Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy pack costs stealth price increase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy pack costs stealth price increase?

When buying energy packs it used to be 10 and then 19 to buy 100 energy.

It is now 10 then 20.

While a price jump of 1 isnt a massive deal it does start to add up over a number of days and a number of energy events especially when you consider things like the loss of the bonus meter and tiers on some events with exactly the same costs.

My TimTam packet got smaller too. I now get one less TimTam for the same price. Subtle changes to make money. Well spotted.
    ZenWarriors - always looking for active players

Comment

The increase, as far as I can determine, started last energy event. And of course, even more energy will cost 30 packs. More soulless money grabbing by those vampires at PG.

Comment

Tim Tams... havent had those in years!

Comment

The second purchase of energy packs has increased by 200 gems = 1 extra pack. Previous cost was 4.6k gems for second purchase, it is now 4.8k gems. You can view an old screen shot on link I hope I attached correctly.

Support as normal, as not answered the same question that has been asked here; Why have energy packs increased and what is the new costing? And why weren't players informed with a reason?

Nothing new from PG for players to not be informed about changes, but when a company continues to say they are wanting to be transparent with their players a little effort or in this case a heads up about increase costing in energy packs would be greatly appreciated. Oh and how can a increase in costing still be 20% off as you advertise in nice bold letters ingame on the energy cost refill screen box? Just to add another question in that I feel wont be answered.
          It's supposed to be costing less to purchase energy in this event, but the numbers look the same to me.

Comment

• Sandberg74
            Sandberg74 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think its fair to say that PG is the least transparent company in this field.

I've had pack costs jump in between runs. Buy 100 energy for 10 packs, next 100 energy was 20. Do a run or five, go to refill. Now cost is 22-23 packs per 100 energy instead of 20. Yeah, not subtle at all.

Comment

After hassling Support for most of the event this is what I've been told. I know first lot is 10 and then next is 20, but I never purchased the 20 so can't confirm if 30 was next and if it stayed at that. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny what Support has said. 🙂

Comment

Lol what else you can expect from PG

Comment

I've always wondered why it even skyrocketed from 10 to 19 before. A usual increase from my feeling would be something like 10 to 12 to 15 to 19...
                I have literally never spent 19 (or now 20) energy packs per round since I play this game. The RoI for energy packs used is simply too small after a certain point for free players/low spenders.
                MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

Working...
                X