Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

PG, might you consider altering how we get portraits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG, might you consider altering how we get portraits?

I was looking at the fall season portraits and I like nearly all of them, however, getting them is another question all together.
    Maybe as we go through our sigils tiers, when we get to a portrait one, could we maybe CHOOSE what portrait we buy?
    Some of them (no offense) are awful and I end up having to spend hard earned sigils on something (up to 800 sigils!) that I will get zero use out of.
    Is that possible? For us to be able to choose the portrait we buy when we buy it, rather than deciding what bird to get and just living with whatever portrait that happens to be connected to it?

PGJared

Originally posted by CokeKane311 View Post
    I was looking at the fall season portraits and I like nearly all of them, however, getting them is another question all together.
    Maybe as we go through our sigils tiers, when we get to a portrait one, could we maybe CHOOSE what portrait we buy?
    Some of them (no offense) are awful and I end up having to spend hard earned sigils on something (up to 800 sigils!) that I will get zero use out of.
    Is that possible? For us to be able to choose the portrait we buy when we buy it, rather than deciding what bird to get and just living with whatever portrait that happens to be connected to it?

PGJared
    great idea!! we could buy all old portrait (like shadow knight, malevolent necromancer, ember guard ecc..)

Comment

• Warlord
      Warlord commented
      Editing a comment
      This 👆🏽

• Munt415
      Munt415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay away from my shadow knight, I got that because I've been playing this game for forever. Basically the only thing I still like about this game, I can still have a cool avatar that whales can't just buy

• Forrestt
      Forrestt commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Shadow Knight wasn't from that long ago, you know.

I like the idea of picking one of the three season portraits but like others I dont want to see any old portraits revived

Comment

I would support this. Maybe instead of collecting a specific portrait we get a portrait token we can use to trade in for whichever portrait we desire, then get upgrade tokens to get the next versions.

I would not support bringing back old rare portraits since they will lose absolutely all of their value amongst older players. I missed out and I'm fine not having any of them if it means that they stay super rare

Comment

• MareZ
        MareZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea, I'd support this.
        This would probably also solve the whole gender portrait discussion.

• Forrestt
        Forrestt commented
        Editing a comment
        The last thing this game needs is another currency.

I just mean from the current avatars for the current season.
      i wouldn't want to be able to get old ones, like others have said, those are like badges of honor, that can't be purchased.

Comment

100% support of this idea! I mean the female portraits are fine and dandy, but why do I feel like you are shoving female portraits down my throat when I'm a dude and vise versa? unless you want me to go catfishing, that'd be a different story PGJared EggToken CampusLifer

Comment

If you're asking, my personal opinion is that this shouldn't change.

Comment

• Warlord
            Warlord commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm all for gender equality. When a man picks his favorite dragon and gets a female portrait he won't use (yeah some see that aspect differently but we're not all the same) it's as wrong as a woman that ends up with a male portrait that she can't use.

Ppl want to enjoy their dragons and have avatars they can enjoy too.

You could easily say 'buy them all if you want that' but not everyone is in that position.

Suggestion would be to have a question mark instead of the portrait and by tapping on the first portrait you get a selection of one of the 3-4 avatars.

• MareZ
            MareZ commented
            Editing a comment
            I second Warlord's idea.
            We have already had threads full of female players (and male supporters of the idea) proposing a change to be fair across the board.
            With more and more female avatars (which is great) you might find yourself with the bigger part of the community (male players)* being unhappy sooner than later.

*or atleast this is my assumption.

• CokeKane311
            CokeKane311 commented
            Editing a comment
            May I ask what causes you to form that opinion?

Munt415 ... ... i have shadow knight on my middle profile... and account in rubies too... but for me is not important my avatar.. i play war dragons because i love war dragons... Avatar is part of gam like divne dragons in lineage... and if we have had possibility to rebreed them, same politics should be for avatars

Comment

• Sparky
            Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            breeding avatars would attract more players (at least teenagers playing in their parents' basement). :>)

I would prefer the avatars go back to being avatars (no background) - ie: just the character. A picture is nice and all, but the avatars are sort of a representation of the player and it works better from a design perspective and a user experience perspective when it's not a square image.

Comment

• laserlight
            laserlight commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah...the backgrounds feel out of place on the black attack screen. Maybe if they slapped a picture frame around them and cut off the excess it wouldn't stand out so much.

• Azure
            Azure commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thought here Tal. It would be much better if the background wouldn't be square and fill it all... having it blend into the grey or black background would make it a lot more artistic.

I guess it was to hard for them to do. And of course every dragon I was interested in so far has an avatar I don't want. Even the MALE dragon rider has a FEMALE avatar attached to his line.

Kind of stinks for those of us who don't want all these female avatars. Especially since we know it's not that hard to separate them into their own line.
          What, me worry?

Comment

I also really like the idea of having a pool of avatars that we can pick from each season. Ones that aren't tied to a specific dragon. Don't bring back old avatars, they should be the collectors items they are (like the old divine dragons).

Though the one upside to having portraits tied to a specific dragon is it's easier to see who's going for what dragon when they change their avatar over.

Comment

• MareZ
              MareZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I've seen and still see the Kharnyx Minion, which IMO looks pretty badass. But that has nothing to do with how good the dragon is, since we all know how Abrasucks turned out.
              They either need to offer portrait tokens to unlock the portrait you like, or offer a male and female version for every portrait you unlock.

• PodunkPrincess
              PodunkPrincess commented
              Editing a comment
              What Mare said

Personally, I'd rather seem them just get rid of them. I've yet to come across any "prize" avatar since Shadow Knight (which I failed to achieve) that I would consider using. It frustrates me every time I have to waste - let me say that again, WASTE - my siguls on these ridiculous and useless items.

Comment

• War fan
              War fan commented
              Editing a comment
              And that is the entire purpose of those avatars: that you HAVE to WASTE sigils to get them.

Making it easier (and nicer) for the player base to be able to obtain whichever avatar they want is most probably not on PG's roadmap, so it will never get done.
              Last edited by War fan; 1 week ago. Reason: typo

I made a post on this as well, they told me to visit this one which is fine, but my question still stands. Have they come up with a solution yet in regards to these portraits? I really dont want to have to spend sigils on Spindra to get the avatar I want, its the less appealing of the fall releases to me. Ive made it to Kharnyx's portrait and he looks badass but im a female and wont use that portrait.

Comment

How about offering a male or female version of EVERY avatar that is released? You select, in your account settings, whether you are male or female, then it sets the avatars as such.

Or, don't change anything. It's an avatar that is matched to a dragon. If avatars are THAT important to you, don't get that dragon (even if it is OMG the best).
              PGJared CampusLifer

Comment

I am a man and i like Fiend Slayer
                the only thing I don't like is the background of the portrait. Since Summer Season, these portraits didn't have black transparent Bg. I choose Kesis Knight just because this portrait has black BG.

Comment

Working...
                X