DARK FLAK CANNON
Later this week we’ll be introducing the first in a series of new Flak Cannons to War Dragons! The goal of these cannons is to add new options to your arsenal in base defense strategy to help combat some of the fearsome enemy dragons raiding your bases. Keep the skies clear, Dragon Lords!
- When will I see Flak Cannons in my game?
Very soon! We’ll be starting out with the Dark Flak cannon this Wednesday, March 22nd!
- What does this cannon do, and what’s its Super Shot?
The Dark Flak Cannon does very high damage but has a short attack range. It’s Super Shot is a ranged stun with bonus damage, similar to the Trebuchet. Its attack is not a projectile, so it cannot be Invert/Reverse Projectiles.
- What other Flak Cannon options will we have?
We’re starting out with just the Dark Flak cannon, but expect to see a Fire and Ice Flak cannon later on, and maybe more beyond that!
- Does the Flak Cannon’s elemental type have an effect on the elemental type of attacking dragons?
Not with this update, but it’s something we’re considering in the future.
- When do these towers unlock?
The Dark Flak Tower will unlock at player level 45.
- How do I upgrade them?
Flak Cannons will require alternating Lumber and Elemental Embers to upgrade up to level 45.
- What Runes and research work with Flak Towers?
Flak towers don’t currently have tower-specific runes associated with them for now. Research like Combat tower HP and Attack research works with Flak Towers.
- Will Elemental Embers used in upgrading count towards points in Fortification Events?
- How many can I build?
One Flak Cannon of each type per island (8 in total if you have every island unlocked).
Further updates 21/3/17 - From Posts Below
- Towers will give XP
- No resists will work on it for now
- Attack range is just shy of 1/3 less than the range of Regular shots on Cannon/Archer towers. Super shot range is about 1/4 less than regular attack range of cannon/archer towers.
- Neither supershot or regular are a projectile, they both has the same explosion effect.
- Supershot does have a charge time before firing.
- Expect a resist at some point in the future, no ETA quite yet.
- Do not believe stun time from trebuchet research works - will have to double check this one in code.
- Crystalline shield does block attacks from this tower.
ADDITIONAL SAPPHIRE MYTHIC DRAGON BACKBREEDS
UPDATED 2:45 PM PST
We will be adding a few additional backbreeding options for the Sapphire Mythic Dragons Hauheset and Mehaten to help players with more efficient breeding paths.
|PARENT 1||PARENT 2||DRAGON BRED|
|Renard||Jul||Hauheset | Mehaten|