Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

New Assault Mini-Event!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions: Event is lots of fun at the more difficult areas (aka 4x attack power)

I'm a little bit surprised that one of those super nice runes wasn't available as a final tier prize for the personal achievements - the rage one probably;

The ammo and rage mythics are spectacular, but as it is a global reward it is almost guaranteed that only people with emerald dragons unlocked will be able to feature in the top 25.

PG employees: Is it too much to ask for one of the runes to be added to the prize tiers? Even an additional tierr where you have to have a much higher score, or perhaps legendary versions?

-

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely will go back and evaluate prizing and people's desire to participate after this iteration! Hopefully the next iteration event more people will feel good about.

Originally posted by gox1201 View Post

PG employees: Is it too much to ask for one of the runes to be added to the prize tiers? Even an additional tierr where you have to have a much higher score, or perhaps legendary versions?

-

or maybe a sidebar set of prize tiers (in place of the team rankings/rewards tab) that awards different prizes for various progression of annihilation scores? if we're supposed to work harder to try to beat the base with a lower strength dragon, why not encourage that by offering a prize structure for those achievements?

the lower level players with lesser drags can probably get as far as they can get using regen energy, but having a sidebar of annihilation prizes might encourage them to keep working at some of the bases to try to earn another prize (and spend more energy, and maybe money, for PG)

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      I would agree here. Have a separate annihilation prize chain so that people actually work towards those. Right now i don't think that anybody on our team is going to do much besides attack as high as they can with decently leveled dragons since the next tier prize/reward simply isn't worth the energy packs. Having a separate prize run with runes/other items would be a lot of incentive for players to aim for.

This is a recommendation for a future improvement, not this iteration for sure.

• odie1993
      odie1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very good idea Clay.

This new event has messed up the game. My teammates and I keep getting thrown off the game when we back each other up on runs. The game also shows that some of us, when doing a back up run have a slow internet, and the game claims that the attacker lost connection, takes the lead attacker out of the run for that reason. Meanwhile; the second attacker is clearing out the base!

The my achievements prizes are bloody awful, one 15 minute speed up? clearly shows the generosity pg has for this mini event. It costs 1,000 rubies to skip a round. Only 1 energy pack is given out in the individual prizes when you hit 1.03M. PG, why do you hate us so much?

Comment

Worthless PG never helps.. you close other forum topics and never address the problem..

Comment

Comment

• Texreb
          Texreb commented
          Editing a comment
          Still no help from forum or help desk.. what a joke PG's

• Hunibunni
          Hunibunni commented
          Editing a comment
          Myself and several members are also experiencing the 0 points on completion of base.
          As well as the internet connection issue.
          Would like an answer to these problems please Echo
          Last edited by Hunibunni; 06-13-2017, 04:46 AM.

• XDragonizer
          XDragonizer commented
          Editing a comment
          Several of us are having this issue too. Energy lost and got 0 point even though we finished the base 100%. It just happened to me too.

Event seems like it could have been fun, 90% players cant max max the tiers so prizes are so stupid that they are irrelevant. In fact my time is better spent chest hunting as even bronze chests drop better stuff. It looks like it is targeted at top 500 whales to fight for the top 200 global spots. Obviously i am not even inclined to spend my energy packs for these prizes leave alone money.

I don't like the fact that it is energy based nor that there is a timer. I especially don't like that we have to clear the checkpoint (every 5th base) again even though we have cleared it before when the timer resets. The 25% for max points is a bit steep but okay if someone can do it i can accept that.

Shame this was the final outcome.

Here are my suggestions for improvements
        - Keep only 10 prize tiers one for each checkpoint base points with prize tiers as sigils 10,20,30,...,100 anything less is crappy. For context most players will only get to 5th or 6th i.e 50 or 60 sigil prize tier and will earn total of 150~210 sigils.
        - Global leader board is fine, but add a sub league leader board i.e 25*50= 1250 players where top 100 get prize equivalent to league daily tokens
        - Once completed you shouldn't have to redo the checkpoint.

Comment

• Echo
          Echo commented
          Editing a comment
          We will make the adjustment for a future iteration so that checkpoint doesn't have to be re-done after beating it once. This is definitely a reasonable request.

Also we will be reviewing prizing/scoring and making updates!

• PogTheWarrior
          PogTheWarrior commented
          Editing a comment
          How about just removing the checkpoint and the time requirement entirely? It's such a blatant and shameless attempt to get players to spend money on energy. There is no strategic need for it in the event. You might get more people enjoying the event if they didn't feel the need to either cash in their already depleated stash of energy packs, or commit several hours at a time to playing just to guarantee they don't lose their progress, especially since you are running this event mid-week when people have to work.

I am just loling so hard. Its literally imposible for a high level player to get max score.... because no elite maxed red dragon is actually weak enough to get max score on first base. Scrap this and bring back the original tiered black blood event where all kinks and gameplay had already been ironed out and people loved.

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          You do realize you don't need max bonus on every single base to get Max prize tiers right? Max on the top like 10 bases will probably cover you

Basically 2hrs since I posted my problem on forum and longer to help desk.. still no help or response

Comment

• Texreb
          Texreb commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't event get the auto response from help desk😭😭😭

Looking at the prizes on offer for this mini event doesn't motivate me in the slightest to want to participate, let alone spend (used all my energy packs in the last event). Shame, because there is potential for this to be fun.

Comment

It's a funny event and you can play it if you like - no harm if you don't... of course only few people will play because of the prizes. Oh wait no, I really want these 17 hammers. Thinking about the prizes again would be great as nobody wants tower boosts and nobody wants defense tools because we are already sick of getting them in chests.

Comment

I'm surprised to see so many negative opinions on this event, I think it is awesome!! Now I didn't have the reset issues some are reporting which sounds frustrating but it's just hugely refreshing to have an event which is based on skill and doesn't take many hours of grinding and costs a lot of energy, e.g. all bases took less than 200 energy and less than 2 hours to complete. Not all annihilated but enough to beat Gustav. You can then revisit them and try to get better points. Most of all, it is FUN.

Seriously, all of these milestone prizes you wouldn't have had anyway. There is no obligation to participate, i.e. if you don't like it, it won't affect your team rankings if you don't even open the event.

I think sometimes PG can't do right for doing wrong. I for one would like to say thanks and well done PG.

Comment

Actually I just want to add a small gripe. It's annoying having to keep removing and swapping dragons from the den. It would be good to have a setup like Achillas Trials where you can select any dragon, maybe with the attack power noted clearly so you don't have to go into each one and check.

I know, I know.. I'm super lazy.

Comment

• War fan
                War fan commented
                Editing a comment
                Not lazy, sounds like a good idea to me, too.

It IS a pain to swap in/out dragons for use.

I havent seen any special drops or chest drops from these bases.

Comment

• Matcava
                Matcava commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it's just in case you beat some bases with weak dragons

Agree with Indi123 100%, im thrilled at what's been introduced and happy to spend 200 energy and a bit of time to run a mini event. Prizes are fine if you can get through most of it, going to help me with the next event what I've got so far so. I do think the event could have been set up so you could re run bases for the base points if you wanted which would allow lower levels to be able to gain access to the higher points and prizes and the end game players to spend more to fight for the top spots. I understand with all the frustration as I'm the only one in my team that the event is worth running as I can get through 45/50 prizes. if it was restructured so 80% of players could get at least 40/50 everyone should be thrilled, rather then 20%. As Indi123 said though it's a bonus that was never there so if it's not worth it now don't spend anything on it, just enjoy the fact you can gain chests for longer than you could before.
              Last edited by Maticka; 06-13-2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                I think we can't expect a remade or new event to work perfectly on the first attempt.
                I never expect to max personal prizes for completing only 70% or to be globally ranked, especially not for only a handful of energy packs.
                Let's just hope our feedback makes this a really good event that can keep the rotation refreshing and have fun trying to push as far as possible

• EmrahT
                EmrahT commented
                Editing a comment
                @Marez
                Well trying for perfection let us use more energy too... Even so, if not 70% , it shouldnt be impossible for people outside emerald strengh, as the gylph aswell , so people can earn good prizes too. But i agree, lets hope it will be better with feedback !

• Indi123
                Indi123 commented
                Editing a comment
                A correction on my earlier point re emeralds: A teammate of mine stated they beat the level 500 using only Sapphires. Ultimate flying skill? Yes? Easy? No. I'm just saying you don't need to be at the endgame, or even close, in terms of dragon breeding to max this event or even do fairly well. Anyone who is able to max a sapphire which is a fairly large proportion of the player base, can complete all bases if they are good enough at flying. Arguably anyone lower than that shouldn't expect to be able to complete the event, but as Maticka says, can still have fun with it.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion EmrahT , I'm simply expressing my right to disagree with you

Additional note: I would state it would be a colossal mistake for any dragon under the absolute top tier to be wearing a mythic rage or ammo glyph (speaking from someone has a rizar with a mythic rage *sob*). So maybe it's a good thing that Top 25 was closed to those without emerald dragons. Imagine seeing Draco with a mythic rage... yeouch.
                Last edited by Indi123; 06-15-2017, 02:43 AM.

I don't think it should be made easier.

in the previous Black Bloods I was too low a level to even get Dodopyyr. Dang, I would give anything to get another shot at those bases with the dragons I have now 😁

Comment

Working...
              X