No announcement yet.

League Restructure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So please let me know if I have this wrong. You war to raise global rank my team 790 atm to get out of p4 but instead of the promotion you are side shifted since p3 is full. So please let me know at what RANK DO WE NEED TO RISE SUBLEAGUES. Thank you

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      The issue is likely not that the league is full, but that Global Ranks currently display incorrectly. They do not account for ties. So they currently go:

Instead of:

The farther down you are, the more fucked up it is. Echo said they would fix this...

• Echo
      Echo commented
      Editing a comment
      The next app store update coming in a couple weeks makes this more clear, and should have resolved the tie ranking issue that Red mentions.

• Dravoz
      Dravoz commented
      Editing a comment
      Same frustration. Battled to get a global rank of 169. Expected S2 at league change, but landed in S3. Pretty pointless showing us a global rank that is essentially useless. Why can't PG get even basic stuff right.

i agree with Uhmorphous, there is a huge loss of community in the leagues with the frequency of shift. It's beyond discouraging for me tho, it's part of a cause to me thinking of quitting the game. Just throwing it out there, as im sure it isn't just me...

Comment

I have a question. Can a team skip leagues if their rank rises enough? Say from p4 to p2?

Comment

• awboj
        awboj commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it can

Thank you

Comment

I must admit this league restructure is not working very fairly. My team had a P3 global rank for 4 weeks straight before we were promoted to P3. We stayed there for a week; have global ranking for P3 but was demoted to P4 again. PG gave an explanation of the ranking had a bug that they were aware of and working on. I believe now that they were responding in a manner that they thought would appease me.

Comment

The regular diamond 1 people are enjoying the 1500 tokens a day while you're all being screwed if it helps 👍

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          You could also say that everyone below Diamond I has been enjoying great prizes and rewards for sandbagging if it helps 👍

• Excesseus
          Excesseus commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really. I value 500 more egg tokens per day rather than say a couple of hundred sigils per week considering a great number of players already have Merkt. The rest of the rewards are irrelevant,

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          So basically your generalizing post was merely all about your personal preference.
          A league restructure adresses more than the personal preference of one or a few players, it is for the health of a competitive game.
          Noone is being screwed. If they war, they get more tokens than before.

Considering us up in diamond 1 should get more than anyone in diamond 2, if think your arguement is a little invalid. Are you in diamond 2?

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in Diamond I.

Rightly or wrongly the league restructure has diminished 75% of the playerbases progression.

My view is that the old system wasnt working but that this new system is actually worse for the majority of players when you also factor in reduced chest contents and reduced event prizes.

The top players are being rewarded appropriately for their efforts which is a good thing but that is the only positive.

Comment

Personally my team is currently in saph 2 and have never been fighting harder to stay there, warring more or less every day and had to kick and gain a few memebers. We have never been doing worse in event either. Where we before the update would place in top five most time, we are now fighting to stay in top 20.

I think this update is great, and has been needed since before saph even existed (though I hope event prizes will come in the next update, together with the correct rankings showing). The token payout is more fair now, where it is worth fighting for now, because wars are actually worth it too.

The real problem with the current structure right now is the event prizes and chests content, which are much too low for the cost and effort needed ti gain them, but that's a completely other discussion.

All in all, thumbs up for the great work.

Comment

A bit of a generalization, but it seems the Sapphire+ teams enjoy the change, others not so much. So that's about 275 team for it, 11,000 not so much.

I am curious how it has affected play time and enjoyment for the majority.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot of my Gold and Platinum friends are incredibly motivated now to war abd move up. They went from 1-3 wars a month to a war every day!

That's progress. That's Activity.

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              jobone My low active/inactive alt is in one of those 11,000 teams you mentioned. It's in an inactive team that is still in the lower gold league without winning any wars.
              Do you still think those teams should go back to sandbagging in platinum? Technically it should be in bronze but I guess bronze to low gold is all dead.

But are they enjoying the change? Daily warring has become a necessity. That doesn't mean that having 2 or 3 wars a day is what all teams would prefer if given an alternative. I am not enjoying this game or pace as much as I did previously and it will likely cause me to stop playing much sooner than I otherwise would have done.

Comment

• Sabin76
              Sabin76 commented
              Editing a comment
              I imagine whether or not you enjoy the change depends a lot on why you play the game. For a long time, people were getting good rewards for relatively little effort and no motivation to compete. Those rewards got taken away from a lot of people (including myself, though I wouldn't say were weren't trying to compete). Having something taken away from you when you've had it for a time sucks, no one disputes that. But if you think this change (thinking big picture here, you need to include the forthcoming changes as well) is bad for the game, then you've been playing a different game than those of us that see this change as a good thing. People who logged in once/twice a day for an hour (maybe) and were progressing fairly rapidly because their team was in Sapphire were simply getting more than their effort was worth (comparing to a much more competitive/active team also in Sapphire).

Me and my team got dropped from Sapphire to Plat 3 or 4 (whichever one has the 250 token payout, I can't be bothered to look right now). We definitely took a hit. However, I don't recall a single person complaining that much about it, and we as a team are resolved to finally replace the 5-10 perpetual non-contributors and get to work on moving back up.

Now, of course, the counter argument is to have left all the lower tier payouts in place and simply raise the payouts for those at the top. From a business perspective, however, this is not a great choice. What PG would have ALSO done in this case is to move the goalposts for individual prizes by a lot so that the same people were still getting the same prizes. I believe that PG weighed the options and chose a slightly less complicated path by equating the average Sapphire team to Plat 2 and shift both up and down from there.

Without having anything concrete to contribute because I don't know the details of the work that went into this change, I'm wondering if maybe the curve is a bit off.

I know people in D1 who aren't seeing much of a difference and are content with the new system because of that lack of change. But, there are a lot of people in the middle (Platinum and Sapphire) who are really struggling to the point where it's deeply affecting morale and the desire to play the game or to invest in it.

My team was warring on an almost-daily basis before the restructure. We were a solid team, strong, moving up slowly but surely. When we got knocked down, we started warring harder but keep slipping, quickly. We haven't lost members, we've worked harder to try to crawl back up to the very active status we had before the restructure (even though people are just as active, the algorithm that determines activity I understand has changed, so it doesn't appear to be an organic measurement any more), and people are talking about leaving.

We worked hard before and continue to do so. We have been aggressive and competitive players throughout. I don't know how to fix this and can't imagine the complexity the PG team faces, and I'm personally willing to wait it out.

I know Gold and Sapphire players aren't as lucrative for PG, and I understand Diamond players take precedence because they contribute the most money. I just hope this curve might get adjusted so you don't lose a lot of your mid-range spenders. We've got to add up to something significant enough to motivate the company to address this issue, I would hope.
            Last edited by Uhmorphous; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Sandberg74
              Sandberg74 commented
              Editing a comment
              I dont get it. If you work hard and still cant move up in ranks, your team are simply not ready for it. Its just like in any other sport ?

• Sabin76
              Sabin76 commented
              Editing a comment
              I may be incorrect, but it is my feeling that many people who were kicked down from Plat or Sapphire into lower leagues and saying that they were competitive before the change are simply over-estimating how good their team actually was. Remember, before the restructure ANYONE could be in Sapphire. There was no limit to the number of teams. That meant that even in Sapphire there were likely to be teams below you, even if there were 20 teams above you in a league.

Again, I imagine no one would be complaining if the game had been implemented this way from the beginning (teams in leagues with teams very close to their rank, and a limited number of teams in the higher leagues). The complaint everyone has is that they had something (Sapphire league team rewards even for crap performance in the league) and now they don't.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "people in D1 who aren't seeing much of a difference." People in D1 are seeing a 3x increase in the number of tokens they get on the daily at a minimum. That is a huge increase that I am sure they are pleased about. If you mean about the competitiveness, then I agree. Nothing's changed for them because they've always had a limited number of teams in their league and have had to fight to stay there. PG has simply standardized that practice across all leagues now.

• Jess
              Jess commented
              Editing a comment
              There is also more to being a top level Diamond team than just money alone despite what some seem to think.

You can spend, and yes I do spend on the game however it doesn't mean you can fly well enough to be an asset to your team in war, it doesn't mean you can hammer an event in a way the supports your team and not just yourself, you can build up your base spnading lots of money however it can still be a crap base because you don't know any better.

Come up to Diamond, fight against the top teams in wars and events. You might get a better apprecation of the difference in the level of play.

Dragon Punch EggToken PGJared CampusLifer So...is this done? Or still a work in progress? Because right now all the leagues have the same prizes, which matters more than the egg tokens and apparently Silver is above diamond but only when we get to 9001? I want to believe this isn't your final version of this...

Comment

@Sandbert74 lol as a competitive athlete in real life, I can tell you I've never experienced an algorithm that shifted the nature of my sport or the way I score or compete. @-@ Nice try, really poor example. This is not a sport, folks. Use of thumbs doesn't count as an athletic event lol

Comment

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                As far as I know, competitive games can be categorized as "ESports". It doesn't require any form of athletic events.
                I'm also quite certain that you can always improve in any situation in life. If you're not ready to adapt strategies or accept change in any of those situations, there is a chance of stagnation or you might even be left behind.
                I don't want to preach life morals but it's definitely something to think about, especially in case you're trying to lead a team.

Dragon Punch EggToken Echo

So...what is going on with this? Is this done?

Comment

Working...
              X