Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Which Totem will you build?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess totems have the biggest effect when they manage to make a hunter use one more shot per tower, that would make those long islands pretty tough.
    Would be great to hear some feedback from higher players that flew Rizar into a strong base with an earth totem.
    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Since the new sapphire dragons have come out, Ice totems seem to be your best bet. Many of the strategic dragons are Ice type. Amarok is the most powerful dragon with most people around level 40-80. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Munin. By level 63, Whalegnawer will be able to solo bases 10 levels higher. An ice totem would greatly reduce Whale's performance against your base. By the time you have sapphire dragons, Sekhem is arguably the best hunter and Ice type. Desiccating Sandstorm (and Steal Essence) is what makes Sekhem so good. Earth totems, on the other hand, are almost exclusively good for countering Rizar, Khrysos and nothing else.
      Last edited by aHatzegopteryx; 11-06-2016, 05:43 AM. Reason: Spelled "Desiccating" wrong

Comment

• YellowMonkey
        YellowMonkey commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk, Nightshade or Sekhem? I wouldn't say Sekhem is arguably the best. That's a close call between those two. Both have their strengths that the other doesn't and both have their weaknesses.

• aHatzegopteryx
        aHatzegopteryx commented
        Editing a comment
        True. However, Nightshade is Wind type (which it seems a lot of players might not like) and what's going to end up happening is the Rizar dilemma. People built Earth totems simply to counter Rizar and only Rizar. If you build a Wind totem to counter Nightshade, you won't be able to counter any of the other high level hunters. Sekhem, Whale and Lochsvur are Ice type, Gorgonus, Dimachaerus and Consurgens are Fire type and Rizar is Earth. The only high level dragons a Wind totem will be capable of countering are Nightshade, Quetz and Iteru.
        Oh, I forgot: Sekhem has Steal Essence. Nightshade does not. That should mean Sekhem wins hands down.
        Last edited by aHatzegopteryx; 10-20-2016, 04:49 PM.

I have updated the graphic with Sapphire dragons and the most recent divines according to their highest possible tier.

Comment

Updated for the new Sapphire Mythic Dragons.

Comment

In my opinion, the new mythics are not likely to severely change one's decision on which totem to build. I am adamant that Sekhem is better value than Hauhaset, being 325K tokens cheaper and having Steal Essence, which Hauhaset oddly does not have. Time Shift seems to be a nice spell, but it likely won't make up for both the lack of Steal Essence and the extra few months of saving up tokens. Ice totems still hold better value.

Comment

At first I don't interest in building any totems but for the event I need to spend elemental frag so Ice totem is good choice for my level (40) where Amarok and Skarr flying around.

Comment

Updated for the new Garnet Dragons and the recent Divine Dragons.

Comment

Wind because Nightshade is my dearest rival ^^

Comment

Updated for Emerald dragons including the most recent divines. Keep in mind that Totems now share the same currency with Dark Flak Cannons.

Comment

I saved all my embers without building a single totem and now throw them into flak-cannon.
                    And I'm very glad to see my lvl120- base with one single lvl 31 flak-cannon can shoot down boosted lvl30 skarr and shade when I am defending. Lol!!
                    (To a lvl 120- base, I seriously doubt a lvl 30+ wind totem can stop shade, who heavily rely on spell instead of his own ammo. crumble to dust are not influenced by totem. Invert damage is reduced, maybe? 1~2 more ammo from tower themselves has no influence to shade when invert time is long enough)

lvl 31 flak-cannon ------ lvl 30 blue mage
                    ------------- lvl 29 red mage ----------------
                    lvl 30 storm --------------- lvl 31 ice or fire

Last edited by DracolichKing; 05-08-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Mechengg
                      Mechengg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will second this comment. I built 1 ice and 1 wind totem then had a bunch of elemental embers left over. I'm very glad that i didn't just waste them on points.

I'm level 114 with a level 33 Flak and let me tell you, it rocks the socks off of almost any dragon out there. I've aligned the first half of my base a bit more DPS heavy because i know that they will be focussing my Flak Cannon now. So i'm all out DPS with archer and fire as well as two high level mages to boot.

Lvl33 Flak---------------Lvl 30 Blue Mage
                      ---------------lvl30 Fire Turret---------------
                      Lvl28 Red Mage-----------lvl 32 Archer

If you have a set amount of elemental fragment at your disposal:
                      FLAK >>>> Totems

• MareZ
                      MareZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I absolutely agree with both of you. I only updated this thread for the sake of it but I added to keep in mind that Totems now share the same currency with Dark Flak Cannons.
                      This being said, I totally agree to Dark Flaks > Totems. Currently there is no resist for Dark Flaks and they deal an insane amount of damage while Totems only "work" against a handful of dragons and mostly the impact is quite minor. I guess at this point it only makes sense to keep building your totem if you have reached the limit of Dark Flaks and maxed them out.

Updated for Obsidian Dragons including the Fall 2017 Divines.

This overview is particularly helpful for the newly introduced Dragon Rider gear, that needs to match your dragon's element.

Thanks to ITIL for the reminder.
                    Last edited by MareZ; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I believe it will be super hard now for the top bases to choose the right totem. Wind vs Noc or Dark vs the new season hunter who looks extremely good art and spell wise. If you go for the wind totem the new hunter will solo you. If you go for the dark Noc will solo you.

Taking into account that new tower levels are introduced bc Noc doesn't care if a full Lv 50 base has a maxed wind totem.

Comment

• MareZ
                        MareZ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah good points. All fall divines will have the element dark and we don't even know yet how the mythic will look like.
                        And on top of all the dragon and base boosts from riders, there are even rider skills that reduce totem debuffs.

• Warlord
                        Warlord commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly. I see the urge for new tower levels bc what Noc does currently with a rider or not is just ridiculous.

Curious what they will do. 5 or 10 more tower levels. Maybe the new ice flak freezes the dragon when you let it supershot. However the new hunter comes with white elemental barrier so a base full of elemental towers may be to reconsidered. Even more important than the right totem imo.
                    Working...
                    X