Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum is Undergoing Migration

UPDATE: The migration process has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. We're still aiming for launch this week. Thanks for bearing with us!

Please visit this thread HERE for more details and periodic updates on progress!
See more
See less

Mega Coin is the WORST thing to happen to Team Gauntlet (etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Mega coins are for people who do not have the time for normal attacks:
    - I thought that was what super attacks were for? I for one will not use this feature even though I have the IF and energy for it. The bonus meter made it possible for everyone to have a decent chance to get some good prizes, now that's impossible; the tiers are simple to hard to reach.

2. People didn't like having to play all the time, and mega attacks could help with this:
    - Personally I stuck with just burning 200 energy in one sitting to get some points, so I've never had this problem. But if a lot were bothered by this, then why not just shortening the event to two days like it used to be? Yeah, I know it shortens the time the players spend paying, but it might give you happier costumers (and happy costumers usually pay more and stay longer ...)

3. A question: what was the reason for making energy more expensive? Because I can think of none.

Comment

• War fan
      War fan commented
      Editing a comment
      3. So that you had to buy more gold chests, ie, spend more money.

• odie1993
      odie1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      to answer queston #3...money money money

diamond HP for the PVP island is at 140K. That is just downright stupid.

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Team Russia took down our PvP island and they had ~12 minutes left on the clock. They stole 5677 VP from us.

Lmao.

• odie1993
      odie1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mechengg that's absurd. He have had some teams not even try to take it down against us.

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh we don't even try. And i'm recommending to our team that we never hit PvP. The risk is too high if we don't finish the base that we could spend that energy on defeating the top 4 or 5 bases over and over again with far less risk and less requirement to use super/mega attacks to finish the island in that 3hr time frame.

The only time that it will be beneficial is in the last 12 hours of the event if and only if we have 25+ people online who can spend 100+ energy each to get the island defeated. The only time.

The mega coin only helps the team if the individual wasnt planning on attacking..what? 10 times per coin used.
    https://www.topguntg.com/

Comment

Congratulations PG...

Comment

• odie1993
        odie1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        I want to thank PG for ruining the best part of this event which was the PVP battles. Our team, a D2 team, has decided to forget about the PVP bases as its a huge waste of energy and the points are better on the PVE islands.

As red said. Please remove megacoin. We have a goid team in plat, however we have No real spenders. We used to be able to be top 5 easy. But we see that the megacoin has changed this
      we Could take down the pvp if we coordinate, but with the megacoins there is No use

so please remove coin

Comment

With all due respect , **** mega coins.

Comment

PG lies. They always have. The Mega Attack has nothing at all to do with ‘helping’ Low level mostly inactive players.

Its a device aimed to punish the upper end, competitive teams in the game.

We are a top team. Yes we have spenders, how could we not? However despite what others believe it’s never been the main criteria. Non spenders, good players, those guys who put there team first, the best players regardless of spending could find a new home. Let’s face it in the past it was possible to be right up there with little to no spending as long as you put in the effort & understood how the game worked so you could advance.

So for loving this game, putting my team & team mates first, for having the gall to to competitive, to the WD player base I’m sorry. 😔

To PG there is nothing good, nothing decent, about your company, employees and behavior. I doubt you even possess the ability to redeem yourselves anymore. You can’t even see how wrong your behavior is. I have no faith or trust in you at all.

Comment

• SuavGlav
            SuavGlav commented
            Editing a comment
            Completely on point.

Between the game mechanics, betas, economy and in-game currency, chest and resource value, progression curve, and even communication on these forums we put our trust in War Dragons as a game and PocketGems as its caretaker... At every turn over the past year they have more than betrayed that trust-- they have spat upon it.

They have maximized every opportunity to under-deliver, under-perform, and under-cut us, their paying customers. The vitriol-- and dare I say seed of hatred-- that now permeates the forums and the LCs stands in direct correlation to the loss of trust and lack of faith.

Shame on you PocketGems.

• Dravoz
            Dravoz commented
            Editing a comment
            Both of you are on point. PG are ethically bankrupt and have demonstrated nothing but sustained contempt for their customers. I quit the game because I'm convinced they will never change.

Mega coins are basically extortion. Introduce something very expensive and then require it be used to be competitive. Bingo, major cash flow!

Or... your customers resent being exploited so extensively and decide not to play. Nearly everyone I have talked to is completely ignoring the PVP island because of the hp increase and the essential requirement of using megacoins that is now in place for the PVP island.

Comment

While it is great to see employees finally commenting on player/event issues (ok, employees that actually work in the areas of concern) it is very disheartening to see the standard “we won’t change it mid event, but keep brainstorming and giving us new ideas (to take your money)” responses.

How about no. How about NOT giving PG any more free work, Red? How about shutting them off, saying screw this, fix the broke shit FIRST for a change, and then we can talk about all of the other amazing ideas that the playerbase has and would like to see in the game?

How many absolutely brilliant ideas have they been given FOR FREE and either screwed up so badly the players either begged for them to be fully implemented or completely rolled back?

This game has gone from absolutely awesome for me to well, I guess I should log in and make an effort so my team won’t think I have quit yet. And that’s coming from a former weekly spender. Know what I got yesterday that I can now afford JUST with my savings from not spending on WarDragons? A NEW CAR. Yes, I can pay an entire car payment on a $25k car with how much I USED to spend on WarDragons. That money is now spoken for and sorry to say, you won’t be getting it back, at least for 4 years. I gave you a chance to return from whatever money hungry path that the company has turned down, and well, you continue to go down this road.

Meh, whatever, I’m wasting my time typing this because like most things, we won’t get any meaningful answers or results.

Comment

• SuavGlav
              SuavGlav commented
              Editing a comment
              Preach, preachuh!

• VirNinja
              VirNinja commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m going on a spa vacation with two of my teammates with the money we are saving by not spending in war dragons

Complaining customers ( money spenders) will never receive any satisfaction as long as they continue to spend. There will be no solution to the growing greed that bellyaching players complain about as long as the spending continues. Why would they? Want some action ? Put your wallet away. PG have become the White walkers and they have breached the wall. If we don't organize and show some solidarity as players , we will lose this game to unbridled greed. Help the game , keep your money this pvp

Comment

• Renegat 2
              Renegat 2 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is absolutely true! Every business that makes progress according to plan will continue. And what we see is very much according to PG's plan. I really hope none of you guys believe any of what we see is random or unintended! It is EXACTLY what PG wants and planned for. Less than one percent of the player base is putting so much money that they are the key focus, and almost everyone who is posting on the forums is not part of that group (with very few exceptions). And based on the few things we hear from the whales, PG does not even care too much about them because money is still flowing, irrespective of the issues they constantly create or never fix.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for all us addicted players) I think that the game will die the moment revenue flow goes below a threshold PG' senior management has set. None of what they do seems to cater to the future of the game, just securing current income, i.e., milking the whales. This is more or less the same for over a year now, as Warlord said in another post, it is what it is and nothing we do or say is going to change that. Only if we accept reality and let go we, i.e., the forum members, will start losing anger and frustration...

Well said Red
            i feel the Mega Coin has not only taken away the team atmosphere of this event but also the fun. This event seems like a busy work workbook page back in 3rd grade now.

Comment

I agree with red completely. I’m in a s2 team and we have completely abandoned trying to hit the pvps. It’s not worth it.

Comment

This has always been the most boring battle event in the stable. The only excitement came from trying to destroy the PVP island quickly. Now, due to the Mega Coin and the over-compensation in island hp for that little money grabber, even THAT little bit of excitement has gone.

PGDave , if you are truly serious about making this event more enjoyable, rather than just more profitable, stop adding money-making schemes to it, and just return it to what it was.

Get rid of the Mega Coin and the super attacks, restore the PvP island hp's to reasonable levels, and add back the bonus meter. Start focusing on making the game fun, not making a buck.

Comment

• ITIL
                  ITIL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're forgetting proper prize scaling...

• PogTheWarrior
                  PogTheWarrior commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, that too. Too many bad changes to keep track of them all...

Originally posted by TheRedDelilah View Post

Welcome to the forums, Voltolos , and thank you for replying.

Honestly, I have to say that your data is going to be extremely skewed. Remember that for the first iteration of Tug of War that included Mega Attacks, we were given a free one as the feature was introduced. What is your definition of "being abused"? For my team, we honestly just gave up for most of the event and just used our free coins collectively to use the little strategy that was left. Darling, I WANT to be able to grind. I WANT to be able to do well if I invest hours of gameplay. I don't invest nearly as much as I use to because there is absolutely no point. It is frustrating, demoralizing, and heartbreaking. Do you know how it could possibly feel as a leader of a competitive, old, but hardly heavy spending team (by comparison) to know that the only way my team could compete was to pay? Could you possibly know how it feels as a leader to not be able to help my team even with hours of gameplay because I can't even make a dent? It is heartbreaking.

I disagree with your "solution" to the PvP island entirely. Once, if I had 20 people online we had a shot of taking down the PvP island before them. We get 1-3 attacks in a person, and then the island is down. Now it will take way more people (impossible with our diverse team) or significantly more attacks to take the island down for my team, meanwhile any team that can afford mega attacks just whipes us away. You have only made it twice as hard for my team to compete, not balanced anything at all. If you want the Mega Attacks, fine. Just disable them for PVP islands and let people who have "limited time" use them on PvE islands instead. Stop punishing teams and let this event be a TEAM EVENT, not a single player who can afford the most mega points event.

Honestly you've broken my heart. I have been playing War Dragons for two and a half years, I work my ass off to try and keep up, but I am a teacher and can hardly afford to spend much on this game at all. Mega Coins in events like this, where team strategy was once key, are showing me that my activity, time, and dedication are worthless. I'm one of those little players who would buy a pack on an event if my grinding was getting me somewhere, so I could keep grinding. Now I have turned into a player that can barely make the tiniest of impact for my team, and I feel like giving up entirely. What do you expect me to do?
                This is probably the most heartbreaking thing I have read on this forum, I completely understand how you feel though. TheRedDelilah I really hope you don't leave, I don't post but have been reading your posts for a long time and truly respect you and the love you have for your team and the game.

Voltolos CampusLifer PGDave Please try to empathise with this post, it encapsulates exactly how frustrated and upset people are about the game at the moment.
                Last edited by DrWorm; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I am quite fed up with how things are developing, so I can understand the frustration. But - no offense! - if an app game "breaks your heart" you should maybe give it up, go outside and hug your loved ones, a pet or even a tree. This is much more rewarding...

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
                    TheRedDelilah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bahaha - already do those things, minus the tree hugging. I've cut back from my former 6-8+ hours a day in game down to 1-3. It's heartbreaking because I've played this game for 2.5 years and watched it grow in so many ways. They can do better than this, I know it.
                Working...
                X