Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my opinion on obsidian tier. It totally amazes me how disconnected from the player base pg is. Numbers on how many players have certain things does not show what players want. Period.
    x7DeadlyGoobsx

Comment

Originally posted by MikeGoN2GetU View Post
      EggToken

There you have it. Obsidian = bad idea. I love that you created this threat looking for feedback but if you actually listened to feedback you would have known all this already. I don't even know why i'm writing here since you will continue to ignore the feedback you asked for. But on the off chance you do here it is: You need help narrow the gap between the whales and the rest, not make it wider. There are ways to do that, some of which i even suggested yesterday. If PG doesn't actively work to narrow the gap this game is doomed.
      Well said, they are simply burying this game each season. The thing is every one wants new dragon tiers but they dont want them to be impossible to reach and enormous stop gaps. PG nees to redo all the numbers of towers and Dragons and get them cheaper and closer together. They SHOULD release new tiers every season, it SHOULD be exciting, just make the game enjoyable for the 99% and you would have even more success, its not rocket science.

The whales are utter morons with more money then sence, lol i heard the stories they couldent even wait a couple hours for the breed event to start before bending over and blowing their loads. These fools will just buy anything new and expensive and its very possible to take advantage of them while not alienating most of the players and tanking PG's integredy. I can think of tons of ways to make things beter for all and still make huge profits.

I am more furious with this company then ever and regreting being lured back after nearly stopping activity! What do we expect I guess, when all they have to do is disguse gambling with dragons and rape idiots with money (hell i would too) However it makes them complacent and lazy, and makes a bad product, yay capitalism!
      Last edited by Chromat1; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i am Glad you agree with me, but i wouldn't call the whales morons. They have money, lets not be jealous about that. PG needs them to keep this game going and in that sense we all need them.

Also i dont think we need a new tier every season. That's a little too aggressive even for the whales to handle. They simply need to close the gap between the whales and the rest. As i stated yesterday the easiest way would be to heavily discount the amount of frags needed for older tiers as new ones get released, and cut back building times for older towers as more higher level ones get added. If PG has a better way to narrow the gap that's fine, but something needs to change.
        Last edited by MikeGoN2GetU; 3 weeks ago.

I don't think releasing obsidian tier is too soon. The problem is not that at all. The real problem is the disparity between low level players and high level players, and between whales and non whales.

Game progress was fine before Sapphire tier. Sapphire tier is so costly and so hard for average players to get pass. This created a wall; your progress slows down significantly from Sapphire. It becomes near impossible for low levels and non whales to catch up. This will kill people's interest in the game and kill the game too.

Solutions? Help the average players out by cutting down the breeding cost or increasing tokens payouts significantly!

1. You can do this by giving special decor, potions, or titles to whoever breed dragons in first month. The breeding cost would then be 50% of original cost afterwards, so people can afford them. This will increase comptition and retain players.
      2. Additional missions or activities for players to do so they can gain tokens without paying a lot of money.

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kinda what i was suggesting. Only the highest tier should cost so much... the cost of sapphires was fine when they were the best. Now its just a wall that stops progression for non heavy spenders.

As an extra note:

Quite a few gameplay vids are doing the rounds showing lvl 8-11 obsidians destroying maxed out 50 everywhere well designed lvl 400 bases even with defenders. This is Diamond1 bases btw Not xp farms.

So what exactly will be the point when these lvl 10 dragons are expert?

Was the idea to give ppl with no skill but big wallets the ability to face roll through diamond 1 the plan?

Hurrah

Comment

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        They do seem a little OP. the jump in power between Emerald and Obsidian is Obscene... hehe

• Lutrus
        Lutrus commented
        Editing a comment
        Care to share video links?

PGJared
      Can you give us some insight?

Comment

Well considering that most of the thread is hey we're pissed that we don't like the slap in the face we got, doubt they'll respond.

Although we could get another: We agree this tier was released to soon we'll do better next next next time! BTW ENJOY YOUE NEW TOWERS IN THE NEXT FORT EVENT IN TWO WEEKS! Next tier, head in sand ears plugged 3 months and one day from now for everyone! Hey, we postponed it one day see we listen!

Comment

So, this is all feedback that we're listening to. Right now our focus is more on making it so that players can make their way through a dragon tier, as opposed to increasing the cadence between tiers. This means increasing opportunities to get breeding tokens, taking a look at breeding paths, etc. That said, getting a new tier of dragons as soon as they come out will still be a difficult thing to do, which is intended.

Comment

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            So, the complete opposite of what you said you'd do after the premature release of garnet?

"..we acknowledge that garnet tier and associated towers came out too quickly, and that having that cycle was just too fast, it doesn't really work for players, and it makes it so that your previous tier dragons don't feel as useful for as long. So, we definitely want to go back to the drawing board and find a cycle that is more acceptable for players and make it so that you feel like when you've gotten your top-tier dragons that you have them for a while, they're fun, that you get to crush your opponents, and be on top for a bit, as opposed to a more constant cycle"

Yes, you said that.
            Last edited by Dravoz; 2 weeks ago.

• Goober
            Goober commented
            Editing a comment
            PGJared you haven't made it impossible to get the new tier period except for whales. That's the problem as well and widening the gap between all other players compared to whales. There's no way to even lvl towers to keep up. With my base only having 15 towers on it, I'm not even close to having those towers maxed out.

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            And here's what you had to say in April -
            "...We are also looking at both the dragon release cadence as well as ways to smooth out how players move through the level curve. We are also looking to slow down the jumps in xp / token costs from tier to tier"

If all you do is say you'll look at things, how are we not supposed to question your credibility?
            Last edited by Dravoz; 2 weeks ago.

The constant unwanted release of new tiers actually feels like a cruel joke or deliberate trolling and considering the type of responses we get from customer service, it's a possibility. Something is very wrong with the management of this game. Up to a point, and I've played for 2 years, we got some caring personalized responses and the game was a lot of fun. It's very clear that something happened in management and people are just going through the motions and the investors are filling their pockets. I spent a lot of money at one point, not recently obviously, and I feel ripped off. I actually don't enjoy the game at all, but it's just living with a bad investment now.

Comment

Originally posted by PGJared View Post
            So, this is all feedback that we're listening to. Right now our focus is more on making it so that players can make their way through a dragon tier, as opposed to increasing the cadence between tiers. This means increasing opportunities to get breeding tokens, taking a look at breeding paths, etc. That said, getting a new tier of dragons as soon as they come out will still be a difficult thing to do, which is intended.
            Well, seeing is believing. We've been telling you about the Sapphire+ wall since player requests were a thing. You've been looking at token payouts since at least December and all we see so far is a (much welcome) bump in daily payouts in upper leagues as part of a half-finished league restructure and in war payouts.

I don't think anyone disagrees that it will be difficult (impossible) for 99.x% of players to get dragons as soon as they come out. Only way to do that is spend thousands of dollars or hack. The "too soon" feedback you get repeatedly has somewhat to do with how quickly formerly top dragons get obsoleted by new tiers doubling in power and new tower levels. But it also has to do with the vast majority stuck breeding dragons 2-3 tiers out of date, knowing that they'll soon be 5-6 tiers behind breeding useless dragons totally unable to cope with level 75 towers or whatever. So, yeah, ability to make our way though a tier is not in a good place for most players atm.
            Last edited by Spooky; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

PG have said a few times that forum users are typically Diamond - Sapphire players with light to heavy spenders and that we dont accurately represent the full community

- food for thought if 90% of us think Obsidian was released too fast what will the f2p, new players or low spenders think? Probably fair To assume that any potential new whales wont even bother progressing Past L50 and will quit before they can be monetized.

Comment

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Sad but true. PG once stated that most new players quit at level 50, yet the old gold legendaries still cost 100k tokens.
                There is no catch up mechanic as in other games so I would never refer a friend to this game because it's just pointless.

• gaza8143
                gaza8143 commented
                Editing a comment
                MareZ funny you say that about a year ago I showed my brother and got him playing at L10 or so he said 'If I spend $100 will I catch up to you?' At that point I was low 140s and didnt have the heart to tell him it would be 3k LOL.

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                lol gaza8143 it's so sad I should feel bad for laughing about that one

"#22
              1 day ago
              So, this is all feedback that we're listening to. Right now our focus is more on making it so that players can make their way through a dragon tier, as opposed to increasing the cadence between tiers. This means increasing opportunities to get breeding tokens, taking a look at breeding paths, etc. That said, getting a new tier of dragons as soon as they come out will still be a difficult thing to do, which is intended."
              PGJared

If I may ask could you elaborate on the long term plan for players to make it through a dragon tier? I do understand that its flexible and things change all the time so its difficult to layout a plan for us(players). Increasing tokens in league was a welcome addition and as I understand heavily changes the "the token economy". However, a little more insight would be appreciated.

Thank you for replying to this thread

Comment

EggToken quick feedback regarding your announcement:

"7/28/17 - Fixed Typo on Archimera: Reverse Projectiles --> Invert"
                The description still says that it lasts for 3,5sec. This should be fixed.
                MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• ITIL
                  ITIL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The rage cost should also be updated from 2 to 1.

I think the comment by MareZ about not wanting to refer people to the game really strikes a chord about the whole situation. This cant be a good thing for a healthy game

Comment

Working...
                X