No announcement yet.

Salvage Shop Beta Phase 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is astounding. Don't all commodities have a value against the ruby?
    Therefore pricing should be simple, we all know that you never get the full value of something back so put a ruby value on dust, then everything we dust is given back as dust at 1/2-2/3-3/4 the ruby value.

Clearly PG doesn't know the value of their own items, they're now just using the small group of beta testers to completely reduce the value of any reasonable transfer.

Once again PG at it's finest making sure the player base doesn't get value for money or time.

As others have said, how on earth can it possibly be taking this much time to get this feature right.

Beta testing, make sure there are no bugs, then release, don't tweak the crap out of things based on the usage data of a small portion of players, specially since you should already know what each item is worth against any other item.

Comment

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember a discussion about ruby values of items in the event prizing, we learned that PG values certain items ridiculously high when giving out prizes (=we get certain crappy items that they value high) but now that we can trade them in they have to reduce that value again in dust (=we get a low value for the crappy items we got before).

• SilentOne
      SilentOne commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, so in other words, it's all random. It depends which intern does what on any given day as to what value is placed on anything (including fixing issues)

What would make the most sense would be if PG actually had set values for items and stuck with that, then it would be a lot easier for them, and we would know where we stood.

Is this still in Beta Phase 2?
    Can we get an ETA for the next stage?
    Or maybe the live date?

EggToken at the risk of delaying this project futher, have PG considered dynamic pricing? e.g. The more people buy something the more the price increases. The less people buy, the more the price drops.
    Last edited by UnseatedDonkey; 06-20-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Hieronymus
      Hieronymus commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Marez, but I have to...

If you're going to do dynamic pricing, make on a per person basis. Don't penalize me because someone else gets an item regularly, so that when I finally need one, it costs me an arm and a leg to get it. And if I do get a ton of something, let it's price eventually fall back to baseline over time as I don't purchase any more.

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Or how about just release the damn thing after half a year of "fine tuning"?

• UnseatedDonkey
      UnseatedDonkey commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, I'm completely with MareZ. It shouldn't take this long to agree on a price.
      I say, put it live,then adjust prices. At least then we all have the same benefit (or lack of depending on prices).

Did 12h clocks get removed from the daily shop? Havent seen those in weeks...
    _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• Hieronymus
      Hieronymus commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe I've had 12 hour timers pop up maybe 3 or 4 times during the entire beta. But no, I don't recall seeing any in what feels like a month or so.

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      I got them every 3-5 days for the first month or so, then i have gotten none lately. Zero. Ziltch. Nada.

It does look they super nerfed their appearance rate which is unfortunate, unless we are just both very unlucky.

• Fairyknight
      Fairyknight commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely less timer showing for buying, had a 1 hour speedup on Sunday, 3h orr more I haven't seen for the last weeks. .

they're busy tinkering with the drop rates and the prices to see if they can get it to the point that players stop turning in items, then all they have to do is announce that players don't use the feature so they're dropping the plans to implement it game-wide.

Comment

The purpose of it could be
      A) get data on what's bought and sold, adjust chest drop rates to what people, on average, actually want
      B) compensate people in some way for drops they don't want
      C) Find the least desired (most often sold) item, nerf its sell price into the ground, and increase its probability in chests as a way to dilute drops, while reducing the availability of the most desired items to be bought, and therefore reducing the value returned to the players.

It's fairly obvious which one it's turning out to be.

Comment

The team is not yet comfortable with releasing Salvage Shop in its current form. While mechanically, it's fairly bug-free, there are design issues that we're still discussing. We'll release more details once we have them ready.

Comment

• SuavGlav
          SuavGlav commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't you guys make it pretty in future updates so the rest of us can at least get a little sliver of the advantage phase 1 testers got before it's completely useless?

Kinda pathetic how something as simple as this takes over 2 months to put into the game. I'm assuming as soon as this comes out it'll be worthless for anyone to even salvage shit so you might as well trash this now

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          It was useful at the beginning. Slowly over time it is getting less and less useful. Ever week i make around 3 purchases (typically a few TS spells) and that is all. No 12hr timers have come through in the past month and a half. 3hr timers came through one time in the same time frame. +100% XP potions came once.

Either way it's a meh take it or leave it addition to the game. It used to essentially double my forge rate since i was spending all of my dust on speedups which was awesome. Now I can't get the drops to come often enough for it to be very useful. So allthough it is a good idea, i think that nerfing the drop rates of the more requested items is a BAD DECISION and will cause this salvage shop to fail in the long run. Of course i could have just gotten very very good luck the first few months, but there was a hard stop date in which the drops just got nerfed hard i think and it hasn't been the same since.

~sincerely, probably the biggest supporter of this when it came out

EggToken Any updates on the salvage shop?

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          My update is that in the past 2 weeks i have not gotten any more 12hr timers appear.

This shop is now not useful at all. I don't care about having it nor using it.

• Owlrager
          Owlrager commented
          Editing a comment
          Concensus seems to be they simply removed 12h clocks from daily shop. I havent seen them in over a month, nor has anyone i have talked to. I guess ill grab a few 3h clocks when they pop up but I basically don't use the shop ever.

Salvage shop is complete garbage just delete it.

Comment

EggToken I've heard rumors of the Salvage Shop ETA in 2020 and the World Map in 2025. Can you confirm?
          MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• Mechengg
            Mechengg commented
            Editing a comment
            I still get XP boosts regularly. At least 2 times per week. Today for example even

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry gaza, my sources are known to be excessively optimistic at times

• Mechengg
            Mechengg commented
            Editing a comment
            Aaaaand i have yet to see an XP boost since this date. This is garbage

Sooooo....my inactive alt has the beta for salvage shop. Could I please, I don't know, give it to one of my active accounts? EggToken
          Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
          Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
          How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
          Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
          All Breeding Paths
          Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
          Dragon's, etc.

Social:
          Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
          Twitch

Comment

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'd rather see PG release it to everyone than to cater to one individual who isn't happy with the random beta selection because that one person would rather have it on a different account.

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            SilentOne - sorry this was a poorly sarcastic post. I was trying to say "LET US ALL JUST HAVE THIS INSTEAD OF HALF INACTIVE ACCOUNTS".

• Wraendrif
            Wraendrif commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't call it a poorly sarcastic comment - It's pretty logical that pg can't move the beta from one account to the other, because then they would get hundreds of requests of the same ... Just as it should be logical to pg that releasing such a feature for only part of the player base and then only holding it back to fix the design will give them complains

The salvage shop should just be re named the junk shop.

I can sell some of my 20k base boosts easy enough but the only thing I can buy is more base boosts for double the price I paid for them, ,nice!!!

Unfortunately they gave me this feature when I took a 3 month break so I never got to see 12hr clocks
          Last edited by gaza8143; 5 days ago.

Comment

I think they literally took the 3-4 most popular things people were using dust on and just said yep, lets remove ALL OF THOSE. I dont even recall seeing 3h clocks in quite some time now...
            _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              My INACTIVE alt has seen hammers and 3hr clocks more than once 😓

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              The more you want it, the less you have... Pg motif

Have they literally been holding it back to make it pretty for two whole months?

I hope this isn't one of the too many things on the small staff's plate that detracts from time spent on making events run smoothly, making new events, or participating in discussions on threads here about the nerfing of said events (*cough* VALORS *cough*)...

Comment

I love how this has been in beta testing for months and even pg says there's no bugs in it but they refuse to release it to the enitre player base. But every single update they release is full of bugs and glitches and they don't mind releasing that. Get it together pg.

Comment

Working...
              X