Assault Event Changes and Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Event Changes and Updates

We've listened to many player concerns and feedback over the Assault event in June. As a result, we will be making the following changes:
    • Scoring system has been changed from the best score from each base, to the total number of points earned from defeating bases
    • Players now receive points every time they defeat a base, instead of only having their highest score per base count towards their total
    • Base bonuses has been increased to 100% bonus points for beating a base with dragons that are at least 75% weaker than the base (up from 25% bonus points)
    • Point scaling for the bases has been adjusted, so that the highest base gives only about twice the points of the weakest base (down from 50x the points of the weakest base)
    • Fixed a bug where players had to defeat the checkpoint base after getting reset (you will now not have to defeat the checkpoint base again after defeating it the first time)
    • Removed stars/total annihilations from this event (We like the concept, so this will hopefully resurface in a future iteration of assault)
    • Progression Prizes has been increased
    • Progression thresholds changed to reflect the new scoring system

Good luck in this Monday’s Assault event!

Thank you for listening to the player base! All the changes above sound like a great improvement from the last mini event! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Comment

Just want to tell.... The problem with personal prizes was... To get them , you had to take out 48/50 bases nearly perfect ( at that point the opponents was level 400++ and about 500M bases) ... That was a big insult for players who arent on top and hadnt the heaviest dragons...

Now with this change, it is a nonstop playing... Ok can be as in different events, but then you should make for much other players something good in personal prizes too...
      Probably again 1k per stage where you are at basepoints ... hmmm

Mystic rune in personal prizes please... and personal prizes should not be that hard at last time! I believe many players was hot to get a touch of a "ammo" rune... even a legendary would be nice.
      But that was just for 25 players available.

Thank you that you fixed some issues... but take this issue very serious, that personal prizes should be reachable with effort, and that you have not to have highest classes for it !

edit : After Sabin76 mentioned about, i didnt meant with effort just to play non stop for prizes... I just wanted say ... it shouldnt be need to have high class dragon to get good prizes... Because 48/50 bases was need to beat nearly perfectly to get that... And that was very unfair , this line should be deeper.. That is what i meant. So that lower bases count more, or more balanced, so that the top prizes are reachable with 35/50 bases for example.
      Last edited by EmrahT; 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree that personal prizes in this event should be attained only through effort (read: money). This event was billed as one where you could see how good you can fly vs. other players with the dragons you had, not where you could compare how fat your wallet is. The fact that it even had energy in the first place was a point of contention.

I see this event like I saw the first assault I played about a year ago now... progress as far as you can for the dragons you have and then stop. Next time the event runs, see if you can progress further.

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        @Sabin76

Maybe i wrote it not right as i meant.... I meant with it, it shouldnt be necessary to have highest dragons... so someone with a mid ones should have a chance for it too...

I liked the system of the last mini assault too... i am not for non stop playing... dont think wrong about me... BUT , prizes shouldnt be at the highest line ... that was just very unfair !
        Last edited by EmrahT; 07-07-2017, 01:40 PM.

EggToken what about concerns about the scaling of bases, has it improved? Last time this ran, many of the smaller bases were almost impossible to take with lower dragons. Especially in the purple/blues level, and in golds, where level 40 towers would pop up on bases.
      Frydays

Comment

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point....
        It was impossible to take the first base with a 75% weaker dragon, because the weakest was even stronger...

EggToken So I could be reading this wrong...basically, you removed all skill needed and turned it into a grind of who wants to use more energy? At this stage you can never be shocked but way to completely torch anything that was left of the original blackbloods. Thanks PG, good fucking work.

Comment

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I'd ask for clarification of the scoring. The first two points provided above do not preclude the notion that the number of points you get after defeating a base once goes down dramatically. The changes as listed could go in two ways:

1. They want progression prizes to be similarly attained from last time, meaning only the highest level players will be able to complete them. What this would look like based on the changes listed is that the first time you beat a base you get a bunch of points (based on criteria from before), but any subsequent defeat of the same base would provide a much smaller amount of points until a "maximum" number of points for that base is achieved. If this is the way they've done it, I see this as a response to the confusion that happened when you defeated a base once and got 1200 points, then defeated it again and got 1350 points, but your score only went up by 150. The way I've highlighted here, they would get 1200 points the first time, and 150 the second. Maybe going down to 0 or some token minimum amount so that you COULD progress by hitting it over and over again, but you wouldn't want to.

2. Alternatively, they could have taken EmrahT 's criticism to heart and changed it to what you are saying... basically just grind the lowest level bases (because now they are only 50% fewer points than the highest level bases) until you finish progression prizes and have no incentive to fly against higher level bases to see how good you are (the whole point of this mini-mini-event).

I hope they went with #1, though that would adversely affect my progression in the event.

First of all, the bases weren't impossible to take. A lot of players completed all bases. Second of all, this has just been changed into a money dump. Who can spend the most energy hitting over and over. Wasn't the biggest gripe last time that people had to spend energy?
      well done complainers, it just got a whole lot more expensive and the fun part - skill has been removed. Let's wait and see someone flying Algor over and over and over and winning the event.

Comment

• elements1
        elements1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The bigger ones weren't but the smaller ones had unreasonable tower levels vs the tier that the 25% power fit in.

• Indi123
        Indi123 commented
        Editing a comment
        There were at least the top 20 people who took out all bases and most had full annihilation. So yes it was hard but shouldn't it be?
        Last edited by Indi123; 07-07-2017, 01:56 PM.

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        The only base you couldn't get max points on was the very first base (unless you had a red dragon that was not expert)

Indi is right, this event just got ruined. It is now a spend energy event and no longer rewards good flying. shame.

Indi123

Well that happened exactly because this time PG changes the prizes that way, that you had to take out 48/50 bases "nearly perfectly"... including a level 425 with 500M as 48th base... not with 70 or 85... no with 100% to come over...

The event of this type of last time was 40 stages long... and after you finished 28/40 , you won all personal prizes... I won that as a level 77+ player (vs a 8++M base), while there was people with max saphir dragons aswell... And the level after this 29-40 , was for people who play for best rewards at single rank.

So if PG would made a way to be better succesfull for overall... 35/50 stages, or 40/50 stages (not perfectly), instead of what they did.... Afterall the miniprizes was poor low...Then this issue would never be, players wouldnt ask for more points to be able to reach with energy...
      As you see this standing made it all worse. I know we spoke that days about, and i told how disappointed this high expectations was for me too...

Edit: Want to add... This happens exactly , when bigger players miss to show solidarity with others, because they think it doesnt touch them....
      Last edited by EmrahT; 07-07-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        odie1993

I see you dont get it aswell, it has not to do with what i got and not. It has to do what it was in past, and what it was now in last mini event.
        Your idea of deserving or not is your thing, i dont agree with it. I complained about this issue "before" the event was played.

Personal prizes has to be reachable without having highest class of dragon. Beside that in past similar events it was that, that you won all personal prizes about 70% of all stages, and the other part decide about the bests in single rank.

I have no idea what you fly or think you understand from my post, but i say you why this changes happened. And that is the case.
        I am against that pay to play too, and i am for a skilled event aswell, there was many in past... Anyway this last prizes was too high setted.

• Seppy
        Seppy commented
        Editing a comment
        No. Top personal prizes absolutely do not need to be reachable. That is the entire point. Not every special snowflake deserves top prize because then top prize is meaningless. Try to achieve something worth working for, not some token participation prize

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        Seppy

Everyone cant reach it anyway, the problem is , it was to high set ...
        you had to finish 48bases of 50 nearly perfect , means with 75% weaker dragon or more.

That was too difficult and that is what i complain about. Not to give it free, to set it lower than before , got it ? So that you had to best for example 35-40 bases of total.

Typical. The only event where skill would put you on top, and money couldnt give you the toprank, and you blow it ?
      So now anyone can hit the same base over and over to accumulate points ? Why care about the added skill bonus if you can just hit the same base again?

sounds like you listened to all those who did poor the last time the event ran. Thanks for taking the fun out of a fun event.

Comment

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        @Sandberg74

Its ok to not give it to all low players... But as a level 182, and many arround 200++ , wasnt able for it too...
        I beated 47/50... but thats not fair , that is too high... If you cant see that, you shouldnt wonder about that change.

Last time it was enough to beat 70 % of totall bases, 28/40 to reach it, so it included more players instead of the highest 1% or whatever reached that prizetier lately... i guess its far under it too... Lets say 1% of saphir based leagues so more can understand.

The system was good, skill based and so on.... but it was not right to take that line too high to reach it... and 48/50 needed to be perfectly nearly, shouldnt be forgotten ..

• Indi123
        Indi123 commented
        Editing a comment
        As I said on the last thread, someone on my team took the level 500 with sapphire dragons. So I'm sorry I just don't see your point EmrahT

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        Indi123

The point is... the personal prizes should be reachable with less then 48/50 perfectly beaten bases, or 49-50, if not perfect.
        It is very ok that the single rank is a different case, and just the bests are there ... But beside that the personal max prizes should be reachable with less then this ... as told 35-40 of 50 instead of min. 48 perfectly... Hope you see what i mean this time...

Otherwise do not wonder that this hard situation brought so much anger, and changed this in first case good event too a bad one...
        Ok the prizes could be better , for example runes, but if it is not reachable for most... it wont be accepted, you know !

edit: as said, i couldnt take out the level 425 , 500M base, but yea my Hauhaset was 17, and just had some max power saphire dragon ( event dragon ) for it .
        Last edited by EmrahT; 07-07-2017, 02:01 PM.

Personally, I liked the last version(except the cruddy prizes).

I was only unable to perfect score the bottom ~15 bases. I don't think the weaker bases was scaled right for the dragons.

Comment

Just yuck.

So, Assault v2.0 on Monday, huh?

It's too bad it (sounds like it) became another "he/she who spends the most, wins the most" event. A better change would have been to keep old scoring system and add in a team prize...personal ranking for best fliers (with progression in mind) and team prizes, even small ones, for best team performance.

I never understood the argument that this isn't a team event. Sure, you can't have backup. But it could be if you wanted it to be. Is training event a team event? Nope, it's a wallet event, and a bad one at that.
        Last edited by Warchant; 07-07-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Guess people didnt spend enough the first time around. Now its literally spend as much energy as you can possibly afford to get the most points, skill be damned. RIP what was actually the most fun event we have had in over a year. Now just more soul sucking grinding and wallet emptying. Sadly, not even a tiny bit surprised...
          Slow clap πŸ‘πŸ» ............πŸ‘πŸ»................ πŸ‘πŸ»
          Last edited by Owlrager; 07-07-2017, 02:09 PM.
          _____________πŸ—‘πŸ₯πŸ”ͺ_____________

Comment

I agree they needed some to scale some of the lower bases, not completely change the rules. EmrahT , not sure if you remember the original blackbloods. It gave you a reason to want to level more dragons and actually learn to use them. By making it this mindless shit, all of that is gone. Yes there are smaller players but couldn't this serve as an incentive to both grow and train their dragons?

So...to sum up recent events EggToken we have had the depth of hackers come to light, this event has been laden with connection errors, PG greed is still front and center, and to top it all off, the event that had even the slightest to do with something other than money ran once and you guys kill it? Sounds great....not.

You have a gifting system that you created so people could get discounted packs, which you denounce, yet created a whole system to support it...so I am going to have to call bullshit there.

Oh, and on the beta, you took a completely broken/unwanted mechanic (admirals) and found a way to replace it with something that likely has even more cost (Primarchs)...that about covers it.
            Last edited by Panda; 07-07-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• EmrahT
              EmrahT commented
              Editing a comment
              Panda
              I dont like this actual change... its just pay to win, or play to win for now.
              I liked the last system , even if there was some fails , but what i didnt like was... to reach top prize tier of personal prizes... you had to finish 48/50 bases, and not just finish, you had to finish them nearly perfect... I am clearly against that . That is too heavy... and that has nothing to do with lower players...
              This way i stucked at level 48 base, and hadnt the chance to win all, ... as me many 200++ was too there... You know last time it was reachable , not only for highest, even for medium player if there dragon was good, and had good spells... That is what i missed. So it should be lower stated to reach all... I dont say give it free to majority, but how it was it was a insult for most of us others.

I remember a some assault events where it was... one i had much fun, you remember where every dragon tier had stages, orange tier dragon had to fight until stage 15 to open the next, or you had to wait... That was great, of course had its weaknesses, but there your skill in every tier decided aswell...

And what i remember was last year , blackbloodstyle event, with 40 stages, the only bad side was rubins for overcome timelimit.
              I guess the "orginal" blackbloods, was before my time... Or i was just too low to see, so i dont know.
              If you explain me what it was , maybe i have a idea about.
              Last edited by EmrahT; 07-07-2017, 02:37 PM.

• Munt415
              Munt415 commented
              Editing a comment
              So EmrahT basically what I'm reading from you is that because YOU couldn't complete the whole event as a 180.....means that they should change the scoring on the whole thing.

• EmrahT
              EmrahT commented
              Editing a comment
              Munt415
              No it is not just because of me... i said this even at the start of this mini assault event. The thing is, what you should remember, i played more of this kind of events, and for this mini version of this event , it was too difficult to reach top prizes at personal rewards.

So that in past events of this type it was much earlier, and it has to be earlier... This time you had to finish 48/50, nearly perfect, that means with weaker dragon... Just finishing 50/50 without beating with 75% weaker dragon wouldnt be enough aswell...

At all the it had to be easier, i didnt told it after i finished the event, i told even before and while that. I told that because that people shouldnt wonder that most had anger of that misscalculation of PG.
              As solution they need to be careful at this point, and for more players fight for single prizes. At least single prizes was great, and personal rewards low.

What does it matter if they made it so you can spend more energy and get more points. You don't have to do that. You can still just go the same route that you did the last time and still get your points. Just makes it so if a person gets stuck at say base 40 they are not done with the event. They can still have fun and use energy. Isn't the point of this game to have fun? I feel like somewhere along the way the players have lost sight of that and turned it into a grudge match with the developer to see how much they can bitch about the next worthless thing that is added to an imaginary world. FFS just say thanks and get on with your lives.

Comment

• Indi123
              Indi123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you're missing the point if I may say so. I know from my POV I don't begrudge low levels having fun or taking part. Simply that this was an event which genuinely was based around skill for once. I do remember the original blackbloods. I was only a very low level player, I didn't expect to be able to complete all milestones or beat all the bases. I remember the second iteration I participated in I enjoyed seeing how much my flying and dragons had progressed.

A lot of people just want everything easy and expect to achieve all milestones. The last assault you could do this cheaply if you had sapphire dragons and skill. This time you can still achieve all the milestones so long as you cough up a heap of energy. This was a way to really test your flying and now it's been made into a credit card grinding contest.

• Bear
              Bear commented
              Editing a comment
              I disagree it has turned into a credit card grind if you so choose to make it that. If you want to do it cheap and fly your ass off and get all the way to the top you are still free to do so. Additionally you are still free to spend as little or as much as your heart desires to achieve what you want to achieve.

I was around for the original blackbloods. Yes it was a challenge and you certainly didn't expect to get all the bases if you didn't have the dragons to get them. Then again it was another event that was over in 12 hours and then you just did nothing. We complain that breeding and fortification are boring for that reason, they try to make this one so it doesn't feel that way, and everyone gets their pitchforks and torches out and head for the PG castle.

Why is ensuring everyone has fun in the event, skilled and unskilled alike, such a bad thing. This is a mobile game and they are in it for money. Not being able to make money is why we don't have the original blackbloods in the first place. Accept what they have given us, and make constructive criticism after we have had a chance to see what it is. Put the pitchforks away for once and just see what happens.

• Munt415
              Munt415 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bear I'd agree that you can do it the same as before and get your points that way but as stated in the OP the highest base is now only worth 2x that of the lowest. So no you really can't get your points the same way you could in the last event. You will have a spend a shitload more energy for insignificant rewards. They took the point out of trying with this event with that point change. I can now just grind the weakest base with drags that will heal faster and only have to use twice the energy as someone putting a lot of time and resources into defeating the highest bases.

EggToken If my memory serves me from the last event and the feedback, the biggest complaint was the use of energy. This new undertaking looks to go in the opposite direction of what the players complained about the most and cause this to be an energy dump. good job PG in listening to its players...

Comment

Quick point of note. We like the aspect of skill based events for these Mini events and plan to keep that, and expand on it.

We plan to eventually in the next iteration or two get two types of reward systems so that we reward skill, but still give a chance for those at low levels to fully participate.

1. As you see in this event there is a regular individual progression based rewards like you might see in another event. Here you get many more points per attack for defeating with a weaker dragon so the effort required to get prizes is greatly reduced if you fly skillfully. The ratio of potential bonus points for killing a base with a weak dragon is much higher than before, and the difference between the 1st base and last base's "Base Points" is a smaller gap. You are also able to re-attack a base for more points so that players don't get stuck once they've beat the highest base they can.

2. The second reward system that isn't ready yet (but hopefully in the next iteration after this will be) will ideally pay out more rewards based on the number of "Annihilations or Bases you've completed with the max score at least once" you have obtained. This is a totally skill based system and will be something for players to show off globally how many stars they were able to achieve and reap the rewards for doing so.

Comment

• EmrahT
                EmrahT commented
                Editing a comment
                Echo
                There was a time with a event where every tier of a dragon had its own stages, of course from a ligh to a heavy version of it, where you had to use them firstly to keep up higher.

Maybe you know which one i mean, that would be fun too, if it is balanced to eachother, on this type of event it could be decided who is where at the end.
            Working...
            X