• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah765
    started a topic My Base, looking for suggestions, thanks

My Base, looking for suggestions, thanks

Hi,

I'd like some feedback please from players 160+ on what base changes could be useful and why.

old base (before feedback): http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=l3HJHl5N

I've seen people move all their farms to island 6 (with the perch) and empty the base past that. What are the pros and cons of that?
    I've also seen some people say that at higher levels the fire turret becomes less useful, but haven't seen a reason why. If someone could elaborate on that, it'd be helpful.

Notes:
    -The long island has a lvl 42 flak tower where the blank space is.
    -I've swapped the storm and ice turret back and forth. I currently have it where it is because it shields more towers that way, but am open to moving it.
    -Island 8's blank space is currently an earth totem because I was having problems with Sage.
    -The mage island seems to help a lot with thunderstorm on my long island now assuming I have defenders. I believe I saw this suggestion from TheRedDelilah
    -second half of long island has 5 lightning runes

edit:
    Current base (as of 06Sep): http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=b4uyltpv

Planned changes:
    -upgrade blue mage, storm, and flak
    -incorporate blue mage in 2nd half of long island (longer term goal)

Thank you!
    Last edited by Blah765; 09-06-2017, 07:05 AM.

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your feedback.

• MareZ
    commented on 's reply
    Option 2 looks solid but you have to check replays how it works out.
    The Treb in the middle of your RSS buildings won't help much IMO, the red mage was a great idea, or a storm. Both could block attacks on the RSS buildings, the red mage even if you don't have any supershots left.

• Blah765
    replied
    So considering a few options based on feedback.
    For all three:
    -Treb replaced red mage on RSS island.
    -Can consider blue mage for back of long island, just don't have another one of high level yet.
    -trying to avoid having flak not covered by red which would allow it to easily be stopped.

Option 1:
    This one has both mages protected by the storm and the blue protected by the red though flak isn't storm protected. Flak is in fastest firing position though.
    http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=fvUPpwZL

Option 2:
    This one the storm covers both mages and flak, but blue is not covered by red. Flak still in fastest firing position.
    http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=2yazReSJ

Option 3:
    Storm covers flak and red. Blue is covered by red. Flak is slower firing position. Blue not covered by storm.
    http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=DU4shjSO
    Last edited by Blah765; 09-11-2017, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    MareZ Thanks. Definitely been thinking about pulling one of the lightnings.

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    That makes sense re: fire. I've definitely removed all the low level towers after the farms/mills.

• Azure
    commented on 's reply
    You had a few towers in the level 20-33 range close to your back. These are no threat at all and will only make you more attractive for XP and egg missions.

Yes, the red behind the LT. Thing is, there is no right and wrong here. If you have someone on defence there should be no rage left. TS and rewind, however, cost no rage and in case there is one bar left it would also prevent cloak. Of course there will be those having chain lightning attached to warriors visiting. Can't have it all. You'll know best what to do as you can check your replays.

To be honest, I don't know the context of why people tend to neglect it at higher levels. Personally, I noticed how easy it is to dodge its attack/kill/reverse before it finishes charging so I decided to lower its priority on my base. Maybe others can comment on this more accurately than I do... to me, the tower is just not as reliable if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Azure; 09-06-2017, 06:31 AM.

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Azure Couple clarifications:
    -For the red mage swapping to blue, you're talking about the one by the LTs right?
    -What do the minion towers refer to?
    -Can you explain the fire tower please? I've seen this before, but not seen anyone explain the reasoning. Thank you.
    Last edited by Blah765; 09-06-2017, 05:30 AM.

• MareZ
    commented on 's reply
    Not a bad layout, here are a few ideas:
    - Swap Storm and Ice so your Flak is protected by the shield. You don't want your strongest tower to go down too fast.
    - The rest looks okay, although it's a little Lightning-heavy. As your other towers grow, I'd think about swapping one of the Lightnings for another Blue Mage

• Azure
    commented on 's reply
    I'd make some changes:

- farms on lighthouse island grouped with your 33 treb
    - don't level LT towers uniformly (one to max)
    - consider to swap out red mage on long island for blue to make it a little more difficult for Hau
    - storm, blue mage and flak to current max (45)
    - store minion towers
    - low priority on fire tower

• Blah765
    replied
    Anyone else please?

Leave a comment:

• Blah765
    replied
    So this is what I have now:
    http://amoebastudios.com/dragon/Base.html?id=jQOZhJen

Leave a comment:

• Lutrus
    commented on 's reply
    @blah765
    Are you saying the tower fires sooner just being in the left vs. right position on the front of that island?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. As it is right now it will take longer for the dragon to get in its very short range, as opposed to when it's in blue's position.

As to the moving stuff forward, the dragon starts over Island 1, vs starting before Island 1, so yes there is an opportunity to destroy the mages before they get a shot off (borgian is the worst to try to hit) but for warriors and kinn you can usually get off one.

• Blah765
    commented on 's reply
    Hey. Thanks for your input. Still processing your feedback. I'm not following this suggestion: "If you swap it with blue, it will engage immediately.
    " Are you saying the tower fires sooner just being in the left vs. right position on the front of that island?

Re: moving stuff up to island 2. Would I have to worry about the rage towers being taken out then? I thought when island 2 is occupied even when island 1 isn't, the dragon still starts at island 1 (could be wrong, don't recall last time I saw a base like that), so they'd get the opportunity to snipe those towers before they got shots off.

• Lutrus
    commented on 's reply
    Tagging Mechengg bc he likes base design too.
Working...
X