Salvage Shop Beta Phase 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

castix
    • I agree there are a bunch of security holes being exploited. The Salvage Shop is one. Another one (for example) is the Forge.
    • In an ideal world, I would close all of the security holes today and we wouldn't need to have a discussion of priority.
    • In the real world, it's going to take me a while to close all the holes -- I'm working my way down a prioritized list.
    • In the meantime, there's a question of what to do with the known security holes which I haven't yet been able to lock down.
    • It's pretty hard to say "Let's remove the forge from the game because people are exploiting it to cheat" because 100% of the playerbase already is accustomed to it being there. At this point it's pretty close to a required core game mechanic for everyone who plays the game. We just need to live with the fact that it's being exploited until I can finish locking it down (and retroactively ban all the people who I find had been cheating it in the past).
    • In contrast, the Salvage Shop is not part of the core game experience for 100% of the playerbase. If it were taken out, the only people who would even notice are the small set of people who are part of a beta test. The impact of removing it is not the same as the impact of removing a core game feature which the whole playerbase uses daily.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification CL. This makes sense from a security point of view, although it just killed my last glimmer of hope I had for seeing this feature going live anytime soon.
      MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Cant wait until this goes live, have so many things i could salvage and swap for other useful things😀

Comment

Cant wait until this goes live, have so many things i could salvage and swap for other useful things

Comment

Awesome, they deleted my post for calling like everyone sees it

Comment

REMINDER: LAST DAY TO TURN IN YOUR DUST

May the odds be ever in your favor for getting speedups

Comment

Working...
              X