Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Fire Flak Turret

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Flak Turret

Can we get a confirmation that the new fire flak turret will use fire shards and not elemental embers? Seems it should, but prefer not to assume..
    Apologies if it's been addressed elsewhere, I didn't see a post anywhere.
    Cheers

The original dark flack turret uses elemental shards, why would any other flack turret be different?
    What, me worry?

Comment

• Argonaut
      Argonaut commented
      Editing a comment
      1. Because it's called a FIRE flak turret, the first wasn't named anything associated with an existing tower.
      2. Elemental embers are more rare in game and rewards than fire shards, hence my hope it will use the latter

• CaptainC
      CaptainC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes elemental shards are much more rare. But these new towers are also much more powerful in the damage they do than the previous ones. As such the supplies to build them should also be much harder to obtain.

• LordKaiS
      LordKaiS commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I can sell any of these to you folks.....I have enough shards and embers to build 2 bases.......every time I see them drop in chests, my heart bleeds a little. -_-

I hope they are fire shards but suspect they will be embers.

Comment

Even though Dark Flaks use elemental embers, I would think fire flaks would use fire shards and ice flaks would use ice shards.

That way, 2 towers use elemental, 2 fire, and 2 ice. Would make more sense than having 4 elemental, 1 fire and 1 ice.

Comment

• Forrestt
        Forrestt commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, that was what I was thinking as well and seems logical. But I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

• Sam DragonLover
        Sam DragonLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Shards are for turrets.
        Embers are for flaks.
        I don't expect this to change, no matter how much I might wish.

Echo commented
      03-23-2017, 02:49 PM
      Elemental Ember's are slated to be used for all other types of this tower.

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...-mythics/page3

Comment

• ITIL
        ITIL commented
        Editing a comment
        EggToken's post below that suggests otherwise, potentially :P

I'd prefer fire shards myself; elemental embers are about on par with pearls in rarity for me right now >_>, though the new season gave it a little boost.

• Jeff8682
        Jeff8682 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Especially given the fact that I have 90k fire shards vs 2k embers. This is after building 5 level 50 fire turrets and only 2 50 flaks and a 30. All totems are level 25 or under also. This is the reason that PG will make them use embers, unfortunately. The scarcity makes them more money which is the only thing they seem to care about lately.

• ITIL
        ITIL commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much but oh well \o/

I urge you all to read the description of what this tower is and what it can do. Even destroying it will cause more damage to the attacking dragon. Already we have dark flack towers that can take half a dragons health in one super shot. This tower promises to be even more over powered.

Combine that with the statements above, that many of us have an abundance of fire and ice shards already. Do you really want to see most of the bases in the game with max (for their builders level) towers overnight? If they make these towers to easy to build most of us may as well scrap this game and move on. There will be no use flying unless you have backup anymore.

My my hope is that these use the elemental shards that are much more rare and not everyone already has stockpiled.
      What, me worry?

Comment

• Frequincy
        Frequincy commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree

As much as I am for building suspense... Jeff quoted an old post of mine from the forums earlier in this thread. What I said still holds true.

Comment

• Argonaut
        Argonaut commented
        Editing a comment
        That's unfortunate.

• Cameron90
        Cameron90 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a load of crap. Not that I should have expected anything else from PG.

• Thatguy472
        Thatguy472 commented
        Editing a comment
        It makes much more sense to use fire for fire and ice for ice. What the hell else am I to do with 250k fire and ice frags? That's just ridiculous.

On second thought, keep it elemental. Just give us a way to stop the drop of ice and fire shards. I could care less what they use as long as I dont have to continually build up a useless item. Sure, I can build two more fire cannons, but thats still not going to use up all of the shards I have.
        Last edited by Thatguy472; 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM. Reason: I kept reading and agree with CaptainC on this one.

Originally posted by CaptainC View Post
      I urge you all to read the description of what this tower is and what it can do. Even destroying it will cause more damage to the attacking dragon. Already we have dark flack towers that can take half a dragons health in one super shot. This tower promises to be even more over powered.

Combine that with the statements above, that many of us have an abundance of fire and ice shards already. Do you really want to see most of the bases in the game with max (for their builders level) towers overnight? If they make these towers to easy to build most of us may as well scrap this game and move on. There will be no use flying unless you have backup anymore.

My my hope is that these use the elemental shards that are much more rare and not everyone already has stockpiled.
      So, at what level will you put this "massively overpowered" tower on your base rather than in storage? Level 7? 12? 23? Not if you're smart.
      So then, for how long are you going to enjoy having this brilliant new tower in storage, upgrading it once a month during building events and gathering embers? Two months sound about right? Probably more, and that's if you do very well collecting the embers in events and opening gold chests...
      If you're even halfway decent at base building you know that it's worthless to put low'ish level towers on your base (relative to the level of your other towers). So your point, while well intentioned, is silly. You WON'T see these towers until they are somewhere at least nearing a players max tower level, not if that player is any good at the game. Instead, they will languish in storage slowly being leveled month after month until they are of sufficient power to actually employ.
      I disagree with you entirely. Bring on these new towers and make me adjust my attacking strategy! I love new content, let's actually play with it and not spend months on end building it!!

Comment

• SuperSax
        SuperSax commented
        Editing a comment
        Plus CaptainC you donĀ“t Need to worry! Obsidian Tier is just around the corner to help you flying over those new bases /sarcsm

This is just dumb. Why can't fire and ice shards be used? Isn't that logical? What about the 200k of each fire and ice shards sitting going to waste and dropping infinitely in gold chests?? Seriously, fuck this money grab.

Comment

Echo

Two questions if you don't mind

1) can the fire flak be on the same island as the dark flak?

2) i have a quarter mil fire and ice shards, with thousands more dropping monthly. Any plans for these shards? Or even caps to stop them from dropping?

Thanks

Comment

• Igster
          Igster commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know where the heck you guys are getting all these fire and ice shards from... unless you are among the whales buying 20 gold chests or more every event? I don't buy chests, and I don't see ANY shards drop.

• Indi123
          Indi123 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol you class a whale as someone who buys 20 gold chests or more per event? More like 20 large packs. I'd say that's conservative too. I'm a moderate spender and I'm rolling in damn shards. They're everywhere.

• Sabin76
          Sabin76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree with Indi123 . I can buy 10 gold chests every event without spending any money at all... and have rubies left over. I've actually been saving over the last 4 events (and performed quite poorly in two of them! st00pid RL...) and have 18k rubies.

I agree with CaptainC on this one. If it used fire shards, you would see base with 4 of these towers in a week or two easy... Using elemental so most can't build or can only build one makes it interesting but not game changing. Plan accordingly knowing ice will now use the same.

Comment

EggToken Echo other than being greedy since we know that. What is the reasoning that fire and ice flak towers don't use...well fire and ice shards that you cram down our throats in gold chests during events that aren't even god damn building events?

Comment

If it's Elemenal, that's hugely disappointing, annoying and stupid. It's a fire turret, make fire shards be used...

Comment

EggToken Echo PGJared Pixxel CampusLifer

Well if you keep the cost for fire and ice flak canon with elemental embers, you surely know that most people are very short of them.... And just people who spend a bit more then usual have there reserves.

At least from last standing Ice and Fire turrets are elemental towers too... there damage is elemental and there we use the fire and ice shards for. So elemental isnt just elemental embers at least from past.

You know very well that the past events, and gold chests not gave good amount of elemental embers... the amount of them was very lame with 125 as a epic drop, and just this event you took them inside prizes up for the dark flak canon , so people can get something.

I think if you still say that these new elemental weapons will be just with elemental embers instead of fire and ice shards, many users cant get them . On the other hand, if you allow to use fire and iceshards... at least people can get 1 of those build in a higher state.

Because dont forgett.... The fire flak canon is maybe stronger in damage, but for there upgrade you will need nearly 2X more shards in that case ! While a fire turret needs just 100+ more shards then 2 level before... after level 7 for a elemental flak canon its +200 stones more for every 2 level...

So in totall you have to use much much more for similar level.

I want say... If you dont allow to use fire shards for a fire canon, and ice shards for a ice canon... then chance the event prizes!
              Then change in some places fire shards to elemental shards, and allow more to win, because that will be need!

Please just calculate... if for example many of us safed arround 20+k shards ... that will just allow us to reach level 30-31 with the new flak....
              For level 31 you would need 21400 shards in that case.

To upgrade to level 40 , you would have to have 34600 already... so it is not a piece of cake what users wish here for.
              I hope you can discuss this inside... if you want allow ... OR ..if you want to change event prizes for next time so people can get more of useful embers, instead of useless stuff.

Thank you , good work !
              Last edited by EmrahT; 07-25-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Kittens
                Kittens commented
                Editing a comment
                Not even the whales have enough. Look at lv 400 bases, and you'll probably see 2 dark flak towers. Even at that level (max base), with however many gold chests that it has taken them to build that, there were still only enough shards to max 2 towers. You could potentially put 8 on a base, and anyone who could, absolutely would.

Echo PGDave EggToken PGJared

since there's time to address this issue before the next building event, how about a compromise?
              if you chose, you could alternate between embers and fire shards for the new FIRE flak tower. (I still really think you shoulda called it something different if it was never intended to use FIRE shards...)
              -embers, wood, shards, wood, embers, wood, shards, etc..
              whatcha think? Meet halfway?

Comment

• Jeff8682
                Jeff8682 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last time that I calculated the probability, you have a less than 2% chance for ice or fire shards even less for embers. Acquiring enough embers for one level 50 tower would require an investment of thousands on gold chests at these rates.

• Kittens
                Kittens commented
                Editing a comment
                ...and yet people will still spend an insane amount of money to do it, and justify the continued dilution of chests in the process. It doesn't matter how much heat is on the forums as long as people are still willing to melt their credit cards.

• DracoTheDevil
                DracoTheDevil commented
                Editing a comment
                This is precisely what I was thinking.
                Or, it could cost 50% fire/50% embers, then wood, then 50% fire/50% embers, etc.
            Working...
            X