Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

I closed my Base

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to offer a different perspective on this situation. A year ago, I was in a platinum team which declared war on that xp farm team. This happened because the leader was sort of clueless and didn't realize what a bad thing it was until others pointed it out, after which he was genuinely sorry and told us not to attack. Unfortunately, no one on the team knew at the time that doing an attack outside of the war menu still counted as a war attack. So when we did our regular xp runs, we ended up getting flames in war. As this is not common knowledge especially among low level teams, I don't find it hard to believe that the Russian team in question was also unaware and gained flames by accident. Intentionally declaring on xp farms for easy points is pretty low, but mistakes do happen sometimes, and this mistake is difficult to rectify precisely because they are so likely to be attacked outside of war. Anyway, I hope the two teams can work something out so that the xp farms won't have to go down a league, and I hope the people on the forums can be a little less quick to judge.

Comment

• Brigitte25
      Brigitte25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Euphy We are not being quick to judge. We are defending our xp farm friends who help us so much against an action which is pretty hard to justify. It is a stretch that this could be done by error. Even your story makes it clear your leader knew it was an xp team. And the continued raids while a war was ongoing seems a bit more than clueless. But that's not the point. Have you ever been wronged by someone who can't just sincerely apologize, but tells you how you should react and feel, (i.e. Don't be so sensitive) makes alternate suggestions to what you, the wronged party, wants, belittles your feelings and minimizes what happened. Our xp friend came here to make a complaint and express why he was closing his farm for the weekend. It seems to me that instead of making excuses and rationalizing really bad behavior, the offender should have made a simple apology and warned others to be more careful and thanked the xp for all his help. It is really hard to forgive someone who doesn't actually apologize. And spare me from the helpful ones who jump in to add salt to the wounds by their helpful advice. Just give some support, not rationalization and enabling.

• Euphy
      Euphy commented
      Editing a comment
      Brigitte25 How is it a stretch? I have seen wars declared by accident. The Russian team, unlike my old leader, did not even look at what team they were declaring against. And my whole point in telling that story was to point out that ***lots of people don't know that raids outside of the war menu count as war attacks.*** I myself only found out about this due to the war I mentioned above, because when I else would I have occasion to attack the team I'm warring against outside the war menu? Remember this is gold league; they are not highly experienced players. And I don't think it is fair to blame people for their ignorance.

As for the rest of your comment, how do you know they haven't apologized? Or if you are referring to me, I never told the xp farm team to be less sensitive, just the people on the forums who are automatically assuming that the other team must be lying about having done it by accident. That might be the case (although they provided screenshots which support their statements), but it might be an innocent mistake, in which case they did not engage in "really bad behavior" and don't deserve to be farmed. Especially since that does nothing whatsoever to help the xp farms.

Well thank you everyone for having our back. Please stop farming the russian team. I think they have learned their lesson. Unfortuneatly I feel I have to expand the strike, since the second Team FTFURY which declared war the day after the russians not only won their war but declared again. I know a strechting your patience but we can't farm on our own, And FTFURY was warned several times, I even used my old french from school which should have gotten the point across.

Comment

There is always someone to ruin it for everyone else

Comment

We are flying constant attacks on FTFury

Comment

• Fairyknight
          Fairyknight commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much

• BaronVonRukh
          BaronVonRukh commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted by the leader, he doesn't know why we attack him and everybody who is online. I referred to this thread (at least I hope I did)
          Dang, Google translate is a bitch lol
          Last edited by BaronVonRukh; 06-17-2017, 03:25 AM.

The point is... if it is a "mistake" how people want to excuse it... i would say, its the leader and officer who declare wars... if they cant handle it wise, with who else you can speak.

To be honest... when a unwanted war was declared by my knowing, i kicked people and reinvited them, so you can loose.
        Its a shame to attack that team even if you warned them once. Thumb down

Comment

Have spread the word to my team and league, FTFury is being farmed.

Comment

• IllyriaAus
            IllyriaAus commented
            Editing a comment
            Same .. have to support our xp buddies!

Many Many thanks to all of you out there. The in game comunity is so amazing, all those of sending mail to show us you have our back. At the moment I am walking on pink clouds from all of this support.
          And one of the amazing things for me is: That even the russian Team is helping us. Many many thanks.

Comment

• GodofNoobz
            GodofNoobz commented
            Editing a comment
            Have they answered? Do we have a line of communication with them?

I'd love to see the whole league declare on that one team. There's no way they could defend all those banners! Especially with leagues rebalanced to be all at a similar strength level, they'd be stretched so thin, they'd lose them all.

Comment

• Fairyknight
            Fairyknight commented
            Editing a comment
            The League did, even the Russians. They are all awesome😍

No, one of them spammed LC a while ago.
          Someone ingame mailed me, that FTFury had sent them a mail they would stop attacking, but they sent nothing to me. The last thing I got from the was a reaction to me asking if they really declared a 2nd time that they would do whatever needed to stay in League. I heard nothing from them since then. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Comment

My alt was set up as an XP base, and I have been on the the XP team (when my main alliance did not need help). As my main is over 200--I wanted to specifically set up an xpbase to give back a little as I have used them to get where I am. The main thing that bothers me here is not wanting to see the XP team--that helps ALL players--go away. I completely understand Fairyknight's position here and whether they were declared on by accident or not--these attacks are messing with the ability of all players to use these bases. And a big thanks to all the XP team players for helping out all of the War Dragons community!
            Last edited by AzureCathid; 06-17-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Short update for everyone, please stop farming the Russian they excused themselves.
              The french team didn't get in touch with me but only 8 people have attacked and some might have been chest or XP-runs.
              Happy Fathersdays to those who have it today.

Comment

• vin28
                vin28 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool a teammate messaged them told them to reach out to you, hope they do. Keep us posted.

Yes Keep us posted and they have the whole WD community unleash hell upon them if they don't comply, it's bs what's being done to you guys!!!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                The French guild lost their war so everybody can stop Farming on behalf of my guild, My base will go up asap. Again many many Thanks for your support it feels good to be appreciated, see you in game.

Comment

• Flames0
                  Flames0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great news, and good luck.

• BaronVonRukh
                  BaronVonRukh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ty for the update.
                  Pls carry on with your awesome service to the whole WD community.

Problem solved, closing this up.
                What, me worry?

Comment

Working...
                X