Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Fixes!

Dragon Lords,

Up until now the Fire and Ice turrets have had a number of issues that have allowed them to be used to gain base power and levels at a higher rate than intended (when matched against other towers). We’re releasing some fixes for these towers to bring them in line with other towers and make sure they no longer get abused.

Fire Turret:
    • Made sure the Fire Turret levels have the appropriate Builder Hut requirements
    • Fixed lumber costs to bring them in line with other towers

Ice Turret:
    • Fixed lumber costs to bring them in line with other towers of equivalent levels

Here are the changes to lumber costs for clarity:

Level Previous Amount New Amount
    36 668068 749760
    38 668168 831552
    40 668268 913344
    42 668368 995136
    44 668468 1076928

In addition to these fixes we have fixed an issue with breeding Renard and Gloomclaw. They now have a chance to breed Gorgonus, Jul or give out a garnet egg.

So how does this play out for the players who invested into the level 44 fire towers without needing the max builder hut for them? Are those towers rolled back? Are they allowed to stay as is? Will the players be compensated in lumber packs/shards/timers if the towers are rolled back?

That's hundreds of days in timers that would have been wasted if they get rolled back.

Comment

• Brigitte25
      Brigitte25 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was able to level one fire turret to 45. I didn't even notice it was cheap (I always have more lumber than I need) and since I already had a max archer, I guess I had met the builder hut requirement. Not everyone is "exploiting" PG's errors, although we all pay the price for the ones that negatively affect us. It's pretty offensive the constant blaming of players for PG's errors. Sure there are a lot of cheaters. I have been trying to report a suspected cheater to Jared through IGS and have had my support request closed 3 times so far. But the implication that anyone whomleveleed up,ice and fire turrets is sneaky and taking advantage is outrageous.

So how are you going to compensate the players that weren't able to upgrade their fire and ice turrets to lvl 44 in time? And keep the playing field competitive. Or are you going to roll back all the players that have maxed their turrets to make it fair.
    This is what we keep complaining about. You guys keep making changes with no thought to the over all impact of the game.
    The strong get stronger while the weak get weaker.
    Wake up PG.

Comment

So now for those who don't invest much in this game, they will be hugely affected by this change. By raising the wood requirements, new players are forced to spend more to upgrade the building hut, and storage hut (which takes a tremendously long time to upgrade after level 53 - 42d)
      You should stop with this increase unless you reduce the building time for storage. Otherwise, people will quit after seeing 42d construction time

Comment

Makes sense Jared. No reason why they shouldn't be in line. Good stuff.

Comment

That's fine. Now we all want to see something similar to address the cost of Sapphire and Garnet dragons. Here's how that might read...

Up until now Sapphire and Garnet dragons have had a number of issues that have caused them to be bred at a slower rate than intended (when matched against other dragons). We’re releasing some fixes for these dragons to bring them in line with other dragons and to make sure that they are reasonably attainable.
          Last edited by Dravoz; 03-06-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

My builder hut will be maxed in a week and my storage is pretty much high enough regardless. I also already have level 45 fire turrets so in the grand scheme of things I'm reletively unaffected by this.

that being said I do feel like it is extremely unfair to the people who were not able to max out fire turrets early on. Not sure which is worse the adding the builder hut requiremts that should have existed already or the having to have super high storage to max. Either way it's pretty insulting to the people who didn't max things out already.

Oh well I guess, this is stuff that should have been fixed right away not 4-6 months after release.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapsidy View Post
              So how does this play out for the players who invested into the level 44 fire towers without needing the max builder hut for them? Are those towers rolled back? Are they allowed to stay as is? Will the players be compensated in lumber packs/shards/timers if the towers are rolled back?

That's hundreds of days in timers that would have been wasted if they get rolled back.
              Nothing is rolling back. We're just changing the requirements. So someone who has a fire tower with a higher builder hut requirement than they currently have will not be able to advance their fire tower until they get their builder hut where it needs to be.

Comment

• Rapsidy
                Rapsidy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the clarification.

• niks
                niks commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't you think that's unfair? The one who upgraded his turret from 35 to 41 with the same storage is gonna enjoy them while we waste so many speedups on storage to catch up to them 50 levels later . Absolute crap . This was the first thing i saw this morning and it has really pissed me off . I'm almost thinking of quitting and yeah i will be asking for refund from apple for a pack i just bought

Originally posted by Captainhook_0 View Post
              So how are you going to compensate the players that weren't able to upgrade their fire and ice turrets to lvl 44 in time? And keep the playing field competitive. Or are you going to roll back all the players that have maxed their turrets to make it fair.
              This is what we keep complaining about. You guys keep making changes with no thought to the over all impact of the game.
              The strong get stronger while the weak get weaker.
              Wake up PG.
              There will be neither compensation nor will there be a rollback. This was an unbalanced feature that some players took advantage of for far too long. Honestly we should have fixed this months ago. Just because someone else had access to a broken feature doesn't mean you should have access to it as well. Rolling people back would also be unfair because at this point many folks are heavily invested in those fire towers and there isn't a clean way to give them back all the lumber and resources that were put into those towers.

Comment

• niks
                niks commented
                Editing a comment
                And yet they are going to enjoy that broken feature at low level. A level 120 with level 45 turret will have more defense than me

• Wr9tch9d
                Wr9tch9d commented
                Editing a comment
                This is absolutely unfair and illogical. What it really and only means is that now, who invest has to pay much more to have the same things that someone else had spending less. What PG did is just a costs rise. Call it by his real name, please.

• Captainhook_0
                Captainhook_0 commented
                Editing a comment
                So there will be no roll backs? Couldn't increasing the requirements needed to upgrade turrets now ,due to an error on PG's part,and something that should have been fixed months ago, be considered a roll back?

PGJared what will happen if someone has a level 44 fire cooking? It'll finish and be capped until a level 27 builder? I'm just curious how it'll patch people that have a upgrade in progress.

Comment

I could be wrong but it seems like one of the biggest fixes PG seemed to focus on was something that wasn't exactly broken and essentially costs more. Not that it shouldn't but I was hoping for other fixes for other things.

Comment

• Sandberg74
                  Sandberg74 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If it is a benefit to the players, or just some of them, its gets to the top the the developers backlog.

Originally posted by TheBulldog View Post
                Makes sense Jared. No reason why they shouldn't be in line. Good stuff.
                So wrong! Doesn't make sense at all, it's quite a big mistake because it's not fair at all for those who don't have max fire turrets while some already took advantage of this.

PGJared The most fair thing to do is let it so until there will be new towers and implement there the right values from 46 up, the damage was done anyway

Comment

• MareZ
                  MareZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Two things should be considered: It wasn't a sale (it wasn't intended to be like that) and it's creating an unfair advantage in a competitive game.
                  If it was a 10% discount from a store, that's a planned sale that usually states the duration of the sale.

Don't get me wrong, a fix was long overdue, but once again PG messes up in the way they are trying to fix their mistakes. Would have been enough to just put the builder hut req on the fire turret and be done with it.

They never changed the fall divine's wrong den caps but I guess nobody gives a shit about those level ranges anymore.
                  Seems that 120-170 players now fall under this category aswell.

• Oldmandragon
                  Oldmandragon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And to put things into perspective.
                  Since it's suddenly so unfair for lower level players that won't get to max them for the original amount.
                  How about newer players now paying less tokens for lower level dragons that we once paid more for?
                  Or how about those same players even having access to fire and ice turrets at lower levels that we never had a chance to get?
                  Balancing has to be done at some point. It can't always be benificial to everyone and you can't always get comepensated for changes.
                  It's just the way things are.

• niks
                  niks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I totally agree now if am a level 118 with only level 35 tower paired with level 118 with level 41 turret who do you think will have more defense power? Now i invest a lot of time and money on my base to make it better than the most but now that all goes to hell

Okay well I guess the fix makes sense, the problem is that it took you so damn long to realize such basic mistakes that basically everyone who could already took advantage of it.
                You never changed the wrong den requirements for Fall Divines, so why change the turrets?
                I'm okay with the wrong builder hut requirement being fixed, but why the increase in lumber cost?

Last Fort event I got my Fire and Ice turrets to 41 with only a lvl40 storage, my other towers are max 34 at this point.
                Surely there's an imbalance and I have to upgrade my storage anyway but in order to catch up to everyone who already has lvl44 towers I will need to get my storage from 40 to 59!

That's 430 days of speedups.
                Four hundred thirty days.
                1,18 YEARS.
                Granting close to zero XP.

Thank you so much PGJared !

I think that really fixed a lot of issues, I can't wait for the next timer nerf in gold chests.

Now throw new divines at me for Spring Seasons so I can forget about this. It's not like base strength matters anyway unless you got enough money for 300+.
                Last edited by MareZ; 03-07-2017, 03:27 AM.
                MareZ ~ lvl16X ~ Sapphire Mythic Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• BaronVonRukh
                  BaronVonRukh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just sitting in exactly the same boat ...*but I didn't make the time speeder calculation yet.

• niks
                  niks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally agree with you marez only builder hut requirements for towers above level 41 should be increased

• niks
                  niks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PGJared this is exactly what you should do right now

PG Could you please stop working by the Mantra "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over!"

Before you release things, make sure it's right to start with.

Comment

At what date/time these fixes will go live?

Comment

• SilentOne
                    SilentOne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course because all those who want to take advantage of it, need to know how long they've got before the opportunity is taken away from them. LOL

• MareZ
                    MareZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm upgrading my fire turret right now so I suggest do it while you still can lol

• niks
                    niks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes atleast give us 2 more months before it goes live
                Working...
                X