' islands, and carrying out the administrative tasks of a naval employee. In all honesty, they have improved it with each iteration but it still lacks the fast pace and blowing shit up (at least frequently) which we play War Dragons for. What it DOES retain is the capacity for blowing consumables, notably heal potions and timers. I have now seen a beta build time of 191 days. 6 months!!!!

Anyway, I digress. f I was in a non-beta team, I would most certainly be concerned about certain content only being available in beta and what the catch up mechanisms can possibly be when it is rolled out to everyone. I can't see a way that wouldn't upset every team that has piled time, resources and clocks into beta for the past 10 months but would also enable teams new to beta to ever hope to catch up to being remotely competitive.

• Spooky
            Spooky commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree--they definitely listen to constructive feedback to improve the beta. It's so much more gratifying than posting here and see nothing happen for months or we're looking at at etc. They've also heard the very negative feedback about the beta overall, which is why it's still in beta after 10 months. But I'm sure they're going to make every effort to iterate it and improve it further before they would decide on a "no go" decision. And it's definitely going to take a far more clever solution than I can think of to be fair to both the existing participants who in many cases used money/consumables/etc to improve in WM, and to the new entrants.

Hahaha I just see more cost unless they found a way to offset it. Which they rarely do....but maybe today is the day. I won't hold my breath though. I feel like they haven't realized basic costs. They keep adding drain without ever increasing but often decreasing replenishment. It's cool to see new stuff until you realize it's nothing but an added expense likely. Then comes the, why the negative sentiment?

Comment

Working...
          X