This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Dragons Spring Seasonal Dragons!

Here’s a sneak peek at what’s to come for the Spring Season of War Dragons!
    • Spring is a time when things are abuzz with new energy! In that spirit, we’re kicking off the Spring Season with a special bonus branch that will allow you to earn Abraxxas, King of the Demon Dragons! For the first two weeks, you can unlock this branch with Spring Destiny Sigils at half the normal cost! This special event begins March 8th when the Spring Season begins, and lasts until 6pm PST on Tuesday, March 21st. Afterwards, Abraxxas’ branch will still be available through the season for the regular amount of Spring Destiny Sigils.
    New Dragons!
    • The shorter bonus branch will allow you to earn Abraxxas, King of the Demon Dragons (none other but a Warrior). This branch has no prerequisites, is not required to complete the Mythic Hunter branch, and will have reduced cost for the first two weeks of the season!

When I think of a nightmare come to life, my thoughts drift to the tales of Abraxxas. The nations and empires all banded together to wage war with Abraxxas. Decades and countless lives were spent as we fought with everything we had to bring down the “King of Demon Dragons”. But even in victory, we could not slay it. We could only convince Abraxxas to rest, and slumber deep in the heart of the earth. Deep beneath the lava, far beneath the flames, Abraxxas sleeps in peace.

But when Kharnyx wakes Abraxxas, there will be only destruction.

-- Lorekeeper Ku
    • Two seasonal branches will release initially with a Legendary Sorcerer and Warrior.
    • Two additional branches will release later into the season--with a Legendary and Mythic Hunter.
    • Similar to last season, the Mythic dragon will require completion of the three previous tiers.
    • An Emerald Evolution Stone will be earnable in the branches but will NOT be usable until the Emerald tier is released at a later date.

New Cosmetic Rewards!
    • New character portraits/avatars with each branch, starting with the male and female Spring Emissaries and Kharnyx Minion.
    • New hats: Park Ranger Hat, Radical Mohawk, and Emerald Crown!

New Chest Type!
    • A special chest type will be available at the same cost as gold chests in the final two weekends of the season. These chests will have double the drop chance for Spring Destiny Sigils, and an increased amount of all the other items normally found in gold chests (ex: higher number of expedites per drop). With the introduction of this new better chest, gold chests will not be included in the double drop rate event, and will maintain the same drop rates throughout the entire season.
    Last edited by EggToken; 2 weeks ago.

Yay. Stuff.

Comment

Nix'd
      Last edited by Necrosism; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Question answered in edit.

Comment

I take it the new chest type is in lieu of the double drop chance for sigils (and, for about a day, double sigil amounts) seen at the end of previous seasons?

Comment

• EggToken
          EggToken commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct. I've made a change to the last part of the post explaining the new chest type/event for better clarity. So the difference at the end of the season will just be opening these new chests with double-sigils, but more regular chest drops.

Double sigils in a new chest and a half priced warrior. Sounds tempting. But a mythic hunter sounds even more tempting.

Sooooo, and chance of branch sigil costs?
        For the normal three branches and final mythic branch?

Comment

• TheBulldog
          TheBulldog commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you don't need all 3 for the mythic this time round.

• EggToken
          EggToken commented
          Editing a comment
          Similar to last season, the Mythic dragon will require completion of the three previous tiers.
          You do. Please let me know if that note was unclear so I can fix the phrasing

• Oldmandragon
          Oldmandragon commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, you need all three, but, abraxxas is not one of those three. It is a seperate one all together.
          Along with abraxxas, there will be a sorcerer and a warrior released,
          Then another dragon and the mythic hunter released at the same time.

Correct?

Wonder this warrior with what skills

Comment

So is Abraxxus the warrior needed for the mythic, or a totally separate warrior (IE there will be two warriors, Abraxxus bonus + another one)?

On the mythic hunter:
          "Similar to last season, the Mythic dragon will require completion of the three previous tiers."

On Abraxxus:
          "not required to complete the Mythic Hunter branch, and will have reduced cost for the first two weeks of the season!"

Comment

• Echo
            Echo commented
            Editing a comment
            Same capability as the other first three evolving dragons. Evolving, and Emerald Capable, although emerald will only be once emerald tier is release at some point later in the season.

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            So we will have all five spring season divines Emerald capable? I thought entering a tier that isn't released yet is the USP of the final mythic divine but it sounds great to make them all worthwhile!
            This also confirms that Emerald will be released before the spring season ends which I still find too early.
            You added like half a year of token costs and postpone the Emerald release only by a month or two...
            Last edited by MareZ; 2 weeks ago.

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            Echo so this is a confirmation on emerald coming out soon? If it does, I'm deleting this game.

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
          New Chest Type!
          • A special chest type will be available for purchase in the final two weekend events of the season. This chest will contain double the sigils and an increased amount of other items normally found in gold chests.
          I have 3 questions about the new type of chests:
          (1) "double the sigils"
          Do you mean double drop rate or double amount or both?
          And the "double" is compared the value of "gold chests"?
          (2) available for purchase:
          Available for purchase by rubies? Or real money? Or Both?
          (3) Will it replace the gold/silver/bronze chests at the last 2 weekends?
          If so is that means we could not use one of the 3 chests above but have to use this new type of chests in the last 2 weekends?

EggToken
          I think these questions will influence players' plan in the spring season.
          Thanks!
          Last edited by DracolichKing; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• EggToken
            EggToken commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw some confusion with the original wording, so Echo and I have tried to clarify it a bit in the original post.
            1) Rate
            2) Rubies
            3) These are basically limited-time, better gold chests

• DracolichKing
            DracolichKing commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your reply and detailed answer. EggToken
            I really appreciate it! Thumb!

DracolichKing

(1) - Double the drop rate or double the amount only, not both as we did for some of this past weekend. Yes, double the drop rate value seen in gold chests.
          (2) - They will cost these same amount of rubies as gold chests, and will be in the armory.
          (3) - It will replace silver chests during the last weekend. And you will not be able to use silver chests during those weekends.

Comment

• DracolichKing
            DracolichKing commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much for clear my confusion.
            I really appreciate your help and prompt reply!
            Echo

Thumb!!
            Last edited by DracolichKing; 2 weeks ago.

So essentially, you've taken the player request for less Divines and increased it to five Divines in three months!

Comment

• PlayerJ
            PlayerJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, The Oldman speaks wise truth!

It is like Divine-ception!
            A Divine with in a Divine!

*Dark chants in the background*
            CHA CHA CHA HA HA HA

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh look, something shiny!

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Oldmandragon I think you mixed this one up. If I understand it right the shorter branch will be cheaper in the beginning of the season and will be optional. The new chest will be offered at the end of the season so those two "special offers" do not overlap.

I could wait until tmrw but...could u plz specify what branch will give what portrait?

Comment

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
            I saw some confusion with the original wording, so Echo and I have tried to clarify it a bit in the original post.
            1) Rate
            2) Rubies
            3) These are basically limited-time, better gold chests
            So basically y'all made it where players can now not save chests till the end of the season and open them during the double sigil weekends(because the increase is now a totally different type of chest)? Lol, I look forward to reading all the fuss over this.

Comment

• PlayerJ
              PlayerJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly, Yellow!

• MaQleod
              MaQleod commented
              Editing a comment
              This has pros and cons. Pro - I can use my gold chests for the events I choose, which will be nice for specific items I'm short on. When I saved last season, I only could use them on build and IF event. Con - I will get far fewer sigils this way as the chests earned will be split between two types, and one type will only be available for two weeks, so I don't have time to earn many. This kinda sucks because there are now 4 branches + mythic, so more sigils if you want to get all the way, which really means more spending. I got all 4 last time, so I think I'm just gonna take this season easy and max out only one branch

• wardragonslayne
              wardragonslayne commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed.. PG increased sigils for winter and tracked spending.. and noticed no uptick.. so they had an aha moment and realized people are hording chests... So now they have their new plan to milk the player community.. I am guessing if a spending embargo happens to coincide with that.. the sigil amount will magically double again, haha.

This all sounds pretty nice, and looking forward to seeing what new drags we can go for. Only bad thing is that with 5 new drags, the food economy is only going to get worse...(cringe)
            _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• reDRum
              reDRum commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^^ hopefully someone at PG is thinking about that and has a plan. It's bad enough now as it is, add thousands of people with potentially 5 new dragons to feed and we are back to a famine

• Owlrager
              Owlrager commented
              Editing a comment
              OMD 😂 Toucheé

• TheBulldog
              TheBulldog commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I agree owl. Pure craziness shooting out 5 drags.

Why we have to wait for hunter again? Thats sad.It should be warrior that we will release later.

Comment

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I don't know what I should do with two warriors and a sorcerer but let's see their spellsets first

who cares about the dragons, I want the crown!

Comment

• PlayerJ
              PlayerJ commented
              Editing a comment
              lol

I was thinking the same thing.
          Working...
          X