Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Seasonal Dragons and Spells Part 1!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Seasonal Dragons and Spells Part 1!

War Dragons Spring Season 2017 is here! This season's dragons all share the theme of new life springing from the earth and taking to the skies. See if you can see what each one is influenced by! Except Abraxxas. He's just evil.

Abraxxas, King of the Demon Dragons (Warrior)

Level 1 Malefic Breath Blue 1 Rage Dragon's flamethrower attack will inflict poisonous Gloom Clouds on targeted buildings
    Level 1 Superheated Breath White 2 Rage Increases dragon’s Flamethrower attack damage by 50% for 3 seconds
    Level 10 Fire Shield Blue 2 Rage Reduces incoming damage by 60% and heals for 10%
    Level 13 Sacrifice White 15% Max Health Dragon takes damage and gains Rage immediately

Sage, the Forest Stag (Warrior)

Level 1 Charged Shield White 2 Rage Absorbs damage until depleted then explodes dealing damage to nearby buildings
    Level 1 Thunderstorm Blue 2 Rage Summons a cloud that brings down lightning bolts which does damage over time
    Level 10 Super Rejuvenate Blue 2 Rage Restores 20% of dragon’s health over 3 seconds
    Level 13 Ice Turret Resist Passive --- Dragon takes reduced damage from Ice Turrets
    Fae, the Spring Guardian (Sorcerer)

Level 1 Chaos Blue 2 Rage Dragon will deal greatly increased damage with its attacks.
    Level 1 Invincibility Shield Blue 2 Rage Dragon becomes immune to damage for 6 seconds. Can be cancelled by Blue Mage Tower.
    Level 10 Ice Shock White --- Freezes and damages towers in a small area.
    Level 13 Lightning Resist Passive --- Dragon takes reduced damage from Lightning damage.
    Last edited by EggToken; 03-09-2017, 06:45 PM.

A few questions...
    - Does fae ice shock really use 1 rage, unlike phasmos 0 rage?
    - Is sage thunderstorm the lite (forgeable) version or the "super storm" version?
    - is there a difference between this "charged shield" and tarands "explosive shield" ?
    - i see the emerald evolve stones are now costing a huge amount. Are those evolve stones required for the mythic or you only need garnet for the mythic?
    Last edited by DirtBanga; 03-08-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      - It should not. Iceshock should be 0 Rage.
      - This is not the same as the consumable version
      - No, it should behave the same way.
      - They will be required to acquire the Mythic.

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Echo
      - This is not the same as the consumable version
      There are two consumable versions: Thunderstorm and Super Thunderstorm.
      Super Thunderstorm was too overpowered (especially on warriors) so it is no longer possible to aquire this consumable.
      Thunderstorm is the "lite" version he was talking about.

So which of those two does Sage have?

No red spells? Is this right?

Also, we assume Algor will only be a legendary Emerald, as the Mythic Sapphire Phasmos only became legendary Garnet. What happens to this Mystery Mythic Hunter? Are we getting what amounts to an Emerald Mythic in the end? Because we all know that by May, Mythic garnets go in the recycle bin for some of us.
    Last edited by Robert M.; 03-08-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

EggToken Why does super rejuvenate on sage show as white but here it's listed as blue? Would like to know which is correct so I can better decide my path.

Comment

• Spooky
        Spooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Echo confirmed it was blue in another thread.

• Echo
        Echo commented
        Editing a comment
        It's blue, the image on the season banner will be fixed tomorrow morning.

• ClaytonCarmine
        ClaytonCarmine commented
        Editing a comment
        I have take Sage because the WHITE super rejuvinate... i want my sigils and clocks back

all previous dragons have
      Superheated Breath
      Increase your flamethrower's damage for a short time
      Rage Duration Attack Bonus Color
      1 3s 20% White
      and Abraxxas have
      Superheated Breath
      Increase your flamethrower's damage for a short time
      Rage Duration Attack Bonus Color
      2 3s 50% White
      so is it right?
      Havoc and Chaos are the same spell but diferent versions with different names
      heat/blast/fire shields same spell too but different versions even with different icons
      Last edited by lynxesss; 03-08-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• EggToken
        EggToken commented
        Editing a comment
        Increased Rage cost for increased damage in the case of Abraxxas' Superheated Breath.

• lynxesss
        lynxesss commented
        Editing a comment
        with the same name and icon?

I'm a little worried about a few things

1. How this plans out for Algor
      - I have algor at around level 20 so far, yet it seems both new divine warriors easily out perform him on skills? Isn't this kind of a big f* you to those of us with Algor? It was quite a mission to get him, and he already seems very weak compared to Tarand, and now to the two new divines?

2. No red spells?

3. Abraxxis has a blue shield, shouldn't this be white?

4. Does Malefic breath's doomclouds cause which effects? Damage over time? Reduced damage output by tower? Increased damage taking by tower?

If anyone can shed some light it would help

Comment

• EggToken
        EggToken commented
        Editing a comment
        There aren't red spells for this first set of dragons, and Malefic Breath's Doom Clouds effect does additional damage over time.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they are overdoing it with the white spells.
        At first it was supposed to bring back the sorc class by adding spell flux, then it was a skill for mythic dragons, now with winter and spring season everyone gets so many dragons so easily with white spells, even lower levels.
        With this trend, mages keep loosing their value and it takes away a lot of strategy from this game as players can just spam their white spells without having to adapt too much to the base layout.

...by the way will this seasons hunters also get white spells?

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Sprectomegakai I know, that's why I said they lose value, they don't become meaningless but they will grant less protection.

Originally posted by MareZ View Post
      I think they are overdoing it with the white spells.
      At first it was supposed to bring back the sorc class by adding spell flux, then it was a skill for mythic dragons, now with winter and spring season everyone gets so many dragons so easily with white spells, even lower levels.
      With this trend, mages keep loosing their value and it takes away a lot of strategy from this game as players can just spam their white spells without having to adapt too much to the base layout.

...by the way will this seasons hunters also get white spells?
      Maybe your right, to a certain level. But, idk about you but I rarely see a warrior or a sorcerer used in wars on an all max base with defenders. It's almost always 2 hunters.

So I think white spells on both warriors and sorcerers are needed, unless pg actually makes them stronger without the spells. I've yet to see anyone really brag about a warrior in the past few tiers.

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen a lot leading with a hunter to clear mages and sand towers and a second one using a sorc like Phasmos or A&A to clear but what I wanted to say is that white spells should not become the new standard.

If they put one on a weaker class like spell flux one sorcs that should be fine.
        Putting two white spells on a mythic should be okay.
        But 1-2 white spells on every divine that every level30 can fly might be a little too much, that's all I meant to say...

• Oldmandragon
        Oldmandragon commented
        Editing a comment
        I e been on the same page about white spells. They're cool and all, but spell flux was special because it was white.

White explosive shield made its huge mark on the game because of the broken sacrifice spell until it was fixed. But lately white spells are becoming the gold standard.
        My fear, is that they will end up introducing a white Mage tower of some sort.

It just seems like an endless vicious cycle.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly my fear Oldmandragon . The white mage will obviously introduce a new sort of fragment that will be hard to get and water down gold chest contents once again.

Originally posted by YellowMonkey View Post

Maybe your right, to a certain level. But, idk about you but I rarely see a warrior or a sorcerer used in wars on an all max base with defenders. It's almost always 2 hunters.

So I think white spells on both warriors and sorcerers are needed, unless pg actually makes them stronger without the spells. I've yet to see anyone really brag about a warrior in the past few tiers.
      Sorc and Warrior are not strong enough for anybody over 200 and up (sometimes even 150s), white spells are needed for these two types of drags as they are just not strong enough, especially heath wise, on the other hand, they are great for low lvls, its a double edge sword.

Comment

I wanted a divine with 10 white spells, all super spells but have to be white and zero rage kkthx

Comment

In adversity to my last comment in this thread, and though I'm against an over abundance of white spells,
          i sure would like to see a hunter with a white cloak. Maybe even no rage cost.

Comment

• NukSooAL
            NukSooAL commented
            Editing a comment
            In that new dragon stream the other day pixxel mentioned they where working on new defensive towers ATM I'd wadger one of them will be a white mage

info about spring season end's date no exists?
          is it good news for us?)

Comment

• Spooky
            Spooky commented
            Editing a comment
            June 6. It's in the in-game season tab.

• lynxesss
            lynxesss commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn, right

Abraxxas is Epic dragon. Does he at some point evolve to legendary??

Comment

• ITIL
            ITIL commented
            Editing a comment
            When a dragon gets the 4th spell/resist, it should switch over to legendary. I don't know if Abraxxas follows the previous season with L13 on the gold evo stone, though.
            Last edited by ITIL; 03-17-2017, 07:45 PM.

Ah - nevermind 8D, not sure if this was added later, or I never tapped on the paths now...

April 5 for both Legendary and Mythic Hunters
          Last edited by ITIL; 03-25-2017, 06:43 PM.
          [ITIL isn't my IGN]
          Spreadsheet Geeks - Calculators & Dragons/Base Tracking

Comment

• YellowMonkey
            YellowMonkey commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't remember exact day. But, if you tap on the prizes for the branches that are not yet open to collect from then it will show you when it becomes available.

Breakdown of costs and tiers:
          http://www.mediafire.com/file/5kvfhn..._3_events.xlsx
          Each branch costs 24960 sigils.
          shiningstar37 (L101)

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...tat-calculator

Comment

disregard, post has appeared around 10 hours later - OP @ http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...ragon-previews
            Last edited by ITIL; 03-31-2017, 09:17 AM.
            [ITIL isn't my IGN]
            Spreadsheet Geeks - Calculators & Dragons/Base Tracking

Comment

Working...
            X