Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Fire turret attack type...and may be some rebalancing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire turret attack type...and may be some rebalancing?

Ever since nightshade came out and when invert was rocking the scene I was thinking that the fire turret's normal attack is projectile.. and was thinking that the strength of turret is high damage plus the ability to switch between elemental and projectile attacks.

with necrix coming out and seeing him preventing fire turrets attack with elemental barrier, I got really confused...my teammate has convinced me that fire turrets attack is elemental projectile ...which elemental mayhem also worked on it too...

while I was dumb enough to finally realize this now, I also think that fire turret is so devalued by this fact. Too many ways to prevent its attack and currently not a tower with highest attack power anymore.

i personally think that some rebalancing and consistency is needed. If the tower attack can be inverted, it shouldn't be prevented by elemental barrier or elemental mayhem and vice versa. To bring in another example, If mage shots are projectile, wind wall should be able to prevent red mage shots. With current attack type of fire turret only way to prevent necryx will be archer and cannons(and treb which also has been devalued by flak tower), and efforts to upgrade fire turrets has been almost an waste...

While I totally agree with your points about fire turret, try not to build them. I have built 4 or so ish of them and they are all at lvl 50. Now I'm just looking for a way to put them in storage. Cannon works 100 times better than Fire turret, with elemental shield or not. Fire turret is like ballistas later down the line, hugely nerfed.

Comment

Exactly! I SOOOOOO regret to have built this crap. While they are still show stoppers for the low to middle level range dragons I use nowadays a fire turret as rage builder for my emeralds and obsidians.

Once you have a certain level these turrets are worse than ballistas.

Same with fire flak, but I would rate those a tad higher than ballistas.

Hopefully the ice flak will be of ANY value...

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
        Marvin Lamb commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so happy to hear you say that about fire flak. I did not have enough Embers, and thus avoided them.

• Warlord
        Warlord commented
        Editing a comment
        You really don't miss out on anything.

In theory they reduce damage on your farms but in reality ppl add chain lightning or death gaze and the reduced damage isn't affecting spells.

WORTHLESS!!!

Somewhat related, but I've always wondered why wind wall didn't block red mages in the same way invert or reverse blocks blue mages AND why elemental mayhem doesn't work on flaks 🤔

Comment

• Gary2975
        Gary2975 commented
        Editing a comment
        Red mages dont fire projectiles, blue mages do.

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        Elemental Mayehm is SUPPOSE to work on flax... PG has said so many times. It is just one of their bugs that they dont seem to care about since elemental mayhem is a rarely used spell as it is.

• Lutrus
        Lutrus commented
        Editing a comment
        Gary2975 that doesn't even make sense... sure looks like a projectile...

MikeGoN2GetU you must've not read far down enough in this thread bc PGjared just said flaks aren't on elemental Mayhem's list.

Dont forgett about the effect of this fire turret... its supershot is well!

Its a elemental weapon which can shot projectile or stream.
      The supershot can even hurt dragon which has fireresist very well!
      Beside that many dragons which have ice resist , still arent happy to have this thing against them! Its useful.

I dont wonder that some people who just invested in elemental weapon as most to be prepared against reserve projectiles or invert , now are looking bad because a different dragon is out, which can protect itself versus this type now !

However now people will build balanced again, anyway, i invest in that too ...
      So we people need to be prepared and should be able to adapt on new situations!

Comment

• Makotora
        Makotora commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you are thinking the same way that I was thinking before I found out the fact that normal fire turret attack, which I thought that it is a projectile, was actually an attack that counts as BOTH elemental and projectile attacks...

Normal fire turret attacks are preventable with elemental barrier, and elemental mayhem works on them even when they aren't using super shots...

Considering that it is pretty useless now;(
        Last edited by Makotora; 09-07-2017, 03:35 PM.

Originally posted by Lutrus View Post
      Somewhat related, but I've always wondered why wind wall didn't block red mages in the same way invert or reverse blocks blue mages AND why elemental mayhem doesn't work on flaks 🤔
      PGJared CampusLifer any reason why elemental maythem don't work?

Comment

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        Nobody has hit me with elemental barrier yet lol.

But thanks for clarifying i was worried.

• Lutrus
        Lutrus commented
        Editing a comment
        Weird I coulda sworn I hit you . . . 🤔🤣

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        You would have to let me know your in game name. I have screenshots of most of the people who hit me lol

Sorry I don't have any feedback on that. I don't personally work on spells/towers and I don't really have enough context to comment. It's actually news to me that Elemental Mayhem doesn't work --- but my understanding of that spell is that it is targeted at "electricity based" buildings. Anyway, you'll have to wait for an official PX person for a response on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Psa View Post
        PGJared CampusLifer any reason why elemental maythem don't work?
        So, Flak towers have different targeting and attack mechanics, which distinguishes them from Fire Turrets. The spell should specifically say "Targets Storm Towers, Lightning Towers, Ice Turrets and Fire Turrets and causes them to damage each other." which excludes Flak Towers. Elemental Barrier says "Takes no damage from elemental attacks. Heals up to 35% MaxHP based on elemental damage received."

So, Elemental Mayhem is based on the specific tower, where Elemental Barrier is just based on the damage type.

Comment

• Lutrus
          Lutrus commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that's misleading . . . Doesn't it also have to do with flaks coming out after elemental Mayhem (loooong after) and only after flaks came out were they then classified as elemental damage? Is there any plan in including flaks into the elemental Mayhem list or are you guys going to change the name to avoid confusion OR do nothing?

• PGJared
          PGJared commented
          Editing a comment
          The spell specifically says which towers it impacts, so I don't think we'll be renaming it any time soon.

• MikeGoN2GetU
          MikeGoN2GetU commented
          Editing a comment
          @PGJared

Eggtoken specifically said elemental mayhem will work against Flak cannons. here:

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...-mythics/page4

point 58.2 i believe.

PGJared
        which spell explanation are you talking about?
        at least only way I can read the spell explanation in the game is that it should work on all the elemental tower.

Comment

PGJared double check the spell again.

as stated by Makotora it is very clear in the description.

Is PG trying to false advertise again or do you guys really know the game? i mean so many things can be solved if you are clear on it. I dont see any reason you guys cant be clear with the descriptions

Comment

PGJared (my post above didn't link you properly so here it is again:

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...-mythics/page4

point 58.2 specifically has EggToken saying elemental Mayhem will work against Flak towers. This was part of their official announcement. When did this change, and why?

Comment

• Lutrus
              Lutrus commented
              Editing a comment
              That's fricken awesome; nice work Mike!
              Last edited by Lutrus; 09-12-2017, 08:38 AM.

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Good catch there. Also matches the actual ingame skill description.

PGJared Can you also confirm EXACTLY what towers elemental Barrier works against.

Comment

• Lutrus
              Lutrus commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been running Necryx pretty exclusively and it's worked on all elemental type towers: lightning, storms, fire and ice turrets, both flaks and their supershots.

• MikeGoN2GetU
              MikeGoN2GetU commented
              Editing a comment
              i know but its nice to get it in writing for when PG changes it in 2 weeks after we all spend all our sigils on it. general rule for PG, Screen shot everything!

• Makotora
              Makotora commented
              Editing a comment
              While it is good to have a strong spell, I personally think it would be more balanced if it doesn't block normal fire turret shots...

PGJared
            has the issue of elemental mayhem not working on flaks solved, or being worked on? If there is an update that will be grateful.

Comment

Working...
            X