Lightning Adjacency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning Adjacency

When i click on my lightning tower there is a spark between them.I just wanna make sure my towers benefit from bonus. I am focusing on my long island and have 2 lightning towers. Layout is like this:

X X
    X
    Lightning X

Lightning X
    X
    X X

2 questions:
    • Are going to apply Lighting Runes?

It is a terrible idea if you are planning to use lighting runes.
    • Is this your Long Middle Island Section 4 & 5 or Section 7 & 8?

It is a terrible idea if you are planning to use lighting towers on your section 4 & 5.

Comment

• HydraBBQ
      HydraBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I have lots of lightning runes and there are no runes for ice fire and flak cannon so my rune slots are empty anyway.(arcane strikers are useleess)

• PlayerJ
      PlayerJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of the Arcane Strikers have Lighting Super Shot as a secondary.

Originally posted by HydraBBQ View Post
    When i click on my lightning tower there is a spark between them.I just wanna make sure my towers benefit from bonus. I am focusing on my long island and have 2 lightning towers. Layout is like this:

X X
    X
    Lightning X

Lightning X
    X
    X X
    not sure hydra. howeveri believe the long island counts as 2 separate short ones. i solely base that statement on there being 2 monuments to boost the long island completely unlike the long island close to the home base.

Comment

• HydraBBQ
      HydraBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but my storm tower is near my back lightning tower and it protects both lightning towers.

• Slytha
      Slytha commented
      Editing a comment
      mhm true good point.

I've always wondered what the specific range for spacing lightening towers to achieve their benefits were.
    Im sure side by side. And probably front to back. But I always wondered what if just one front corner and one back corner skipping the middle space.
    Also on that Long Island (even though it is two seperate small islands together) if they gave benefit to each other crossing that island to island line. If that was the case, then you could do some serious build up on that island.

Even if not, what about on the first long that is actually one island.

Whats the specific spacing required to have LTs collectively enhance each other?

Player J, runes have nothing to do with the question. I see the point you're making but runes don't matter in this instance.

Comment

I think they indeed work cross island. When I defend my base with similar layout like yours, the super shot has a lightning chain connected to other lightning towers and do great damage.
      In most cases, if 2 lightnings are located at opposite corners, they cannot amplify each other. However, there are 2 special locations in the middle long island that allow one to put LTs at far opposite corners.

Layout 1: LT2 and LT3 are connected with each other.
      x ------ x
      -----o----
      LT1---LT2

LT3----x
      -----o----
      x-------x

Layout 2: LT2 and LT3 are connected with each other.
      x ------ x
      -----o----
      x ------ x

LT1----LT2
      ----- o ----
      LT3-------x

So if you have 3 lightnings and you want all 3 connected with each other and you have to put other towers on that location marked as 'o'. Use the above 2 may be helpful~

Comment

• HydraBBQ
        HydraBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        In first layout lt1 and lt3 connected right? thats my layout

• Aurino526
        Aurino526 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very informative. I didnt know 2 LT at opposite corner in an island dont amplify each others. Thanks for the info.

Echo Can you please look into the code and provide an answer?

Comment

You know I do believe they boost each other.
        Visually, you can see the sparks between them.

However, I still think it is worth asking the admin's about it.
        It never hurts to get confirmation.

Just because they are visually sparking doesn't mean they are boosting each other.
        The game does make changes all the time.
        You never know.

I think I would like to hear the answer from an admin as well.
        Last edited by PlayerJ; 03-27-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

PGJared Echo EggToken We need an answer.

Comment

HydraBBQ

You made your post before I was able to submit one myself!
          Yeah, I would like to get a confirmation as well.

Comment

Echo EggToken PGJared It has been 2 weeks. I just want a confirmation.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't aware of the question. Lightning towers are affected by the Adjacent Tower Bonus. They need to be next to each other on contiguous land to have the bonus. The diagram in post #5 shows this pretty clearly. If you can "walk" between two lightning towers, they're connected. Really the only situations where they wouldn't gain this bonus is if there's three towers diagonally and the middle is not a Lightning tower, or a body of water is separating them.

Comment

• DracolichKing
                DracolichKing commented
                Editing a comment
                EggToken Thank you so much for your information.
                Assume LT1 can 'walk' to LT2, LT2 can 'walk' to LT3, but LT1 cannot directly 'walk' to LT3. Then could LT1 'walk' to LT3 through LT2?
                (I mean when LT3 is attacking, does it get bonus from both LT2 and LT1? Or LT2 only?)
                Thanks in advance for your reply

• HydraBBQ
                HydraBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                So if we see a spark between them when we click on it , they are connected?

EggToken Hi

Can you confirm these lightning are linked?
              x x
              x
              xxL
              x L
              x
              xxL

Comment

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                The first tower will receive a 30% buff, the middle tower will receive 60% and the rear will receive 30%. That is if all towers remain alive, once they die they lose this additional power.

AKA your front and rear are not linked to each other

Thanks! So the effect does not chain... all must be adjacent
              Last edited by DirtBanga; 07-04-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                Eggtoken stated "Lightning towers are affected by the Adjacent Tower Bonus" so yes, adjacent.

It would be nice if when you view the tower details, you can see a note in the tower stats with a "+X% adjacent bonus" that describes this adjacent tower bonus.

Does this adjacent tower bonus add % based off base tower attack? or fully upgraded tower attack? or boosted tower attack?

eg, if my tower stat says 43.2K (lvl 25 with research buffs) and my tower is boosted, does that make it 73k ((43.2 * 1.3) * 1.3)? or does that make it 69.12 (43.2 + ((43.2 * .3) * 2))?
              Or would I have to subtract all my research buffs to get my base attack first (41k) and then make one of the above calculations?
              or something else?

Comment

Working...
              X