Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW TOWER: Dark Flak Cannons! & BACKBREEDS for Sapphire Mythics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TOWER: Dark Flak Cannons! & BACKBREEDS for Sapphire Mythics!

DARK FLAK CANNON

Later this week we’ll be introducing the first in a series of new Flak Cannons to War Dragons! The goal of these cannons is to add new options to your arsenal in base defense strategy to help combat some of the fearsome enemy dragons raiding your bases. Keep the skies clear, Dragon Lords!
    • When will I see Flak Cannons in my game?
      Very soon! We’ll be starting out with the Dark Flak cannon this Wednesday, March 22nd!
    • What does this cannon do, and what’s its Super Shot?
      The Dark Flak Cannon does very high damage but has a short attack range. It’s Super Shot is a ranged stun with bonus damage, similar to the Trebuchet. Its attack is not a projectile, so it cannot be Invert/Reverse Projectiles.
    • What other Flak Cannon options will we have?
      We’re starting out with just the Dark Flak cannon, but expect to see a Fire and Ice Flak cannon later on, and maybe more beyond that!
    • Does the Flak Cannon’s elemental type have an effect on the elemental type of attacking dragons?
      Not with this update, but it’s something we’re considering in the future.
    • When do these towers unlock?
      The Dark Flak Tower will unlock at player level 45.
    • How do I upgrade them?
      Flak Cannons will require alternating Lumber and Elemental Embers to upgrade up to level 45.
    • What Runes and research work with Flak Towers?
      Flak towers don’t currently have tower-specific runes associated with them for now. Research like Combat tower HP and Attack research works with Flak Towers.
    • Will Elemental Embers used in upgrading count towards points in Fortification Events?
      Of course!
    • How many can I build?
      One Flak Cannon of each type per island (8 in total if you have every island unlocked).

Further updates 21/3/17 - From Posts Below
    • Towers will give XP
    • No resists will work on it for now
    • Attack range is just shy of 1/3 less than the range of Regular shots on Cannon/Archer towers. Super shot range is about 1/4 less than regular attack range of cannon/archer towers.
    • Neither supershot or regular are a projectile, they both has the same explosion effect.
    • Supershot does have a charge time before firing.
    • Expect a resist at some point in the future, no ETA quite yet.
    • Do not believe stun time from trebuchet research works - will have to double check this one in code.
    • Crystalline shield does block attacks from this tower.

ADDITIONAL SAPPHIRE MYTHIC DRAGON BACKBREEDS

UPDATED 2:45 PM PST

We will be adding a few additional backbreeding options for the Sapphire Mythic Dragons Hauheset and Mehaten to help players with more efficient breeding paths.
    PARENT 1 PARENT 2 DRAGON BRED
    Gloomclaw Zaru Hauheset
    Renard Avalanche Hauheset
    Renard Jul Hauheset | Mehaten
    Renard Icicle Mehaten
    Ursa Frostbiter Mehaten
    Last edited by Psa; 03-22-2017, 12:59 PM. Reason: Added additional information from thread

Dude adding those backbreeds now is a fair slap in the face to some. I personally don't care but youre basically saying to those who work hard and spend to get ahead that they'll need to keep spending and spending more to keep ahead while others now get it cheaper.

Comment

• Shenanigans
      Shenanigans commented
      Editing a comment
      In what way are they a slap in the face? You need mehaten to breed avalanche so those backbreeds are pointless. You also need to have hauheset already to do all the other "additional" backbreeds. In other words they've just made it easier to obtain sapphire eggs

• NinAK
      NinAK commented
      Editing a comment
      They should have listened and added the backbreeds into emerald tier. Instead just shit all over the people who spent already.

Thanks for adding backbreeds after I just nearly finished garbage mehaten for 200k tokens. Appreciate it...

• NinAK
      NinAK commented
      Editing a comment
      After further review I think those are all useless right? Can't get avalanche without mehaten if I recall and I think the others ones cancel out thier effectiveness by sacrificing other back breeds, I'm too lazy to go check though

So that is doesn't get lost in comments I will post what I already wrote here. Before everyone starts to bitch and moan about the back breeds. ALL THEY DO IS MAKE IT EASIER TO OBTAIN SAPPHIRE EGGS. You need mehaten to breed avalanche and you need hauheset already to use any of the combinations above. Please use your brain before seeking out an opportunity to complain about something that you clearly haven't even read.

Comment

• TheBulldog
      TheBulldog commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair. I figured when he was advertising back breeds they were legitimate back breeds as opposed to "saph egg breeds" without looking into it.

• Shenanigans
      Shenanigans commented
      Editing a comment
      TheBulldog wasn't entirely directed at you, just didn't want the post to turn into people complaining about being ripped off because they bred already. And come on you really think PG would make breeding dragons more efficient.

Originally posted by EggToken View Post

We will be adding a few additional backbreeding options for the Sapphire Mythic Dragons and Hauheset and Mehaten to help players with more efficient breeding paths.
    Tell me how this helps create more efficient breeding paths? The goal of breeding paths is to get dragons, not worthless eggs. Why can't we use Icicle or A&A to get Mehaten? Why are you requiring us to use Avalanche, when you need Mehaten to get Avalanche. I get people want Sapphire eggs, but don't kid us and call this a help to players' breeding paths.
    Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
    Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
    How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
    Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald
    Red's Cheapest Breeding Paths: Orange to Emerald

Proposals:
    League Restructure
    Brief Forum Reorganization

Rulith's Website:
    All Breeding Paths
    Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
    Dragon's, etc.

Comment

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      @TheRedDelilah
      You work with breedingpathes... and some say your one is cheapest.
      I just want to ask, is in this new update any path ,... which can make it cheaper ? Or is this backbreed a joke ?

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      EmrahT - For my paths that include getting all the Garnet Mythics, this will change them all. For the path that I suggest to most players (skipping Mehaten and Gloom), it will not change the path.

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your answer TheRedDelilah, i dont remember your path for 100% , i know for icicle... sadly that backbreed is no help then.
      I thought maybe its a bit better, at least for my path with Mehaten ... or those who choosed that .. it safes nearly 300k :x
      This or that,.. i guess we see soon new and better dragons , which require probably all mystics with time x)

Ok.

So back breeds that arent actaully back breeds just eggs for the builder hut and new towers that require alternating elemental embers.
    Basically a trebuchet with a new look. Player J is going to hate that you're taking away from totem currencies to do this. Prepare yourself for colorful math.
    As if none of this is punishment enough, we still have no fixes for the shit you fucked up last week with the update.

Im just not convinced this is all together right. Surely this is a bad dream or some altered reality where bullshit just happens and we have no control over it.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
      Oldmandragon commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I thought about it, looked at it, pondered it. I'm convinced.
      This is just fucking stupid.
      I just don't see a reason to continue to play your game any longer.
      I've always figured it was because of the friends we've made that keeps us around but no, if any of these people were truly friends, none of us would want the other to continue to be exposed to this sort of treatment.

Unbelievable.

• Wings
      Wings commented
      Editing a comment
      I died at "Prepare yourself for colorful math" xD
      Thanks for making me laugh at this clearly idiotic day sponsored by PG

• itsjustjoe
      itsjustjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend, your posts are 90% of why I still visit the forums

Here's a thought out of the box... can you add more islands? We need more space if you're going to keep creating new towers!

Comment

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      @EggToken
      Thats sounds like a nice idea... instead of creating higher level for tower after new tier release... just add a new place at the map

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      A new island for us to unlock and then never use? lol

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it depends a little on if you're a player with all islands full of 45s and you don't really want to put any of them into storage... although I'm not sure if they even care as they might have tons of towers in storage anyway to max those fort events.

But one thing is for sure: It would be a huge project for PG to expand the current island layout and I doubt we will ever see them doing it. They already have enough troubles creating new content that fits into the code of a game they bought from another developer.
      And it would take so much more time for runs and create new balancing problems...

EggToken I only mean to be rude to some extend but are you guys mentally okay - or nobody ever checks wtf you do at work?

How do you dare call something an efing BACKBREED if the parent requires the child of that same exact parent?
    The hell is wrong with PG - seriously?
    Do you guys actually get paid to come up with this shit?

Please post the CORRECT backbreed table as this is surely a mistake.
    Last edited by Wings; 03-20-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Hello
      does cannon resist work on the new tower?

Comment

• Echo
        Echo commented
        Editing a comment
        No, to start out there are no resists to this tower.

• DirtBanga
        DirtBanga commented
        Editing a comment
        thankyou

• NukSooAL
        NukSooAL commented
        Editing a comment
        What about fire/heat shield?

Nice to see elemental embers having a new use. I was honestly expecting that the next new tower would require a new currency and therefore further dilute the chests.

Good job exceeding my very low viewpoints!

Comment

• itsjustjoe
        itsjustjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! When I saw the thread I shook my head and my heart sank, assuming there would be yet ANOTHER currency to further dilute chests and prizes. Thanks for not doing that and potentially making my pile of elemental embers worthwhile.

• A1R
        A1R commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the one positive thing out of yet another mess.

It's nice to see we can use Elemental Embers for something new although I'm not sure what is meant by "alternating Lumber and Elemental Embers".

But more Fire & Ice towers again? You already added those, why not use other elements while you're at it. You got Fire and Ice already, you add Dark, why not give a teaser about a Water Cannon (might be effective against dragons?!) and idk... something strategic like an Earth Wall that has tons of HP and shields the tower behind it until it's killed... Just anything creative guys!

I think everything else has already been said. Worthless breeding pairs that you call "backbreeds"... maybe better that way so I can keep going my breeding path and the spenders won't get mad.
      MareZ ~ lvl19X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay I get it, people don't want further dilution of chests and you want to help everyone who has thousands of Ice & Fire Shards since this more likely boosts revenue unlike the Salvage Shop you promised us to exchange them...
        Still not very creative.

EggToken,@Echo,@PGjared
      Firstly this update preview should have been split into two seperate posts. One for the new towers and one for the back breeding.
      As im not up to worrying about the breeding issue, I would like some clarification on the towers.
      To be able to build a tower I'm going to need to free anywhere up to 8 spots on my base. Which means more towers being placed into storage collecting dust. When is PG going to sort out the recycling of these stored towers so we can try and get a bit of an injection back into the rss economy?
      And secondly have you put forethought into caps on these towers so we don't get the same debarkle we had when you decided you needed to cap the fire and ice ones?
      If so can we get a list of costs and levels required for each upgrade.
      Last edited by Captainhook_0; 03-21-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Slytha
        Slytha commented
        Editing a comment
        its most likely gonna be the same cost as the totems or ice/fire turrets. PG loves copy paste.

Originally posted by Rapsidy View Post
      Nice to see elemental embers having a new use. I was honestly expecting that the next new tower would require a new currency and therefore further dilute the chests.

Good job exceeding my very low viewpoints!
      while I appreciate the humor, I agree, and feel obligated to at least give credit when they appear to have done something beneficial.

they could have easily done what they've done previously (ice/fire shards, elemental embers, black pearls) and made a new tower series with an entirely new currency, but instead they are incorporating an existing one, and an existing one that I'm guessing a number of players currently have an excess of (perhaps there is another motive, that of getting players to use their elemental inventory to the point where it is depleted and they need to buy more, but they could have done that with a new currency...)

I think this is nice move for that reason.

I also like that they're at least putting forth the effort to continue to try to improve the core game. yes, I understand there are tons of bugs that aren't fixed yet, and I'm wholly expecting that once I start building one of these new towers that my entire base will just simply explode and then give me the sync error screen, but you never know. this is at least a new tower for us to put on our bases, one that there is no resist to, and also has a stun capability, so there's more opportunity to customize your base/defense with this new tower and apparently 2 more that will be coming over the next few/several months.

I agree with the arguments on the backbreeds, but breeding/tokens is a mess that needs to be fixed somehow in some way and backbreeds are just one piece of the puzzle imo

anyway, props to PG for the new tower.

Comment

• Spooky
        Spooky commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the funniest/saddest part: even if these were legit backbreeds it would be a minuscule improvement to the utter hash they've made of Sapphire and Garnet breeding. Like bailing out a sinking battleship (galleon?) with a lunch pail.

That they bothered to add these pairs to make builder hut easier to level (so players can construct more 42 day build time towers) while passing it off as backbreeds to help with breeding paths is just perfect.

New tower taking otherwise useless elemental embers is appreciated though.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Well... I guess I have to agree. Well said xxCLAYxx

• Brigitte25
        Brigitte25 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I never built a totem, the whole concept seems odd, so the elemental embers were anathema to me. Now I have a use for them. As for alternating wood and embers, that is exactly how the fire and ice turrets work. AND I love this tower.
        Last edited by Brigitte25; 04-04-2017, 12:10 PM.

• What does this cannon do, and what’s its Super Shot?
        The Dark Flak Cannon does very high damage but has a short attack range. It’s Super Shot is a ranged stun with bonus damage, similar to the Trebuchet. Its attack is not a projectile, so it cannot be Invert/Reverse Projectiles.

EggToken
      I have a few question about this new types of tower. Would you mind provide some more information about the new tower?
      1. Is the Trebuchet stun-time research applied to this new type of tower? Do these 2 towers stun the dragon with similar amount of time?
      2. How short is the attack range, a half, 1/4? What about its super attack range? If I put it at the front of short island. Can it begin to attack after the dragon turn around the corner like other towers?
      3. Are both normal attack and super attack are not a projectile? Is there a long preparation before it begin to attack?
      4. Will the damage also be increased by fire turret supershot?
      5. Will PG also provide Flak-Resist or Dark-Flak-Resist in future? If yes, will the new emerald dragons and the rest of the 2 spring dragons have this kind of resist?

Thank you in advance for our help!
      Last edited by DracolichKing; 03-21-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Echo
        Echo commented
        Editing a comment
        Attack range is just shy of 1/3 less than the range of Regular shots on Cannon/Archer towers. Super shot range is about 1/4 less than regular attack range of cannon/archer towers.
        Neither supershot or regular are a projectile, they both has the same explosion effect.
        Supershot does have a charge time before firing.
        Expect a resist at some point in the future, no ETA quite yet.
        Do not believe stun time from trebuchet research works - will have to double check this one in code.
        Crystalline shield does block attacks from this tower.

• Oldmandragon
        Oldmandragon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

• DracolichKing
        DracolichKing commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for your kind reply and useful information, Echo.

EggToken
      Change better that backbreed in a way its useful... For example 1 saphir + 1 garnet = 1 new saphir. That way its backbreed , if that new saphir dont requires the ones before...
      And of course the prize would be less then direct breed with platins.

Btw , why 4 times hauhaset,... but no Apophet....

Comment

• Slytha
        Slytha commented
        Editing a comment
        i think he means all in all there will be 2 ways to "backbreed" mehaten, 4 for hauheset but only 1 for apophet. could be a bit more balanced which is true, but who cares tbh

• Shenanigans
        Shenanigans commented
        Editing a comment
        The only real backbreed in this list is Avalanche and renard to get hauheset Slytha

• Oldmandragon
        Oldmandragon commented
        Editing a comment
        But is it really, since the dragons you need to get avalanche and renard can already parent hauset.
        I may be wrong. I hate breeding paths.
        I do know that none of these work like the previous old tiers.
        It also makes no sense why they don't either.

Echo EggToken We asked for backbreeds in order not to waste 200k tokens on the 3rd sapphire mythic.Like apophet. These backbreeds are useless.

Comment

Working...
      X