No announcement yet.

Fire Flak Turret

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like PG needs a reality check. These flak towers were introduced (and delayed) to keep whales buying packs during fort events - a great idea to keep revenue flowing, as otherwise whales would have no incentive to build this week and PG would have to shut off the lights ;-). But seriously, requiring players to expend significantly more resources to obtain the Elemental Embers needed for them is a bad decision. The demand for these flak towers are not high enough to justify the costs, considering the newest tiers of dragons are capable of defeating any base in the game..

Comment

Elemental Embers are definitely not going away from the requirements. Although perhaps we could consider as mentioned above removing the wood requirement in favor of fire shards. This would mean it alternates between fire shards and elemental ember the whole way. The cost of fire shards would be equivalent to the cost of elemental embers.

Any big reasons why people would be against this?

Comment

• Panda
        Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        why the fuck do elemental embers have to be a requirement?

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Panda I think we all know the answer to that...

• PAIN
        PAIN commented
        Editing a comment
        Fire shards should replace elemental shards end of story...

I like the idea, Echo, thanks for trying to be flexible. It'd be neat if all 3 could alternate. Wood, embers, shards, repeat. It sounds like that might not be possible. And even though I have a quarter million plus shards and not enough embers, IF you are determined to keep embers as one of two RSS used, I'd say stick with wood as the other. Esp for fort events at higher level towers, neither embers nor shards give squat for points compared with wood.

All that said, IF ice and fire shards are never going to have another use outside of ice and spitfire turrets, they need to be capped. I have enough to build 6 of each (the limit) to max level, which I would but that's a really bad idea since fire towers are only a little more useful than Ballistas at this point.. And then some. It's literally like receiving an empty gold chest when i get them. And the rates are super high, especially in the legendary drops. It's shady.

Comment

• Dravoz
        Dravoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Shards should totally be capped. But of course PG refuse to even enter into the discussion (see my gold chest thread) despite Jared saying they'd 'look at' this 7 months ago. It's shady, to say the least.

Echo

I dont like the idea of fire shards + elemental embers.... That is just double stressful... because you have mills, packs and teammates all over the world to get that lumber... but you have no fire shard mine or elemental ember mine from vulcan( breeding castle) ...

The fact is... that people will have to open much more goldchests just to get that stuff.... in the current amount for a upgrade with embers for example you need 34k for 1 level 40 tower in totall...
      If you mix this and take out the lumber factor, it will be MUCH more expensive for all players....

If you want to change that ... you have to increase items in event or in goldchests... not in quantity, increase the amount .

The other way i told you about was similar... if you say just elemental embers... you have to give people a way to earn even more instead of fireshards , if fireshards arent need more .

OR give people a savage shop to change fire shards with goldchests... or elemental embers... as wished at first time with this new idea...
      Last edited by EmrahT; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I think having fire shards in place of wood is basically a sink for the fire shards but really doesn't benefit us very much. If you wanted a compromise proposal, my preference would be fire shards/wood/EE in a cycle since that would actually lessen the need for EE. EE is the gating item here...

Echo

Comment

• Lutrus
          Lutrus commented
          Editing a comment
          Gonna comment on here since the idea has already been stated. Not having wood at all allows for players to essentially have no storage caps! So theoretically, a level 84, could have over a 31 fire flak bc there's only the builder cap. Having wood in between ensures the tower can only go +1 over the storage cap, like the rest of the turrets. Lastly, only have fire and EE makes it pretty much the most p2p turret in the game, and that's gonna turn a lot of players away from the game as well as their would be spender friends, so keep it balanced. As many others have said, the EE drop amounts also need to be scaled upwards as these new towers come into effect. Echo

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          This 100% including the explanation.

• Sabin76
          Sabin76 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've changed my mind and this is what I'd rather see. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to do this. Echo 's comment above implies that EE are intended to be the gating mechanic due to their rarity to slow Top Tire base growth (giving PG the benefit of the doubt) or to extract more money out of the whales (cynical view). At best we might see an increase in EE in chests (either drop rate or number per drop), but even that might be stretching it.

honestly if pg is not gonna let us use fire shards then take them out of the damn gold chests. Have a god forsaking 1 mil+ of them. I'm also sure I'm one of the few ones with a "low amount" of fire shards

Comment

Originally posted by Echo View Post
          Elemental Embers are definitely not going away from the requirements. Although perhaps we could consider as mentioned above removing the wood requirement in favor of fire shards. This would mean it alternates between fire shards and elemental ember the whole way. The cost of fire shards would be equivalent to the cost of elemental embers.

Any big reasons why people would be against this?
          I'm not sure whether to use the laughing emoji or the angry one...
          think about this for one darn second. This wouldn't reduce the ember amount required AT ALL.
          All you did is replace wood with fire shards- managing to make the turret both FAR MORE EXPENSIVE based on the value PG assigns to items in rewards/chests/etc AND TO COMPLETELY IGNORE the issue the players are concerned about- the rarity of embers in game compared to shards.
          This isn't a compromise AT ALL. It's a total "screw you guys, you wanna use shards? Fine, take that."
          if you aren't willing to compromise have the balls to tell players so.

Comment 17.9 is a very good compromise
          comment 20.2 is a repetition of my thought posted earlier, and is a potential compromise.

Comment 20.3 is another valid concern about your idea being bad.

I dont know know which PG employees actually play the game the way we do and to which it is only all on paper. Suggestions like the one above often seem to indicate a true lack of understanding of what actually makes sense in the game.
          Every now and then player requests are actually genuinely heard and responded to, and every time that happens PG is lauded for it.
          Do so this time or don't. But we at least deserve forthrightness.
          EggToken Echo PGDave PGJared
          Last edited by Argonaut; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Or how about boost the ember drops now that 2 turrets use them.

Comment

If you want to keep the elemental embers, the least you could do is to pump the numbers from 125 to 1500 (or higher) and increase the drop %, because now we will have at least 4 types of towers that needs the same currency: Dark; Fire; Ice Flaks and Totem, unlike the fire and ice Turrets (1 type each).

So, you either scrap the idea of keeping EE for those Flaks, making 2 types of towers to the same currency, or increase the numbers from drops...

It shouldnt be that difficult to tweak some numbers...

Echo EggToken

Comment

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                the drop was great before during Sigurd event. Then came the Elemental Tower with a huge reduction of Ember drop

I would be in favor of alternating special materials as well. Keeping the wood in it is good for fort events so they are a restriction in those events as well.

Dark Flak: EE - Lumber - EE - Lumber - EE - ...
              Fire Flak: EE - Lumber - FS - Lumber - EE - ...
              Ice Flak: EE - Lumber - IS - Lumber - EE - ...

Comment

PGJared quite a lot of feedback here regarding the ridiculous abundance of shards a lot of us have and the corresponding high drop rate in gold chests. They should be capped. Otherwise you have players essentially paying for null chest drops. That's not right.

Comment

• NinAK
                  NinAK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's funny cause when they first announced all three I was thinking oh man what a great way to use up the extra shards and embers good job pg then they threw that away with greed

I have tons of elemental embers. However I cannot find the new flak in my building menu - am I the only one experiencing this Problem?

Comment

• Lutrus
                  Lutrus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They said it would be released before fort event. There's a reason you can't find it.

• DerGeist
                  DerGeist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aaah! Thanks a lot. I thought it would be included in the actual release. ;-)

Just leave the freaking towers alone. Not everyone has been blessed with massive drop amounts of shards, EE's and throw in Black Pearls for that matter. Some of us still depend on wood being part of the equation as its the only thing that we can capture without spending hoards of cash. Seems for me, the drops have been healing potions and dragon/base boosts up the wazzoo, but I cant get the items that I need to strengthen my base. Making the turrets even harder to level up will just make half the people quit from the boredom of being the same level forever.

Comment

As long as we can use fire shards to build them then it's an improvement over only wood and elementals...

Comment

Bumping to top for continued discussion and feed back...
                    Any more thoughts from players and/or PG?

Comment

Working...
                    X