Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Mega Coin is the WORST thing to happen to Team Gauntlet (etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously hate that you don't get any points and you waste inner fires if someone "beats" the island before you. You should at least get the points if you began the run before the island was actually destroyed. I'm glad I don't have any mega coins to potentially lose to such an eventuality.

Comment

Voltolos So once again PG totally utterly ignores feedback from players and you blindly keep plunging forward with the world according to you. You've got a spread of players here from low level up to Diamond and we are all flat out telling you the same thing. The feedback from the Mega Coin has been consistently negative from its introduction.

The Mega Coin attack has nothing at all to do with 'allowing players who don't want to grind all weekend to participate and help their team in a meaningful way.'

Yes, you earn money from those horrible Mega Coin, I get you are a company and you need to earn money. You were earning it anyway. I can guarantee you despite your viewpoint that it's causing fewer players to 'burn out' you are wrong. Totally utterly wrong at least in the upper end of the game.

It should be disabled for PvP. Allow at least something in this game to be about teamwork and activity rather than come up with new and inventive ways that the Hackers in the game can push other teams to spend more trying to compete.

I used the free one last major event. I can guarantee I will not be doing another Mega Attack and that FYI is from someone who is a spender.

Comment

• ZodaTheFrog
        ZodaTheFrog commented
        Editing a comment
        but you also raid players in lower leagues for rss. it starts at the bottom and ends in diamond. when the lower leagues break away also diamond gets less of the game. maybe a lot of bots will be created. you maybe only war diamond teams but you certainly dont attack only diamond teams for rss. however, im also just pissed right now and hope that PG will feel that frustration they cause on the players also themselfs. this is the thrid pvp event they ruined which means i didnt have fun in a pvp event in 6 weeks now. the game gets pointless to me. You can be rude, i dont mind .

• Jess
        Jess commented
        Editing a comment
        So you are blaming Diamond players for raiding RSS? Hate to break it to you but that is a part of the game and I'm sure you do so as well unless you use rubies to level your dragons.

Food shortages is another one of those issues that have been brought up by players over and over again. FYI I raid food near my own level thanks very much baby players don't even come up in the attack matchmaking screen. I can also raid food easier and more consistent with my low-level alt than my main.

You are also way off topic. If you want raiding stopped then create a new thread, I don't like your chances though.

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        Jess I believe what Zoda is trying to say is duo-faceted:

1. Almost every team, even in D1, has f2p players who are eventually going to be squeezed out because PG is removing all competitive options except for spending exorbitant amounts of money. Either those teams will have to replenish their ranks with more spenders, or the current spenders will have to kick their spending into another gear to compensate, or those teams risk falling off the competitive edge.

2. A lot of teams, even in Diamond, have lower level players who farm RSS from lower-level players or from higher-level players who have already moved down to lower leagues because they can no longer afford to be competitive. PG's tactics for monetizing all aspects of the game are going to weed out a small percentage of players in lower leagues who will pay to move up the ranks, but a vast majority in the lower leagues will wallow, stagnate, and become inactive, which may impact RSS farming for lower level players trying to stay competitive in higher leagues.

I think he/she is talking about how the impact on individual players will affect entire teams and possibly even entire leagues.

I could be wrong though.

Hey folks. Just a reminder to keep it civil. We welcome feedback and criticism about the mega coin feature, but direct attacks and insults to staff or other forum members won't be tolerated.

Comment

Thread 1:
        Players: Megacoin sucks
        PG: its great you are all wrong

Thread 2:
        Players: PG doesn't listen
        PG: No we do, lets discuss things

See thread 1?

Rinse and repeat

Thread 3:
        Player: As said in my other thread "copy paste"
        PG: Locks topic/bans player - Reason: not allowed to copy paste answers, or make multiple things about whats in other threads

Thread 4:
        Player: PG aren't listening, this is not the same issue as before (something has changed)
        PG: Here is a copy pasty of my previous reply

Rinse and repeat

Thread 5:
        Player: Rage rage angry angry
        PG: Don't understand why there is so much negativity.....

Really?

So essentially there are two different issues here

Issue 1: Took away bonus meter, didn't drop prizes tiers equally

- Players lost 50-100% bonus meter effect, yet prizes were dropped by 33% odd.
        - BIGGER issue is PG has so far denied this/not responded. The offset should have been equal. There really is no way around this. Howcome it wasn't done or fixed is beyond logic.

Issue 2: MegaCoins take away strategy, in favour of Pay-to-Win
        - Players have clearly articulated it, yet the reply from PG comes back as "makes it easier for those that don't want to grind to compete"
        - NOT the same issue - Pay to win ==/== pay to partake
        - What should be happening is if someone doesn't want to grind, they can spend money to make them competitive. They should not be able to buy wins.
        - A well organized free-to-play team should be able to beat/compete a poorly organized team with 1-2 spenders. This is not what the megacoin does currently.

Surely the above two issues are simple to understand?
        Last edited by gox1201; 09-28-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          The funny things about this is... CL copies and pastes regularly.
          And they're now banning players for restarting old threads and asking that we do start new ones instead of continuing discussions which already exist...
          Yet if a current one exists, many others get locked.

Wish they'd hurry up and bring on the new forum, and hope it has better mechanics for keeping things a bit more under control.

• SuavGlav
          SuavGlav commented
          Editing a comment
          EXCELLENT take, gox1201.

Voltolos - I beg you - please just remove the ability to use Mega Coins on the PVP Island. If people have limited time, like you cliam Mega Coin is designed for, let them use Mega Coins on PvE islands.

This is a simple solution that, for now, I think covers everyone needs.
        Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
        Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
        How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
        Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
        All Breeding Paths
        Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
        Dragon's, etc.

Social:
        Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
        Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by laserlight View Post

Originally posted by Voltolos View Post

For the most part, It looked like the feature performed with how we intended Mega Attacks to perform, and we saw very few cases of where they were being abused. We saw more players being able to participate meaningfully in PVP events, and fewer players burning out in these events than before. To give some numbers, we saw 20% higher engagement in Tug of War with Mega Attacks, with 25% less time invested in attacking from players. Because of these results, it gave us confidence that we could make it work in Team Gauntlet as well, with a couple of tweaks.

Again, definition of abuse please. None of these stats seem to be relevant, it was first time you ran the event with a promotion for the mechanic. Can you provide stats from any recent mega coin events? Can you also provide a stat for the average prize tier earned with said recent event.
          Here are some stats/facts/assumtions from the last Conquer the World event which can eventually be applied to this Tug of War reference from Voltolos :
          • Only 71 players maxed the event worldwide. I assume this is a new low.
          • The overall higher engagement by players (atleast from my side) most likely came from people grinding like crazy because the prize tiers were totally out of reach with the removal of the bonus meter, requiring more time for most players, not less.
          • Players with enough money to use several Mega Attacks to save 25% of their time are unlikely to increase their engagement with the event by 20%, that would be reversed logic. I don't know by which metric PG measures engagement, but if a time saving factor increases engagement, there must be something wrong.

Last edited by MareZ; 09-28-2017, 02:18 AM.
          MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, very good point Jess . In other words, Mega Coins are yet another wedge driven into the gap between whales and non/low spenders.

• laserlight
            laserlight commented
            Editing a comment
            MareZ, Your third point seems accurate. One of our highest players was pretty pissed off by the fact that they couldn't reach the same prize tiers as they did the last time they played Conquer the World. And I got the feeling that they spent a lot more time grinding this time as well.

There's also the fatigue factor that developer/non-players don't understand. We had a lot of players constantly requesting backup for runs to get 120+ points. And that just increased the stress of the bigger players who already were having to spend hours each day grinding just to earn the same prizes as last time.

• Kittens
            Kittens commented
            Editing a comment
            "Engagement" in this case means total money spent.

Originally posted by MareZ View Post
          • ... that would be reversed logic. I don't know by which metric PG measures engagement, but if a time saving factor increases engagement, there must be something wrong.
          I presume that with Engagement seems PG intends Money Spent.
          I'm plus one bagging for mega attacks will be removed from PVP, at least.

Comment

Just remember that the forum is "not a good representation of the playerbase" so none of this will even matter because PG will still just use their made up statistics to justify their bullshit decisions.

Comment

I agree with many points above especially losing valuable Inner Fire and other boost in events when someone finishes a base or island after you launch an attack. It's not like we can see someone already launched. I agree we should at least get our points if we are allowed to launch and we beat the base.

As a mostly free player with insomnia, I am finding it impossible to make it to the 450 sigil reward (which I don't think is too greedy of me) in all but the fortification and breeding events now. Neither one of those events require much skill and in fact you only have to fly to get tokens and chests. Prior to the mega coin I could get my bonus meter up to full and then score some decent points. I have bought occasional value packs and even gifted a few to team mates (can't do that anymore on Google) as well as purchasing an annual elite account (which is up in about a month).

As most of our team spends only occasionally we have dropped from sapphire down to platinum so these new game mechanics have hurt our ability to be competitive. I don't know how some of you guys can afford to drop the money you say you do on this game, you must be VERY wealthy or using nefarious means to purchase things. It is disheartening to read that player's desire to remain competitive with effort over massive amounts of money is being ignored. I know others have asked this before but I will make one more attempt at appealing to your financial logic. Would you rather get a reasonable amount money by keeping low - moderate spenders spending, or no money from this demographic because they leave the game?

I don't want to leave, I enjoy the people and the game is great despite its bugs. Please help me want to stay rather than want to find something else to do with my time. Thanks for reading, that is all...

Cheers

Comment

If i thought PG (beyond a few employees, and certainly not including those that really make decisions) cared, i would write something intelligent, but why bother. I have given up on PG ever being anything but money grabbing.

Comment

I have been waiting to send out a message to my team as to whether or not we are participating in this event. PGDave or Voltolos - can you confirm if Mega Coins WILL or WILL NOT be used for the PVP island?
                  Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
                  Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
                  How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
                  Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
                  All Breeding Paths
                  Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
                  Dragon's, etc.

Social:
                  Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
                  Twitch

Comment

• PGDave
                    PGDave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To answer your question, there is no last-minute/mid-event change in the works. But please don't let that discourage you from continuing to brainstorm improvements that should be made for this event and sharing them so Voltolos can weigh them alongside the hard numbers that are gleaned from observing this event's first run with the mega coin. I know you're disappointed that this iteration of the event wasn't changed, but it did result in a great deal of internal discussion and brainstorming, and I know that "what next" will be a lively topic between now and the next time Team Gauntlet runs.

• maattheeew
                    maattheeew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PGDave your posts are greatly appreciated. It is nice to see someone at least try. Sorry to say though, that something about your "internal discussions" is going to require an overhaul if players can expect any change. The amount of suggestions, ideas, etc. that have gone to "internal discussion" to die is staggering. Again, I appreciate you wanting to help, but I don't think the effort needed is player-side.

• PGDave
                    PGDave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair point. To be transparent, there are lots of ideas we'll never be able to implement -- but if you look at the ideas that we do implement, many are from players. My main intent was to encourage the community to keep thinking about how events and other parts of the game could be better, and then sharing those ideas.

Kill megas. If a team member plays so rarely that they can’t bust out a few super attacks, they suck as a team mate and shouldn’t be encouraged to the detriment of players who actually engage with their team.

WD has been successful because of the social aspect and your metrics ignore those. Mega attacks are absolutely toxic to most players’ morale. Again, your metrics ignore that.

So scrap the metrics on this and listen to your player base: MEGAS ARE KILLING THE GAME! DUMP THEM QUICKLY!

Comment

• Cameron90
                    Cameron90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No fable? 😔

• MareZ
                    MareZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair point. Well said.
                    Mega attacks and the higher HP for PvP islands in this current event basically inflated super attacks.
                    The same inflation will happen to other events like Tug of War for "balance reasons".
                    Last edited by MareZ; 10-01-2017, 06:48 AM.

Megacoins killed pvp events for me... Why not just give players an option to buy points while your at it....

Comment

• Jess
                    Jess commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, they have followed up on that request CooolAid! It's called the Mega Attack! lmao

I am elite account only player. The mega coin and resulting changes to scoring have basically taken away the last form of progress I had in the game. My goal has been typically to get one season dragon which was possible when I started playing a year ago with a decent investment of time. I have now hit the sapphire progress wall and the game basically amounts to logging in and running a junk dragon I don't want to fly three times and then having nothing to do while I wait a month for the next junk dragon. The events used to make up for this; however, the new scoring scale has destroyed any ability to even progress in the events. Outside of liking my guild there is basically no incentive to even play this game anymore.

Comment

@Voltolos
                    volt! come back! dont hide! we have questions! like, why not compress the prizes? you've increased the ruby and token count thats very generous of you now apply it to the sigils! volt! im askin why cant you increase the amount of sigils we get? or lower your expectation for the amount the spenders spend!

PGJared you and campuslifer are bawss's so props to both of you! you're recent posts have been off the charts amazing, i think what the players really want is the spirit of the gameplay before gold dragons. back when expert ettin meant something. (not like i know cause i barely had amarok before golds came out however i can feel the semblance point aside)

to the 'team' bring back the "spirit of gameplay".
                    Last edited by FangTheWise; 09-28-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X