Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

[UPDATED 6/20] Summer Season 2017 Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UPDATED 6/20] Summer Season 2017 Updates

UPDATED: Additional changes to Borgian.

Thanks to player feedback about the relative strength of the 2017 Summer Seasonal Dragons, we’re making several spell changes to improve their battle performance! We hope these changes will make these dragons more fun and effective in battle.

Summer Season Changes:
    • All the current Summer Seasonal Dragons will be upgraded from Legendary Emerald to Mythic Emerald strength. For all tiers below Emerald, these dragons will remain of Legendary quality.
    • The final Mythic Dragon will have the ability to evolve to Obsidian tier (upon that tier’s release at a later date).

Spell Changes to Kinnarus:
    • White Summon Warrior will be replaced with "Dodo Guardian".
    • Dodo Guardian: A Passive 0 Rage Summon Dodo spell that heals Kinnarus for 33% of damage taken, and increases Rage point generation by 20%. This tiny flying Dodo attacks for you and never dies. Not affected by any existing Runes or research.
    • Freeze Replaced with Earthquake, a 1 Rage, Red area damage spell that disables towers for 2 seconds.
    • Rising Phoenix replaced with Invincibility Shield.
    • Archer Resist replaced with Lightning Resist.

Developer’s Note: While true to the spirit of the original dragon Kinnara, Summon Warrior did not perform as well in higher tiers where stronger towers would make quick work of the difficult to use summon. This spell, in addition to the control functions of Earthquake and Invincibility should be a marked improvement both offensively and defensively for Kinnarus.
    Spell Changes to Borgian:
    • Lockdown Replaced by Cloak.
    • Thunderbolt now deals significantly more damage, but is unaffected by research that only applies to chain lightning bounces.

Developer’s Note: Lockdown was too weak of a control spell to be used in conjunction with the rest of this dragon’s spell set, so Cloak has replaced it as one of the more effective Hunter staples.
    Last edited by EggToken; 06-20-2017, 06:03 PM.

What's the stat of that little dodo guy?
    and whats the attack order of dodo summon? Will it be the same as the regular summon? Or it will have different order now?
    Will the summon heal kinnarus over time or just one time 33%.
    And with this newest change. The freeze runes and glyph for kinnarus on same branch don't work anymore. What will Pg do about it?
    Last edited by Dakhunter; 06-16-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      EggToken, what about the attack power of the summon? Is it going to be 0.5% similar to regular summon or it will be higher

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Please provide more info on the summon stat EggToken, Echo, PGJared

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      "Dodo Guardian's AP ratio is 2.25% of dragon HP, so about a 4x improvement over the regular summon. "

From the last page.

Love it! ❤️

Comment

Spoilt it Lockdown was a nice change from silly cloak.

Comment

• tfox
        tfox commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol are you just trolling or serious? I can't tell

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope he's joking lol

• JSG
        JSG commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely serious. I do not think I even use cloak other than token missions. I understand a few like it, use it. I liked Lockdown on the likes of Kana. This was a pleasant change from the same old wretched useless cloak when I saw this season dragons.

How about reverse or invert on a warrior again?

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. It will be unstoppable

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        It's kinda the only way warriors are viable at higher lvls lol.

Pixxel Seasonal Dragon Stream Part II after release?
      [ITIL isn't my IGN]
      XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on this. Please give us a new review of the new spells

So here comes yet another tier of dragons. PG never listens. 🙄
      x7DeadlyGoobsx

Comment

• EmrahT
        EmrahT commented
        Editing a comment
        It was expected that one will come after a time... but a upper version of mystic will make bases even harder i guess ... so for future legends loose there standing ...

What are you going to do for those of us who spent $1k and up to get Morphos??!

you don't care because the money is already spent?? Algor is 10x better than morphos, had I know. I would have waited for this season!

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell me how you clear lv48 towers with algor please. My friend has expert algor and he dropped mid way thru the island full with lv48.

• DarthDaggerz
        DarthDaggerz commented
        Editing a comment
        Morphos has no resists, his enfeeble spell affects 3 towers at best and 2 if you are lucky, and his illy other spell gets blocked by red mage towers not that it matters because it sucks too! If you didn't spend money on morphos stay out of it, he sucks so bad compared to phasmos and algor and I'm sick of people who didn't waste their money saying how he is good, when he is obviously NOT!!

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        I spent money on Morph, Algor and Phasmos. Morph is stronger, you just have to learn to fly him.

You have got to be kidding me! I selected Kinnarus specifically because of the spell set it had...and now you have completely changed it! And two weeks into the season after I have already spent a bunch of sigils on it! I waited almost a year to get another event dragon that had the Rising Phoenix spell, and now that is GONE. That is it...I AM DONE...PG I am now a play for free player as I can't trust anything you guys do anymore. And I hope you are going to be reimbursing the players for the sigils they already spent if they now want to choose a different event dragon to get, and also giving them back any runes they put on Kinnarus (freeze and Archer resist) that now, do not work. You guys should see the league chats - people are FURIOUS, me included.

Comment

• GodofNoobz
        GodofNoobz commented
        Editing a comment
        Wtf are you talking about!? Kinnarus is way better! You're telling me you chose it because of Raising Phoenix and archer resist? What people are mad about getting a much better set of spells? Please enlighten us with these people you speak of.
        Last edited by CaptainC; 06-16-2017, 11:26 PM.

• RayRay
        RayRay commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the exact same position. I only chase one dragon. I originally wanted a hunter but that lockdown was a total turn off.

I specifically picked Kinnarus because of her spell set, especially Rising Phoenix and freeze. And you took that away.

Many of us have spent money to get those sigils and changing the product AFTER purchase surely can't be completely legal in consumer law.

If PG doesn't want a horde of angry pitch forks they needs to restart the season and refund the sigils so people can reselect their dragons. 😑
        Last edited by RayRay; 06-17-2017, 02:25 AM.

• Vosulaa
        Vosulaa commented
        Editing a comment
        I always wait until week 2 or 3 before spending any sigils. This helps avoid changes made by PG messing up my plans. Many might learn now to wait.

I while I am on my soapbox...the league restructure was the single worst thing you have done in this game. Many players do not read the blogs and had no idea what was going to happen! Teams got bumped down to lower level leagues and had no idea why. And you made the leagues tougher...so those of us that had been in top performing teams, that warred our asses off to get back to the level league we had been in, are now having to claw and scrape for a 10th place finish. All alliances were broken, and the teams change leagues every week now...there is no time to learn about your opponents or plan any strategy for events. Events have become just a knock down, drag out battle for points. Congratulations PG...you managed to pretty much take all the fun out of the game in pursuit of the almighty $$$.
      Last edited by PernDragon; 06-16-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        For the league restructure, I think it's long overdue. It's a good thing that Pg fixed (not completely but it's getting there).
        I have seen a LOT of Teams in SAPPHIRE that dont belong there (a whole team with just 1 to 5 players from 100-150, and the rest are around 80s). I know it's more competitive now to stay in Sapphire but it forces teams are not qualified to be pushed out and better teams to move up (Darwin evolution theory).
        So I think if your team already struggles to stay in a league, that league is maybe not for you. Just take your time and grow your team stronger

• MusclyBruv
        MusclyBruv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ugh wish I could get the time back that I wasted reading both your comments

• PernDragon
        PernDragon commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not saying a restructure should not have happened. I am saying PG handled the way they did it very badly, so people were not prepared for it. And in my opinion, they made them a little too tough. And I have been in 3 leagues now since the restructure and there have been teams in each one that clearly belonged in an upper league from ours, so it did not really resolve any issues IMHO.

Lol I don't understand these noob complaints PG have changed Kinnarus into what looks like a top tier sorcerer and people are still complaining. The runes are a fair call. But returning sigils should not, that just screws the patient people that have been waiting to make an educated decision.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        That's true, but to always have it? I'd take it over rez.

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        To tell u the truth, I rarely use resurrection on aster because I always time it wrong and end up dying.

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        I use it a lot. Just takes practice on the timing.

Replacing lockdown with cloak turns Borgian into a much more tempting dragon, though rumours have it that the thunderbolt isn't particularly powerful against higher level towers?

Comment

• AngelOfVoid
        AngelOfVoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Lockdown was a better skill to have in Borg than Cloak. I have him, Andy preferred how it was before

The rune in Drakius branch (mythic lightning resist) becomes useful for Kinnarus now too. Pity the Kinnarus branch runes (Freeze) become useless.

Comment

• Goober
        Goober commented
        Editing a comment
        They'll probably change the runes as well.

Will the 30% dodo healing still apply when invincibility shield is up?

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        The healing only applies when you take damage. For example you take 100 damage every second, dodo will heal you 33 HP per second. So I can imagine that if you have shield up, you are no longer taking damage, aka you wont heal anymore

So this seasons dragons were so bad no one was buying them and they were buffed. Can you confirm what date they will be nerfed?

Comment

• LizDrakemoor
        LizDrakemoor commented
        Editing a comment
        lol. I'm guessing sometime in the autumn season and hopefully not sooner, though that's just my pessimism speaking.
    Working...
    X