X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assault Mini-Event!

Greetings Dragon Lords!

We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be introducing a new mini-event inspired by the original Blackbloods event starting next Monday! This is a solo-event, so there are no team prizes for this event type, BUT there is a Global Leaderboard/Prizes so you can see who the best Dragon Flyer in War Dragons is! You can work towards prizes at your own pace and skill level. However, the better your skills are at flying your dragons, the better you’ll do!

General Rules:
    • Use energy to attack enemy bases and earn points.
    • Gain up to 25% more points per base for beating bases while flying with weaker dragons (relative to base strength).
    • Higher level bases will have an increased chance of Special item drops.
    • You will reach a “Checkpoint” every 5 bases (highlighted in blue).
    • The Blackbloods’ forces will push back to your last Checkpoint if you loosen the pressure on the front (i.e. not attack for 3 hours).

FAQs

When does the event run?
    The mini-event will fit between main events, so Monday to Wednesday.

Can I redo bases to improve my score?
    Absolutely! It will still cost energy, but you can go back to maximize your points on weaker bases if you think you’ve reached your highest potential already. Only your highest score is counted at the end.

What is taken into account when attacking bases?
    The calculation compares your dragon’s attack rating against the defense power rating of the base. Boosts affecting your dragon are counted in this figure. If you use more than one Dragon, then the sum of those Dragons’ attack rating is used.

Will chests drop Energy Packs?
    Yes, chests will drop Energy Packs during this event.

What can I earn?
    Special drops for successful attacks can contain Sigils, Resource Packs, or Bronze and Silver Chests. In addition to those are also individual progression prizes just like in major events.

What if I run into a base that’s too difficult? Can I skip it?
    You can skip a base by paying rubies: You will get the base amount of points for skipping a base, but you will not receive any bonus points. Currently you can only skip bases up to your player level.

Last edited by EggToken; 2 weeks ago.

BUT there is a Global Leaderboard/Prizes so you can see who the best Dragon Flyer in War Dragons is!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let me correct that.

BUT there is a Global Leaderboard/Prizes so you can see who the biggest spender in War Dragons is!

Yw 😏

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      This is going to have to be a balance of how many times you want to try the base vs guaranteeing that you can defeat a base to progress. Cool concept

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      You can re-attack any base as many times as you want. The higher the difficulty base you defeat the higher the probability of getting a special drop at the end of that attack.

• Skittles
      Skittles commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL LOL seems about right

If you re-run a base that's already been completed, do you get another roll at "special rewards," or is that only for the first completion?

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Everytime you attack a base, no matter how many times you completed it you get a chance at the "special rewards".

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume it's only one time

Will this count as major or minor event? Aka, can we declare war during this mini event?

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      You can declare wars during this.

In principle I like the concept - personally I feel burned out after the main event and I enjoy a couple of days off.

Would this not he better to run concurrently with the minor events rather than after major events??

During breed and fort it can be boring and I think this new concept feels like the perfect minor event filler.

Comment

• wardragonslayne
      wardragonslayne commented
      Editing a comment
      This clears a lot up with yellowmonkey... it explains most of his "didn't read" the original message. He doesn't understand the big words folks.. let's give him some leeway now that we know.

• gaza8143
      gaza8143 commented
      Editing a comment
      YellowMonkey you are right, My reply wasnt justified and I have deleted it.

• YellowMonkey
      YellowMonkey commented
      Editing a comment
      After putting thought into it and reading a lot of the comments here(and now understanding Gaza's post); I'll have to agree.

But, Let's try it as scheduled this time. In the future however, it may be best to tie it in to run the same time as minor events. I say we give both options a try(between events then during minor events) and see how the community feels

What exactly does it mean by special drop?

Comment

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      From Et

Special drops for successful attacks can contain Sigils, Resource Packs, or Bronze and Silver Chests. In addition to those are also individual progression prizes just like in major events.

I hope that individual prizes are generous. I wouldn't like to see that we finally got a new event only to find PG was using it as a way to give out fewer prizes overall. With no team prize available and higher sigil cost per season branch than ever, players might begin to wonder whether or not greed is the driving factor in most of PG's decisions.

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a completely incremental event on top of all other events, that is very low in energy cost to complete compared to all other events. This should be a complete benefit to players. Not to mention that the attack power and HP of dragons in this season are stronger than that of all previous seasons.

• WolfDemonsPup
      WolfDemonsPup commented
      Editing a comment
      Great if it turns out that way.

First off, this may bring some excitement to the community. I can't wait to try it. Now:

1) I like the fact that we can get more points if we use dragons relative to base defense.

1a) This means we can crack out our lower tier dragons.
    1b) This means that we get rewarded alittle more for our skills(by using dragons relative to base defense). I can't count how many times I've heard players want rewarded for their skills and strategy. Now, for example, instead of players being forced to use lower tier dragons(whatever that event was); players have the option to use either their stronger dragons for an easy win, or break out the beasts from the past and use strategy and skill to wreck havoc!

2) The Global Leaderboard/Prizes: How many spots will be in the prize structure for this?

3) Since energy is used, is there a free set of energy that fills(like in major events)? I assume so since screenshot shows 16

3a) If so, what is the amount? 16?
    3b) What is the cost per attack? 4? I assume so since screenshot shows 4. I'm just verifying points 3 here.

4) Special item drops:

4a) How many sigils drop on these or are their different chances? For example, there's chance for bronze and silver chest drop. Is their also chance, for example, for 25 sigil and 50 sigil drops or more? Or is it one set amount?

4b) Resource pack special drops: are they one set amount? Different amounts? Or based on level of player?

5) "The mini event will fit between main events"?? How often?

6) "Can I redo bases to improve my score?" And "only your highest score is counted at the end".

Does this mean if you made the max score for a set base, that you will not gain anymore points for it if you attack it again?

OR does this mean, your global score will not increase, but you still gain personal progression points?

7) Since boosts on a dragon affect total points in attack: is there some kind of visual aid that will show us if we would receive max point by using said dragon and said boosts? Or is it a guessing game?

8) "Next Monday" does this mean this coming next monday(after tug of war event) or NEXT monday(after the next event)?

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      2) Currently it's based on the global top 1000, this is subject to change after the first iteration. Expect that this event will be in a fairly regular rotation.
      3) Yes
      3a) 16
      3b) 4
      4a) Currently the drop qty is set at 50, and the higher the base level destroyed, the higher the probability of getting this drop.
      4b) They are based on player level, same amount just higher probabilities as you go up the ladder
      Caveat we will be evaluating all these drop amounts and probabilities after the event to see how it performed.
      5) Often, but final cadence is not a set thing yet.
      6) Yes you can redo bases, and yes only highest score counts. If you previously scored max points, you cannot get anymore points for that base (global or personal progression), but you can attack it for a chance at special drops.
      7)Your dragon attack power needs to be 25% of that of defense power of the base after all boosts/consumables are applied to get max bonus points. ie: every 3% weaker the dragon is than the base gets you a 1% bonus point. There will be no visual telling you what this dragon will get you in bonus points at this time, until the battle results after the battle.
      8) This coming monday after tug of war.

How high will the bases go up to? I assume the 50th base will be full of 48s?
    Frydays

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct bases will go up to the max avail towers in the game.

(1) Defeat a base? 100% or 70%? Does the percentage means something?
    (2) Assume I am at base 5, base 6 is too hard to my dragon but base 7 is affordable, can I check the layout of base 7 first and then decide whether to skip base 6 with rubies?

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      1) 100% Destruction required to have a successful attack. 70% gets you nothing.
      2) This is good feedback, unfortunately you won't be able to preview base 7 layout in the scenario you list. You have to first beat or skip base 6.

You lost me at This Event Requires Energy!
    You lost me again at Monday! Come on, events currently run from Thursday to Tuesday in my timezone!
    Why on earth are we having an energy costing mini-event between main events!

If you think this is a good way to make extra sigils available! Wow

Definitely yet another money grab with little to do with best flyer will be at the top!

Just add it into the event cycle and stop trying to bleed people even more please.

The only good thing I see is that it is based around Original Blackbloods.

Comment

So you get max points for soloing a base with a drag that has a weaker AP than the base's def rating? So if one player uses a 5m drag to beat a 10m base and another player does it with a 4m drag, do they get the same points or does the guy who used a 4m drag get more?
      Thanks, this event sounds really fun, looking forward to it!
      _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• Echo
        Echo commented
        Editing a comment
        The weaker the dragon is the more points you will get, so in this scenario the person who beat with a 4M dragon gets more points.

• Sandberg74
        Sandberg74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Echo is it linear ? or is it in steps ? And can we know the steps if so. Reason, it would be nice to if it would make sense to try once more on a given base, with an even weaker dragon, or it would just results in the same points.

EggToken
      Awesome! This is a fantastic idea, and in my opinion it is a great thing to do for your players. It happens to be my most very favorite event, and I know it has become some what out of sync with the direction the game has taken. But, using it in this way is a nice idea.
      Lots of super negative things on the Forums, but the concept alone is worth saying thank you. It's the game does my something for the people who enjoy playing it.
      I know a lot of players will really enjoy this 😃
      Lu😉

Comment

What I'm curious about with this event is if the dragons we fly against the bases for this mini-event need to be in our main roster. I remember when we did the event where you had to use a specific tier of dragon against a set of bases that you could access all your dragons in that tier through the event window. There was no need to add those old dragons back to your active roster.

The event certainly sounds interesting and it will be a lot of fun to try out.

Comment

• Echo
          Echo commented
          Editing a comment
          Great feedback, for now the dragons will have to be in your roster to use.

• Dakhunter
          Dakhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          So that means we will have some stupid egg missions like deal 7M damage with frigg!!! How are you going to resolve it?
          And does it take time for those dragons to heal like in a regular attack or the dragons will heal themselves after battle?

Since we're in a major event using energy who will have energy left for this minor event except those who spend lots of money in the game. So basically the top in the leader board are the big spenders it seems to me.

Comment

• Echo
          Echo commented
          Editing a comment
          This starts after the major event ends. The major event will now end Monday morning. The Assault event will start shortly thereafter.

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure Echo, but people use their Energy during events, you're sinking more and more requirements into Energy yet you don't make it easy to receive unless we pay for it!

This mini event would be great if it didn't require energy.

• Hogey
          Hogey commented
          Editing a comment
          i got as high as my dragons would allow without using a single energy pack. it's not complicated. just hit once an hour and if you take a break make sure you're at a checkpoint
      Working...
      X