This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortification / Base Building Planning Tool

For awhile now, I've been working on developing a tool that will help players explore the various ways they could level their towers to grow their player level and also to maximize points earned during fortification events. To know what is possible in a fort event, the tool also tracks total wood and total speedups needed, and/or the various types of shards for totems and fire and ice towers.

I've been using this on my own for about 6 months, and think I've worked out enough bugs so that it can be shared more widely.

So... why would anyone use this?
    The number one reason I have used this tool is to increase my player level as quickly as possible with the minimum amount of speedups required. That is because my focus is on offense (i.e. having the most powerful dragons I can), and my dragons have been capped by my level almost consistently since trying to hit level 84 to uncap Amarok. Due to the vast differences in the amount of XP earned by the various defensive tower levels, using this tool can allow you to save 50% or more in terms of the time required (speedups) required to achieve a given level. Granted, the trade off is that building this way does not result in having the hardest base for the time spent, but that is a trade off I've chosen to make (and recommend you do as well).

Other general advice for base building (generally, as well as during fort events):
    • Towers level 1-13 and 19-30 are the best to focus on for minimizing time spent vs. player XP earned. There is a horrible trough between level 14-19 that takes *TWO TIMES* as long to gain XP for the same time spent building than it does for Towers below Level 14 and above Level 19. Towers Level 31-40 are slightly less efficient than 19-30 as well.
    • This XP penalty for low-level towers is another reason NOT to build long bases of low-level towers. You will slow your leveling down dramatically by doing this.
    • Upgrading your farms & mills is the most efficient way to earn points in the fortification event. [and a poor way to earn XP compared to the time spent]
    • Low level fire & ice turrets are a great way to earn points in a fort event as they earn far more points than traditional towers of the same level (until around level 23, when traditional towers earn more points for the wood consumed than fire/ice towers do, though admittedly wood is harder to find in a fort event than shards are)
    To use the tool, you just need a Google account so you can make a copy of the sheet to your own account and edit it to plan out the upgrades you'll make to your base in the future. Please respond with any questions about the tool and I'll do my best to respond.

**** DEPRECATED***** Download the tool here: http://bit.ly/FortPlanner

Download Link:
    Version 2 of the tool, created and maintained by , is now available for download here.

PS: Thanks to Amoeba , Superman , Lx460 , Abombs and the many others I'm likely forgetting for all of their contributions to the community. I've learned a ton from the info you've shared in the past, and while this is a pittance compared to what you've all given the game, I hope it is as helpful to others as it has been to me.
    Last edited by aldinach; 05-17-2017, 07:15 AM.
    "The only winning move is not to play" first Wargames, and now War Dragons

Check out my Base/Fortification Event Planning Tool

Version History:

Nov 1, 2016: Version 1.2 released. Support added for Level 35-40 ice/fire turrets and all types of totems.
    Nov 1, 2016: Version 1.21 released. Fixed error in totem calculation.
    Dec 7, 2016: Version 1.3 released. Added support for all new buildings/levels added with the release of Level 44 towers.
    Feb 8, 2017: Version 1.4 released. Added support for Level 45 towers and dragon perches.
    Feb 10, 2017: Version 1.41 released. Fixed 3rd perch time info based on info from EggToken.
    Feb 22, 2017: Version 1.42 released. Added total speedup calculator on new tab to see how many days of speedups are in your inventory of clocks.
    Feb 26, 2017: Version 1.43 released. Added data for farms/mills levels 33-35, which were missed in previous updates. Credit to DragonHunter for finding the mistake.
    March 26, 2017: Version 1.44. Fixed a couple of bugs found by MareZ
    April 28, 2017: Beta released using version of the tool by Gambrin. See separate download link in original post.
    Last edited by aldinach; 04-28-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

This is fantastic, I'll play around with it when I get home later. Thanks so much for sharing it with the community!

Comment

Good tool. Thanks a lot Aldinach

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I'm always happy when people build easily beatable bases
            But I guess some people will find this useful although the goal is confusing. Is this purely to level as fast as possible or to max fortification points?
            MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Well true, any base is beatable and many people get backup aswell.
              But if you want to be competitive and win wars or build for the future it can make quite a difference if you have a bunch of lvl40 towers early on I think.
              I just started building lvl30s so I can't speak out of experience but when I boost my main island I see much less people dare to attack and have more time to gather enough RSS

• aldinach
              aldinach commented
              Editing a comment
              Answered down below in a separate post Marez. Quick answer: both.

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Played around with it a little, looks good!
              At first I was scared off by "Granted, the trade off is that building this way does not result in having the hardest base for the time spent" but actually we can choose what to build. This makes a great combination with the base layout designer I was working on together with Mortium on his website wardragons-strategy.com/base-calculator

Thank You for nice tool. Is it possible to add totems BTW ?

Comment

Make sure you put your name on it, and Don't allow others to copy

Great work BTW

Comment

This is great, thank you! If you get a moment, would you mind updating the building data to support ice/fire turrets above level 35?

Also, is the Net Time column a subtraction based on the assumption that a certain number of building speed up research are completed?

Comment

• aldinach
                  aldinach commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes I'll add the higher level fire and ice too. Thx for pointing that out. I'll update the thread when they are added.

Hi all. Thanks for the comments. Answers below:

Net time assumes all research tasks are done through the green tier. (There's a comment explaining it if you hover over the net time label but I figured this would be confusing so good question).

re: the question above about goal of this tool....

I've used it to max fort points and to find the best path to hitting the next level tier I need to uncap dragons. Example: next fort event I know I need to hit level 154 to uncap sapphires. To do that I now know how much wood and how many clocks needed to get me there. It'll also tell me if that plan will max the reward points for the event (once the targets are released), and if it won't I might add in a few more ice/fire tower levels to ramp up points.

every one will have a slightly different use case but those are the main purposes for me.

Lastly, regarding totems, yes I'll get them added. Alex sent me an updated version that I'll review tomorrow.

Keep the comments and questions coming. Happy to make improvements to help it he more useful.

Comment

Hello all - if you re-download the tool now you will get version 1.2, which adds support for ice/fire turrets from levels 35-40, and also adds support for totems of all types.

Note that the tool will not preventing you from planning a totem upgrade to level 40, but currently the game only allows you to go to 35.

PS: Thanks to AlexFrest who sent me a spreadsheet that gave me a head-start on updating to the newest version.
                  Last edited by aldinach; 11-01-2016, 07:56 AM. Reason: credit to Alex for the help.

Comment

FYI that I've updated the link to now support towers through level 44 (and all other related building upgrades). I've not tested it extensively as I don't have any of these towers yet, so please PM if you run into any problems.

Comment

I mainly use my phone for all internet needs now so I probably won't be able to use it but I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make this and then sharing it with the public

Comment

You're welcome. No plans to build a mobile app unfortunately.

Comment

Just bumping this thread up for those of you who haven't seen it before given we're going into a Fort weekend.

Comment

• PGJared
                            PGJared commented
                            Editing a comment
                            aldinach, it's the exact same costs except for the initial price point.

• MareZ
                            MareZ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, what PGJared said. Sorry if my comment above looks confusing.
                            The second Perch starts with 2000 Black Pearls at level 1 and the third Perch (long island) starts with 3000 Black Pearls at level 1. For level 2-44 they have the exact same cost as the table of the first Perch.

• aldinach
                            aldinach commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes but the build times are different too. You can see this if you attempt to build the third tower, which has a much longer first level than the others. Are build times the same across all as well after the first level PGJared? Thanks.
                        Working...
                        X