No announcement yet.

Fortification / Base Building Planning Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New beta 2.3 is now available for testing, at the same link. Working on bit.ly alternative. I would like to hear from more users if po.st causes any more problems. Thanks.

Beta 2.3 news:
    - introduces "XP to level" feature which needs some hardcore testing to make sure it works properly
    - has alternating lightness lines for easier reading of long scenarios, comments please

Thanks to all the testers, and Codex08 namely, for valuable input via forums or Line chat.
    Visit my blog at wardragons.info

Check the Fortification Event Planner Tool forum thread

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Another thing i have noticed over my months of using a modified version of this tool, it would be a "nice to have" to add a toggle or indicator for end of event builds. End of event builds are typically the very long builds (think storage, forge, castle, incubator) which you want to start right away after your main buildings are completed, get points for during the event, but you don't care about the very long timers because they will finish outside of event. Right now i simply delete the time cell for that line but it would be a nice to have to have a cleaner way to accomplish this.

Maybe that is accomplished with an alternate section below the castle/den section?
      Maybe that is accomplished by a yes/no column?
      Maybe that is accomplished by a toggle button?
      Maybe you know of a different/better way that you have already thought of?

• MareZ
      MareZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea Mech! I currently do it the same way but also consider upgrades that are still running which you started before the event.

• Gambrin
      Gambrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Mechengg,

thank you for your time.

I do not plan to tune the tool for Excel compatibility. Google Sheets only.

Regarding the "end-of-event upgrades" feature:
      - it is not there yet
      - I need it there myself. There just was not enough time/energy available to do it all now. Need to finish for release today or tomorrow.
      - I consider it for the next evolutionary step. When and if there will be time for one.
      Last edited by Gambrin; 05-15-2017, 02:49 AM.

New link for those who cannot use po.st

http://bit.ly/WDPlannerV2
    Create a new spreadsheet and edit with others at the same time -- from your computer, phone or tablet. Get stuff done with or without an internet connection. Use Sheets to edit Excel files. Free from Google.

Comment

Everybody, the War Dragons Fortification planner is now released in Version 2.3 for public use. The link remains the same, as per above

http://bit.ly/WDPlannerV2

Comment

• aldinach
        aldinach commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome work Gambrin. The original post is now updated with a link to V2 of the tool.

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if this was patched yet, but the different scenarios seems to only work for the player level and event points that you put into the first scenario.
        The second and third scenario give you the option to fill in different numbers but the file will only calculate with the numbers of the first scenario.

Example: I created scenario 1 pre-event and scored half of my point goal. Now I got a bunch of levels, more timers from prizes and chests and want to create a scenario 2 with updated mid-event values. I enter my mid-event player level and event points and delete the upgrades I already made. I update my clock calculator and add more upgrades for all the clocks I gained up to now.

I guess what I did makes no sense since you can only have one amount of clocks at a time in the planner, but three different scenarios.

Suggestions:
        1) Only make one box at the top of the planner to fill in the player level and event score and give the different outcomes per scenario
        2) Make the boxes of scenario 2+3 use the values of scenario 1 and grey them out so people don't try to write different values that won't be used by the file
        3) Create three scenarios of timers to match the three scenarios of the planner and have each scenario seperate

Extra Suggestion:
        I'm not sure how often PG changes the personal progression prize requirements but it would also be cool to have something like a box that gives you the different steps of personal progression prizes and maybe the sigil steps in a dropdown menu so you can basically choose your goal.
        Then you could have the "Event Points At End" box turn green once you hit your goal.
        For example in the dropdown menu I could choose: 720k points - 450 Sigil Prize as my goal.

Sorry for the long comment, let me know what you think

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with MareZ.

I personally find zero use for the multiple scenario's so i just delete the lines from my sheet and duplicate the sheet if i ever want different scenario's so that i can actually compare. I think that the old way it was set up with the player level and event points in each scenario was a better solution.

As an additional comment, is it possible to just put the speedups on the same sheet? That is what i did months ago and now i can see everything on one screen instead of having to flip back and forth. It is rather annoying.

I guess i could just download, make edits so it works in excel, then format everything myself and use it personally...

EggToken PGJared can you guys please share new tower level data - rss cost, time cost - so that I can update the tool dataseries? Thanks.

Comment

When i enter start and finish level values in the right becomes #NAME?

Comment

• SuperSax
          SuperSax commented
          Editing a comment
          same here @HydaBBQ
          If you Export to XLSX and link the cell P5 on the sheet "Players Level" with the XP of your Level it works.
          For sure not the "right" solution ... just an EXCEL noob

• defpolak
          defpolak commented
          Editing a comment
          If I recall correctly he mentioned that there is a "miscommunication" between google sheets and excel when you download/export it. And that he is aware of it and will not be correcting it. I have made some changes/added fields myself that I like to view but kept it within google sheets and have had no issues.

Note that he also hid some columns to the right that are used in certain calculations so if you deleted or altered them while adjusting your layout that could have caused an issue also.

Everyone, V 2.4 is now in development. Features included are:
        • L50 towers and other new building levels
        • Research bonus to building speed will be modeled for any research combinations
        • Excel compatibility now sorted
        • New scenario sheet tuned for vertical screen (phone) usage

Comment

Gambrin Any updates? Super useful tool, thanks so much for your effort

Comment

Any updates with the release of the Fire Flak?

Keep up the good work. This tool is awesome!

Comment

• laserlight
              laserlight commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe Fire Flak has the exact same costs as Dark Flak. You can add a second one in the spreadsheet to track its cost and time.
          Working...
          X