Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

New Assault Mini-Event!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for giving us a new event and an iteration of the Blackbloods. I don't mind the energy issue although would prefer it would be capped at 20 refill like that event the other week as a goodwill gesture from PG.

I wish this was a weekend event too. Tug of War is an extremely tedious grind of an event, it would be nice to have that break and throw us this cool new mini-event at the weekend. It's kind of give with one hand, take away with the other.

One thing's for certain, it will be interesting to see where all those self-confessed great fliers who 'farm' (read: hit our weakest bases) our players with Algor land on the leaderboard.

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      The plan for the first iteration at a minimum is that energy cost will only scale so high, not as high as it usually does after buying 20 energy packs. The costing will be similar to what we did in the event several weeks ago.

Originally posted by Indi123 View Post
    One thing's for certain, it will be interesting to see where all those self-confessed great fliers who 'farm' (read: hit our weakest bases) our players with Algor land on the leaderboard.
    Technically, they could pay for just hitting small bases over and over again

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      That won't give them more points, they could only get more item drops that way.
      You don't accumulate points, you overwrite lower points for a base with higher points if you beat it with a weaker dragon. Once you soloed the base with a dragon of max 25% the attack power of the base defense power, you get max points.
      So basically you could get let's say 10 points with a max Emerald dragon but if you use a weaker dragon you could get up to 20 points. That won't add up to 30 but rather overwrites your score of 10 with the score of 20.
      Atleast that's my understanding of this scoring system.

• Sandberg74
      Sandberg74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aah. Makes sense, its friday and I am a bit more slow than normal ๐Ÿ˜

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Marez's interpretation is correct.

I'm on the fence regarding this one. I realize that events need to be designed to make money for PG in some capacity, and this was at least an effort to make a different event for the player base instead of the continually recycled events we've been seeing for over a year now, but there are definitely some concerns.

as already pointed out, why run it in the middle of a week? why not have this replace a major event or a minor event over a weekend?

as already pointed out, why make another energy-use event? then again if they give out some energy in the prize tiers to compensate maybe that will be fine, it's probably better than rubies-only or a new consumable (energy, inner fire, valor, siege weapons, miracles)

where did the 25% drag strength come into play and will we see that calculation in the breakdown of points earned after the base is defeated?

will each base have a different point total, i.e. the harder bases will give more points?

will each base display the min-max points for defeating it?

forgive me for my super-cynical view, but I'm concerned that the dragon strength to base strength calculations will not be done properly

why no team score and rank? believe it or not this type of event often has more team communication than any others, because players actually talk base strategy with one another to try to find the best combination or choice of drags to defeat certain base layouts. team ranking would be a nice indication of which teams have decent fliers... then again considering it's only a 2 day event and in the middle of the week there's likely going to be a problem with participation, since some may travel for work, etc.

why release a "new" version of blackbloods when players have requested for years to simply bring back the old one? we see the exact same KoH, conquer, tug of war (which replaced the old skirmish which also gets requests to come back) events, with barely to no changes (not even to the blackbloods islands), yet we're now on the third to fourth iteration of blackbloods (original, then achilla two versions) and it gets offered not even once a season, when it's the most requested event type there is. again, I understand making money, but it's this history that makes the player base "super cynical" of PGs intentions in everything they do.

especially when the majority of problem threads are ignored while threads about the new event and new dragons get constant attention.

Comment

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      The old Blackbloods event doesn't make money for PG.

In this one, you HAVE to spend energy chests if you want to get anywhere. That means wasting your stock of energy chests, or spending rubies.

It is disingenuous of PG to state that you can just let the energy reset once per hour, because most people don't stay awake for 45 hours straight.

As stated above, if you let the timer expire (at 3 hours), you need to start all over again (back to base 1). Since this "event" runs during the week, people usually work and sleep, so expect not to do well at all in this event unless you have a lot of energy chests and are willing to waste them (or spend rubies).

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      The higher level the base, the more points the base is worth.

You will see a calculation of the points in the battle results tab. click the information button for the detailed calculation.

It is not team based because that only seems to increase the burden of a player feeling like they must participate. As an individual team its up to the individual if they want to participate or not.

In response to War Fan...
      When you let the timer expire... you don't start all over, you only get set back to the most recent checkpoint you completed (every 5th base) so at worst you can be pushed back 4 bases.

• mikeP
      mikeP commented
      Editing a comment
      4 bases is your max energy so ya if you only play 15 mins on lunch break ect ya you will go back to zero. Especially since this will be a weekday event so you cant even use the excuse that you have tons of free time.

Everyone needs to relax about the energy part. You receive 4 energy every hour for free. Meaning you wont be pushed back as long as you log in regularly for a single hit. If you know you can't log in make a point to stop at a checkpoint and let your energy completely refill while you are not logged on. 99% of players will not make it to the 50th base anyways. Those that are strong enough to do it will likely have some energy in their stockpile to do it.

Also remember that this is a personal event and a BONUS one on top of that. So it does not matter how well you do, in no way will it effect your team. So if you can't do well in it, don't worry about it. However far you make it in this mini event, the rewards will benefit you and are rewards you would NOT have been getting had this event not been released.

One thing I would like to know (my apologies if someone already answered this) is how long is this event? More then 47 hours? (is it possible to complete all the rounds without using any energy assuming you dont sleep more than 4 hours and beat every base on the first try?)

Comment

• defpolak
      defpolak commented
      Editing a comment
      Monday thru Wednesday is all we were given. I didn't see a start time on Monday and stop time on Wednesday listed. It would be nice if it start right after the current event ends and ends right before the next event. I would wager a guess you'll get the 47 hours needed.

And remember you can skip a base using rubies so that will cut an hour off the time each time you buy a win.

Edit - If it's not long enough and you don't want to buy more energy and you feel like you can clear all 50, I suggest buying earlier rounds as the points and possible bonus points are lower. And I would assume it's a cheaper ruby cost for the lower levels compared to the higher levels.
      Last edited by defpolak; 06-09-2017, 09:13 AM.

I would prefer that you wont need to win all 50 bases to max your rewards... In older times with this 40 stages event it was like that... after you got 28/40 that times, 70% , you got the max tier.

Ok the succesrate can be higher then the last time... but i think its too high,.... Because we cant get additional points.
    On the other hand, its nice to have a event like that back. Maybe the rewards after every fight are worth it for good!
    Last edited by EmrahT; 06-09-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• RayRay
      RayRay commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that mean that completing all 50 bases is only an option for lv150+ seeing as they go up and low levels are stuck repeating the same bases over and over again? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      RayRay
      Well how it seems the most wont be able to complete all 50 bases, but probably 50 bases arent necessary to get most prices, or even max prices.
      Lets see what will it be

• Goober
      Goober commented
      Editing a comment
      RayRay that's pretty much right. A player with on green tier dragons won't be able to complete all 50 bases. And also, that player won't have to keep doing the same bases over and over. That's not how the points system works in this. If you defeat a base with all 48 towers with emerald dragons, you will get less points than you would if you took it with garnet dragons. The only way to get more points is to redo a base with a weaker dragon. No extra points for taking it with the same strength dragons.

Several people have said this so I'm just adding my vote:
    1) This needs to happen on a weekend, not during the middle of the week. I understand why you don't want to replace a regular event. Having it at the same time as a breeding event would be ideal IMO.
    2) Having to switch dragons in and out of our roster is going to be a huge issue- not just because of egg missions. This should be set up the way the last event was where we had access to these dragons in the event area separate from our roster. OR if dragons used in the event healed immediately, that would work too. Then we could swap them out quickly and not have to deal with a bunch of low level drags filling up our roster while they heal.
    3) And I don't think this one has been said before: I would prefer that we have tiers where we can only use a certain color of dragon to defeat a certain group of bases, rather than this 25% thing. That makes it too difficult to calculate what you're going to get for your trouble. And since you don't have a way to see what percentage your dragon is, you could be using a dragon who is less than 25%, etc... I can see it's going to be very frustrating just trying to figure out which dragon to use and many hits are going to be wasted.

Finally- kudos to PG for bringing back Blackbloods in some format. There has to be some motivation for people to level up non-divines past breeding level. This is what the game should really be about. Building up the strength of our "flock" and then putting them to the test!

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Every base shows you the Defense Power of the base. You can look in your roster to see the attack power of your dragon, and unfortunately you will need to do the quick .25 * Base Defense level to determine if that dragon can get you max points.

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that is what i do anyways every single run Echo so it doesn't look like it should be a problem here...I don't think that we are flying blind at all. We may need to exit the attack screen in order to load a different dragon, but that is just part of the event.

• JennyD
      JennyD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for clarifying! That will make things a lot easier. Looking forward to it!

Echo not sure if this has been asked but did not see it. How often will energy be reset during this event?

Comment

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Daily per usual... but the cost of energy doesn't scale as high as in other major events.

I gotta ask:

Echo

In an earlier response you stated that the max level aka stage 50 will be max towers.

Here is my issue with that:

I have some gold leg dragons and a lvl 15 sage. How am I supposed to beat a all caplvl tower base?

I mean is this an event for max lvl only players? I don't get it? How is the average player like me supposed to get anywhere? Or did I get something wrong?

In other words: Can a regular player like myself even entirely finish the reward section for this event or am I just eventually sit there and hit a brick wall? Sure doesn't sound fair or fun to me.

Regards
    Last edited by Ohotastic; 06-09-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup this will be fun to see just how far you can make it. I am guessing i'm going to get less than halfway through the event because i'm only level 123, so i'm going to try and go full force as far as i can as fast as i can until i hit said wall, then work my way optimizing my runs at my leisure when i'm not in the time crunch period of needing to defeat 5 bases without taking a 3+ hour break.

• SilentOne
      SilentOne commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep you are correct.
      That's what would make Blackbloods fun if they had it in the rotation.
      This time round you might get to level 15, next time it came round you will have bigger dragons so how much better will you do.

In theory Blackbloods is a good idea. Unfortunately PG doesn't see it the same way we do so they have to keep tweaking it.

This event should be fun, but the additional costs will drain resources unnecessarily.

As others have said, get as far as you can, then start to challenge your flying skills by trying to get further with alternative strategies.
      Or do better on bases using different dragons etc.

Skill and strategy should be the focus of this event, I've not reached the end of any version of Blackbloods, but it's still my favourite event out of all of the mundane flying we do for points.
      Last edited by SilentOne; 06-09-2017, 06:29 PM.

• Ohotastic
      Ohotastic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the helpful comments (no sarcasm)

So basically I was looking at it the wrong way.
      It isn't a: Must make it to the top event but more like a "trial of ascension" kinda thing where you "build a team" and get further from one time to the other?

That is actually nice then. Don't like the quad hourly reset much though in terms of "falling back" since I have exams and oughta study a ton but still that sounds good then.

Thank you @all for clarifying that

I was rather thrown off by the initial event and detail announcement (in hindsight).

Well then best of luck to you all!

Most of us work for a living, this is how we afford to play games like this. Are you going to speak to my boss and explain to him why I need to stop work every 3 hours to play War Dragons? Concept sounds okay, but dropping back to last checkpoint if you don't play for 3 hours, REALLY! Who's dumb idea was that?

Comment

• Munt415
      Munt415 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right it's really hard to finish 5 bases and then get off before you have to work....

EggToken
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    Can we talk about WHAT TIME exactly is the current event then going to end so I don't end up losing all my stockpiled energy for that last Tug of War run only to find the board isn't there anymore and we have moved to the next event ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• Spooky
      Spooky commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a countdown clock at the bottom of the event tower that shows you the event time remaining down to the minute it ends.

• RayRay
      RayRay commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah like the countdown when the leagues were supposed to end and instead we got shuffled in the middle of 3 wars and shuffled during event results which resulted in different event placement and prizes from the original result. So at the moment I don't trust PG following even their own timers... ๐Ÿ˜

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      Events have always ended at the end of that timer, and will continue that way. They have always been extremely consistent at doing so.

If you are rolled back to your previous checkpoint, do you lose all the points you have earned too? and the prizes too?

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a very good question. I would hope that you would keep your progress but it would just be harder to hit the next target since you have to redo some attacks

• Dakhunter
      Dakhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think you will lose the prize. But you will waste energy to hit those bases again before you reach to the next check point

Event online...

Beat first base with Hext... just 1070 points... possible 1000-1300 hmm

Comment

What happened to 3 hours before push back. It is now only 15 minutes.

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        The first one is 15m. But after the second one, you have 3hr push back time

you expect people to give any effort for these shitty prizes? It just astonishes me how badly you guys fuck up our favorite event every time you put it out.

Comment

I thought the blackbloods pushed back after 3 hours? Mine is showing them pushing me back if I don't attack for 15 minutes after my last attack

Comment

• EmrahT
          EmrahT commented
          Editing a comment
          if you reach the level 28 opponent its 3h
      Working...
      X