Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

New Conquer the world??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Conquer the world??

The blog said earlier this month that this event will bring new changes. Is that still happening? Can we get more information?

PGJared Pixxel Echo CampusLifer EggToken

Comment

This is from the blog post, I think the changes are explained clearly:

Winning Wars has been the only way to climb the team rankings, but we will be introducing a new way to reach the next league in the Fall Season! For the past couple of years, players have been competing together as a team to win rewards in weekly events, testing the coordination, skill, and dedication of each team. Starting in the Fall Season, Event Prizes will include Team Ranking Points! If your team crushes the opposition, your team will be rewarded Team Ranking Points. But be warned, your team will also lose Team Rank Points if you can’t stand up to the competition. The Conquer The World event will be the first event to feature Team Ranking Point rewards. Rewards will be found in the Team Prizes event page.

Comment

There was also a mention of a dragon just for this event. If this is starting this event, I figured there would an announcement about it as some people didn't even know.

Comment

• Forrestt
          Forrestt commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure that they mean attacking with a certain dragon will yield more points lol

• dreamyillusion
          dreamyillusion commented
          Editing a comment
          Um no. I mean like a bonus event dragon lol

There was a time when boosting your base decreased the acres stolen by enemies. I,thought that was stopped a while back, but on the IGS FAQ page it still states boosting changes amount of points. One of my team members is passing this info to the team. Did PG stop the practice of decreasing stolen acres on boosted bases or not?

Comment

• Dakhunter
          Dakhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          That's totally true. It's just make it harder to fly your base. The Dp doesn't affect the points you give out anymore

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          Is Brigette even able to read any of our comments or does she have all of us blocked now?

• Chromat1
          Chromat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          They better not bring that back, was a long hard fight to remove this horible mechanic!

Wars have also been the only event where the playing field was even and based on skill, not on money. Players who work extremely hard to move up in the leagues will now be replaced by those who spend the most money. Am I understanding the motivation behind events affecting global ratings?

Edited to say that I'm not a freeloader; I do spend $10/month on the game. I would like to think there's some part of this game that still supports and acknowledges the spirit of gaming at least half as much as the depth of players' pockets.
        Last edited by Uhmorphous; 09-13-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          It means that all those sandbagging teams will have to start throwing wars, and teams that are coasting in a higher league will need to work harder to stay in them. You can check how much rating gets gained/lost in team prizing.

It would've been nice to see prizing bumped up for sub-leagues being harder overall, though, instead of just rating.

In plat its -10 points for rank 21-25, is that the same in sapphire? Totals are not really big enough to make a difference

Comment

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          You can scroll through the different league prizes in the team rewards menu of the event.

Sapphire is slightly scaled up from platinum, however diamond is quite different.

Any word yet on what the bonus points dragon(s) are?

Comment

• MareZ
          MareZ commented
          Editing a comment
          EggToken any updates on the dragons we were supposed to get to boost points since the bonus meter is now gone?

EggToken CampusLifer Echo PGJared

The event started but the event map is "empty" , no acres to see
        Last edited by EmrahT; 09-14-2017, 01:33 PM. Reason: corrected a word.

Comment

• Jeff8682
          Jeff8682 commented
          Editing a comment
          What's wrong? You don't like the new changes?

• Mechengg
          Mechengg commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the new "Winter Map"

Duh.

• EmrahT
          EmrahT commented
          Editing a comment
          Mechengg
          Right, and the blue part is one alliance, versus the white part the other one....
          I guess randomly we got into that blue range, so our bad teamrank is shown !
      Working...
      X