Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Mega Coin is the WORST thing to happen to Team Gauntlet (etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red's concern, I believe everyone can relate or at least understand it far too well. Long time ago, we talked about what makes a good team mate and back then it was entirely achievable with careful planning, hard work and time alone.

Now it is just as she and many others have said. 'Now I have turned into a player that can barely make the tiniest of impact for my team' sums it up pretty well. (Stuff in grey can be skipped)

Personally, I found a lower diamond level tier team more than a year ago and was able achieve beyond minimum event requirements set by leadership with free chests alone. Rubies went for speedup packs, then sapphire wall hit and egg token grinding became priority.

Over the last few energy events I got into a situation unthinkable months ago. A couple times. At the mercy of reduced energy drops, I spent rubies dearly needed for breeding on gold chests in hope to pick up enough energy so I can barely make minimum requirement.

Voltolos

For Tug of War, we ultimately decided to go with implementing Mega Attacks since we believed the added gameplay option Mega Attacks provided players (e.g. ability for time constrained players to contribute meaningfully to their teams) outweighed the potential negatives of what might happen when players abuse Mega Attacks.
    There surely are spenders out there burning so much energy that maxing event is a given. To them, they simply reach global ranking in less time and are more likely to invest even more money due to reduced game fatigue.

To everyone else, however, this makes a 180° turn. No bonus meter means no semi-effective way to grind points (thus a heck more grinding needed) and no real impact in PvP as super attacks with inner fire and full bonus meter used to mean something before the introduction of mega coins.
    In a certain sense, most of us don't perceive MA as an added option in gameplay but rather as the only (not viable) way to go with everything else taken away.

Suggestion:
    - Pull MA out of PvP (keep them for islands,... )
    - Give back bonus meter, increase its stacking time (30min-90min) and reduce max bonus by 10%
    - Give back valor...
    - Revert to former PvP HP
    Last edited by Azure; 10-03-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Voltolos

What a load of BS. PG increased the HP of an island in PVP "to compensate for mega attacks". Great who the hell cares. Essentially all PG did was make it so instead of the PVP being over with 1-2 super attacks you now need to use 1-2 MEGA attacks. So for the top diamond teams in order to actually win a PVP everyone must always be using Mega attacks.

All mega attacks did was force the top 2-5 teams use mega attacks instead of Super attacks, costing us WAY more IF and energy and therefore forcing us to spend more to stay competitive. They did it to make more money, plain and simple. It didn't add anything meaningful to these events at all. Dont try to give of this "adding a gameplay option" BS. Way to make an already grueling event even worse PG.

MEGA ATTACKS ARE CRAP!

Comment

Dear PG,

Having played for almost a year & regularly put more than 4 hrs a day / night into this game I finally hit a wall!!

Even when I was well below L100 I could routinely get the 450 sigil prize through hard grind & a little spend every month. Now as a high L100 (maybe L200 post Fortify) I could barely get the 350 sigil prize, despite spending well over 100 energy packs & a similar amount of inner fire. Foolishly I instructed my team to focus on the PvP bases as they've always provided good VP, but their increased health meant so much more energy was required that we had little left to take the normal bases. Last Gauntlet we hit the top island in a day; this event we still had 4 islands to go!! More worryingly my normally very active team participation drop hugely due to their despondence with the event; yes we might only be P4 (we have no interest in going higher yet as the team is still growing & the prizes are the same), but up till now their enthusiasm has been amazing. This event killed that ...

So please please please listen to your player base. Each poster here has a team of people behind them who they represent & look after as family. Having read all the posts to date I feel we all speak with one voice to say:

- Drop Mega Coins.
        - Bring back Timer Bonus.
        - Rebalance prize tiers so that new players can actually participate & grow (... just because we're late joining the game should not be held against us; after all new blood brings new money).
        - Keep energy prices as they were.
        - Lower island heath back to what it used to be.
        - Indicate how many points you get for attacking a base.
        - Use your time wisely to fix all the glitches that you've known about for months that really annoy us (... like resource production boost protection!!) rather than change stuff that works well.
        - and keep listening to & taking on board your customers' feedback!!

(... Ok a few of these are mine own team's views, but I hope other elements of the player base might agree).

PS. I actually had an early night last night & watched TV for a few hours instead of playing for the 1st time in months ... that's how disappointed I felt with a challenge that I normally really enjoy.

Comment

• Grumpybigbird
          Grumpybigbird commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost exactly the same situation with my P3 team. We never ever not hit the last island and this time, with a last minute push we just managed to hit the 4th last island. What a joke this event has been! Activity wise we went from 80s to 50s in this event alone. No one wants to grind super hard for no rewards.

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, you guys should have 100% focused on the PvE islands and not even took a second look at PvP.

I did some quick calcs at the beginning of the event and gave my report to our leader and we never hit PvP until the very last day with pretty decent success for the amount of energy our entire team spent as a whole. If stuff changes like island HP, points awarded, etc it is your duty as leaders/officers to assess the changes appropriately and react.
      Working...
      X