Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless event prizes are scaled according to league and token missions are increased, these changes appear to be for one purpose only... revenue. PG noticed teams sandbagging in sapphire and getting easy individual and team progress so they restructured the leagues to make all of the teams compete against teams of similar ranks. that means players in diamond 2 and sapphire 1/2 are now going to have to battle high level players in all of the PvP events, using up more heals and boosts and add-ons, and some players will now get less points due to having to hit lower list targets on the menu.

I like the idea of competing against similar teams, and I'm not whining, just pointing out what it looks like to me. but, if we're going to be "forced" to work harder for prizes, then make the prizes worth the effort, that's all we've ever asked.

I'm no code monkey, but it makes sense to me to just apply the same league and subleage modifier to all of the individual prizes for the events (or at least the PvP ones) and maybe even the token missions. PG has already pissed off the middle class by making their minor spending not worthwhile anymore, this might entice them to pony up again; and it's unlikely to affect the bottom line from the whales because they'll still spend to get new stuff asap and spend to max events and compete on the global leaderboard

what PG should really do is offer up some unique stuff on the global leaderboard, that's what I see in a lot of other games based around team/individual/attack basis... put an exclusive rune or something up there that you can only get via global rank. right now global is almost a joke for what's spent vs what is gained.

Comment

I think it still needs work, so I'm hoping that there is still more to come and this isn't the end of their 'grand interpretation' of the original proposal. Either the personal prizes need to be scaled by not only League but Sub league or the team rewards need to be worked on, increased and dependent on your League & Sub League.

there need to be a reason for teams to put the effort in and fight. That effort needs to be rewarded. As it stands the amount of consumable used in events and wars at the top end of the game far outweighs the prizes. That is part of what started the sandbagging culture in the game which has caused a decline.

It it is called War Dragons, it's about time they make it worth the effort to war. Make teams look up to the league above and go 'I want those rewards and I'm going to fight to get them'. Instead of 'I'll get pretty much the same rewards a hell of a lot easier with next to no effort by sinking a league or two...' which is what the game has defended to.

Comment

• Psa
        Psa commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point Jess. I have to say I prefer doing exactly that, seeing the rewards and working for them. Too many times you see teams staying or dropping leagues for this reason.

[QUOTE=Dragon Punch;n132527]Dragon Lords,

Following today’s server maintenance, we have made the following changes:

* We have added/updated sub-leagues.

* Changed the way daily egg tokens are paid out. Starting tomorrow June 7th PST new daily egg token payouts will be based on your sub-league ranking.

* War egg token payouts will be updated based on sub-league.

* The max quantity for War egg token payouts have been updated and active now. (please note, these are still altered by the difference in global ELO rating).

@DragonPunch
      These numbers are COMPLETELY FLAWED AND MAKE TEAMS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROGRESS.

So I have drafted up new numbers which actually make this game competitive and fair.

Diamond 1-50: 50 Teams
      Sapphire 51-850: 799 Teams
      Platinum 851-2000: 1149 Teams
      Gold 2001-5000: 2999 Teams
      Silver-5001-7200: 2199 Teams
      Bronze 7201- Infinity

This is the numbers which you have stated
      Note this isn't divided into subleagues but this is the leagues which are fair entirely with how many teams are on the game.
      NOT YOUR HORRID VERSION
      Here is the horrid verson
      "Currently
      Diamond: 1-50: 50 Teams
      Saphire: 51-275: 224 Teams
      Platinum: 276-1175 899 Teams
      Gold: 1176-4175 2999 Teams
      Silver: 4176-7175 2999 Teams
      Bronze: 7176- Infinite Infinite Teams"

Do you see the difference. As a leader of a old platinum team I was getting 300 egg tokens a day, now I'm getting 225 which is a significant hit. Almost everyone is reacting poorly to this subleagues thing. It takes away all motivation for players because the people in the upper level teams will remain and it will be almost impossible to EVER PROGRESS. Before, any team could get to Sapphire if they earn it through warring. Now only 224 teams get that privilege. It is unfair and the people hate it. Everyone gets less unless you are an elite which you get more. So because the higher teams get more, they will always stay there since they have the speed ups and egg tokens to get the best dragons/highest levels. With the Archangel's numbers, there is actually room for 799 teams in Sapphire instead of 224 teams. Thus prizes are distributed fairly throughout every team, and it won't be impossible to progress. What these numbers are is taking the teams out of Silver instead of Sapphire and platinum. This benefits all, the elite teams will still get there better prizes but there is much more room to grow and develop. The competition is actually fair for all this way and not rigged.
      Last edited by ArchangelEyes; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you come up with these "fair" numbers. Curious what type of mathematical models you have done up for this or if you are just throwing out numbers for the fun of it

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the ratings of each of those teams that are around those placements and judged them accordingly using division as well as looking into teams that have points which are similar to the points of the previous system. 850 is a guild rank of approximately 1430. If you are going to split up everyone the least they could do is split it fairly. These numbers are the simpliest, fairest, less complicated number pattern you can do and competition can actually be fair.

Going by what the new system my team NewDA should be in Gold 2 not in Gold 3 with the rating 1730. To be honest I do not like this new system so I recommend archangeleyes version or go back to the old system.

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        Two brand new posters posting the same thing. Not suspicious at all haha

The ELO ranking (global rank) was bugged last week, they didn't account for tied teams in the ranking. So in all reality you were technically rated higher than 1730 but it just wasn't showing correctly. Echo looked into this and apparently fixed it, check next week for your overall rating and placement to make sure it got corrected properly. (for reference, it said we were rank 100, their scale showed we were actually ranked 108 so there were 8 teams above us with tied rating scores). If there are 8 ties per 100 teams, then there are going to be quite significant changes the lower you go.

Also, you have 36/50 players and 39% activity...high level players but try getting a few more fillers and move your way up

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not a new user the forums were bugged for me until quite recently. I didn't need to use complex mathematical equations to fairly split up people so they all don't get there forward progress destroyed.

Originally posted by ArchangelEyes View Post
      Before, any team could get to Sapphire if they earn it through warring. Now only 224 teams get that privilege. It is unfair and the people hate it. Everyone gets less unless you are an elite which you get more.

This benefits all, the elite teams will still get there better prizes but there is much more room to grow and develop. The competition is actually fair for all this way and not rigged.
      Firstly, that was the PROBLEM. Literally anyone with an active person and 40 other meat shields could get to Sapphire. It was insanely easy and caused a severe oversaturation problem in Sapphire. I'm sorry, but if you took what WAS the bottom 15 in each Sapphire League, I bet they couldn't hold their own against the top 5. A team with multiple 300s, 15+ players above 200, basically no one below 100, and an activity rating of 100/100 should NOT be earning League rewards anywhere close to a team that can't even keep 50 active players. It was a slap in the face and it made the game dull.

PG has to make a profit, and when the "Elite" are getting bored, have no sense of competition or desire to war and work hard/pay the game will fail. Period. If you don't like your payout, get better. Not everyone and their mother has to have their own team, this was another problem before the restruture. Either have the patience to build up a team (mine took two years), join a stronger team, or stop complaining. This isn't "everyone gets a gold star for showing up", this is a competition for the top and the leagues should and DO reflect this basic outline now. A lot of work has yet to be done, but this is the most positive change I've seen on WD for two years.

Suck it up buttercup.
      Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
      Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
      How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
      Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald
      Red's Cheapest Breeding Paths: Orange to Emerald

Proposals:
      League Restructure
      Brief Forum Reorganization

Rulith's Website:
      All Breeding Paths
      Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
      Dragon's, etc.

Comment

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Red, isn't that the point of doing subleagues? To divide everything fairly I am proposing that you do subleagues fairly rather then promoting elitism with teams impossible to grow. You do realize that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to progress because of the elitism that only a very very few amount of teams have it. So expand the subleagues of sapphire to 850 teams. Those top 15 teams in Sapphire get to be in Sapphire one, the middle teams sapphire two and the lower tier sapphire 3. It really isn't that hard, this is injustice and we all know it. Everyone gets worse prizes and the only way to get up is to SPEND MONEY. This is the WORST CHANGE I'VE SEEN IN A YEAR AND A HALF. I bet you are in Diamond or upper Sapphire because those are the only people who benefit from this.

I have never heard such a rude response from someone. No I will NOT SUCK IT UP. Much improvements need to be made. Teams that deserve to be in Sapphire are the 850 teams. The sapphire that you are in only consists of teams that are in the top top and you are the ones who pour thousands of dollars in.

Why don't you actually get your head in the game and listen to the complains of THOUSANDS OF USERS! Sapphire subleagues are as follows. If you think this is the best thing to happen to the community in two years you are obviously way out of touch with the actual community.

Sapphire subleague 1: 51-275 (What the entire Sapphire leagues are now) this gives incentive to everyone currently in sapphire because it gives higher eggs.
        Sapphire Subleague 2: 276-501 (an exact even amount of divisions for the top 501 teams in the world who can hold each other competitively as they did before)
        Sapphire subleague 3: 502-850 (The very end of this would be approximately rank 1440 still higher then it was before).

Look I get it, I understand the problem with events, the only thing I am stating is that they are divided fairly so it mirrors the old system without cutting rewards of 80% of teams.

The problem with the current system this is that all of the teams in the elites get higher rewards constantly so they can level the dragons and towers fast and more efficiently the platinum counterparts. At least this way, people aren't collectively getting screwed and each team has a logical chance to get to Sapphire being in the top 850 in the world rather then the 225 in the world. I see teams that are amazing and scored in the top 10% in Sapphire events be promoted.

And teams that were in Platinum establishing themselves get cut to the void of gold and it's impossible for them to progress due to the people in platinum actually being sapphire teams that all get cut rewards. You call yourself a leader and a forum expert but if you call what they did the best thing they've done while mocking numbers which are actually fair; then you are the most out of touch person i've ever witnessed on War Dragons.

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're proposing those all be split into subleagues, how is it any different than now other than name? So if you were earning the same rewards you are now, but it was a "Sapphire Subleagues", would you feel better?

The way this game works for progression is based on 3 points: money, time invested, and activity. In order to surpass someone ahead of you, you must surpass them in 2/3 of those points. If someone has been playing for 2 years but is a free moderately active player, you need to spend and be insanely active since you cannot magically add two years to your time playing. If someone spends moderately, has been playing for 2 years and is moderately active, you need to spend a lot and be insanely active. If someone is a heavy spender, has been playing for two years, and is insanely active - you need to spend a metric fuckton. No, you won't catch up to the "elite" if you don't spend because they have been playing a long time and have been spending for a long time. They have earned and bought their way to the top and deserve it. If you want better prizes, get better. Alternatively, make a proposal that is well thought out, explains how it's good for the players AND PG profit, and go from there.

What makes you think a team does or does not deserve to be in Sapphire? Why do you think 850 teams deserve to be in Sapphire?

How about this: let's keep the numbers exactly the same as they are after the restructure and just rename things to: Elite 1, Elite 2, Diamond 1, Diamond 2, Diamond 3, Sapphire 1, etc. Would you feel better then since Sapphire would be more obtainable?

For the record yes I am in Sapphire. I run a level 129 and a level 242 account on a quite active, daily basis. I have been playing for over two years, log in for about 5 hours a day on average during the week, have spent more on this game than I care to admit (excluding my 129 account), and have been running my team for just under two years. My team consists of levels 72-323 with a break down of: Over 300 (1), 200-299 (11), 100-199 (36), under 100 (2). We have an extensive war system, set minimum requirements each event (excluding fort and feeding), and do not allow any activity status below Active. Currently we are Global Rank 106.

We have worked out asses off for a long period of time, a lot of activity, and much money spread across the team to get where we are. If you want the same rewards as we get, you need to do something about it. If you don't want to spend, can't or won't spend 5+ hours a day on game, and haven't been playing for two years then you won't earn the same as us unless you simply move to a team that has/can. I've been in low leagues, I've been the punching bag for bigger teams, I've been farmed until I almost couldn't take it, I've been the little player many many times, I've been War farmed for the benefit of bigger players. I've been there, done that. Instead of complaining, I did something about it.

So again I say: write a detailed proposal explaining why things need to be changed and how it is negatively impacting both players and PG profit, detailed layouts of how things could be changed, how the changes would positively impact players and PG profit, and why your changes would be better than anything else. Right now all the "it's not fair because we get LESS" argument simply isn't working out.

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        I could write out a detailed memo within 48 hours. I have invested money into this game previously but no longer since I am striking. I am a leader of my team and spend countless hours a day too make this work. The fact is that there is an entire player base who is enraged by this and the argument of countless teams earning less and having shanked prizes while they increase sigel prices isn't fair or right. Players who feel positively about a game are more likely to spend more money then players who feel negatively about a game. I owe War Dragons so much in my life. It has given me so much, I would love to invest money into the game, but I don't feel like this game is worth investing in anymore. Like everyone who isn't in diamond or elite sapphire is dirt.

It wouldn't be 850 teams in Sapphire it would be 799 instead of 224.

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post

PG has to make a profit, and when the "Elite" are getting bored, have no sense of competition or desire to war and work hard/pay the game will fail. Period. If you don't like your payout, get better. Not everyone and their mother has to have their own team, this was another problem before the restruture. Either have the patience to build up a team (mine took two years), join a stronger team, or stop complaining. This isn't "everyone gets a gold star for showing up", this is a competition for the top and the leagues should and DO reflect this basic outline now. A lot of work has yet to be done, but this is the most positive change I've seen on WD for two years.

Suck it up buttercup.
      This is disgusting. Yeah, almost all teams don't like our payout. I am a spokesperson for every single team in my new gold league who is enraged by this and every single person on my friends teams who were demoted. Mostly every single team that has been effected like this. Teams have worked MONTHS to get into platinum and are now demoted to the void of gold for no reason. Lower leagues are now a void and it's almost impossible to escape from them. Honestly, your answer disgusts me. Pocket Gems should adjust there business model so that everyone wants to give money to them. Rather then forcing everyone too. The cap for teams are 50 players, so no matter what. Everyone has to be in a team. Under this system its impossible to forwardly progress because people that are better will always stay better. The only way to forwardly progress is to go bankrupt. Yeah the old way wasn't ideal but my numbers literally benefit everyone from the top to the bottom because distribution is actually fair.

Why don't you admit there is a huge issue with this and SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP
      Last edited by ArchangelEyes; 1 week ago. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        Jess yup wars multiple times a week to move up a league is the plan apparently

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        If Red is the one who thought out the league restructuring and came up with these unjustified numbers, then she sold out the community and deserves to be shamed. Not praised as player of the month. Anyway, took longer then 48 hours to draft up the memo, a lot of people are extremely unhappy about this and don't match the fan fair that most of you have for this.

My team reached old platinum quickly but stayed there for months at a time. I was quoting another player.

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        Brigitte25

FACT: Superman closed his breeding path because with the updated Emerald tier changes he wasn't able to come up with any paths that were better than Red's. He literally agreed that Red's paths were optimal for Emerald progression. So he was the one (the expert here) to put even more confidence in Red's paths.

"Originally posted by Superman
        To update everyone, I spent the majority of the day updating my plans only to realize that they are pretty much the same as Red's give or take a few order changes. Consider this thread closed and everyone check out Red's thread on Emerald breeding "

But if you wish, just go back to Superman's old path you have printed out. Please. Follow it until your heart is content. I will simply laugh at you because you are breeding useless dragons for full price rather than doing focused and methodical breeding to spend WAY LESS tokens and obtain better dragons faster. You seem to have zero common sense when it comes to things like this and don't take any initiative to do your own research or think for yourself. Do whatever you want, it will only hurt you in the end if you don't follow EXPERIENCED & KNOWLEDGEABLE players advice. You may have the "experience" playing for 2 years but you certainly have zero actual working knowledge of the game itself

So my guild hass a global rating of 1180 and is in Gold IV I suppose that is not right? Also it still says you are going up to platinum with a score of 1225, which is a bit anoying if you have a score of 1352

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        You guys should be in Gold I with that global ranking

And RATING (not ranking) does not affect when you move up/down anymore and doesn't determine your league at all. It is purely used to calculate your Global Ranking and then your rank dictates where you are placed.

A scenario is that if you stay with the exact same RATING (1352) for the next 3 weeks, you could wind up in Platinum if a bunch of teams get destroyed in wars and your global ranking shows you above 1176. Alternately if you stay the exact same rating and a bunch of other teams gain ratings from teams below you then there is a chance you can be pushed down in global ratings even more.

The fact is, you are 4 teams away from Platinum IV, you are so close!! Perhaps you could break the war recommendation to kick some teams butts and go up a league since you are so close

• ArchangelEyes
        ArchangelEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        Mechengg, are you an employee? Or just one of the few players who benefited from this?

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        @Archangeleyes

Neither.

I have had to work 3x as hard in my current league to get anywhere near the same achievement prizes in events since this took place. I am holding out for the next phase of this league change rollout which is said to be coming, the one where the actual event prizes are scaled appropriately for your SUB league.

I have obtained significantly less sigils in the past few events than i normally would have, significantly less. I am keeping my head down and plowing on, fighting our wars and working hard to get ahead and to the next league where there is promises of better prizes even if it brings more competition.

That is the difference between us, I'm actually working hard in game to make changes so the team can be where we want it to be, you are coming on here bitching about how you want life to be easy and things given to you.

But even though we were that close to platinium and in Gold I, we were pushed to Gold IV from GoldI this changeover?
      And support just gives the answer concerning points for this event I think with my ticket open since saturday I only talk to a bot, that gives answer about the Blackblood event.
      What I meant, I knew that the league ranking doesn't affect anything anymore, but they should change the screen to the newer Information, not just let people who don't read the forum think, they are going up next changeover when in fact they will get shoved down. League restructure is going on foe two weeks, Time enough to change the text in the ranking screen, that shouldn't be to difficult.

Comment

• Fairyknight
        Fairyknight commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for posting this late but Support confirmed that we are gold I with 225 Tokens even though the screen says 125 tokens

The league restructure is idiotic. And more idiocy will soon follow.

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you continue to post Brigitte.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Burned

Originally posted by Brigitte25 View Post
      The league restructure is idiotic. And more idiocy will soon follow.
      The league restructure was pretty much devised by Red Delilah. I don't understand why she wields so much influence, maybe the Breeding path. Yes she was rude to you. I miss Superman's breeding path which was infinitely better. Red enjoys control and has succeeded in her interactions with PG. she has a lot invested in this game.
      First of all, if you're going to talk about me, at least tag me so I can see what is being said.

Like I've said before, if you don't like what is happening - do something about it. Go get your own data, put together your own proposal, and submit it for review. That's all I did and I worked damn hard on it. I don't expect everyone to love everything, as that's the nature of life, but just because you disagree with something doesn't make it idiotic. Along the same note, don't assume you know my reasons for doing anything because you clearly aren't even in the ballpark.

Lastly, you didn't seem to be complaining when I made you a custom breeding path awhile ago. If you want to talk about breeding paths, I suggest you do it in a different topic. Or better yet, just PM Superman and go get one of his.

P.S. you can tag people by typing the at symbol and their full name, like this Brigitte25
      Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
      Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
      How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
      Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald
      Red's Cheapest Breeding Paths: Orange to Emerald

Proposals:
      League Restructure
      Brief Forum Reorganization

Rulith's Website:
      All Breeding Paths
      Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
      Dragon's, etc.

Comment

• ITIL
        ITIL commented
        Editing a comment

• Forrestt
        Forrestt commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly!
        This is why I never bothered joining the forum when I first started playing the game. You all are acting like angry 5 year olds. If it were up to me, you all would be getting a doughnut. It's evident everyone here needs one. Peace!
        Last edited by Forrestt; 4 days ago. Reason: Spell check hates me.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        ArchangelEyes wow so you never put anything useful together, never gave any valuable feedback and now you grab your pitchfork like the shortsighted hate driven person you are?
        And I thought our colorful individual was bad, but this is just the dumbest and most disrespectful shit I read in a long time.
        Good luck in platinum.

So my team is no longer in Platinum but we have 1335 team points, and we get pushed down to gold. A lot of hard work went into getting and staying platinum, and now we get shafted. Good job PG!

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        League placement is based on Global Rank, not rating points.

• GodofNoobz
        GodofNoobz commented
        Editing a comment
        You really gotta start reading your emails. There was this thing that happened where they restructured the leagues and it is now based of global rank and not rating points.

They sent out multiple emails, did multiple updates, broken it down on the forum, I have no idea how you missed something so drastic.

No I Understand that, But that doesn't take away from how hard my team works just to end up in Gold after 3-4 wks of this restructuring. We held platinum 3 Wks during it the bam down to gold?

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't want to be an aggressor here but other teams are warring hard to move up. If you aren't also warring and gathering rating points then you are going to start falling in global ranks. I would expect that 2-3 wars a week will be needed to even stay in the same league from here on out.

Summed up: League Restructure = putting the 'War' back into War Dragons.

Just some tweaks needed to the rewards for wars and sub-league event prizes, and all in all a good change.

Comment

Anyone know the cut-off day/date to be promoted in next league? Is it every after event like it was before? I also don't know if global rankings as shown are reliable. I was expecting to have our team promoted to our target league after the war right before end of last event because our global rank then was within the level of our league target but we were only promoted to 1 level lower than our target. I want to know the cut-off so to plan properly and know what to expect.

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Cut off day is typically monday evenings (time varies it seems)

Global ranks are reliable for now.

Don't go by your league rank (say 17/25) and add it to 100 to get global rank 117 if you are in the 100-175 bracket because that won't necessarily be your actual global ranking. Teams in other leagues could have gained and/or lost substantial rating points within the past week and may have shifted their global ranking as well.

The concept of the restructuring makes sense; the problem was with the poor implementation. A better approach would have been to have the sub-league rewards in place and to have a period of time to solicit feedback. The same period of time would allow teams to battle it out before the new reward system was enforced.

Teams earned their old leagues, it was not something given to them. A little respect for their efforts should have been given. I think the reduction in rewards for the vast mjority of players, in conjunction with the sigil increase for divines was not well thought out (unless profit was the only motivation).

Comment

Working...
        X