Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NEW + Branches 3 & 4] Summer Season Dragons and Spells!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMAZING I honestly expected worse dragons; clearly the dragon to go for is Kinnarus since she is basically a beast, possibly even better than the new mythic but I like the new additions.

Now what I found most interesting is the new Flak tower resist, does this mean that new runes will be coming this month? Pixxel EggToken

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
      MikeGoN2GetU commented
      Editing a comment
      Unlikely, if they have not added Ice and Fire resist runes i do not see why they would add Flax resist runes.

• DracolichKing
      DracolichKing commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know about runes, probably not.
      But I think that means new ice/fire flak cannon will be out in the next fortification event.
      Based on PG, no top dragons can be unstoppable more than 2 weeks. So new towers are needed to stop these beasts.

If the mythic dragon is a sorcerer, shouldn't it use Reverse Projectiles instead of Invert?

Comment

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Kelvin has invert. And he's a sorcerer.

• PhoebeDoragon
      PhoebeDoragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Since when do Divines follow he class only spells rule? Sage hs Thunderstorm, which is a Sorc Spell, new warrior has invincibility shield which is a Sorc spel, Borgean has upgraded chain, which is a Sorc Spell, Tengu and Fae have upgraded havoc, which is a hunter spell, the list goes on.

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, cool. I always thought Invert was limited to hunters for some reason.
      Actually, long ago, we had wanted to try to limit certain spells to only specific dragon classes to make them "feel" more different, but that really limited us on what new dragons could do, and would ultimately just require a ton of new spells all the time (which might sound cool, but is very costly in terms of time to develop). So now, spells aren't as limited by class, but we think it helps balance out the different classes a bit more by giving them more options.

I have no idea which of the magnificent beasts I shall pick. 🙄

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      I know me either!

I'm going to have to wait until I see all three dragons fight against tough war bases for me to decide. I can only do one full branch this season so I'm going to pick wisely

• A1R
      A1R commented
      Editing a comment
      Well definitely not the warrior of that helps.

Borg can be a great dragon (both lead and follow) as with runes you can get his healing mark up to 200%-ish per mark.

Kinn kicks some serious ass with Dodo and the red spell.

I actually think all dragons are great this season, but for me warrior comes last this time.

EggToken What the hell are you thinking!?!? Everyone should be entirely pissed to high heavens about these new dragons. Bend over everyone and get ready to be violated by Zamrok because no matter what you do, you won't be able to shoot this dragon down. Enjoy screwing everyone over PG, especially those who have worked hard to get strong defenses. All of you like me are never going to be able to stop this dragon. You might as well throw your mage towers in storage cuz they aren't going to do shit against a dragon that can block any supershots. Oh go ahead spend your money getting more flak cannons...it won't matter because guess what they released a dragon with a flak resist AND INVERT! You'd think we would've learned our lesson with nightshade but apparently we are going to make these dragons so overpowered it's ridiculous. You are going to be losing lots of players and I hope killing the game is what you want cuz that's exactly what is going to happen. In just a couple months, the only dragons that will be used will be zamrok and merkt and their is no way to stop them.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
      MikeGoN2GetU commented
      Editing a comment
      Chill people, these dragons are not game changing.

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it's a good thing that you can get Zamrok for yourself too to retaliate against any pesky raiders torching your base! To be very clear: I am in no way intending to downplay the frustration of a super-strong dragon wreaking havoc on your base--we've all experienced that at one time or another. However, War Dragons is a game where the action and excitement of attacking an opponent is what's fun about the player vs. player gameplay, so naturally strong dragons is the way to support this. The defense mini-game is not as complex as attacking. Is it perfect? Clearly not. However, we want to emphasize the "War" and "Dragons" aspects of the game to stay true to theme.

• elements1
      elements1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Invert was only OP because it was on a hunter

can anyone remind me, does flak tower count as a projectile?

Comment

• Flames0
      Flames0 commented
      Editing a comment
      "What does this cannon do, and what’s its Super Shot?
      The Dark Flak Cannon does very high damage but has a short attack range. Its Super Shot is a ranged stun with bonus damage, similar to the Trebuchet. Its attack is not a projectile, so it cannot be Invert/Reverse Projectiles."

• Thatguy472
      Thatguy472 commented
      Editing a comment
      But elemental mayhem causes it to turn on the other elemental towers. Very nice watching them battle it out while you kill it haha

• Pixxel
      Pixxel commented
      Editing a comment
      It counts as Elemental type.

I think this season made a big 180° turn and offers very promising dragons, great skillsets and interesting dragon designs that bring back many favourite dragon looks!

Just one minor question:

The spell description of Superheated Breath* says "3 second buff causing Flamethrower to deal 65% more damage for 5 seconds."
    *Superheated Breath is receiving (...) duration boosts: (...) 3s -> 5s (...).

I assume since the duration was boosted to 5sec it should say: "5 second buff causing Flamethrower to deal 65% more damage". Would that be correct?
    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      lmao sorry Echo
      As long as it works in game we are all happy

• NoCover
      NoCover commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also concerned about the language used in the Superheated Breath spell description. Sometimes these forum posts are all we have to hold PG accountable, and I would hate to see PG eventually nerf this spell back down to 3s and dare leverage this vague language as some sort of justification for doing so.

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, yes, the correct text should just say that it buffs flamethrower to 65% damage for 5s. I've updated the post. Sorry about that!

The warrior looks awesome. I really like the design and the spell set appears to be solid. Of course, seeing Superheated Breath had me worried at first because it is very weak on Anapa, etc. and not worth the rage cost on Abraxxas. But I was relieved to learn the spell is being given a buff, a big deal because it is the only offensive spell Zamrock has. The two defensive spells are without a doubt excellent, and make up for the 'limited' offensive ability. Owning another event dragon with Ice Turret resist will be semi annoying; however, it is an excellent passive spell to have and it actually makes sense to put it on Zamrock. Nice work on this one, PG.

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      The way i see it, Zamarok would start off using Mystic Winds to block the initial onslaught of mage supershots. Then once he has targetted and killed the blue mage towers he would be able to simply use Northern lights, shielding all attacks and gathering rage at the end. He would use this combo to get through the entire base, then would have ample rage left to use superheated breath to take down high level farms.

This dragon looks very well put together and tough, i doubt even my base could AI defend against him solo at a comparable level and i can take on some good as fucking dragons. If i defended i honestly wouldn't even know where to start, i'd have to hit him with Flak and lightning and fire turret supershots. It also might make me change out my rear red mage for a blue to prevent more shielding once my front blue mage is down.

• DracolichKing
      DracolichKing commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with you guys. I'm actually quite exciting about the warrior.
      It is the first warrior that can entirely ignore first round of mage supershots without extra spell boosts, which is super awesome.
      I think the problem is whether the dragon can survive and destroy the blue mage in the first 4s.
      If he survived the supershots from fire+ice+flak (with storm shield protection) and destroyed the blue mage. He then is almost unstoppable with nearly unlimited rage and shield (And equip vampiric touch can restore his health to full easily).
      (Ignored lightning here, to me If I found a base has 3+ high lvl lightning together, lightning resist is almost a must have boost)
      But if he failed, destroy one or two mage/storm and leave lots of rage for the next dragon is still not bad.
      So I think he would be a not bad leading and clean up
      Last edited by DracolichKing; 4 weeks ago.

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what I think aswell. Also he might even have enough rage to keep Superheated Breath permanently on.
      I guess to stop him as well as many other dragons, you might need a Storm+Flak+Blue combo while using supershots only on Storm and Flak and keeping the Flak and Blue near the Storm for the shield. A Fire Turrent supershot or double Blues will certainly help, or Lightning Towers to force him to use LT Resist instead of VT.
      I assume it will be a super strong dragon and probably the first warrior divine I'll ever get, but it can be stopped.

Ice resist is a great resist. However why every dragon has it these days?

Comment

And the winner is still Kinnarus in my books. Sorry PG for previously raging about the spell changes... she's a beast now 💪

Comment

So...I could be wrong but here is what I have seen this week. There are a lot of issues with hacking and PG has let people back into the game based on how badly you hack? And now you have more attempts to make the game about nothing but money. White death gaze and white windwall that deflects mage towers...so essentially you are subsidizing the lack of skill with just buying the divines? EggToken , am I missing something?
        Last edited by Panda; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          CampusLifer replied to your concern in the original thread right below your post

Hmmmm, weren't these dragons suppose to come out July 6th or 7th or something like that? Not complaining, as I had a very strong feeling that the Warrior would be an Amarok offshoot. And am also glad that I decided to hold off on spending any Sigils.

For me Zamrok is a little under-whelming compared to Amarok.

Amarok came equipped with 2 resists, Canon and Archer. For the levels where Amarok was applicable, Canon and Archer were arguably the toughest towers to face. Amarok also came with Cure Poison, nullifying another Tower, and Explosive shield.

In short, Amarok was a defensive tank.

While I can appreciate that Zamrok has an offensive spell, my experience with Abraxxas has me tempering expectations. Also, as a sequel to Amarok, I was half-expecting to see both Fire AND Ice Turret Resist.

Superheated Breath
        Northern Lights (Dark)
        Fire Turret Resist
        Ice Turret Resist

blah blah blah unstoppable.... As was Amarok for quite a few Levels.

Overall though, this will be the one that I am going to sink my Sigils into.

Comment

• NUM1PHAT
          NUM1PHAT commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't get me wrong DracolichKing, I like what Zamrok has, just saying that the above is more inline with what I was thinking an Amarok variant would have (as far as resists), and my "under-whelming" feeling is purely based on what I was thinking prior and my experience with Abraxxas and Superheated Breath. LoL

Still going to get him.

• DracolichKing
          DracolichKing commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, got you buddy~ Yep, double resist should be on all A~Z+marok. lol~~

• EmrahT
          EmrahT commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand that you had fun with Amarok that days.... but as people was dissappointed with Kinnarus change, because they wanted remember the old version with in... so this Zamrok is by far greater...

His mystical wind is a kind of explosive shield... so its a shield , a even stronger shield...So northern lights aswell... but this double combination safes rage and give you time to destroy that magetower... The only extra is superheated breath...
          Fireresist is not that great as you think, because of the mystical windwall... and this tower lost his state from start anyway...

Zamrok is a deserved evolution of Amarok!

Ice doesn't do much damage, I'd like to see more of useful resists like Fire and Dark Flak.

Comment

• EmrahT
          EmrahT commented
          Editing a comment
          Fireturret is a projectile based and slow weapon, probably thats why its not that effective ?

So, in the descriptions on here, Kinnarus' shield is cancelled by blue mage tower. Zamrok's northern lights doesn't say this. Tengu's northern lights gets cancelled by blue mage towers. Will Zamrok's be cancelled or not? I just thought it was interesting it doesn't say it in the description.

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol why do people expect each season dragon to completely wipe each base. If invincibility shield was white it would be the ultimate spell. You would take zero damage for 7 seconds.

It is a blue spell. It will cancel it's effect when you get within range. That is a pretty basic theory, not sure why you would think otherwise.

You also have a white spell with mage shot blockers on it, what else do you want on a dragon? Seriously.

• GodofNoobz
          GodofNoobz commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not just equip a white thunderstorm spell that hits all the islands at the same time lol.

I'm not sure why people want one dragon that is a solo machine. The game allows you to use 3-5 dragons so a tough base should technically take 3-5 dragons to destroy with defenders.

If you just needed one dragon to solo any base ever build well there wouldn't be much point of needing 3-5 dragons or planning or strategy.

The warrior is amazing, it can go in and clear majority of the mages, making it a easy sweep for your wing.

• EggToken
          EggToken commented
          Editing a comment
          To answer the question: yes, Northern Lights Dark will be cancelled by a Blue Mage Tower with it being a Blue spell, as per the norm. Thanks for pointing it out, Solymr! I've updated the post for clarity.

I hope PG could do better with the ice resist.

Comment

• Owlrager
          Owlrager commented
          Editing a comment
          Outside of flak resist, I think ice is the next best resist he could possibly have. He has windwall for fire turrets, the rest can be equipped.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed with Owl. I don't know why so many people are complaining, those are seriously the best divines since last Fall Season.

of the 2 warriors for the summer season, which is the best?

Comment

• gox1201
          gox1201 commented
          Editing a comment
          Zamrok by a mile

• EmrahT
          EmrahT commented
          Editing a comment
          Compared to Zamrok , ... Drakius is like a epic class dragon! A huge difference... ( even so PG didnt change Darkius when wished)

• GodofNoobz
          GodofNoobz commented
          Editing a comment
          The half price dragon should never be better than the full price dragon.

The half price dragon is just there to give a decent dragon to players that don't play much or spend any money.
      Working...
      X