Update to Kastor and Fixed Lockdown Spell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to Kastor and Fixed Lockdown Spell

We have a small update coming up with a update to Kastor's model and a bug fix on Lockdown:
    • Fixed an issue with the Lockdown spell not correctly displaying its visual effect of a net disabling towers it is cast on.
    • Kastor's age was starting to show, so we have updated its appearance to be closer to a dragon not quite past their prime.

Why change the dragon?

Comment

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      We've noticed (and probably some players have too) that our best work on the art side of things has been more towards the later stages of the game. Kastor's revamp was a trial to revisit our earlier dragons and give them and upgrade to our more current art direction. New players discover the world of War Dragons each day and we want them to feel like the dragons they earn are actually really awesome.

Shout out to Kevin.

They should have to climb through all the shitty low level drags we had to...😂

Comment

• EggToken
      EggToken commented
      Editing a comment
      "Back in my day, we had to fly our dragons in the rain and snow, upwind both ways!" -- The First War Dragons Player (probably)

• Psa
      Psa commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to fly my dragons with just one tap, none of this multiple tapping on hunters 😂

This is what we're working on? Kastor? Are we serious? New players barely use this. They can breed kinnara in about three days of work. The priorities up in that high castle are really astounding to me. Thanks for taking your time to repaint a red dragon. What a step forward!

Comment

I would prefer to see artists focus on stuff that impacts more people (like base appearance, new dragons, etc). The tiers before Orange are progressed very quickly and the artwork is fine imo.

Comment

Lol I don't even remember what he used to look like tbh

Comment

Lol so we updated the model of a dragon that most players have for less than a day?

If you had to go back and re do and old dragon why not one that is used like Kinarra?

Comment

can we get an ETA on when everyone's favorite dragon, Hext, will get some cosmetic surgery? how about the towers being different after say the last change on level 15. you know, change the appearance every 5 levels like it used to be. i so want to see a lvl45 fire turret looking similar to the Eye of Mordor...

Comment

• DirtBanga
              DirtBanga commented
              Editing a comment
              This is a great suggestion - more tower art !

While you're at it...

Why is the lava just floating into the water and then just disappears on the water surface
            Last edited by castix; 02-01-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Our artists are working on a ton of different things all at the same time, so it's a little narrow-sighted to say that Kastor took all of our art pipeline to update. The early game might not be as relevant to the general population of the people here on the forums, but it's still seen by countless new players each day. Bases, towers, and spells all have improvements in the works, so you'll just have to wait in see what's coming next!

Comment

• Sabin76
                Sabin76 commented
                Editing a comment
                I, for one, look forward to flying a newly polished Kastor when that miracle event comes back... because it IS coming back, right? Right?!

EggToken would like to see some new designs to differentiate tower levels kind of like with the cannon gaining more barrels (which stop after a point unfortunately) Also, recolored dragons could possibly get a makeover?

Comment

• odie1993
                odie1993 commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks for trying to steal my idea posted above.

• EggToken
                EggToken commented
                Editing a comment
                Keeping the readability of towers (i.e. how well you can tell at-a-glance how powerful they are) and how it would impact performance is something that needs great consideration when thinking about how to update the appearance of higher level towers. This is something that we'll take into consideration,, but we'll have to see where it fits in among some of the higher priority art changes in the game.

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                EggToken after lvl15 towers there is no readability so we have to memorize which of those towers are going to hurt us and which are lower level. Try to do that when you follow a team mate in battle so you couldn't pre-plan the base setup and you also need time to check which dragon you want to use or pick dragon boosts/resists. I don't think we need a different design or color for every single tower level and drain the performance but it would be great to see a difference between a 35 and a 45 tower.

I'd rather see the art efforts go into the sapphire tier recolors. Klax, Durga, and Naga, I mean.

Comment

I really like how Kastor looks now!

I wish you had a way to evolve him out of Red Tier to make him be more relevant in other tiers.

Comment

Lockdown spell been broken for months. Good to see something gettin fixed for once.

Next fix due 2020 👉👌
                  Commend my persistence ^.^

Comment

• Sabin76
                    Sabin76 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lockdown has actually been fixed for several weeks now (in terms of what the ability does). The only thing that was broken recently was the animation as far as I could tell.

Any chance that this update fixes the broken chat and being able to attack or defend? Since 2.71 it's affected a lot of us, personally I can participate only when connected to one specific wifi network, meaning I can play 2 days a week.

the fact that we were told it would be fixed in he first update after (2.80) and still there's no fix is shambolic, nobody gives a crap about a new look for a crappy low level dragon when some of your bigger players can't even play.

Comment

Working...
                  X