Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Short base design + Rage island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short base design + Rage island

I redesigned my base and after looking here for base designs, chose to model mine after Mechengg . I really like the design and defending it is a lot of fun. The problem is once they get past my front island, the back island is pretty easy to get past. I know part of that is due to level, but the other part may be due to a lack of good lightning runes I know mech has, and maybe poor choice of towers. I am currently level 70, so obviously not too much trouble during war in Platinum 1, but I am trying to start with the best base I can to minimize costly changes later on.

My base is here: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=EgzhlKAY

The blank space is a 24 dark flak turret.

What I am thinking of changing are the 2 lightning towers and the cannon, swapping the front lighting for a fire flak, the cannon for an archer or trebuchet and the back lightning for another fire turret.

Thoughts?

Honestly I think your middle long island looks really nice. Mine is actually quite similar, just another lower red mage instead of a cannon in the back.

What could protect your farms and mills better is a red mage. Maybe only use 4 mages on the small rage drain island, put the lvl17 red mage in the middle of your farms and mills and put the cannon on your long home base island.
    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Originally posted by DonovanZ View Post
      I redesigned my base and after looking here for base designs, chose to model mine after Mechengg . I really like the design and defending it is a lot of fun. The problem is once they get past my front island, the back island is pretty easy to get past. I know part of that is due to level, but the other part may be due to a lack of good lightning runes I know mech has, and maybe poor choice of towers. I am currently level 70, so obviously not too much trouble during war in Platinum 1, but I am trying to start with the best base I can to minimize costly changes later on.

My base is here: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=EgzhlKAY

The blank space is a 24 dark flak turret.

What I am thinking of changing are the 2 lightning towers and the cannon, swapping the front lighting for a fire flak, the cannon for an archer or trebuchet and the back lightning for another fire turret.

Thoughts?
      This is a good looking base for your level! Don't be discouraged by your base being defeated - it happens to us all. I would do some slight tweaking now: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=P7ze0sux

Focus on maxing the front Red, Blue, Dark Flak, Storm and Ice. Once those are maxed, then consider building a Fire Flak or upping other towers. Eventually, I think this would be a good set-up: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=Ga8hci0x
      Last edited by TheRedDelilah; 1 week ago. Reason: Fixed dumb mistake.
      Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
      Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
      How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
      Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
      All Breeding Paths
      Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
      Dragon's, etc.

Social:
      Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
      Twitch

Comment

• OldtimerX
        OldtimerX commented
        Editing a comment
        Lutrus - In what war you see a bigger player followed by a little player so that a Red Mage do anything more than a friction to a wood leg in the situation you are presenting ?
        The Red Mage between or having the farms covered by one is OK when you have too many and don't know what to do with them. Better put a high level tower to be healed by the farms and keep occupied the attacker with it than a worthless red Mage. IMHO.
        Last edited by OldtimerX; 1 week ago.

• Lutrus
        Lutrus commented
        Editing a comment
        OldtimerX literally tonight, I saw a 198 followed by a smaller player with habrok. Red mage would've runes his day, storm or cannon? Not so much.
        In what world are your back towers high level?
        Base on your comments below, it looks like your behind on research, so you're operating on the assumption that red mages only stop rage, but red mages steal it if you have the research. Which will ruin all the above spells mentioned.
        Even if we follow your assumption that a strong player is always followed by a as strong or stronger player, what is one tower going to do to it? It's practically an xp base at that point. There's no reason to have a non mage tower at your mages bc it's going to be under leveled, alone, and not as useful as a mage would be.

• OldtimerX
        OldtimerX commented
        Editing a comment
        Lutrus If you saw that 189, I assure you it WAS NOT during wars. And what makes you think the 189 didn't left intentionally those farms out for the little one ? I too, once I raid for rss and I am followed by a little one, I left him either a farm or the last kill. But I never do this during a war.
        So, IMHO, take a look at most of the high level bases, NONE have a red Mage in the center of the 4 farms. There are other ways to stop your base being 5 flamed by positioning your farms different ways than the ones shown in here. And IMHO it is not the Red Mage who will stop a good dragon rider to take those 4 farms out. I assume you are bright enough to know what I am talking about. Hint - think Forge.
        Last edited by OldtimerX; 1 week ago.

I love seeing those "rage drain islands" to start an attack. 99% of the time i go against them defended or not, i do not get hit by the mage towers. I see that island as useless unless you have a defense somewhere on the first couple of islands so you have time to set up supershots on the mages. Problem with that is unless it is a super strong tower up there, you can just let it hit you and the follower during war can use it to build rage since you have already taken out the "rage drain island".

I do agree with putting a red mage in with your farms/mills as you can supershot it and will stop crumble, lightning, freeze, fireball, etc spells from taking out your farms.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        OldtimerX - both my Red and Blue mage supershots steal two bars of rage (each) if I remember correctly. On my base if I'm defending, attackers reach my Long Island with 0 rage.

Sure people could lead with a dragon like Drakius to get past the rage issue, but then my long island would drop them faster than they could blink.

• OldtimerX
        OldtimerX commented
        Editing a comment
        TheRedDelilah - agree about Drakius, he is a worthless dragon at higher levels. Spindra though, it is another kind of a beast. I talked about Drakius because I had a blank in remembering other dragon with Sacrifice and because Drakius at the level of the OP is a great dragon.

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        OldtimerX - Spindra to use sacrifice around the corner after the rage drain, has enough for double enfeeble (with cool down) in theory. It'll get hit by my Blue supershot on my Long Island as soon as it comes around, ensuring that it loses all rage again (before the enfeeble cool down wears off) while getting hammered by my Long Island.

Yes there are strategies to help work around a Rage Drain. However, there is no situation where a rage drain island is a truly negative impact on the base design when defended actively (assuming one has a strong connection and a good setup).'

Of all the set-ups posted here i suggest Oldtimers... best of the bunch as a long term design IMO. That said i think you need more projectiles I also dont find those mage islands much help. Unless they are high level they get killed too fast. You're better off with one higher level blue than a bunch of them if only to allow defenders time to place their SS and boosts strategically. One other problem with all these designs is that the perches arn't being used. Personally i would shift it up an island and get rid of the mage island. having a Sorc on a perch adds a lot of power to that Flak cannons Super shot plus by moving it up you can make use of those projectile towers you have sitting all alone at the back. Too bad you have 3 cannons and no Trebs, but its not too late to change that. Variety is key.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
        TheRedDelilah commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually think low level rage drain islands are best. Like I just commented above, I get two mage supershots off 99% of the time when I am defending myself.

For perches, I wouldn't do that until a significantly higher level myself. I have one perch on my main, and it has a warrior on it to boost the HP of my farms. I would rather use my XP (assuming you plan how much XP you allow yourself when building) and clocks on buildings for a long while. Especially because the boost from perches is gone when the perch dies.

• OldtimerX
        OldtimerX commented
        Editing a comment
        MikeGoN2GetU - Thank you for the appreciation. I do think that those lightning towers in the middle strong island are something to replace soon if you really want to have a chance in higher levels battles. Canon, archers and a trebuchet or another flak tower are better than those lightning towers which are very easy to eliminate by using a sorcerer or a lightning resist. IMHO.

Alright, I thought I would take a stab at this. I put a ballista icon where dark flak is, to help me with visualizing when writing this.
      Base Link: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=8n2nmvWQ

Island #1 (Rage Mage):
      This is a dual purpose island; Rage drain and impulse abilities. As a defender, you want to activate mage supershots to drain rage. There's also the psychological angle, I've noticed that some players will still active abilities like lethal barrier even though the towers on the island can't really damage them. The whole goal is to either drain rage or convince some players to spend rage. Yes, both red and blue supershots steal rage. While blue mages prevent blue abilities from being activated, red mage supershots freeze the rage bar and prevent red spells from landing in that area.

Abilities to watch out for:
      • Mystic Winds: My suggestion would be to replace the level eleven blue mage tower with a low-level storm tower, in the hopes that activating it might get the attacker to use mystic winds and superheated breath, thus wasting three rage. They should be able to recharge 2 rage by the time they clear the island and exit the turn, netting one less rage for the main island.
      • Reverse Projectile/Invert: Only supershot red mages, blue supershots and all projectiles won't have any effect on them.
      • Sacrifice: Even though this can replenish rage at the cost of health, I would still activate one mage tower to try and get them to waste their hp and get them to mentally focus on the front mage towers on island #2. Distract them from the storm and dark flak towers.
      Alternate suggestions:
      MikeGoN2GetU 's suggestion to turn the island into a battle island doesn't make a lot of sense right now. You're level 70, you should be breeding and training gold dragons. A max gold tier perch is going to cost you 11k pearls...and the sorcerer damage boost will be a whole 3.35%. At level 73 your max towers will have 80k-200k(dark flak) more health than then the gold tier perch. I think you will benefit from more damage and survivability, leaving your dark flak on your main island for now.
      odie1993 is correct. If you add attack towers to your rage island, players can destroy the mages and then coast past the rest to recover rage and it allows the second attacker to not start in front of your battle island, more rage recovery. This is the gamble you take with turning a pure mage island into a rage bait island.

Island #2 (Battle Island(s)):
      This is your main battle island, it's going to be your main focus for upgrades for the rest of your life! I'll start off explaining the positioning and leveling idea.
      • Red Mage: The goal here is to (a) keep spell flux damage away from your storm tower before it activates and (b) your storm tower in its current position can't protect that corner, so you need a sacrificial tower. Your second red mage coupled with your storm protects you from things like red lightning causing mass chaos.
      • Dark Flak: One of your defense goals is to save 2-3 supershots to spam dark flak supershots and stun lock the attacker. You will invest everything you have to level this every fort event, constantly upgrade your storage building.
      • Blue Mage: You want to focus on upgrading this over your red mage, it's also protected by storm. This is your counter to thunderstorm, havoc, sacrifice, vampire touch and all blue shields.
      • Ice Turrent: Provides extra armor/hp shield to your surrounding towers, helps keep storm alive.
      • Storm Tower: Your mission is to keep the dark flak tower alive long enough to start a stun lock spree, storm tower may not survive more than one supershot. You need to keep this upgraded to max level with your dark flak, to max out the storm hp. I believe the storm supershot can save the dark flak from an umbral shot. You can't really protect against freeze/earthquake, you'll have to armor and hammer spam to keep your dark flak alive. Make sure you get Enhanced Protective Shield research it adds 0.5 seconds to supershot ability.
      Island #2.5:
      • Cannon Tower: I got tired of lethal barrier users, so I ditched my second blue mage tower for a counter ability to pop those shields.
      • Red Mage: This is to counter lightning, freeze and summon warrior. Doesn't protect your dark flak, but it covers everything in the middle.
      • Fire Turret: I believe the fire turret supershot is the second highest range behind lighting supershots. Used to boost ice turret, lightning, and dark flak damage.
      • Two Lightning: Having at least two lightning means you will still benefit from the research and rune boosts that apply to multiple lightning towers being adjacent. You could replace these with two projectile towers... But, I shiver at the idea of having four projectile towers in one area if someone equips a Revert Projectiles spell or uses an Invert hunter.
      Island #3 (Farms):
      I don't bet on the dragon being out of rage, so I use a red mage for the middle tower. I've seen what happens when you have 4 farms on one island without a red mage, an expert warrior with red lightning or death gaze hunter with an invulnerable shield or reverse projectile. My goal for the middle tower is to increase farm survivability. Placing an attack tower there puts the focus on keeping that tower alive over the farms. Add a warrior perch to increase their hp.

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        The middle long and the farm/mill island looks good so I didn't really read all of this.
        But putting low level towers on the rage drain island is probably the worst thing you can do as people can just build rage again and approach the long island with a good portion of rage with the first and all the following dragons.

• MikeGoN2GetU
        MikeGoN2GetU commented
        Editing a comment
        Im curuous, How does a gold Sorc on a perch only add 3.35%? If you were to put Darja (orange) on perch it gives 15% bonus to Super shot damage.. As you pointed out Dark Flak is the go to offensive tower. 15% boost is significant. Additionally if you use your battle set-up (with storm, ice, flak, and one of each mage), it increases the ice's HP shield by 25% (also significant) and stun by .5 seconds... However i am not sure if that stun bonus applies to Flak or just Trebs. I stand by using those same 5 towers on a perch island and ONLY level those towers until they are capped. Of course Nec is about to ruin that whole set-up so maybe i'm wrong.

Anyways you are probably right about my points, I do not have much experience with base design for low level bases. When i was level 70 Ice, fire, Flaks, and perches didn't even exist nor did any white spells. My points are more helpful for a longer term plan.

MareZ I mentioned that under the alternate suggestions for Island #1. I already added a perch to my base, so I can't get around that now. I only seem to run into that problem when there are two high-level attackers. Usually, the extra supershots from a low-level player swapping out makes it worth it. Ultimately, I'm just playing mind games with them.

MikeGoN2GetU
      Perch Stats: My main perch is currently upgrading to hold Sapphire dragons, so I can't see the in-game stats and I can't comment on your observation of 15%. I referenced Amoeba's site, which seems to have the correct stats for Warrior and Sorcerer when I compared it to the app files. Though I do remember that dragons seem to get a boost if they are at expert level.

Necryx: At first, I was getting annoyed with attackers using Tarand and then Sage came along. I don't see Necryx as being a huge problem. I dropped my second blue mage for a cannon tower to counter those white shields. The cannon tower is directly behind the ice turret, so there is no way to disable it without destroying the ice turret first. Unless you had a white freeze...
      The one thing we might see going forward as more players get used to Desiccating Sand are kamikaze attacks. Where the first attacker tries to disable 1-3 towers before dying.

Short Base: We have a couple of players who went the short base route, you have to make a choice between investing in five main towers for basically the next year or if you want to diversify to cover more scenarios and build a battle island in the middle. If you're going the short base route, with all of your heavy hitters on one 5 tower island. I would suggest moving those to the island with the farms, move the farms and your decent leftover towers to the starter island and store the rest. The first perch is 1.9k pearls cheaper than the second perch and unless you are spending money regularly you can't afford to build two high-level perches at the same time. One for the farms and one for a front battle island.

Comment

• laserlight
        laserlight commented
        Editing a comment
        OldtimerX You're going to sand a cannon behind an ice turret on a hill, with a storm shield and an ice shield up as well? I'm not saying it's impossible, but you would need a lot of practice and composure in a war run. I'm starting to get more practice in with Sekham, but I haven't tested if desiccating sand is blocked by a storm shield? If you find that elemental barrier is the spell you have to defend against the most, replacing the storm tower with a cannon for redundancy makes sense.

• Lutrus
        Lutrus commented
        Editing a comment
        @Lazerlight the sand effect still works through storm shield, just the damage is blocked, in the same way that freeze will still freeze towers even if storm shield, but the freeze damage will be blocked. Also, if you don't see necryx being a problem on an elemental heavy base, you got another thing coming xD

• laserlight
        laserlight commented
        Editing a comment
        Lutrus, well I wasn't aware that sand was that OP. At least freeze wears off... Yes, you can do a projectile heavy base. They just have to equip a reverse projectile spell.... So, maybe Elemental Barrier on Necryx will turn out to be more OP than Invert on Nightshade, lol. *shrugs*

EDIT: Actually, after thinking about it. Using a reverse projectile spell will make it immune to all forms of damage, except for red mage supershots?

EDIT 2: Sand will disable the cannon tower, won't stop the projectile or the firing animation if it's too late. So, you can still bust the shield with a supershot anyways, unless they use an equipped spell to protect the shield. Haven't tested if the sand shot will hit the cannon or the ice turrent if a storm shield is active and it clips the shield on the ice turrent.
        Last edited by laserlight; 2 days ago.

Thank you for all the comments, I really like some of the suggested changes! Unfortunately, the OP was right at the beginning of the last fort event and all of these great suggestions came after the end so I had to make some quick decisions, ack!! Lets see the damage I did..

I leveled from 70 to 81. I'm on TheRedDelilah A&A 2 breeding path and I am only one breed away from Mune which I need to be level 90. (Definitely won't make it this upcoming event, but the next) My dark flak is still at the front corner, now level 27.

Here is what I did to my base: http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=sTzTn7Fx

Since I wanted the cannon to go, I put another fire turret in the back. I like the idea of moving the ice turret to the front 5 to help protect the flak that isn't under the red umbrella, but now if I do that, it will put 2 fire turrets on my back island. Honestly what I wanted to build was a fire flak, but I didn't have the embers. Close but not enough. I probably could next event if I really wanted to, which to get that ice turret up front, I might. Thoughts?

As for the suggestion to move the flak under the red umbrella, I'm not finding it to be too much issue at my level, even less so if I move the ice turret. It has enough health and with the storm tower behind it, I rarely have seen a red spell that can completely take it out, especially when I start it with a shield and then spam hammers. The advantage to having the red mage where it is, is that I only need 1 on the long island since it covers the entire middle. It leaves me an extra spot to put a damage tower. That may not be useful at higher levels, but right now it works well. I've also never seen umbral spike and have no idea what it does. Maybe once I level more and start facing those dragons I will reconsider.

I learned quickly that if you are going to have a rage island, all you can have are mages. I tried a storm tower to help protect the mages, but all that happened was it got left for the next dragon to take out and build back rage. Also, I have the research so that both red and blue mage steal rage, not just block it. This will be critical with my base set up now that flak is useless against Necryx, and all of my base is elemental. I know I really should have some projectile in there, I'm just not sure what or where. Speaking of, I haven't figured it out yet, is fire turret blocked by his elemental barrier? I assume it is but I feel like I am taking damage there.

Oh, MareZ I will move a red mage to the farms, that's a great idea I didn't think of. It still leaves me 1 more red mage I can build and replace up front. But my question, if I move my biggest red mage from the island to the farms, do I need to level my new red mage on the rage island, or can I leave it level 1? I feel like it will be destroyed too quickly before I can charge a supershot if it is too low, but I'm not sure. Also, the red mage that I put with the farms, do I need to start leveling this?

Lastly, the towers I have on my home island are remnants from my prior base design. These are there mostly because players are able to get 70% without taking out my entire long island and this irritates me. If they are gonna defeat it, I want the player to really work for it so they serve no purpose other than to increase the amount of towers that need to be destroyed leading up to the farms. Lol.

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually 3 mages on the rage drain island are enough to drain the whole rage bar of an attacker. You may want to have a semi high blue at the front to stop the attacker from being able to onehit it and Cloak-dodge the reds.
        In your case I would not level those mages any higher and rather focus on your long middle island. So keep the lvl14 blue and lvl10 red at the front, lvl11 blue and lvl1 red in the back, and move the lvl17 red to the middle of your farms and mills.

DonovanZ

Leveling:
      It looks you are trying to level 9 of your towers on the main island at the same time, you need to focus on the front five towers. If you need to defend against new threats and your current main island can't stop them, because you have the wrong towers...you're screwed. Those back towers need to be replaceable if the strategy isn't working. You need to be leveling up your flak at least two levels every fort event. Once for the lumber cost and once for the elemental embers cost. And you need to upgrade your storage building so you can hold enough wood for that next dark flak level up spree.

Don't over level! You don't want your base to outgrow your dragons, your base level determines how much xp you get from other bases. I've seen players rush to level 120 or 150 and then they are stuck on gold or platinum dragons begging for xp runs all the time because they have to use a new tougher xp base to farm.

League:
      Which league you are in is going to heavily affect what type of war attacks you have to defend against. If you're playing in a casual league and you just want a decent base to win a few defense points and stop daily resource raiders, focusing on leveling three main damage towers and then rotating upgrades for your support towers is a decent strategy. If your team decides to try to climb up to Platinum 1 or Sapphire 3, then you're not going to be defending against just level 90 attackers. Your going to be defending against level 90's backed by a 150 or a 200. There's a big difference between defending against gold tier dragons and sapphire/garnet tier dragons. So, plan your upgrade strategy around what type of competition you want to play in.

Mage Towers:
      Most attack spells are red and most defense spells are blue. It makes sense to have two blue mages close range, it makes no sense to have a blue mage in the middle of the back. Blue mage towers disable blue spells by proximity, the farther back it is the more useless the tower is. And having one red mage leaves you vulnerable to kamikaze sniping. Once, you have a sapphire Algor or Tarand attack your base with red lightning you might regret not having a backup red tower.

Umbral Spike:
      It's basically the same spell as death gaze. Not having your flak tower under your red mage will leave it vulnerable to getting sniped eventually. A level 20 player with a death gaze dragon could kill your best tower and then die or swap for the backer.

Projectiles:
      You're going to either need a cannon for busting shields or a trebuchet for more stun, or both.

Elemental Barrier:
      Elemental Barrier protects against all elemental damage, see here.

Comment

• DonovanZ
        DonovanZ commented
        Editing a comment
        @ laserlight
        Thank you for your in-depth assessment. I wanted to answer a few of your assumptions so you can get an idea of where I am at. I leveled all 9 towers to 25 because it was the cap for my storage. Then last minute I decided to use speedups to upgrade my storage so I could get the 450 sigil reward, capped my flak and fire at 27, and raised the blue mage to 26. I am always upgrading storage, I just happen to be leveling faster than I can keep the storage up with. As for leveling too fast, I have heard the horror stories -- 6 of the dragons on my roster of 10 are capped, 3 are within 2 levels, 1 is a level 1 Ember I keep to always have death gaze available with a 2 minute cool down. I'm 770k egg tokens from Hauheset and I plan to have him no later than 130, so I will be leveling at that pace. I'll probably stick around 90 for quite a while, just so I can breed platinum.

I have been in platinum league since level 25 and am floating between plat 1 and 2. I am very competitive and would eventually want to be in Diamond 2 or Sapphire 1. The reality seems to be that for the next 50 or so levels, it doesn't matter how I set up my base to face Sapphire or Garnet drags, they will demolish it regardless. I think you are right that eventually I will need another red mage on the back island, but for now, I'm not facing dragons I can actually defend against where I feel the benefit of preventing red spells outweigh the cost of removing a damage tower. Moving the blue mage forward a bit is something I will definitely try since there does seem to be a defense gap between the front and rear blue mage.

As for the cannon and trebuchet, would you recommend taking out the lightning towers to facilitate the swap? I'm still not sure lightning towers are the best for my base, particularly since Whale, K2, Necryx are all lightning resistant.

• laserlight
        laserlight commented
        Editing a comment
        @DonovanZ
        Storage: You're going to need to level up your storage 4 levels every month to keep leapfrogging your flak tower. And at that rate, it will take you 7 months to get your flak tower to level 41. Once you get there, your storage upgrade times go from 2 weeks to 6 weeks... If you're struggling with saving up enough timers and elemental embers, I would recommend hoarding rubies between fort events and spending them all on gold chests then. But, leveling at that rate will probably put you over 120 quickly. I would think that 3 level 41 towers will put you around the 150-160 range.

Sapphire Dragons: Level 130 will let you breed mythic sapphire dragons, but you'll need to get to level 160 to get them to expert. I wouldn't stay at 90 too long since that's the bare minimum level for platinum dragons. And you'll need to balance that with uncapping your divines, breeding legendary dragons becomes a bigger issue than being den capped after awhile.

Leagues: Good luck with that. I played in Sapphire 3 for a while before my team went into vacation mode in Platinum 1, I'm too busy these days to want to deal with the drama and demand of Diamond 2 or Sapphire 1. I'll also caution you about PVP events. No matter what league you play in Bronze to Diamond, you get the most points by clearing the top 5 bases on each team. At higher leagues, you're going to need to be able to defeat level 200, 300 and 400+ bases. We just had this issue with the last event, where several of our sub-100 players had to constantly beg for people to back them so they could get 120 points per run. I wouldn't want to play in Sapphire and above unless I had sapphire/divine platinum dragons. Otherwise, your dragons can't beat any bases and your base can't stop anything. Though there are top-heavy teams in Sapphire where you can still beat their low to mid-tier players.

Back Five: The first piece of advice your not going to like, move the second fire turret. Just like there are dragons with lightning resist, there are dragons with fire and ice turret resist. Originally, before the dark flak was released I went 2 ice and 2 fire on my main island, until the low 30's. And then it dawned on me why I had so much trouble killing Tarand and Sage before they cleared half the towers. Damage Resist. Half of the damage I was doing was being nerfed by them. So, instead of your layout, I use my small island as a mini battle island where I stored my extra ice and fire turret.

I would argue that swapping the second fire turret with a cannon and swapping places with the level 25 lightning would be my first step. Then round out your second lightning to 25 so it's a balanced pair. And then stop leveling your lightning towers for the next several months and see what dragons you struggle with the most in resource raids. I use lightning to whittle down hp, not as a primary damage tower. Once your main damage towers are in the mid-30's the damage from two level 25 lightning isn't going to be any more noticeable than two level 25 cannons. Once you get a couple towers to level 40, you then have the luxury of sitting down and asking yourself what next two towers do I need at level 40.

I do understand the argument though, to not have all elemental towers on the island. When you start to round out your base with multiple level 40's you want to consider staggering the layout with a mix of elemental and projectile towers. So, a primary elemental defense can't neutralize the front half and a primary projectile defense (wind wall and reverse projectile) can't neutralize the second half. You can use the charts on this post to understand the power level difference between level 25 and level 40. http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...454#post146454
        Last edited by laserlight; 1 day ago.
    Working...
    X