Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporarily Suspending Ashenvale Alliance Chat

Dragon Lords,

We are going to be temporarily suspending the Ashenvale Alliance chat system. Right now we simply do not have a good way to have a live chat with our players where PG staff are constantly available, and many messages are being missed by us as they happen outside our normal operating hours. We're going to be taking this back to the drawing board to figure out what we can do to make this a positive experience for everyone involved.

Great news!☺️Do you want to make it open to new members, or its composition does not change? thanks for the answer.

Comment

• PGJared
      PGJared commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, membership will rotate once we bring it back. (At least, that's my current working idea. Will discuss more once we're closer to relaunch.)

@PGJared if you read the Ashenvale Alliance chat we have been waiting over 32hrs for a answer on the same topic which has been totally ignored

Comment

• PGJared
      PGJared commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm aware. I'm hopping into the chat right now to discuss a few things.

How is cutting off the one way players have to communicate live with admin a step towards improving customer service/support? I dont understand.
    _____________πŸ—‘πŸ₯πŸ”ͺ_____________

Comment

Owlrager My thoughts exactly. We have provided some excellent feedback in this chat to help improve things for the community. This seems like a move backwards, however I hope the temporary comment is correct and this will return quickly

Comment

Lmao......they can rake in millions off us but can't get a live chat to work....

Comment

To be perfectly honest I never understood the thought behind a live chat to the devs system when devs arent on all the time.
          www.wardragons-strategy.com
          The one place to find all you need to get better at War Dragons!

Comment

Mortium I never understood it either. But also with all the different time zones this game covers it's impossible to cover them all.

it has always seemed to me that a separate forum or even a section of this forum open only to Ashenvale invitees would be a better idea. It's not "live" maybe. But it's easier to make sure no messages get lost or overlooked.
            What, me worry?

Comment

I'm not a part of the Ashenvale chat nor do I need to be but I agree that a dedicated forum would be best. Live chat is nice to get quick responses and ask clarifying questions. A live chat could be set up at select times for X amount of time for instances where live interaction is needed.

Comment

• Cameron90
                Cameron90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why? So they can ignore us even more?

• CaptainC
                CaptainC commented
                Editing a comment
                Most types of forum software have mods available to add a live chat room into them of some type. So both can be easily done in one place.

• PGJared
                PGJared commented
                Editing a comment
                Adding live chat into the crumbling infrastructure of vBulletin would probably be a bad idea. We might be able to do something for the new platform though.

Wait, so Jared means to tell us that the employees of a mobile gaming technology company can't figure out how to see chat history? You miss messages how? This isn't all on a server?

Comment

So this has been over a month now since this was suspended. I still personally believe this is the wrong move and this chat provided great input direct to admins. When issues with events happened this allowed instant feedback and provided a good way to integrate different people together.

Maybe this forum could be used to discuss the player requests in further detail with people from all leagues and teams. Seems a good way to obtain player feedback in realtime.

now that egg token is about can we have this group put back together?
                PGJared Echo EggToken

Comment

I'd advise a bit more discretion about who joins in the next iteration just to save you the headache of fielding general information questions that are able to be answered elsewhere.

Comment

You only need three people really. Just add LX, YellowMonkey, and Shen of dread. Thats all you need.

Comment

• Lx460
                      Lx460 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's perfection right there.

• Psa
                      Psa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      πŸ˜‚ Would be a quiet, turn taking, discussion.

• Shenanigans
                      Shenanigans commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I second this notion

This is something that we are definitely planning to bring back, but there are some community (i.e. forum) improvements that we want to complete before doing so in order to make it a MUCH better experience. I know it's lame to hear me say "just sit tight, it'll be worth it", but I really think it will be.

Comment

EggToken

Thats good to hear. Be even better if you were involving some of the original AA members to obtain their thoughts and opinions.

Is this likely to be soon or more likely a change for the middle of the year.

Thanks
                      Psa

Comment

• odie1993
                        odie1993 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think the original AA members got more accomplished for the players then any of the following iterations of AA.
                    Working...
                    X