Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what I've noticed is that it will be extremely difficult for f2p players to progress as you have 16 Max energy and 5 bases costing 4 energy each needed to hit your checkpoint. You need 20 energy to do that, and if you don't make the checkpoint within the 3 hour period you get booted back to your last checkpoint. So f2p players have to do their 4 runs and then wait until you accumulate another 4 energy just to hit the checkpoint and that's assuming you beat the bases first go.

This game is a big enough money sink as it is. PG has no respect for its player bases hard earned dollar.

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
      Marvin Lamb commented
      Editing a comment
      So, you have roughly 4 attacks to start (16 energy) and gain 2 attacks (8 energy earned in 2 hours) before the reset. Very tight.

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      What I'm suggesting is the same as how you build up a bonua meter in events. Attack ONE time. Wait a period of time (roughly an hour here) then attack one more time. Then wait an hour. Then attack one more time. Each time you simply wait for full energy to be restored.

It didn't say that your base gets pushed back every 3 hours, it said that it gets pushed back if you do not attack for 3 consecutive hours.

Strategy or something like that

• Kittens
      Kittens commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not a very tight requirement, when you're regaining the energy for 3 attacks in the time you need to do one. Even if you blow all your energy instantly(4 consecutive attacks, then need a 5th for the checkpoint), that means you have a 2 hour window (1h for energy to regenerate, 3h for the attacks to expire)

I would also hope (not that I'd count on it, lol) that spending an energy pack for 4 extra attacks would pay for itself in those end of attack random prizes, as long as you're not pushing into extreme costs.

Maybe they should add a bit more energy packs to chest drops. I opened 40 golds and got 20 energy.... if the game is based on energy. Maybe we should have more... just a thought. 50 dollars for 20 energy packs. Pissed

Comment

Will the cost of buying energy increase like in normal energy event or it will stay at a flat rate 16 energy = 1 pack?

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Echo, please provide some feedback on this since you are replying to other posts

Echo EggToken

So the event runs for three days (you're calling it a mini event) Whereas a major event currently lasts from Thursday to Tuesday (in my timezone).
      In your main post and responses to people you are indicating we have a 3 hour window where scores remain high, so it's fine to wait for energy to naturally regenerate and still have time to hit at the highest points value. Does this approach actually give us enough time to reach level 50 within the length of the event?

Just curious, have you taking into account, people sleep? What about the fact that people work?
      Have you considered we need Energy for two events a month as it is?

If I make it to level 25 this week, do I start from level 1 next week? Or do I continue to build on from where I got to last time? How often will the mini event run? Is it every week?

In one version of Blackbloods we had a time limit which we could reduce with rubies! That was the best approach to this event I ever saw. Please consider removing yet another energy drain and bringing back the time limit between each hit. We don't need the bonus points. If you truly want to make this event about the best flyer then please stop adding so many additional requirements and costs just to be able to participate.

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        odie1993 on the Get More Energy! screen if you don't have anymore energy packs it shows you how much you can spend in rubies.
        ie 1 energy pack = 200 rubies 2.3k rubies = 10 energy packs.

• Echo
        Echo commented
        Editing a comment
        This event is not team based and was intentionally made that way so that if you feel overburdened with all the wars and events... you don't have to feel a sense of obligation to your team to participate in this one. Additionally the prize payouts are considerably less than total payouts in regular events, so missing an event or two won't shouldn't put you in a huge hole.

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure, except that we now need to get as many sigils as possible in order to get decent dragons!

You guys have a very loose grip on the reality of how much time is actually required to keep our heads above water in this game.
        Granted I am slowly doing less and less simply because you are requiring more and more. It's out of control.

But every time you tell us what we don't need to participate in you add insult to injury.

Why can't there be significant ruby rewards in these drops? I spend money on this game and even I am getting sick how many xp points it takes to level high tier dragons. I agree paying players are favored in all the events. Gaining without buying, especially with yhe higher level dragons and bases can be frustrating. I play to relax, not be frustrated.

Comment

Echo

Has PG considered the player burnout that will occur by having these mini-events in between other events??
        Essentially in the weeks these mini events occur, there will be NO respite - event every single day).

Also with the new restructure more wars are going to be occurring, which means more time requirements from players in order to remain in their teams and not drop to a lower league. This is in a game with already intense time requirements if you want to be competitive.

I think this is really dangerous territory, taking us back to 2004 where MMO players wereconsidered basement dwellers with no life - and a lot of them actually were because of the time spent in game.

As others suggested, one of the following would have been far better options:

1. Have mini event occur within an actual fort or breed event (ie at same time)

2. Have the mini events added to the minor event rotation and widen the gap slightly between breed & fort events. Ie Breed-Major-Mini-Major-Fort

Comment

So the global prizes only count for the top 1k players as they do in major events? So this means those of us who have no hope of event ranking in the major events will still have no hope in this one. Will there at least be a set of prizes based on points earned as there are in major events?

Comment

So in other words, we have no break in between events... 😀

Comment

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you stated wrong. We can have break. But PG wants to deplete all of our source of money (salary/kidneys/wives/kids)

• WolfDemonsPup
              WolfDemonsPup commented
              Editing a comment
              Dak, haven't you visited a loan shark yet? No wonder I passed you by. 😂😂 And yes, this is a fake name so they can't find my base and repo it while kneecapping me.

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              👍😂👍 WolfDemonsPup

Echo This seems great minus the energy. Can you please increase the size of packs for energy and decrease the amount per refill? I think it's a little disingenuous to call it blackbloods if you need to use energy

Comment

Compiled all of Echo's responses so far - quotes = copy paste, rest is paraphrasing

Start Time: The new event starts shortly after the end of capture the flag, which ends Monday morning in the US.
              Frequency: It’ll occur often, but the final schedule hasn’t been set yet.
              Wars: Wars can be declared during it.

Energy & Checkpoint
              This is an energy event that regens like the rest of them - free set of 16 energy at a rate of 1 per 15 minutes and costs 4 energy per attack. (no response yet on packs). You must get 100% destruction; anything less = nothing. Dragons must be on the roster to use them. Edit: Checkpoints do not reset down to 1; that's only between events, was a huge misreading on my part. If the timer expires, it goes back to the most recent checkpoint, every 5th base.

Bases & Drops
              Bases will go up to the max level currently in-game and can be re-run as many times as you’d like with a chance at special drops each time. You can only view bases that have been unlocked - can't preview in advance. Chances for the special drops increases as you progress through the ladder. Once you reach maximum points, you can’t get any extra points for global/personal progression, so it’s just for special drop chance. “Caveat we will be evaluating all these drop amounts and probabilities after the event to see how it performed.”

"Your dragon attack power needs to be 25% of that of defense power of the base after all boosts/consumables are applied to get max bonus points. ie: every 3% weaker the dragon is than the base gets you a 1% bonus point. There will be no visual telling you what this dragon will get you in bonus points at this time, until the battle results after the battle." If more than one dragon is used, it's the total attack power of all dragons used.

Counter to pay-to-win:
              “In this event, you actually have to beat bases with dragons weaker than the base you are attacking to get the bonus points. You will not win the global leaderboard without being able to fly all your dragons well as there are 50 bases to try to beat with weaker dragons. You will need to pull out your entire roster of dragons and fly them all well to master this event.

Not to mention this event only have 50 bases, so if you can do all 50 attacks effectively you can get event max points with only 200 energy spent.”

Comment on Summer Dragons: “[...]the attack power and HP of dragons in this season are stronger than that of all previous seasons.”
              Last edited by ITIL; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by ITIL View Post
                The checkpoint resets to 1 after no attacks have been made in three hours.
                I think you have to edit that line according to Echo's statement:

Originally posted by Echo
                When you let the timer expire... you don't start all over, you only get set back to the most recent checkpoint you completed (every 5th base) so at worst you can be pushed back 4 bases.

• ITIL
                ITIL commented
                Editing a comment
                MareZ Thanks, I was writing this late and did some crazy misread on "Additionally right now, every time the event is run you will reset at level 1." - completely different o.0

This event would perfectly fit with a breeding event (Thursday to Monday) and the breeding event takes a maximum of 2 hours to complete.
              Likewise, it would fit well with a fortification event. Please consider this instead of trying to fit it between other events.

Comment

You couldnt bring back the original black bloods event instead of this crappy energy eating event? One where if you litterally dont sit in front of the tablet all day, ie work for a living, or spend rubies you will literally get no where in the event because your progress will get reset if you dont wait around for energy to recharge...

Comment

Originally posted by odie1993 View Post
                  Echo where can we buy energy with rubies? I have never seen this in game. I see where we can play the lottery in the chests and hope we get energy but that is not the same thing. Buying energy with rubies is fine. Playing lottery in hopes of advancing is not. Using rubies to speed up a clock so you can attack the next base, awesome. Not allowing that, most likely will suck.

I will reserve judgment on this new event until it runs. However, i concur with every player that has posted about it that this should run on the weekends as a separate minor event or run along with the breed/fort events.
                  Same exact place you tap to "refill" your energy. If you are out or don't have enough energy packs you use rubies for energy.

Comment

Not sure if I am excited or not - at least we gotta try before judging.

What I didn´t understand is this - leading to my questions:

So you can fly a base only with 1 Dragon? If that one fails (or kills only 95%) a second can´t do the cleanup?

Echo said that for full Points on a base you need a Dragon having 25% strength of base defense power. I gotta say that IS quiet challenging imo (specially in lower tiers), of course depending on base layout. My question is if those bases have farms? Because if yes in higher tiers there is NO WAY that a 25% Dragon can kill those lvl40+ farms even if he cleaned the whole base before.

Comment

• Mechengg
                      Mechengg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I understand it to be the SUMMATION of the three dragon attack powers (including boosts) / base defense power to get the final % and point rating.

"
                      What is taken into account when attacking bases?
                      The calculation compares your dragon’s attack rating against the defense power rating of the base. Boosts affecting your dragon are counted in this figure. If you use more than one Dragon, then the sum of those Dragons’ attack rating is used.
                      "
                      Last edited by Mechengg; 2 weeks ago.

• Spooky
                      Spooky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I must have missed this detail, thanks Mech 👍🏼

• Mechengg
                      Mechengg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No worries mate

Echo plesse make sure we do not get token missions for dragons below our maximum tier unlocked.

I don't want to be losing token missions and spend rubies just because Kinmara needs to do 4 million damage - when I am already in Garnet tier.

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
                      Marvin Lamb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LMAO, of course you will get those missions!!
                      Great point though!

• Dakhunter
                      Dakhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      or do the suicide spell 8 times. lol

• PogTheWarrior
                      PogTheWarrior commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Echo You people have the ability to allow us to select dragons outside of our roster for an event like this, you've done it before. Why were you unable or unwilling to do it this time?

This is just typical of the lack of care or foresight you folks have been putting in to this game in general lately.
                  Working...
                  X