Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Levels for Towers and Production Buildings

Dragon Lords,

In an upcoming update we are going to be increasing all tower level caps by 1, and increasing Sheep Farm and Lumber Mill level caps by 3. This means that towers will be able to go to level 45, while production buildings will be able to go to level 35.

This is not an indication of a new tier of dragons or anything of the sort, and is simply a balance update.

Here are the costs and production amounts for the new levels of Farms / Mills:

Level -- Upgrade Cost -- Harvest -- Production Amount

Level 33 -- 192,000 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 78,750
    Level 34 -- 201,216 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 82,530
    Level 35 -- 210,432 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 86,310
    Last edited by PGJared; 01-25-2017, 02:04 PM.

Very Wise Decision PGJared!

The game is having problem with resources!
    Your idea is to increase the players ability to produce more resources!

Thus, The entire game will have more resources hanging around!
    I guess you guys do read player request after all!

Good for you!

Comment

• Igster
      Igster commented
      Editing a comment
      J! Stop yelling!!!!
      !
      !
      !
      😜!

Good to see a modest increase of 1 level on towers. The prior iterations of 5 levels have felt too soon but I think most people will be happy with this.

Comment

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree!

In addition, The game got the ability to produce more resources!
      It is a resource boost which was desperately needed!

I was actually thinking about this recently with all of the complaints about food on the high end. Are dragons just too powerful for the bases they go against? Does a base full of level 44 (soon to be 45) towers usually take 3+ dragons to finish? If a dragon can solo a capped out base (that's laid out well), then that would add to the perceived RSS problem because it's so easy to take them from you. If, on the other hand, it regularly takes 5 dragons to take out a capped base then the problem lies elsewhere.

Comment

• Shenanigans
      Shenanigans commented
      Editing a comment
      PlayerJ great you can do math, unfortunately you are so consumed in analyzing the tower attack power. The only thing that really matters is dragon damage per second and tower health. Please feel free to continue to rant on and on with useless information.

• Sabin76
      Sabin76 commented
      Editing a comment
      PlayerJ but it's already been done for you. As has been pointed out, the "Attack/Defense Power" stat is all but meaningless. It was an attempt at synthesizing all of the stats on a dragon and getting a single number to represent how powerful that dragon is, but it has many flaws that reduce it's ability to actually be that representation. Doing a comparison is not going to give you any useful information. Hell, the attack power stat assumes all spells are the same! That in and of itself should be grounds for completely ignoring it.

Now, I'd argue that you'd need to look at more than just Dragon DPS vs Tower HP (Dragon HP vs Tower DPS, and what spells a dragon has are all very meaningful), but using attack power and/or defense power is not the way to go. I actually wish they'd get rid of it and use something else... the problem is, "what to use instead?"

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      @Shenanigans

Dragon Damage + Defense Unit Health only play a factor when a building is getting attacked/destroyed.
      However, They are not the only 2 factors which make up the Algorithm.
      You have to add other factors such as Original Attack, Attack Duration, & Bonuses.

In addition, The information above only demonstrates the damage of a Dragon upon a Defense Unit.
      My post was never about the damage of Dragons upon a Defense Unit!

My argument was about the Defense Units damage upon a Dragon!
      The damage a Defense Unit does to a Dragon has to be factored by using a separate Algorithm.

In order to factor that amount, you have to use the Defense Units Original Attack + Attacks Per Second + Attack Duration + Bonuses.
      Than you have to factor in the Dragons Health.

The game doesn't use Damage Per Second when it deals with Defense Units.
      It uses Attack Per Second.

If you look on Amoeba website, The "Attack Power" he has labeled for the units in question isn't the real "Original Attack Power"

Amoeba has a level 1 archery labeled at 765 Attack Power.
      The above amount Amoeba used was a nice presentation!
      It gave players an idea of what an Archery at level 1 can do.
      Amoeba used a simple approach in order to get the "765"

The Real Original Attack Power of a level 1 archery is 289
      The above amount is than factored into an Equation with Attacks Per Second, Attack Duration, & Bonuses.

Amoeba didn't feel like finding the Algorithm.
      Which I don't blame him! It takes to much work to find all this crap!
      Thus, What "Amoeba" did was used a Multiplier!

The multiplier he used was 2.65x
      The multiplier of 2.65 is simple approach at guessing what the other items are in the mix!

289 x 2.65 = "765"

This is how Amoeba got his amounts!
      The problem of course is the game allows players to "Manipulate different components in the mix"!

This is why people have trouble trying to figure out Lighting Towers!
      People look at Amoeba website:

Than they look at a level 1 archer with 765 attack + 1,040 special attack
      Than they look at a level 1 lighting with 474 attack + 1,078 special attack

The figures make it seem bad.
      However, Players use lighting towers all the time with great effect!
      The reason why is because of the components which make up these amounts can change hugely! Especially when players start stacking or unlocking higher research!
      These things can manipulate different portions of the equation!

Thus, In closing everything I said on my previous post wasn't a rant.
      I was in the zone talking about how Defense Units have been butchered!

Even though Amoeba's figures are not 100% authentic.
      I can fully support them! Since it is a very realistic approach.
      Amoeba's figures can prove fairly easy how bad Defense Units have been butchered.

Which is exactly why the game has released a new level into Defense Units + new levels in Farms.
      It is a very noble attempt by PG to re-balance the game!

It helps re-balance resources!
      It helps re-balance defenses!

You see!
      If you don't understand how bad Defenses + Resources were being butcher in the game, You wouldn't be rejoicing & celebrating as loud as people who do!
      Look at me for example:

I been celebrating for 2 days now!
      I'm so happy!

PG has helped fix the game!
      It is wonderful. They deserve a pat on the back!
      I give them an A for great effort!

@Sabin76

The Attack Power is used in the calculations.
      They have to be used!

The only Attack Power open to speculation is out sourced information.
      Information compiled by players in the game to try and interpret the game!
      There are several websites out which try to do this.
      Of course, You have to be careful when using out sourced information compiled by people.

In my previous post, I used the Attack Power of Amoeba site.
      I have gone to a lot of different websites which show Attack Power/ game information.
      I don't trust several different websites!

I do trust Amoeba's figures.
      Amoeba used the real attack power in his calculations.
      Than he used an multiplier to apply Attack Per Second along with other stuff etc.

The below amount of Cannons is the Attack Power

467,238 level 40 cannon
      693,598 level 44 cannon

or
      [A better explanation of the above amount is the "Real Attack Power of Cannons" being multiplied by a multiplier(2.65)]
      The multiplier being used tries to combine Attack Per Second, Attack Duration, & Bonuses into a simplified amount.

I than compared the above figures to those of a Dragon!

8,891,275 apophet attack power
      23,872,287 aquileaus attack power

The above amounts is the "Real Attack Power Amounts"
      However, I am not using a multiplier in these figures!!!!!!
      I still have to account for Damage Per Second, Attack Duration, & Bonuses!

Which means these figures which are jacked up high are going to get even more jacked up higher when the multiplier hits them!
      We "Know" this with out even looking at a Tower or Dragon Health bar!

Amoeba's figures have already proven the problem which exist here!

However, the game probably did this on purpose!
      They probably did it so that they can release more tower levels slowly in the future!
      As they do the game can become more balanced etc.

It isn't a bad plan.
      Most people liked the modest increase.

I can see PG doing this every month!
      Increase tower levels 1 or 2 times during building events only!

With in 5 to 8 months tower levels will have increased at least 5 -10 levels!
      By the time that happens Defense Units will than be to high for Garnet Dragons to win.
      At which point they can than release the new Dragon Tier!
      Last edited by PlayerJ; 01-27-2017, 08:50 AM.

Will these farms' and mills' level increase require more saphire or garnet eggs to upgrade the builder first, like the last addition to farm and mill level increases?

Or will the level increase just be added to the already capped builder I have that is already requiring 4 extra saphire eggs? With which I only have 2 at the moment.

That last bit was unnecessary information.

Comment

• NinAK
      NinAK commented
      Editing a comment
      So far that I can see no builder hut upgrade required but I didn't max mine out yet, for the next level passed the previous max you don't need a builder upgrade.

• Robert M.
      Robert M. commented
      Editing a comment
      My builder is maxed and there was no new upgrade option introduced.

The greed is getting out of control, with the massive increase in storage hit build times to this in the picture below, not even that much stronger yet that crazy amount of days?

Comment

• NinAK
      NinAK commented
      Editing a comment
      Robert M. You are sounding mostly like a pg employee or a huge spender following a few of your posts. If you think that is an acceptable build time then you must have unlimited rss. So what's next the new max will be 49 should those cost 75 days each? Then level 50 towers will be 85 days each. They are scaling up way to fast

• Robert M.
      Robert M. commented
      Editing a comment
      NinAK if the upgrade time is too cheap, more people will have them. Should we see half of the community with maxed towers without having to pay handsomely? The dragons to kill them are insanely expensive. Yes, I do think that if you want to max out a tower instantly, it should cost what it costs. With only the rubies in the big value pack, you can magically make 2.5 towers turn from 44 to 45 (27,000 rubies x (5,900 per 19 day super pack in the forge).

Everyone has tens of thousands of shards, and the fire and ice were drastically easier to build extremely high than the other towers. 38 days for a level 45 isn't what is insane. The amount of speed clocks in prizing is a total joke, and the amount of wood (and food) packs in prizing is a joke. I dont think the cost is a problem, I think the tiny prizes in the top tiers are an insult, and don't get me started on the global slap-in-the-face prizes. I think the lack of return for solid active play is a slap in the face. I'm not one of the high levels with no medals. I was here when we played all weekend with minimal expense and got the good prizes.

Yes, I bought myself some towers and dragons. I don't own a $300 Xbox with a stack of $60 game discs, or a $4000 gaming PC with a $1200 VR system. I help pay the salary of the people who go out to expensive SanFrancisco lunches and don't fix our bugs. Sorry for that I guess. I have bought game items in moderation for almost two years. I'm not your problem. The problem is the people that PG knew would buy all of the garnet dragons day one and cry for more crap to buy the very next breeder event. They are the ones who keep the cartel pushing more and more cocaine up our noses.
      Last edited by Robert M.; 01-26-2017, 07:03 AM.

• itsjustjoe
      itsjustjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Robert, I agree with you about some exclusivity on the really good stuff - if you want it NOW you have to pay for it, and I can see your point on that, since the content in question is newly released. But when you say cost isn't the problem; prizes are the problem - that is just a reverse of the same thing. If prizes were awesome, the cost wouldn't be so bad. Conversely if the costs weren't so egregious, the current prizes wouldn't be so bad.

These do not require additional builder hut upgrades versus the previous max level.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
      Oldmandragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. 👍👍

Ouch - guess its a good thing they nerfed timer drops then!!! Yikes.

Comment

PGJared is 48d and no 24h clock added simply a mistake? I like to think so...

Comment

• gaza8143
        gaza8143 commented
        Editing a comment
        Never mind 24h clocks we need 7d clocks and 30d clocks now!!

• Owlrager
        Owlrager commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what good having 24h clocks would be, its not as if they would be the same price/forge time as 12s. In prizes they would just be 1/2 as many etc...

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        In prizes at least?

+1 tower level is a very good compromise of giving your high spenders a chance to spend during fortification event and not making a drastic change for the other 99.5%.
      good job on that. the only thing i think is ridiculous is the 45d building time haha

Comment

Seriously?! 47 days to upgrade ONE TOWER? Seeing these build times is discouraging from a lower level player's perspective.

At least you have to pay to build 2 at a time

Comment

• Sabin76
          Sabin76 commented
          Editing a comment
          To be frank, last fort even I used about 200 days worth of speedups (level ~70) and in the month it's been since, I've gained it all back with nothing spent beyond an elite account.

• PlayerJ
          PlayerJ commented
          Editing a comment
          @itsjustjoe

After reading the below statement by you:

For ME, I need a little incentive to keep beating my head against the wall with such little variety - so little milestones, upgrades, achievements, etc are my motivator - not the game play itself.

Maybe the reason you have no incentive is because of your competitive nature?
          You are up against tough competition trying to compete with them.

Perhaps you should drop down to Silver League!
          To level 10 players, You will be a religious icon!
          They would probably worship you in Silver League!

How much incentive would you have playing the game if people worshiped you as their hero?
          My guess is you would get rejuvenated!

• itsjustjoe
          itsjustjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did all that come from? I just had to shake my head at that one lol

It's not about competition, it's about progression. Lack of progression is boring to me.

Perhaps level 46 towers could be ruby-only towers. Sell via a Dutch auction and limit to top 500 bidders to extract maximum value. 120 day build time. Give winning bidders a 3 month exclusivity period.

If high level towers are now Veblen goods let's go all the way.

Comment

• itsjustjoe
          itsjustjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to Google 'Veblen goods' lol. This explains a lot of my wife's preferences.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          They also call it the "Snob Effect"

Why are you all surprised? Level 44s already need 42d 6h 1m (if Amoeba is right on his website).
        MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• Robert M.
          Robert M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Minus over 20% from research, but yeah. The problem isn't increased time requirement, it's the horrible clock payouts.

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn you jinxed it! I now have more than enough lumber packs to max the event but ran out of clocks

Originally posted by PGJared View Post
        Dragon Lords,

In an upcoming update we are going to be increasing all tower level caps by 1, and increasing Sheep Farm and Lumber Mill level caps by 3. This means that towers will be able to go to level 45, while production buildings will be able to go to level 35.

This is not an indication of a new tier of dragons or anything of the sort, and is simply a balance update.

Here are the costs and production amounts for the new levels of Farms / Mills:

Level -- Upgrade Cost -- Harvest -- Production Amount

Level 33 -- 192,000 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 78,750
        Level 34 -- 201,216 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 82,530
        Level 36 -- 210,432 Lumber -- 12 hours -- 86,310

is there a level 35?

Comment

• Owlrager
          Owlrager commented
          Editing a comment
          Max is 35, i think 36 is a typo - should be 35.

• Robert M.
          Robert M. commented
          Editing a comment
          More importantly, can phasmos and algor skip level 35 too? That's a nice savings in food.

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          Whooops, typo. Thanks for the catch.

PGJared - can you please post the complete info for L45 towers and for the 3 new levels of farm/mill upgrades? I'm trying to update my fortification planning tool to include the new levels, and to do so, I need things like XP earned per level, wood cost for level 45 towers, time needed for level 45 towers, etc. I can get some info from the screenshot above for fire towers, but not for traditional DPS towers.

Essentially if you could please post what Amoeba includes for farms, mills, and for combat towers (for the L45 upgrade), I can get things right in my Fort planner as well.
        "The only winning move is not to play" first Wargames, and now War Dragons

Check out my Base/Fortification Event Planning Tool

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Amoeba is still alive, just poke him

• Amoeba
          Amoeba commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone poked me

I'll update it when I get to work tomorrow. Thx.
          Last edited by Amoeba; 01-26-2017, 10:55 PM.
      Working...
      X