Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Restructure

Dragon Lords,

We took the first step in our league restructuring process by creating sub-leagues during this week’s league reset and league maintenance. Each division will be created based on team global ELO rating. This is to say, globally rated teams 1-25, 26-50, 51-75 and so on... will be paired with each other. These sub-leagues are designed to create more balanced tiers of competition that more accurately indicate a team’s relative strength. This is needed as the current leagues have ballooned to large sizes with vastly different team strengths.

The second step in the process is to increase some payouts to teams in higher sub-leagues. For now two primary changes will be occurring in the upcoming weeks:

1) Daily breeding token payouts will no longer be based on league, but will be based on a team’s sub-league. These tokens will increase with each higher ranked sub-league.

2) War Breeding Token payouts and losses will now have an added multiplier depending on sub-league. The higher the sub-league the higher the multiplier will be on your war earnings. This does not impact elo gain/loss but only breeding token payout. (Ie: if your league is due a 5x multiplier for war token payouts, if you normally would have won 100 tokens, you will now win 100 x 5 = 500 tokens.)

In addition there will be upcoming changes to properly reflect in the game’s interface these changes visually.

We are still in the process of exploration/evaluation of any other types of payout increases, but for now team prizes/progression prizes will operate as they did before at the quantities that they did before. (I.E.: Team prizes will still be based on league, and not your sub-league)

The below table reflects the intent for how sub-leagues will be broken out and how many teams comprise each sub-league.

League Sub League Top Team Rank Bottom Team Rank
    Diamond Diamond I 1 25
    Diamond Diamond II 26 50
    Sapphire Sapphire I 51 100
    Sapphire Sapphire II 101 175
    Sapphire Sapphire III 176 275
    Platinum Platinum I 276 400
    Platinum Platinum II 401 575
    Platinum Platinum III 576 825
    Platinum Platinum IV 826 1175
    Gold Gold I 1176 1575
    Gold Gold II 1576 2075
    Gold Gold III 2076 2675
    Gold Gold IV 2676 3375
    Gold Gold V 3376 4175
    Silver Silver I 4176 5075
    Silver Silver II 5076 6075
    Silver Silver III 6076 8075
    Bronze Bronze I 8076 11075
    Bronze Bronze II 11076 9999999

Our target to start paying out the additional daily tokens and war tokens in the next few weeks (around the time of the new season), though this is all subject to any unforeseen challenges and until the work is completely done and tested timelines can always vary a bit.

Thank you very much for information, just was wondering when this will be said! :thumb up:
    Last edited by EmrahT; 05-25-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Excellent work PG. Finally you took in TheRedDelilah proposal

Comment

They didn't Dak, they half assed it. So according to this.. a team globally ranked around 260 can get a better event payout than a global rank 30.. not to mention use less energy, less boosts, less spells etc. So PG has decided for the time being to give the middle finger to high ranking sapphire teams.

Well done PG, way to make no actual effort over 3 months and just take the easy route hoping that the players won't notice.

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok use the numbers 51 and 275 Fox

• Valkorn
          Valkorn commented
          Editing a comment
          Super uncalled for Fox. And if you would read (as you said it's hard don't worry) these changes won't be implemented for likely several weeks or possibly more. So still impacting the teams in question at least until the end of the season. Also, personal rewards are ultimately far greater than team rewards so it is completely understandable to prioritize individual over team rewards. Finally, your argument of getting diamond rewards only impacts the 25 teams in diamond II. The teams in upper sapphire, or upper platinum even are still very much affected by this change. Get off your high horse
          Last edited by Valkorn; 05-25-2017, 06:10 PM.

• wardragonslayne
          wardragonslayne commented
          Editing a comment
          FoxMcFoxington wrong.. 30th ranked team is in sapphire right now, the new rank system with diamond 2 isn't active you.

So ya, the 30th ranked team can indeed be outclassed in event rewards by the 250th ranked team.

You seem like a tool, not sure you can actually read based upon your response. You obviously don't have the comprehension to understand what is being said here so perhaps move on and go cry in game like usual.

Let me spell it out for you.

30th ranked team faces the rest of 26th to 50 in event.. so they say finish ranked 5th in event. 250th has a league full of half active teams of similar low ranking and makes a half ass effort like everyone else and finished 2nd in their league. They get 2nd place sapphire rewards, 30th rank gets 5th place sapphire rewards. Get it? That's how it works now because of this half ass effort by PG.

Yes! Good to hear all of this. Looks like Red's proposal has taken flight

Comment

Yes, all nicely done and fully agree with it.

I think that it would have been a better idea to post this information before actually doing it though so everyone knew what was happening before it got dropped on them.
          What, me worry?

Comment

"but for now team prizes/progression prizes will operate as they did before at the quantities that they did before. (I.E.: Team prizes will still be based on league, and not your sub-league)"

You do know this will create the sandbagging effect we have told you has happened and has already been discussed in the threads since you made the league restructure live. What is the point of being the 23rd place team in Sapphire 1 and get worse prizes then the #1 in Sapphire #3 (4th sub league).
            Last edited by odie1993; 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM. Reason: minor correction

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              "...for NOW..."

In my proposal they did say that restructuring event team prizes by small league (or sub league) was the most difficult part. I think the war multi and the daily tokens will help discourage sandbagging for NOW until team rewards can be altered.

• odie1993
              odie1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              TheRedDelilah here is the other part of that sentence, "We are still in the process of exploration/evaluation of any other types of payout increases,".

Really, in months of looking at this, they have not figured it out. so with that statement, "FOR NOW" means forever to me. I have no faith in PG to follow through with team prize restructuring based on their failure to follow through on: rune changes, double blast rune compensation, egg token payout restructure, bug fixes, spell fixes, forum fixes, chat fixes, transparency, support improvement... I could go on for day but then i would look like a posting that appears multi colored and unreadable.

• Benigmas
              Benigmas commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah... I'm super excited for being top 5 every event to being bottom 5 in team rewards. Thats what, 200-375 different in sigils alone for the last 2 weeks of the season? Ugh. Not to mention the level/difficulty difference between the teams so personal rewards will be harder.
              They didn't really think this through and implemented it too soon, IMO.

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post
            "...for NOW..."

In my proposal they did say that restructuring event team prizes by small league (or sub league) was the most difficult part. I think the war multi and the daily tokens will help discourage sandbagging for NOW until team rewards can be altered.
            Not likely, we haven't had a war in months....moooooonnnnnntthhhhsss. And this still doesn't even entice me to want to. We will just sit where we are or drop down to a lower sub league if needed. Lol but yeah, y'all hash it out for those chump 5x more egg tokens....I can get that same amount, I mean more, spending an hr chest hunting then opening chests and not blowing through as many heals/dragon boosts/items. 😅

Comment

• gaza8143
              gaza8143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly my thoughts. What are wars? No one in my sapphire league has done a war since the stone ages.

• PAIN
              PAIN commented
              Editing a comment
              Speak for yourself! This is WARdragons and my team wars!!! 😁👍

• YellowMonkey
              YellowMonkey commented
              Editing a comment
              PAIN your team wars? Meaning currently? Well then this obviously doesn't pertain to you.

I'm saying I do not see this changing teams that DONT War.

Originally posted by Dragon Punch View Post

The second step in the process is to increase some payouts to teams in higher sub-leagues. For now two primary changes will be occurring in the upcoming weeks:

1) Daily breeding token payouts will no longer be based on league, but will be based on a team’s sub-league. These tokens will increase with each higher ranked sub-league.

2) War Breeding Token payouts and losses will now have an added multiplier depending on sub-league. The higher the sub-league the higher the multiplier will be on your war earnings. This does not impact elo gain/loss but only breeding token payout. (Ie: if your league is due a 5x multiplier for war token payouts, if you normally would have won 100 tokens, you will now win 100 x 5 = 500 tokens.)

but for now team prizes/progression prizes will operate as they did before at the quantities that they did before. (I.E.: Team prizes will still be based on league, and not your sub-league)

Our target to start paying out the additional daily tokens and war tokens in the next few weeks (around the time of the new season), though this is all subject to any unforeseen challenges and until the work is completely done and tested timelines can always vary a bit.
            ok, so if I'm reading this correctly, you've restructured leagues according to ranking, and to compensate for the increased difficulty, you're going to increase daily token payout and increase war payouts, but...

you're not making any changes to individual or team prizes at this time.

sorry but that's not going to fix anything. unless the daily token payout is increased by magnitudes of ten, same for wars, the change will be minor compared to the difficulty for many competing in events.

the reason teams and players drop from diamond is because they can progress easier in a lower league with less competition. these changes will not affect that, because the primary source of in-game items is from individual rewards, and somewhat team rewards, all from events.

you're now taking sapphire teams that would have easily finished in top 3 team ranking AND had easy individual progress and lumping them all together to spend more resources for worse prizes. teams will drop leagues... again. players will leave teams to join a lower ranked team... again.

this fixes nothing (unless I'm wrong and the daily token and war payouts are an astronomical increase)

plus you give a nice little slap in the face to all of the long time diamond teams that have been slugging it out for over 2 years by making a second diamond league who gets the same prizes.

and you're kind enough to let us know that the increase in daily tokens and war payouts wont take affect for weeks.

besides the fact that this appears to be an epic fail, why not make the effort to compensate all of the teams you're screwing over the last two weeks of the season by distributing compensation that they would be getting weeks from now?

why not incorporate the same multiplier for team and individual rewards for events that you're doing for daily tokens and war payouts?

Comment

This literally tells us next to nothing. I could already see it was structured 1-25 26-50 etc etc. I want to know the AMOUNTS. If you're giving me 50 extra tokens to stay in our league and event rewards are the same, we will drop 200 rating points next week. I want numbers. This is another lame explanation with next to no real data.

Comment

Dragon Punch

I have two current follow up questions:

1. Will the sub leagues with more than 25 teams rotate? Please say yes.

2. Are changes to event prizing in the WORKS or a "we haven't talked about it yet" type of thing?

I would encourage PG to do:

1. Make the war multiplier double what is planned
                or
                2. Make the daily egg token payout double what is planned
                or
                3. Apply the war multiplier to prizes like xxCLAYxx mentioned.

Until a solution for event prizes can be brought out.
                Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
                Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
                How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
                Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
                All Breeding Paths
                Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
                Dragon's, etc.

Social:
                Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
                Twitch

Comment

• War fan
                  War fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TheRedDelilah

Teams won't rotate, that was the whole purpose of your team restructuring proposal.

The teams will be put into the appropriate tier league based on team rank, so the only way to move up or down is to either win was (move up) or lose wars (move down).

On Wednesday, during league realignment hour, teams will shuffle up, down, or remain based on their team ranking.

From what you proposed, and what's listed above, it's a hard cut line where teams will be place in a league based on their team rank, and no longer based on medals.

• TheRedDelilah
                  TheRedDelilah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  War fan - I mean for like Sapphire 1 and down where there will be more than 2 leagues within the subleague. Instead of one being harder (51-75) and the other easier/lower (76-100) I had mentioned on my proposal that they both should be a mix of 51-100 with 25 teams in each.

• War fan
                  War fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then I would assume that yes, they would, since we do so now.

Perhaps EggToken can let us know too.

Meh I'll either talk my team into dumping 100 ranks, or I'll join a crappy team. You half asses this. Y'all are releasing this before you're ready. The last 2 weeks of the season? For real? Talk about bending over your players.

Comment

My opinion would be as follows. For team and individual event rewards, gold league on down stays the same. I would suggest and be happy for the moment with a 15% increase for all platinum, a 40% increase for all Sapphire, and a 65% increase for diamond. Let the war stuff and daily be different based on tier and event crap be based on league. I think that could really entice players to stay and work for it if you follow my advice.

Comment

• Munt415
                  Munt415 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're going to get a lot of pissy players if they don't make the lowest plat tier the same as the sapphire is now seeing as there are around 800 teams in sapphire now. and as that goes people in plat now will be in gold.

• Mechengg
                  Mechengg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is incentive for teams to start warring again actually, the low level teams who got bumped down and prizes destroyed lol.

It's not working. I've been leading a team that helps new players get started up and trying to build a good quality team for a long time. We worked our way up gold league to finishing first and it took a long time, many months. I've reformed the team at least twice, it's just very hard getting long-term teammates. We didn't rush to platinum like a lot of teams because we have been struggling to get numbers despite doing well in events. Now we've been moved into Platinum and we have no edge, there's no incentive to build a good quality team. There's no worse teams to dominate. It's not enjoyable at all. The message I'm feeling is that "Everyone gets an A" whether they make a crappy team or an amazing one. Not to mention we have 0 chances of recruiting in a league of competitive teams where the overall majority are loyal. Nobody wants to join a team that is now in the bottom 5.

Things to consider:
                1. When auto-invites are sent out, can we invite only players who speak our language. I sent out 6 invites a week ago and only 2 were English, 0 joined. It would help retain players of all languages if this were possible.

2. Find a way that smaller teams can win wars if they're expected to compete in events against "evenly" matched teams. We literally have no chance of advancing in our current league and situation but we're about to become league war bait.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
                  TheRedDelilah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1. If auto invites are your main way of recruiting, that's why you're struggling to get members. Send detailed mails about WHY people should join you.

2. For events you just don't have as many people earning points. That's it. Work on your recruitment in different ways.

• gaza8143
                  gaza8143 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @thereddeliah I agree personalized messages are much better. Only issue is every team offering exactly the same things.

• runner08
                  runner08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  save your time, dismiss the team and join one, which makes sense to join, life is too short to deal with such non-sense :-)

Seeing how league restructuring has already happened, I'm assuming you MUST already have thought up the new egg token payouts. It would be mighty foolish of you to start this league shuffling, and not know the details yet. Right?! So could you please enlighten us with numbers?

Comment

Working...
                X